58 Reviews for Exquisite Events and Consulting

Day-Of Coord. (1)
Timelines (1)
Religious (1)
58 Exquisite Events and Consulting Reviews

I've rewritten this review a number of times trying to find the right words that describe how valuable Lisa was to my wife and I as we prepared for our wedding but it's very difficult to express the importance of the role she played and impact she had.

We met Lisa and within 5 minutes we knew that we weren't going to be hiring a wedding planner but instead we would be getting a teammate that could not only listen to us but understand that WE had a vision for our wedding and not everything was going to be typical. Lisa not only embraced our vision but she also helped us take abstract ideas and make them actualities which I'm not sure we could have accomplished on our own, an example is our photographer. We had researched tons of photographers and were satisfied but not impressed but after telling Lisa the type of shots we wanted she connected us with exactly the artist we were looking for. I imagine most wedding planners can work with vendors, forward contracts and such but Lisa did so much more. She negotiated the details on our behalf, ensured vendors followed through on their commitments and helped to make the entire day of our wedding run smoothly.
A wedding day is all about details, lots and lots of details that quite frankly can be overwhelming. We didn't want to have to consider details which is why we hired Lisa and we got all we expected and more. In fact, my wife and I laugh about how often we hear our friends and family tell us about how much they loved Lisa, followed by a story.

I can't recommend Lisa from Exquisite Events And Consulting enough. We hired a wedding planner and got a friend and teammate, one of the best decisions we made.

Profile Picture Darin, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From a day-of coordinator to a full-service wedding planner, Lisa is a top-notch professional who I recommend without hesitation. She brings with her a well-honed, detail-oriented service, and along with that comes warmth, enthusiasm, and an open mind. I am someone who thinks she can do it all and do it all with unique, personal twists, and I can! However, without Lisa there along the way to gently guide me in the right direction, ask the right questions of myself or others, or double-check my plans, our wedding would not have been as seamless as it was. Lisa and her team provided absolute peace of mind on our wedding day so that I could fully enjoy the day that we had been planning for so long. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You rock!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! We had most of our wedding planned prior to meeting Lisa, but brought her in as our day of planner -
BEST DECISION WE MADE. Lisa made herself completely available to us during our wedding, and all the months before as well. Each time we met, she kept us on track and kept everything organized for our big day. My husband and I have huge families - including our two puppies who were our flower girls at the wedding - and Lisa managed to keep everyone in the loop with what they needed to know, where they needed to be, etc. Our vendors all loved working with her, and she truly kept our minds at ease on a day that was just as fun and memorable as it was hectic. I can't say enough great things about Lisa! She was such a blessing to us!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

From the start of our discussions regarding her services to the last song of the night during the reception, Lisa was an absolute joy to work with. Her reassurance that every aspect of the wedding planning from start to finish was in good hands and she was right. She took control of dealings with vendors and venues and everything in between. Lisa made every potentially stressful situation, stress free. We cannot recommend Lisa highly enough. We love her!

Profile Picture Aleksa, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was fabulous and I would highly recommend her. She is extremely detail oriented and always will to talk through something with you. I was not stressed, not one ounce, on my wedding day because I knew if anything happened- she'd take care of it!

Profile Picture Becky, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was wonderful at my daughter's wedding on December 17,2016 at Homewood in Asheville, NC. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone I felt my stress level go way down. She is very professional and makes sure everything goes smoothly throughout the entire evening. My family and guest couldn't say enough great things about her on the day of the wedding. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Tina, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I don't know what i would've done without Lisa! She was a great help with the final touches and ensuring everything was executed perfectly. I live over 4 hours away from Asheville and planning a destination wedding can be stressful but Lisa helped alleviate that stress completely! She was very professional, easy to talk to, and very responsive with any questions my husband and I had. I highly recommend hiring a wedding coordinator when planning AND executing your special day...and if you're in the Asheville area Exquisite Events and Consulting is hands down the best to work with! I would recommend Lisa and her team in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

For my wedding, my family convinced me to utilize the day-of coordinating of Lisa at Exquisite Events and Consulting and I am overjoyed that I did! Lisa was encouraging, a great coach in my corner as I made decisions leading up to the day of the event, and was energetic and positive! As I provided many DIY components to the wedding, Lisa was front and center to make sure my vision was fulfilled and that the flow of the day was on-time and flowed successfully. Not one guest approached me with any questions or concerns! At one point during the night my now-husband noted that he saw Lisa wiping something off the wall and she was doing it with a smile--we both laugh about the probable things that went "wrong" during our event that Lisa handled with grace and ease, problems we never found out about! We're so pleased we can look back on a stress-free wedding day because of Lisa's work. The value of what she offers, so the amount of work for the cost, is amazing--I highly recommend you take advantage of her services!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was amazing and a pleasure to work with. She was always very responsive and kept good communication throughout the wedding planning process even though we only used her "day-of" coordinator services. On our wedding day, she made sure everything went on without a hitch. There was even a moment we were missing a prop for our unity ceremony and she immediately sprinted back to make sure it was ready and everything went smoothly. We highly recommend Lisa for any and all wedding planning services you need!

Profile Picture Michael, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was truly amazing and professional. We planned an out of state wedding at the Biltmore, and couldn't
have pulled it off without Lisa's help. She is very detailed oriented, focused and very professional. From
e-mails with me and my daughter, to coordinating the venue and all the vendors, her expertise was priceless.
I would highly recommend her services to anyone planning an event in the area!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa did an outstanding job for our event. It was a joy working with Lisa. She is truly gifted with her ability keep everyone calm and cared for. Her attention to detail was so helpful. She was so cheerful and a very positive throughout the entire process. My family and guests were impressed by her and they all just loved her. I cannot imagine the day without her. I highly recommend Lisa,and I would hire her in the future, should #2 daughter get married in the Asheville area.

Profile Picture Carol, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Oh man, I cannot imagine my wedding without Lisa. We hired her as day-of coordinator for my wedding; Mom and I were doing the wedding planning ourselves and she was the perfect fit. She kept track of all our contracts and a running checklist in the lead up to the event and was comprehensive and thorough about everything we might have otherwise forgotten. Her vendor recommendations were spot-on and the people she told us about that we never would have otherwise found (photographer etc) were the absolute best and her advice never steered us wrong. Mom and I had lots of big and weird ideas that sometimes were in conflict and Lisa's positivity and experience guided us to some really wonderful solutions (with just maybe three phone meetings before the event. She has it together).

Honestly I'd have trusted Lisa to perform an emergency appendectomy on The Big Day if the need arose. She had everything in line so effectively that we had no emergencies (to my knowledge, anyway, because she probably had a force field in place to keep me from experiencing any stress) but if we had, she's basically made of safety pins and scissors so it would have been handled easily. The whole bridal party adored her.

The best thing about Lisa was that while her expertise and experience was obvious, she treated the event and the planning with the same enthusiasm and reverence that we did and really made us feel special, supported, and confident. It wasn't just another day at the office for her, and she paid attention to and appreciated all our little details and needs. Ours wasn't a traditional wedding, but she rolled with everything and I'm sure knows the traditional side expertly too.

Lisa's the best! The day was nothing but magic for me and I'm usually a bit of a wreck about everything. Wish I could give her more stars. It was perfect.

Profile Picture Shea, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have asked for more in a wedding Coordinator . We used Exquisite Events "Day of" services but Lisa was available for questions, comments and advice from the time I booked her about 6 months prior. The fee was a drop in the bucket and even more so when I think about the peace of mind she provided in such an organized and professional manner. The teenaged bridesmaids in my wedding raved about how organized and how easy going our rehearsal went. Lisa was friendly and relatable yet professional all at the same time. She worked well under pressure! She handled the guest, the wedding attendants and me, the Bride while making decisions on how to proceed when it began to rain on my outdoor wedding! Her outward expression of calm and control of this very stressful situation allowed our wedding and reception to be all and more.than we could have asked.
Exquisite Events is a very affordable and efficient way to go for your party planning!

Profile Picture Nevada, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

One of the best investments we made when planning our wedding was hiring Lisa to be our day-of coordinator! Lisa went above and beyond to help us get everything organized and planned for the whole wedding day - down to the minute! She was incredibly professional, flexible, and kind. She was extremely responsive via email and worked very well with all of our vendors. Lisa comes at my highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Molly, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Enthusiasm is the word! Lisa is so positive and enthusiastic along with the gifts of administrative and organizational skills that makes her a great wedding planner. I see a lot of them and she stands out! Lisa is indeed A+.

Profile Picture Jim, 5/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There are so many great things to say about Exquisite Events and Consulting I'm not even sure where to start. Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with. From the very beginning her professionalism and her genuine interest and investment in making our wedding perfect exceeded all expectations. Lisa was always very responsive and always listened to our ideas before jumping into action. The day of the wedding Lisa made sure everything went exactly as I had wanted, so much so that at times I forgot she was even there! She made it seem as though everything was perfect when I know she was working her tail off behind the scenes. She even went above and beyond and stayed at the reception until really late to see every guest had made it out. Our decision to hire Lisa as our wedding coordinator was hands down one of the best investments we made in our wedding. I would highly recommend using Lisa to any bride out there!!

Profile Picture Casi, 2/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Lisa as my month-of coordinator was a decision I never questioned for a second – before, during, or after the wedding. I've worked in the wedding industry and knew that a) no bride wants to be managing details or logistics on her wedding day and b) I would be laid-back about some things and particular about other things. Lisa was so professional, SO on top of it, and so prompt and clear in all of our communications that I had 100% confidence throughout the process that the wedding day would go so smoothly. She handled snags during the reception that I never even knew about, and there were several thoughtful touches (like sending us with a goodie bag of food, cake and wine at the end of the night) that were totally above and beyond. We adore Lisa!

Profile Picture Cristina, 1/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

There are no words to adequately describe the talent, tact, professionalism, organization, attention to detail, and overall awesomeness embodied by Lisa McMillan. Lisa provided so much more than day-of coordination for my wedding, including but not limited to, peace of mind and thoughtful guidance as I planned my ceremony and reception in less than three months. She thinks of everything, communicates clearly, remembers everyone's name, smoothes the snafus, and has a wonderful attitude and presence. Lisa is trustworthy, effective, and genuine in all that she does.

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

What would we have done without Lisa?? Originally, we thought that we could plan our wedding by ourselves but when it came down to the small details, we really needed the extra help. Even though we hired Lisa as a day-of coordinator, she was really with us the full 2-months prior (when I booked her). She promptly responded to all of my emails and phonecalls prior to the wedding and gave us a ton of helpful hints to make our day that much more special. When I finally met Lisa in person at the rehearsal, she was professional, efficient, kept our wedding party in line, yet made it so much FUN!

There was a time right before the actual wedding when I started to get emotional and nervous and my bridesmaids were trying to calm me down. All of a sudden, Lisa came running into the bridal suite yelling, "IT'S YOUR WEDDING DAY!!!!" which caused all of my bridesmaids and I to start jumping up and down laughing and spilling water and champagne everywhere! She completely broke the tension.

I highly recommend Lisa for any type of event. If you want someone who is professional, responsive, efficient, and has a great personality, Lisa is your go to woman! Our wedding was AMAZING and we have Lisa to thank for helping us to shape it into being the best day of our lives thus far!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I couldn't have had such a perfect wedding without Lisa! She is a god send! Very attentive and detail oriented; my wedding turned out even better than I had envisioned!

Profile Picture Selena, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was phenomenal, so helpful and constructive with great ideas. The only issue I had was that she never sent out the final updated version of the day of itinerary which caused some confusion for the photographer. The day still went by very smoothly and overall I could not be happier with her!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We decided to hire Lisa as our day of coordinator based on the glowing reviews she received on this website, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. She sat down with us twice prior to the big day to make sure that we had hired, talked to, and thought of everything that we needed to get ready, which of course we had not, and then she took it from there. After our final meeting (about a month before the wedding) we gave her the contracts and contact information for all the vendors and we were able to just enjoy our party. She kept all the other vendors on time and on point, helped keep people organized for pictures, and just made sure everything was happening when it was supposed to be happening. The most impressive part was the way she did, with a big smile and positive attitude the entire time. After the wedding at least 20 people have told me how great she was and that they wish they had a coordinator like her at their own wedding. I don't know how she does what she does, but she was easily worth 5x what we paid her.

Profile Picture Nick and Victoria, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We don't even know how to begin explaining what a joy Lisa, of Exquisite Events & Consulting, was to work with. From the moment we met her, we felt so confident that our wedding day would run smoothly in her hands.

Lisa started working with us one month out from the wedding day and coordinated with each of our vendors so we didn't have to worry or think about it.

We have so many talented friends in the entertainment industry that we asked to be part of our day and Lisa worked with each of them to ensure they knew where to be and at what time. She made sure the whole day was seamless.

On the day of the wedding, Lisa anticipated every need we may have had, so much so that at the end of the night, I told my sister either they were hiding everything from me or the night had unfolded without a hitch. It was all thanks to Lisa's behind the scenes work that the night felt like a wonderful dream.

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/6/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lisa was so incredibly wonderful. Our day would not have come together if it were not for her. She was flexible and understanding when there were different opinions and helped us think through tough things that I never would have thought of! She was incredibly thorough and fun and really was just so lovely. Already recommending her to others in the Asheville area who are nearing the engagement time.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As mother of the bride, I was able to truly enjoy our day. Lisa "took the wheel" and I just enjoyed the ride!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/19/15, 1 Review