Faith Like A Mustard Seed Farm Reviews

Rating 4.5 out of 5, 8 Reviews
View more information

• Maria
    Maria S. Married on 09/04/2021

Dream wedding venue! A hidden gem!

Booking Faith Like a Mustard Seed Farm was the best decision we made for our wedding! The farm is so beautiful, and Karl and Patricia seem to be constantly making improvements. We loved it when we booked it, and everything was even more gorgeous by our wedding day! We had to reschedule (twice) due to Covid, but Patricia was so flexible and we had no issues moving the date multiple times. I heard lots of horror stories from other Covid brides trying to reschedule at their venues, but we were so so lucky to be able to work with the FLAM team.
    The catering provided by FLAM was incredible. The food was so delicious (we went with the barbecue buffet option), and the setup and service was perfection. Our guests could not stop talking about the food! Everyone ate so much and gave us rave reviews all night. The mini cornbread muffins were a HUGE hit, and Patricia even had one of her severs bring a tray of (incredible) crab cakes to my husband and I while we were taking photos after the ceremony so we wouldn't miss out!
    Finally, Patricia was such an amazing day of coordinator. We dropped off all of our decorations the night of the rehearsal and I did my best to explain to Patricia the vision I had in mind, but I don't have a great eye for decor or events! Throughout the wedding day while I was getting ready, Patricia would pop into the bridal suite to show me photos of the setup to make sure everything looked how I wanted. I can't even explain how blown away I was with what Patricia did. The reception space looked even more beautiful than I could have imagined it, and she took every idea my husband and I had for the wedding and just ran with it and made it amazing.
    I could cannot say enough good things about FLAM and I highly recommend booking them for your venue and catering!!

Faith Like A Mustard Seed Farm's reply:

Maria, thank you so much for your positive review, and for choosing us to host, caterer, and be Day of Coordinator for your beautiful wedding. We feel that COVID and weddings were a "lost and found".
    For we did lose many original wedding dates but found a much deeper closeness with our couples because of it. We loved your wedding vision and were so pleased to put it all together on a perfect fall day. Tyler was such a joy to be around and we were so grateful for the opportunity to share your wedding day with you. Wishing you all the best, and looking forward to seeing you again soon.
    Cheers,
    Patricia
  • Keri
    Keri Married on 06/05/2021

The best decision when planning our wedding.

Patricia and Karl were absolutely amazing. From start to finish in planning our wedding Patricia was very attentive and guided us in this entire process. Faith like a mustard seed farm is an absolutely gorgeous venue with unique character and amazing food! Patricia and Karl makes you honestly feel like family. The fact that she was our day of coordinator and that everything was included (table, settings, etc) made everything SO MUCH EASIER. We could not be happier and relieved that we chose them for our special occasion. They truly made our wedding special and an amazing day that we will never forget.
    Mc Nguyen Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect rustic chic wedding

From the very first time we visited FLAMS and met Karl and Patricia, we knew it would be an amazing venue. Price wise it was very reasonable and they were so flexible. We had a few special requests and they were happy to help us figure out ways to accommodate all the things we wanted. The cocktail hour space worked perfectly where our guests could eat and drink while we did beautiful portraits in the field. The barn was a beautiful reception space. Our friends loved the food, loved the dancing space and loved all the various animals on the farm! Overall, it was an amazing day and it felt like Patricia and Karl really did care about us as more than clients. Would highly recommend to anyone!
    Jennifer Married on 09/29/2018
    We loved our 9/29/18 wedding at Faith Like a Mustard Seed Farm. Karl and Patricia are a wonderful couple! The barn was sweet and lovely-a great place to get married. Our catering consultation was so much fun--and we were blown away by the food! On our wedding day, they made sure that we got a taste of the wine and charcuterie being served during cocktail hour while we were taking pictures. I've heard so many brides say that they never got to eat during the reception--trust me, you will not have that problem if your wedding is here! The food was phenomenal, and our guests loved it as well.
    Kathy Married on 06/06/2015
    My husband and I were parents of the bride. We chose this B and B for our base for the wedding weekend. We used the Great Room on the first floor of the B and B cottage as a staging area for the bridesmaids. For the day of the wedding it was a perfect venue for the 6 best friends and mothers of the bride and groom to assemble, chat, dress, snack, open gifts… a hair and make-up stylist worked easily in this space. Our daughter enjoyed a long run in the countryside; I toured the wonderful farm kitchen where Patricia cooks and teaches. We also had free run of the working farm… I brought mirrors, rugs and flowers to make the space festive. The morning after the wedding we hosted an awesome breakfast in the Farm Store. The crowd of nearly 80 fortunately was staggered in attendance and we used the indoor "cafe" and outdoor porch space. We enjoyed fresh juices, sausage from the farm that Karl smoked on his Big Green Egg and homemade biscuits (baked by Patricia), and the best "pour over coffee" I have ever tasted! (Oh that cream). My sisters brought home-made jams to complete the simple spread. Many guests bought meat, jam, products from the farm stand. The service was great, the venue charming, and we enjoyed Patricia, Karl and their daughter.
    Angela Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful venue, small kinks

5 stars for Patricia and Karl and Lauren, the venue, ambiance and overall amazing time we had at our wedding this past September! So sad to say this, but I can only give 3.5 stars for the food. The food tasting a few months before the wedding was delicious! However, the tastiest thing we tried during the food tasting (wheatberry salad) came out very crunchy the night of the wedding. After letting Patricia know, she realized it must be because she changed vendors recently. The other part that they are working on is food management for the buffet. Our food was a bit on the colder side, so I think Patricia is working on getting some burners to keep things warm as they serve. One more suggestion would be to maybe have two buffet stations (I would have paid extra for this!) so that a guest list of 100-150 won't have to wait so long. They did make up for some of this by throwing in a yummy pork option the day of wedding. The meats, carrots, and potatoes were all well seasoned!

Generally, I had a lot of fun planning for my wedding as Patricia is so easy going and accommodating. It is such a great venue!
  • User2424019 2+ years ago
    Faith Like A Mustard Seed Farm is a rustic, casual venue on a working farm. If you want a rustic, barn theme this is your venue! The food was fabulous!! We had our Rehearsal dinner the weekend of the worst rain imaginable but the food - 3 types of farm raised heritage pork, fabulous homemade mac-n-cheese, baked beans & hot apple cider - kept us warm. While there are minimal amenities, they are willing to work with you on what they will provide. Faith Like A Mustard Seed Farm was exactly what the bride & groom wanted to round out their vision of their weekend.
  • Tara
    Tara Married on 09/21/2019

Gorgeous venue. But lots of issues.

We were wed on September 21, 2019 at FLAMS Farm. Before I get started on my full review, I did want to say the venue was gorgeous and it all did come together in the end. If I could change one thing about our wedding day though, it would have been our day-of coordinator. Unfortunately, the day-of coordinator is also the owner (Patricia). She told me I could tip her, I just haven't been able to recover well from that.

We did not use their caterer as they already had a wedding booked for Sunday, and to ensure the quality of the catering coming from their business, they were not comfortable catering two weddings in one weekend. This worked out well for us because we already booked our caterer.

We felt the owners were often on different pages, with one telling us one thing while the other is telling us something else. This was frustrating. Each individual topic felt like it was always discussed 3 times over. But then the topic would still manage to be forgotten. We had to discuss many things more than once in order to make sure it was in the itinerary.

We felt Patricia was unable to handle the workload of all of the weddings they were hosting. I think this venue would be significantly improved if they would hire outside help. I can't blame her, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle 20 weddings a year, especially with more than one a weekend. But it's not my job, it is hers, so I do feel the need to honestly review what we paid for.

I'm sure this isn't entirely unusual, but this venue also charged for every tiny little detail: tables, chairs, bonfire, hay ride, generator, drapes, bartender, ice... all extra.

They were to be responsible for setting up the ceremony site, but around 3:00 (ceremony started at 4:00), nothing was done. We had an issue with the florist, caterer, and Patricia all knowing their roles in setting up the reception. I wasn't there, so I do not know exactly what happened, but I do know I felt stressed, unsupported, and frustrated. I just wanted someone to forget their pride or their paycheck and say "Let's just get it done!" Maybe that's naive. My bridesmaids ended up finding my decor list and running the show, to make sure everything was set up, including the ceremony site.

My family was also responsible for packing up all decor THAT night and taking it with them immediately. My family didn't get home until 1:30AM because FLAMS was unable to offer space to keep our decor until the AM because there was a wedding the next day.

When I called Patricia days later to give her feedback, I felt I was being talked over. I heard a lot of excuses. She placed blame on my parents, the other vendors, and ME for not getting the job done. In the end, I paid her a lot of money. All I wanted was to feel supported. She is my day-of coordinator, I expected her to be the glue that brought it all together. This just didn't quite happen.

After our wedding weekend, they also decided they would not be hosting two weddings in one weekend again. I am frustrated it was our wedding weekend that brought them to this decision. I would have much appreciated being the only wedding that weekend, and we definitely experienced issues and shortcomings because we weren't the only wedding that weekend.

In the end, our wedding day was gorgeous. We had a ton of fun. But I'm still in shock over all of the problems that occurred. I felt I was SO organized, so I'm unsure how these issues could have been avoided.