Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist Reviews

3.0
      2.0
      1.0
      3.0

I book this florist despite reading about how pushing he can be to get his money. I gave this man almost 2000 deposit, 2 weeks before my weeding he stress the hell out of me for the remaining balance. I said to him, my wallet was stolen and my credit cards and my debit were compromise, more than 2000 was stolen so the bank cancelled my cards. This man show no understanding, he said he wanted his money. He called me many times then emailed me called my fiance many times. Mind you he has my deposit it's not like I am not going to pay you, I am just going through something right now the cards will be mail to be by tomorrow so I will pay u, he didn't want to wait for tomorrow. honestly base on his behavior I was waiting to be blown away by Teddy arrangement but I end up hating my sweetheart table flowers, you could barely tell that there were flowers on the table, that's how small it was. A few of the arrangement was missing crystals drop that I payed for. I honestly think that he over charge me for some stuff because he kept changing the price for the center pieces. Also the arrangement for the groomsmen were the worst, all the roses fell apart before the ceremony was even over. At the end he let me borrow 2 chairs and requested of me to give him 5 stars so he can win an award. I wonder if he did the same for other ppl who give him 5stars??. Anyway If you are ready to deal with florist stress on top of other stress that you have to go through during your Wedding process. Go ahead and hire him??

Sent on 12/09/2016
  • User4351944 · 2+ years ago

1.2
      1.5
      2.0
      1.5
      1.0
      0.5

First, let's start with the positive. As the bride, I was very pleased with my bouquet. Outside of my bouquet, I was extremely disappointed with my entire experience working with Peter's wholesale flowers. Teddy was extremely rude to my mother, demanding payment in a specific form and yelling at her when she misunderstood. That should have been our first red flag. I provided photos of the kind of small, pastel pink/coral centerpieces I envisioned in short vases - specifically stating that we didn't want anything tall because the view at the reception venue was so great. Instead we got tall, sparse arrangements with very dark, burnt orange colored flowers.

Boutinierres and corsages were nothing more than large, heavy rose blooms - nothing delicate or styled about them. The "decorative ribbon" used to wrap the stem was unraveling by mid-afternoon for both the men and the women's wristlets. I'd also provided photo reference for these pieces, which I wanted to be simple buds with some greenery. Definitely not what we received or what we wanted.

He did provide us a discount because we paid upfront and in cash, but I also feel like our arrangements reflected the discount and our input was completely disregarded. While I was disappointed to have been spending as much money as we did for a lackluster outcome, luckily everything else about our day was wonderful and I didn't have to look at the centerpieces during my reception. I would have rather paid more to another vendor to have been treated with more respect and professionalism than we received from Peter's Wholesale Flowers.

Sent on 08/26/2014
  • Y

Yamini · Married on 09/14/2017

0.4
      0.5

"Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde!!!!" We went to this place as we have done party rentals from his sister company, Peter's Party Fixings, and had no issues. But Peter's Wholesale Florist is owned and run by Teddy Gianokos, he is the equivalent of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" ....He is very nice to you until you sign the contract and then he does a 180 degree switch. He wants ALL the money upfront and gets rude and ugly if you want to hold some of the payment for after he provides the service. Big mistake to pay him in full, as he doesn't deliver what he promises. Charged us $350 to hang lights on a tree, and hung a string of lights on the bottom of the tree!! I could have done that for 10 bucks!! Then does the tulle (shown in picture) which covers only 2 posts instead of 4...when I complained, he came begrudgingly and just cut off the other side! SO SHABBY!!! He charged us $150 for candles and lanterns and didn't deliver them at all!! Try getting a refund...he will not give it back!!! The complaints go on and on...I don't ever post reviews, but had to this time. DO NOT USE THIS GUY!!!

Sent on 10/05/2017
    Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist 2

0.0

The owner was very rude and pushy when I told him we decided to move on and work with someone else. I did not give him details but we personally decided to move on because we found someone who was inexpensive and was providing us the same exact things. He was very arrogant in his emails and stated that he knows he gave me a good deal and how impressed I was with his work and couldn't believe that I was not signing with him. I thanked him twice through email for his time and everything and he insisted learning what happened. I didn't feel I had to give him an explanation for choosing someone else and just didn't respond. I was taken back at his unprofessionalism and felt very uncomfortable. I hope no other bride has to deal with a vendor like this which is why im taking the time to write this review. There are plenty of other vendors that us brides have to deal w/ during this process and plenty of other decisions that we have to make that wont leave us broke. Another pushy vendor is not what I needed! If he was that arrogant now I could only imagine how unhappy I would have been working w/ him had I signed on!

Sent on 10/17/2013