Figueroa Disc-Jockey Service Reviews

19 | Glendale, AZ

19 Reviews for Figueroa Disc-Jockey Service

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Words cannot express how grateful we are for everything Matt did for our wedding. He not only preformed his DJ duties through the rehearsal, ceremony and reception, but also gave us piece of mind through the entire process. His expertise is truly invaluable and it made the entire day perfect. He helped us make the ceremony organized and efficient. He was there for us to make the entire day run smoothly. He made our reception amazing, playing a perfect balance of requested songs, specific dances and music that we really loved.
    He is the only person that I would trust to do a wedding, because he is the reason we enjoyed our reception so much!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Aimee · Married on 10/07/2017

Matt Figueroa is the most amazing DJ! Very professional and caring. He has DJ'd for a number of my families events and we continue to use him as repeat business. His ability to orchestrate a wonderful night with no worries from us was seamless. He did everything down to refilling our water glasses between songs and bring us anything we needed. His job did not stop at being a DJ. His genuine love for what he does comes through in every action he takes. Matt took so much off our shoulders the minute we met with him. Like any wedding we were behind schedule and he made sure to keep pace and get everything we wanted in place. He was better than a wedding planner. He made our wedding perfect.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/02/2016

We found Matt by seeing him at someone else's wedding. We loved him and knew that he would someday be our DJ. When we first got engaged and started looking at vendors, Matt was the first one that we agreed on. Before the wedding we spoke with him via email and phone and met twice to go through the logistics. We sat down and planned out the evening. His excitement and knowledge made us both feel at ease that we would have a worry free night. The day of, he arrived early, set up and was ready to go when we needed him. He kept the party going on all night. We did the typical anniversary dance, money dance, garter and bouquet throw and he added some entertainment and excitement to each of these activities. I absolutely loved the night and was so happy that Matt was there to help us live it up!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Amber · Married on 02/07/2015

Scott Bailey was our DJ and he did an amazing job! Everyone really liked him and had an amazing time! He was very good about handling the many different personalities that were involved. Scott was very understanding and flexible when I decided I wanted to make changes in the middle of the reception and he listened to my concerns and was able to make it happen! Thanks again!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Bethany · Married on 05/30/2014

There are no words for the service that we received on our special. Matthew takes his talent in disk jockey to a whole other level! We still have people commenting on what an amazing DJ we had and it's been 6 months!! Matt rocked it with his creativity and passion for us. He was totally affordable, prompt, and exceeded our every expectation!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Kasey · Married on 12/01/2012

Matt has been doing DJ services for my husband for about 10 years now, so picking him for our wedding was a no brainer. I honestly was blown away by Matt from the second I met him at our first meeting. He took us through step by step what would happen at the wedding and gave us so many fun ideas and ways to make our wedding REALLY special. Matt was so good with understanding the vibe of our guests and really made our wedding so unique and different.

Sent on 12/21/2012
  • Y

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2011

Matt was the DJ for our wedding and he did an amazing job. From our first meeting he really helped to put us on track. He provided us with lots of great recommendations on not only music choices but the flow of the entire event from ceremony through reception. The order of events went so smoothly and many of our guests commented on how this was the most fun wedding they had attended. Matt really interacted with our guests and had some great ideas on how to get everyone involved. We were afraid the majority of our guests would be sitting on the sidelines and not dancing, but Matt definitely had everyone on the dance floor. He really made our reception great and I can't thank him enough for it.

Sent on 05/12/2011

Katie · Married on 01/08/2011

I would recommend Matt to any bride looking for a DJ. Every place along the way of wedding planning from the photographers, florists, wedding venue etc. I've heard great things. Upon first meeting, I told him my view of what I wanted my wedding to be... and he instantly got it. I was having trouble picking songs for the ceremony and he gave me so many options that it was easy to narrow down choices. There were songs that I didn't want played "no matter what" and he respected that. We gave him a genre to stick to and a "vibe" we wanted at the wedding and he played directly into that. He took requests from guests and kept the party going. During the ceremony I got so many compliments on what a great time people were having. Every guest was involved from the beginning to the end of the night, there were plenty of empty seats in the room because everyone from great grandmothers to toddlers were up dancing. Matt had great ideas to put into the reception that there was never a dull moment.

Sent on 06/08/2011

Jenne · Married on 11/06/2010

Matthew Figueroa was our wedding dj (11/6/10). He was amazing. From the beginning he made sure to point out that this was our wedding not his and he would do whatever needed to be done to make it special. He was able to incorporate our style into the wedding and still made all our guests styles fit in too. He has so many unique ideas that made our wedding a ton of fun. Plus he brought flip flops. Females know half way through a wedding you end up in bare feet. I've never been to a wedding (before mine) where the DJ brought flip flops for the guests. Just one way Matthew went out of his way to make our night perfect. I highly recommend him as a DJ for a wedding or other event.

Sent on 12/06/2010

Jennifer · Married on 04/10/2010

I've worked with Figueroa Disc-Jockey Service and was so impressed with Matt's talent. He completely adapts to what the bride and groom request whether it's wanting to get the crowd on the dance floor, to creating classic and timeless musical entertainment. He works as a conductor of sorts to make sure everything is running smoothly and guests are informed since he is the guy with the mic. He has a pleasant voice and is witty, which can come in handy.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Jeana · Married on 10/18/2009

Matt is the best DJ around! He met with us before the wedding and took the time to see what our interests were and how we wanted things to be ran during the ceremony and reception and on the day of the wedding, he stuck to the plan! He even added a few fun surprises and was the perfect coordinator for the day! I would recommmend him to anyone looking to have a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 03/22/2011

Jeffrey/Penny · Married on 02/29/2008

Matt Figueroa provided a superb service for my wife and I, and went out of his way to make sure that we had the best experience possible.

Before the wedding, Matt met with us and threw out a lot of ideas that I frankly never would have thought of in regards to the ceremony, pictures, and reception. We never felt pressured to choose any of his ideas, he was just there to offer us different ways/thoughts of doing things. Of course we talked about the music and we were asked if we had any specific request/dislikes.

The day of the ceremony Matt showed up several hours early, and spoke with the event coordinator to make sure everything went smoothly. He went well above and beyond our expectations when he was there for my wife running last minute errands; As for myself, he showed up several times before the ceremony to check and see if I needed anything. Matt didn't just do this before the ceremony but throughout the entire event.

During the reception Matt kept everything running like a well oiled machine, and made sure the guest stayed involved(He made them want to participate in all the events, even the most reluctant) in all the events from the unity candle, to the dancing to the cake cutting. In short it was a party all ages could enjoy.

On a side note: unfortunately my best man got intoxicated before the wedding and the police had to get involved. Thankfully very, very few of our guest saw or knew about the incident. I mention this because my wife and I were very upset, and I thought our wedding was going to be a complete disaster. That's when Matt stepped in and saved the day and kept the party going in my absence. When I returned Matt got the show back on the road. He took a lemon and made lemonade.

My wife and I would recommend Matt Figueroa to anyone for any event, but especially for weddings. When you hire Matt you get so much more than a DJ, you get a wedding coordinator, MC, personal aid, DJ, and friend.

Sent on 02/06/2009

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2007

Matt Figueroa was our wedding dj and he was amazing. Not only did he play the appropriate music at the appropriate time, he kept everyone at the party involved.

We would hire him again in a second and will refer him to everyone we meet.

Sent on 11/30/2007

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2007

Matthew Figueroa did a fantastic job! He did everything from our ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. We enjoyed the planning process with him, as he was extremely attentive, easy to work with, and had a lot of ideas. When it came to the wedding, he did not let us down. Our guests said it was the best wedding they have been to (and for my large family- that is quite the feat!) and that is owed to Matthew. He kept the party going, knew just when to do things and what to say, and included music for the wide variety of interests. Something else that sold Matthew as a dj for us was his "unlimited hours" of service rate... perfect for our guests who like to dance late into the night. We could not have dreamed of a better dj service!

Sent on 01/21/2008

Kristin · Married on 06/03/2005

We were recommended Matt by 2 different people! We talked with him over the phone and then went to see him just to be sure that we wanted him. We were very impressed and met with him to discuss details! He had a lot of great suggestions and was very responsive to what we wanted as well. He made our reception SO MUCH fun! I still get compliments to this day of how much fun it was! He is very entertaining and very professional. He even wore a tux when DJing! I would recommend him to ANYONE!

Sent on 10/26/2007

Steven · Married on 05/06/2011

Matt did an amazing job at our wedding. Most of our guests stated that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been too. Matt helped everything flow from the time we first met and had some great ideas to make the wedding more special. The father of the bride did a pre-recorded message to ask my wife to the father/daughter dance which was very touching. He also did a great mix of music keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long. We especially enjoyed the wigs later on which appealed to all ages and rejuvinated the dance floor. We loved our wedding and feel that Matt takes a very professional yet fun approach to the wedding. I would highly recommend Matt and Figueroa Disc-Jockey Service to anyone wishing to to a wedding, celebration or party. Most of our guests commented on how great of a job our dj did during and after the wedding.

Sent on 05/12/2011

Marianne · Married on 09/20/2008

AMAZING!!!!

Hire Matt Figueroa! He is the best around!

We got so many compliments on our DJ. He kept the party going with so many creative activities. My favorite part of the reception was the garter toss. Matt blindfolded my now-husband and led him to take the garter belt off my leg. The surprise - it was actually one of Brian's male friends in the chair!!! It was SO FUNNY!!!

Matt always checked in with me during the reception to make sure everything was going the way I wanted. It was PERFECT!

The only reason I give him 4.5 stars for responsiveness is because he was having email and website problems and didn't always get back to me right away. But he was great via phone.

Sent on 09/28/2008
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 04/01/2012

3.0

Matt flew in from AZ to DJ our wedding and was fabulous! He had such a command of the event and really helped create the mood and feel we wanted for our special day. He was a little slow in getting back to us on occasion however, had lots of fun ideas to offer and really nailed the music. He was entertaining at the wedding without over shining the bride and groom. He keep things moving along perfectly, and made the day stress fee for the couple and their families. He also made all of his travel arrangements and directed all his questions directly to the venue vendor.

Sent on 04/22/2012
  • soontobemrsN

Rachel · Married on 05/20/2017

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

We had a ton of fun at our wedding and heard that the music selection was great from all our guests so I cannot complain but there were a few odd things we didn't expect when we hired Matt to DJ our wedding. For the amount of money we spent we were happy and felt that he did a good job. We loved the music he played during our wedding but felt that he was playing some clubby/after 10 PM music a little too early in the night. He was very evidently playing to the crowd of our young friends dancing but it made it so that a lot of the older guests at our wedding did not dance very much. However, a majority of the music was well liked by our guests and we had a ton of fun dancing all night. Another odd thing was that he stood up on a chair in the middle of the dance floor and acapella started singing a song with our names in it which we found odd and kind of ruined the dancing vibe. One more thing I actually didn't notice until we got our wedding video back is that he pronounced my first name wrong when introducing us and said Rochelle instead of Rachel. Another thing we didn't like is that he, without asking us, took our chairs from our sweetheart table so that we had to stand during the speeches and dances, which caused us to not be able to eat very much of our dinner. All in all, he did play good music and everyone had a really good time but there were definitely a few things we would have changed.

Sent on 10/03/2017