Exquisite Events and Consulting Reviews

64 | Fletcher, NC

64 Reviews for Exquisite Events and Consulting

64 Exquisite Events and Consulting Reviews

Kristie · Married on 09/01/2018

Lisa McMillan was the best decision and investment we made regarding our wedding.

Exquisite Events and Consulting 1
    Exquisite Events and Consulting 2

Kailey · Married on 08/25/2018

Lisa is the best of the best! I would highly recommend her.

Leah · Married on 07/28/2018

BEST MONEY WE SPENT ON OUR WEDDING! Lisa is a seasoned expert, a calming presence, and affordable to boot. We knew we wanted a day-of coordinator, but were not sold on the idea of a full-time planner. Since we live up by Chicago and were doing a destination wedding in NC, I decided I could use the help. I can't explain how grateful I am that we decided to hire her, but I'll try.

First of all, she selected vendors that she had worked with before and trusted. She was a team leader of a well-oiled machine. Every single vendor she found for us was amazing. After trying to find my own dessert vendor and have two disaster tastings during our only trip down to NC (and therefore our only chance), she quickly found us the perfect two dessert vendors (bakery and ice cream) that were under budget.

This brings me to my second point - Lisa always had my back. Whenever I got stressed, she was my rock. When I got too ambitious thinking I could DYI the whole wedding, she talked me off the ledge. She kept everything moving and was always ten steps ahead.

Lastly, no matter how much preparing you do, nothing will prepare you for how fast your wedding day goes by. I was able to soak in the moments and not worry about the timeline or the decorations or anything else because I knew Lisa had it covered! Its the most important day of your life, and investing in Lisa to make that day go off without a hitch is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Exquisite Events and Consulting 3
    Exquisite Events and Consulting 4

Carmicah · Married on 06/30/2018

One word about Exquisite Events and Consulting- AMAZING!! Your wedding day and wedding experience will shine above the rest! Absolutely organized, professional, and they know how to anticipate your needs. From the wedding day, bridal shower, bridal portrait session they are there when you call and SUPERB!!

Exquisite Events and Consulting 5
    Exquisite Events and Consulting 6
    Exquisite Events and Consulting 7

Jaime · Married on 05/26/2018

I absolutey LOVED working with Lisa at Exquisite Events. We hired her to do "day-of-wedding coordination" and she went well above and beyond to make sure she fully understood what I wanted for my wedding, without me having to stress about the details on the big day! It made a world of difference and I can't imagine what would've been left undone without her!! :) We had several phone calls leading up to the wedding (I don't live in Asheville) and she helped me immensely. Seriously - Lisa is the best!!!!

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2018

Lisa was more than amazing. From the initial phone call to the reception day of, the service was incredible. She and her team kept our wedding day stress-free. Our wedding was a dream come true and we thank Lisa for being a huge part in making that happen! Thank you Lisa! - Nicole & Danny

Darin · Married on 10/21/2017

I've rewritten this review a number of times trying to find the right words that describe how valuable Lisa was to my wife and I as we prepared for our wedding but it's very difficult to express the importance of the role she played and impact she had.

We met Lisa and within 5 minutes we knew that we weren't going to be hiring a wedding planner but instead we would be getting a teammate that could not only listen to us but understand that WE had a vision for our wedding and not everything was going to be typical. Lisa not only embraced our vision but she also helped us take abstract ideas and make them actualities which I'm not sure we could have accomplished on our own, an example is our photographer. We had researched tons of photographers and were satisfied but not impressed but after telling Lisa the type of shots we wanted she connected us with exactly the artist we were looking for. I imagine most wedding planners can work with vendors, forward contracts and such but Lisa did so much more. She negotiated the details on our behalf, ensured vendors followed through on their commitments and helped to make the entire day of our wedding run smoothly.
    A wedding day is all about details, lots and lots of details that quite frankly can be overwhelming. We didn't want to have to consider details which is why we hired Lisa and we got all we expected and more. In fact, my wife and I laugh about how often we hear our friends and family tell us about how much they loved Lisa, followed by a story.

I can't recommend Lisa from Exquisite Events And Consulting enough. We hired a wedding planner and got a friend and teammate, one of the best decisions we made.

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2017

From a day-of coordinator to a full-service wedding planner, Lisa is a top-notch professional who I recommend without hesitation. She brings with her a well-honed, detail-oriented service, and along with that comes warmth, enthusiasm, and an open mind. I am someone who thinks she can do it all and do it all with unique, personal twists, and I can! However, without Lisa there along the way to gently guide me in the right direction, ask the right questions of myself or others, or double-check my plans, our wedding would not have been as seamless as it was. Lisa and her team provided absolute peace of mind on our wedding day so that I could fully enjoy the day that we had been planning for so long. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You rock!

Jaclyn · Married on 09/09/2017

Lisa is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! We had most of our wedding planned prior to meeting Lisa, but brought her in as our day of planner -
    BEST DECISION WE MADE. Lisa made herself completely available to us during our wedding, and all the months before as well. Each time we met, she kept us on track and kept everything organized for our big day. My husband and I have huge families - including our two puppies who were our flower girls at the wedding - and Lisa managed to keep everyone in the loop with what they needed to know, where they needed to be, etc. Our vendors all loved working with her, and she truly kept our minds at ease on a day that was just as fun and memorable as it was hectic. I can't say enough great things about Lisa! She was such a blessing to us!

Aleksa · Married on 07/15/2017

From the start of our discussions regarding her services to the last song of the night during the reception, Lisa was an absolute joy to work with. Her reassurance that every aspect of the wedding planning from start to finish was in good hands and she was right. She took control of dealings with vendors and venues and everything in between. Lisa made every potentially stressful situation, stress free. We cannot recommend Lisa highly enough. We love her!

Becky · Married on 04/15/2017

Lisa was fabulous and I would highly recommend her. She is extremely detail oriented and always will to talk through something with you. I was not stressed, not one ounce, on my wedding day because I knew if anything happened- she'd take care of it!

Tina · Married on 12/17/2016

Lisa was wonderful at my daughter's wedding on December 17,2016 at Homewood in Asheville, NC. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone I felt my stress level go way down. She is very professional and makes sure everything goes smoothly throughout the entire evening. My family and guest couldn't say enough great things about her on the day of the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Kelly · Married on 11/12/2016

I don't know what i would've done without Lisa! She was a great help with the final touches and ensuring everything was executed perfectly. I live over 4 hours away from Asheville and planning a destination wedding can be stressful but Lisa helped alleviate that stress completely! She was very professional, easy to talk to, and very responsive with any questions my husband and I had. I highly recommend hiring a wedding coordinator when planning AND executing your special day...and if you're in the Asheville area Exquisite Events and Consulting is hands down the best to work with! I would recommend Lisa and her team in a heartbeat.

Paige · Married on 11/05/2016

For my wedding, my family convinced me to utilize the day-of coordinating of Lisa at Exquisite Events and Consulting and I am overjoyed that I did! Lisa was encouraging, a great coach in my corner as I made decisions leading up to the day of the event, and was energetic and positive! As I provided many DIY components to the wedding, Lisa was front and center to make sure my vision was fulfilled and that the flow of the day was on-time and flowed successfully. Not one guest approached me with any questions or concerns! At one point during the night my now-husband noted that he saw Lisa wiping something off the wall and she was doing it with a smile--we both laugh about the probable things that went "wrong" during our event that Lisa handled with grace and ease, problems we never found out about! We're so pleased we can look back on a stress-free wedding day because of Lisa's work. The value of what she offers, so the amount of work for the cost, is amazing--I highly recommend you take advantage of her services!

Michael · Married on 10/16/2016

Lisa was amazing and a pleasure to work with. She was always very responsive and kept good communication throughout the wedding planning process even though we only used her "day-of" coordinator services. On our wedding day, she made sure everything went on without a hitch. There was even a moment we were missing a prop for our unity ceremony and she immediately sprinted back to make sure it was ready and everything went smoothly. We highly recommend Lisa for any and all wedding planning services you need!

Beth · Married on 10/14/2016

Lisa was truly amazing and professional. We planned an out of state wedding at the Biltmore, and couldn't
    have pulled it off without Lisa's help. She is very detailed oriented, focused and very professional. From
    e-mails with me and my daughter, to coordinating the venue and all the vendors, her expertise was priceless.
    I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning an event in the area!

Carol · Married on 09/24/2016

Lisa did an outstanding job for our event. It was a joy working with Lisa. She is truly gifted with her ability keep everyone calm and cared for. Her attention to detail was so helpful. She was so cheerful and a very positive throughout the entire process. My family and guests were impressed by her and they all just loved her. I cannot imagine the day without her. I highly recommend Lisa,and I would hire her in the future, should #2 daughter get married in the Asheville area.

Shea · Married on 09/24/2016

Oh man, I cannot imagine my wedding without Lisa. We hired her as day-of coordinator for my wedding; Mom and I were doing the wedding planning ourselves and she was the perfect fit. She kept track of all our contracts and a running checklist in the lead up to the event and was comprehensive and thorough about everything we might have otherwise forgotten. Her vendor recommendations were spot-on and the people she told us about that we never would have otherwise found (photographer etc) were the absolute best and her advice never steered us wrong. Mom and I had lots of big and weird ideas that sometimes were in conflict and Lisa's positivity and experience guided us to some really wonderful solutions (with just maybe three phone meetings before the event. She has it together).

Honestly I'd have trusted Lisa to perform an emergency appendectomy on The Big Day if the need arose. She had everything in line so effectively that we had no emergencies (to my knowledge, anyway, because she probably had a force field in place to keep me from experiencing any stress) but if we had, she's basically made of safety pins and scissors so it would have been handled easily. The whole bridal party adored her.

The best thing about Lisa was that while her expertise and experience was obvious, she treated the event and the planning with the same enthusiasm and reverence that we did and really made us feel special, supported, and confident. It wasn't just another day at the office for her, and she paid attention to and appreciated all our little details and needs. Ours wasn't a traditional wedding, but she rolled with everything and I'm sure knows the traditional side expertly too.

Lisa's the best! The day was nothing but magic for me and I'm usually a bit of a wreck about everything. Wish I could give her more stars. It was perfect.

Nevada · Married on 08/07/2016

I could not have asked for more in a wedding Coordinator . We used Exquisite Events "Day of" services but Lisa was available for questions, comments and advice from the time I booked her about 6 months prior. The fee was a drop in the bucket and even more so when I think about the peace of mind she provided in such an organized and professional manner. The teenaged bridesmaids in my wedding raved about how organized and how easy going our rehearsal went. Lisa was friendly and relatable yet professional all at the same time. She worked well under pressure! She handled the guest, the wedding attendants and me, the Bride while making decisions on how to proceed when it began to rain on my outdoor wedding! Her outward expression of calm and control of this very stressful situation allowed our wedding and reception to be all and more.than we could have asked.
    Exquisite Events is a very affordable and efficient way to go for your party planning!

Molly · Married on 06/04/2016

One of the best investments we made when planning our wedding was hiring Lisa to be our day-of coordinator! Lisa went above and beyond to help us get everything organized and planned for the whole wedding day - down to the minute! She was incredibly professional, flexible, and kind. She was extremely responsive via email and worked very well with all of our vendors. Lisa comes at my highest recommendation!

Casi · Married on 02/26/2016

There are so many great things to say about Exquisite Events and Consulting I'm not even sure where to start. Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very beginning her professionalism and her genuine interest and investment in making our wedding perfect exceeded all expectations. Lisa was always very responsive and always listened to our ideas before jumping into action. The day of the wedding Lisa made sure everything went exactly as I had wanted, so much so that at times I forgot she was even there! She made it seem as though everything was perfect when I know she was working her tail off behind the scenes. She even went above and beyond and stayed at the reception until really late to see every guest had made it out. Our decision to hire Lisa as our wedding coordinator was hands down one of the best investments we made in our wedding. I would highly recommend using Lisa to any bride out there!!

Hiring Lisa as my month-of coordinator was a decision I never questioned for a second – before, during, or after the wedding. I've worked in the wedding industry and knew that a) no bride wants to be managing details or logistics on her wedding day and b) I would be laid-back about some things and particular about other things. Lisa was so professional, SO on top of it, and so prompt and clear in all of our communications that I had 100% confidence throughout the process that the wedding day would go so smoothly. She handled snags during the reception that I never even knew about, and there were several thoughtful touches (like sending us with a goodie bag of food, cake and wine at the end of the night) that were totally above and beyond. We adore Lisa!

Kristen · Married on 11/14/2015

There are no words to adequately describe the talent, tact, professionalism, organization, attention to detail, and overall awesomeness embodied by Lisa McMillan. Lisa provided so much more than day-of coordination for my wedding, including but not limited to, peace of mind and thoughtful guidance as I planned my ceremony and reception in less than three months. She thinks of everything, communicates clearly, remembers everyone's name, smoothes the snafus, and has a wonderful attitude and presence. Lisa is trustworthy, effective, and genuine in all that she does.

Carolyn · Married on 10/11/2015

What would we have done without Lisa?? Originally, we thought that we could plan our wedding by ourselves but when it came down to the small details, we really needed the extra help. Even though we hired Lisa as a day-of coordinator, she was really with us the full 2-months prior (when I booked her). She promptly responded to all of my emails and phonecalls prior to the wedding and gave us a ton of helpful hints to make our day that much more special. When I finally met Lisa in person at the rehearsal, she was professional, efficient, kept our wedding party in line, yet made it so much FUN!

There was a time right before the actual wedding when I started to get emotional and nervous and my bridesmaids were trying to calm me down. All of a sudden, Lisa came running into the bridal suite yelling, "IT'S YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!!" which caused all of my bridesmaids and I to start jumping up and down laughing and spilling water and champagne everywhere! She completely broke the tension.

I highly recommend Lisa for any type of event. If you want someone who is professional, responsive, efficient, and has a great personality, Lisa is your go to woman! Our wedding was AMAZING and we have Lisa to thank for helping us to shape it into being the best day of our lives thus far!

Selena · Married on 10/10/2015

I couldn't have had such a perfect wedding without Lisa! She is a god send! Very attentive and detail oriented; my wedding turned out even better than I had envisioned!