Freedom Hall & Gardens Reviews

51 Reviews for Freedom Hall & Gardens

1 User photo

Freedom Hall & Gardens 1

Melanie · Married on 04/13/2018

We booked and planned our wedding in less than 3 months. Freedom Hall was the perfect place for us. Their staff is FANTASTIC! It was worth every penny. Planning a wedding in such a short time frame would mean super stress right?! NO! Freedom Hall made it easy, as stress-free as a wedding can be. The food and cake were delicious. Our guest all had an great time. My husband and I were thoroughly impressed with the way it all turned out the day off and couldn't have asked for a better wedding day.

kelly · Married on 03/10/2018

A + ..The people and Freedom Hall fantastic.
    It was stressless and was able to enjoy the entire day ...without one worry..Great staff!!

Freedom Hall & Gardens 2

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2017

I love the Freedom Hall and Gardens! Their staff was AMAZING! My husband and I were helped every step of the way and everything was explained to us as it needed to be. I loved their attention to details. It was a dream to be married outside and then come inside to the beautiful indoor reception area with lights and decorations the way we wanted! I would definitely recommend 100%! It was a great value and the energy was so positive. :D

LorrieLynn · Married on 07/14/2017

They were the best. Very friendly staff from first meeting to seeing us out as the evening ended. They were very accessible weather by phone, text, or email and always answered promptly. Food was amazing all my guests raved about how delicious the food was. Couldn't have asked for a better place to get married!!

• Laura and Nicholas

Laura · Married on 05/29/2017

I could not believe how lucky we were to find this venue. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I didn't have to worry about a lot and I was able to just focus on all the other stuff related to the wedding other than coordinating with a caterer, table and chair rentals, finding a dj, worrying about if there's enough beer for my husbands family, and finding a bakery. We loved everything about this venue, and I've received nothing but compliments from my family and friends that attended. Everything was perfect... I highly recommend this venue to any of my friends or family that is looking for a affordable venue.

Amber · Married on 02/18/2017

Lucia at the Freedom Hall is the absolute best!!!!!!!! <3 My new husband and I just got married last weekend and had our reception at the Freedom Hall and Gardens. We were initially attracted by the price and the fact that there weren't any hidden fees. However, we were throughly impressed by the customer service we received throughout our experience. Lucia was our day of coordinator and she was incredible from start to finish, she went above and beyond to make sure that we truly had the best experience and the best day ever!!! To sum it up Lucia is professional, classy, eager to please, easy to work with, incredible customer service, knowledgable, quick to respond, and an absolute gem!!!!! Our food was way better than the testing, our cake was amazing, the drinks were flowing, our guests had an incredible time and because of Lucia so did we!!!! I highly recommend the Freedom Hall and Gardens! xo the new Mrs. Castagna

Jackie · Married on 08/27/2016

We had such an amazing experience with this venue for our wedding. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! Great bang for your buck and amazing customer service!
    Was able to accommodate 200 people for reception, received so many compliments about the amazing food and the beautiful decor as well.

Cathy · Married on 07/15/2016

I absolutely LOVE Freedom Hall! And Sandy is the best wedding coordinator! We had just our reception there and Sandy made our wedding planning so much less stressful! She always got back to me quickly with any questions or concerns we had! The staff helped problem solve during planning and even more so during our reception! Our wedding was the best day ever & all we've been hearing from our guests was how beautiful it was, how YUMMY the food was, and how awesome the staff was. The buffet option for dinner was just phenomenal! We couldn't have had such a smooth day anywhere else!

Vivian · Married on 02/01/2016

I can't even find all the words to describe how fantastic this venue is and how WONDERFUL my day coordinator Monica was. She made everything go so perfect and almost had me in tears at how passionate and professional she is. Helping me glue back my eyelash and bustling my dress with safety-pins doesn't even scratch the surface of how she made my wedding perfect.

When we arrived to visit this place and read everything they offered I knew I didn't have to keep looking, this was it. Place number 1, if only the dress had worked the same way. The price was perfect, but one of the reasons ours was a bit less was because we had it on a weekday, convenient for us, but not for most family so if you need weekend expect to pay a bit more, but still lower than the average by miles.

What did I read that won me over?
    1) Unlimited beverages aka Open Bar (Normally places would charge between 4-7k JUST for drinks but keep in mind they don't have a hard liquor license but you wouldn't want people drunk driving anyway.)
    2) Buffet (Option for take or donate leftovers normally 3-12k)
    3) DJ included (Normally between 1-4k, if you have an indoor ceremony, he'll hook up your officiant AND do the wedding music included in the package in addition to the reception portion.)
    4) The Cake! (They cut it up and place it on plates for your guests, after you cut it first of course.)
    5) Day Coordinator (I will say this for future brides, if you don't have a wedding planner or someone that is going to pay attention to every detail for you so that you can enjoy the night and not have to be the "host" of your own wedding, you definitely need to find a place that offers it: Normally day coordinators are $1000+)
    6) Decor -Free as long as you stay standard! We upgraded 12.50 per linen, 150 for head table backdrop

It seems too good to be true, but the reason is because it's near the San Jose airport and in a business park, but you wont regret it if you choose this place!

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

Best venue me and my husband could of chosen! My wedding coordinator Lucia was the BEST she made our wedding like a dream come true! She went above and beyond for us! I will always recommend this venue and I guarantee you, you will never regret picking this venue!!!

Joshua · Married on 06/07/2014

They did most of the work for us. All we had to do was ensure all our gifts showed up to the venue and that we also showed up to the venue. They were really great and ensured our day was very special. I would love to see other people use this vendor.

Jeanette · Married on 05/30/2014

Sandy, Monica, Betty and the rest of the team at the Freedom Hall and Gardens were a wonderful group to work with! I'll admit I had been frustrated searching for an affordable, yet elegant venue for our wedding in the SF Bay Area, so when I came across this site, I thought that it was probably too good to be true. It was also located in a somewhat unusual locale of a business park, but I went in with an open mind and was blown away by what we saw! The grounds surrounding the buildings were beautiful and photographed very well.

They took great care of us from the very first phone call all the way through our entire day. The fact that most of the biggies were handled by this all inclusive vendor, made coordination a breeze (DJ, Cake, Catering, Drinks, Linens, Silverware, lighting to name a few). Sandy made us feel like family, and I can't thank her enough for making our day so wonderful for the 2 of us and all for all of our family and guests!

We had our wedding here in April 2014 and it was wonderful! My husband and I were planning our wedding from the east coast and FH&G were just so wonderful and flexible with everything. We actually booked the location without seeing it first!

They literally took care of everything for us and for a very reasonable price. We really lucked out in nabbing the only date available in the spring on relatively short notice! Planning the wedding under 6 months was made so much easier by the wonderful consideration and flexibility that was provided by the venue and the wedding coordinator, Sandy and her team. Lucia, as the day of coordinator was absolutely great as well! The chocolate dipped strawberries were delicious!

We definitely recommend Freedom Hall & Gardens!

sherry · Married on 10/04/2013

My son and his newly wife recently got married at Freedom Hall and I was so impressed with everything!!! Our coordinator, Lucia was AWESOME!!! She ran this wedding from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The grounds were gorgeous the reception hall was Beautiful!!!! They completely paid attention to every possible detail and the staff was on top of everything. I would definitely recommend Freedom Hall! They deliver what they promise and then some!!!!

I personally want to say THANK YOU to the entire Staff for making my babies day so Amazing!!! I don't think I have ever smiled as much as I did that night!!!

Diana · Married on 09/21/2013

I recently had my wedding at Freedom Hall and Gardens and it was wonderful. I had the misfortune of rain (despite the fact that it was the ONLY day it rained in SEPTEMBER), but the staff did a wonderful job moving my outdoor ceremony indoors at the last minute. The staff really do walk you through everything before the wedding, so you don't stress out about anything at all. The day of the wedding, I brought a lot of my own decorations and the staff put up EVERYTHING for me, so all I had to do was get dressed the day of the wedding. Everything was so beautiful and I had so much fun thanks to Freedom Hall. I'm so happy I picked them and I definitely recommend them.

Colby · Married on 09/14/2013

We chose Freedom Hall and Gardens for our reception due to their location near our ceremony and their proximity to several hotels. They took care of dj, food, alcohol, cake, and held our hands through the decision making process. They were very professional and the reception went very smoothly due to their services. It was a great weight off of our shoulders to not have to worry about all of these services.

Chris · Married on 07/20/2013

My wife and I were extremely pleased with Freedom Hall. They delivered on everything they promised. The food was great, the timing was perfect. Lucia acted wonderfully in getting our stuff ready and making sure everything went the way we wanted it, even when we weren't exactly sure how we wanted it. They really know their sweet spot of all-inclusive weddings without sacrificing individual touches that made it ours. I cannot recommend them enough!

• chelsea

chelsea · Married on 07/19/2013

My husband and I had our wedding here and it was amazing. The place was decorated the way we wanted and much more. The food was delicious and my guest still talk about it. The owners are great and I'm so happy they give us a alternative to a nice wedding at a low cost. The staff was great and helped out with everything including problems we never knew about, like making sure my disabled child was comfortable and made sure he had everything he needed. The best part of the whole wedding process was our coordinator Sandy. She is my life saver and good at what she does. I say she deserves a big raise, lol :-) She knew how to handle every situation that came our way. She was very responsive and also called me back while she was on a family vacation, just because I had a question. If you are looking for a great place to have your wedding well this is it! Don't need to look any further :-) They also do other events besides wedding which is great to know too!

Leni · Married on 03/23/2013

We just had our wedding and reception at Freedom Hall & Gardens on Saturday, March 23, 2013. I cannot believe how fantastic everyone at Freedom Hall was for us!

First and foremost, you get so much bang for your buck. Open bar? Check. DJ? Check. Delicious food? Check. And scrumptious wedding cake? Double Check. Our guests said (and I know they weren't lying or exaggerating) they loved Freedom Hall's famous chicken madeira. They went back for seconds and some for thirds for this dish. They LOVED it! They also loved how beautiful the surroundings are -- hey, I know it's somewhat strange to have a wedding in a business park. But the beauty of the gardens and even the architecture and design of the surrounding buildings really make this venue an ideal spot for a garden wedding ceremony. Oh, and the plentiful free parking was a bonus. If you're used to paying for parking in SF, Oakland, or Berkeley, it's just so nice to have free parking. Lots of it.

Kristina, our wedding coordinator, did a FANTASTIC job -- we dropped off all of our decorations on the Thursday before our wedding, and by Saturday, everything was in place. EVERYTHING. She set up our candy buffet/candy table, decorated the ceremonial arch, decorated the wedding arch, and overall, just did everything to perfection. I love what she and her team did (and they did so much in the background too). They kept me calm, hydrated, and didn't want me to worry about a thing. They took care of me, the groom, our wedding party, and even the parents.

A thousand thanks to Freedom Hall & Gardens for making our wedding day so memorable, fun, and happy!

• W

william · Married on 06/22/2012

GREAT venue as well as great people to work with !! everything went flawlessly ! HIGHLY recommend !!

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2012

This is the best place to have a wedding on a budget, but without it looking like you were on a budget. I couldn't have asked for more, the staff here is very attentive and helpful, and on the day of my wedding I didn't have to worry about anything but the expected, they took care of everything else. I couldn't have been more pleased with choosing Freedom Hall and Gardens!!!

Nitze · Married on 05/19/2012

Freedom Hall is amazing!!
    Their staff is fabulous ! I got married May 19,2012 and I couldn't ask for better. I had the most perfect wedding thanks to freedom Hall's staff. They made everything go so smooth that I had nothing to worrie about. I enjoyied every minute of my wedding. Lucia was our wedding coordinator and she did an awesome job. Lucia was there @ all times with us and even made sure that my husband and I had something to eat. They are so well organized and work together. Very satisfied with everything.

Amber · Married on 03/31/2012

I had my wedding here on March 31st 2012. Sandy our coordinator was absolutely amazing! Kept the wedding at a great pace, food was amazing, drinks were great, service was superb, and they catered to every single person in the bridal party! Love this place, will recommend to all my future bride friends!

Sharie · Married on 03/09/2012

they were the venue i picked for our wedding. they provided the tables, napkins,chairs, linins, cake, food, appitizers, beverages, beer, centerpieces, candles, dj. they provided so much i cant name it all, they even set up and cleaned up after our event!!!!! to me that deserves an extra star. our event was well cordinated and everyone is still talking about our beautiful wedding.

thank you freedom hall and gardens.