48 Reviews for Events by Kiersa

Guest List (2)
Eco-Friendly (1)
Religious (1)
48 Events by Kiersa Reviews

If you're considering hiring Kiersa, do it now! As one of our first steps in the planning process we hired Kiersa and right away felt it set our planning off on the right path. Kiersa is well respected in the wedding community (everyone loves working with her!) - she leveraged her professional contacts to help us build a vendor dream team. EBK is a team of *event* professionals, not just wedding planners, so they are ready to handle just about any situation, and always offered us useful advice throughout our planning process. We can't express what it meant to have Kiersa and her team run our wedding day as a coordinator - she's sharp and never missed a beat while simultaneously put everyone at ease with her positivity and peaceful demeanor. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, and we know this is in large part to what Kiera does behind the scenes.

Profile Picture Summer, 1/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Everything was perfect! Kiersa and her team were on top of everything!

Profile Picture Adrienne , 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If it wasn't for Kiersa we wouldn't have found our gorgeous and charming venue. It ended up raining hard that day, and Kiersa and her team took care of all the last minute changes and helped make the best of the situation. They were all easy to work with over the months leading up to the wedding and very accommodating to our needs. I would highly recommend Kiersa and her team!

Profile Picture Megan , 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jenn and Kiersa were awesome and so much fun to work with! Jenn was my coordinator for the wedding day and she was AMAZING. She handled everything and everyone with ease and confidence which made me feel super relaxed. She kept our wedding party on schedule and took care of ALL of the vendors, and the set-up / tear-down, on my wedding day... And a lot more that I probably wasn't even aware of because I was able to be in the moment and not stress about the details!
My maid of honor and mother both told me that my wedding was the most laid back wedding they've been a part of - that speaks volumes and I give the credit to Events by Kiersa. Working with Jenn and Kiersa leading up to the wedding was easy and fun, and they went above and beyond my expectations throughout the process. If you're on the fence on whether or not you want to book a wedding coordinator - let me persuade you!!! Booking Events by Kiersa will be the best thing you spend any money on for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa & Jenn are so wonderful and very fortunate to of had them on our team. They succeeded in making our wedding day and the events that led up to it as stress free as possible. The wedding itself was a huge hit and took the lead so Christina and I could enjoy our special day.

Charlie & Christina Stanphill

Profile Picture Charles, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa and Jenn were a distinct pleasure to work with. My wedding day was filled with all sorts of uncontrollable unexpected and hilarious things (rain! bees!) and they honored and respected us and our fun day all the way through. They made great recommendations and helped us all feel at ease. I can't recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa and her team are incredible. My review will not do them justice, but I will try.
My husband and I wanted to have a weekend long wedding on his family's land in the NC mountains. Its seclusion is what is so meaningful to us, but it certainly isn't your typical wedding venue. However, no feat was too big for Kiersa's team and they helped us make all of our crazy ideas come true. We were able to turn our rustic land into a comfortable, romantic, fun location for three days of events. They helped us navigate everything from a giant tent, to bathrooms, to bringing in electricity, to delicious food service, to bonfires -- all from scratch in the middle of the woods. Their recommendations for musicians, caterers, transportation services, floral designers, trash removal and more were all spot on. And we planned all of this from 500 miles away! Kiersa and her team were always available when we were in town to help us pack in as much planning in an efficient and fun way. When we weren't around Kiersa and her team were always great about communicating with us, keeping us on task, and getting a million things done behind the scenes.
Perhaps above all, Kiersa is a delightful human being. Spending time with her was always a pleasure and every single vendor we interacted with mentioned how much they love working with Kiersa. She is always calm, positive, upbeat, and on top of every detail. We trusted her instincts when it came to the best way to approach any problem that came up. She was always able to calm our nerves and guide us to the right decision for us without ever being overbearing or pushy. When it looked like rain was coming for one of our events she said (and meant): "It's up to you and we can do whatever you want," but she ultimately guided to the best decision by far and that night's event turned out so much better than we ever dreamed.
We joyfully, unequivocally recommend Events by Kiersa!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot write a review that encapsulates just how wonderful Kiersa and her team are!

Kiersa & Jen were with us throughout our entire wedding process, and they were were present, attentive, and communicative. They went above and beyond to create a wedding celebration that was beautifully genuine to my spouse & I as a couple. Everything about our wedding felt like it was truly 'us' and Kiersa was really the one that made that happen.

We planned most of the wedding from afar and Kiersa was our boots on the ground. She saved us time, money, and LOADS of stress. We truly could not have had the experience we did without her. On our wedding day itself, she kept everything running smoothly -- we had bad weather, she handled it, and at one point she made me 3 separate plates of food because I kept forgetting to eat. She was on a different, wedding-planners-only level.

Kiersa is a gift for anyone that gets to work with her. When people ask us how stressful wedding planning was, we get to say "Not at all!" -- and Kiersa is the reason for that. Without Kiersa, our marriage would still be great, but our wedding wouldn't have been anywhere near as awesome!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious

Ahhh Kiersa! What can I say -she was the perfect match for me! I interviewed several wedding planners. During our first conversation it didn't take long for me to decide "it's her!" Initially I was impressed with her demeanor. She didn't come off as being high strung or uptight. Kiersa has an amazing calmness about her. She is very warm, friendly and a great listener. During our first onsite visit one of my best friends was with me and we both left completely impressed with her organization, the questions she asked, her suggestions, professionalism, -you name it! About 10 weeks out from 'the big day', we ran into some issues and had to find an entirely new wedding venue. Not once did she seem rattled or concerned -which kept me feeling confident it was all going to be okay. Well it wasn't okay.. it was PERFECT! Kiersa helped us throw the most amazing wedding. I'd already selected my dj/band but needed help with florist, linen rentals, and someone to do menu's etc. Kiersa's suggestions ROCKED! (Seriously in love with the florist - Urban Farm Girl! so amazing) She kept the lines of communication going with the florist, dj/band, and venue alerting me when I needed to get them info/details/money. I felt like she had my back and TRULY cared about the planning process. When our wedding weekend arrived, she worked seamlessly with the venue, officiant, bridal party, dj, etc. We've even had guests commenting on how impressed they were with her! I am so happy I found her and she was there for it all. From the first phone call in July till the last sparkler went out this April, Kiersa was amazing! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kiersa and Jenn were AMAZING! They had great advice, and were available anytime that i needed to "run through" details of the wedding day. They were extremely organized and were self starters on the wedding day, which made us very happy because we did not have to really think about anything except getting married :) They have great recommendations and connections throughout the Asheville area which is also very helpful. I highly recommend working with them, i wish i would have hired them to help throughout the entire planning process !!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kiersa and her team were phenomenal to work with! Not only did they orchestrate our wedding with masterful attention and punctuality, but they managed to make the wedding planning and execution process a light-hearted and fun experience.

Although it was one of the most complex logistical weekends of our lives, and we were daunted with the tasks at hand, the day went by swimmingly and for that we are eternally grateful to Kiersa and her team!

Profile Picture Nathan, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa is great! She's everything you're looking for in a wedding planner... really seeks to understand your vision, nails the details, and is calm, cool, and easy to work with. We highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Daniel, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lynne and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping to make Kara and Ben's day such a magical fairytale. I'm sure I don't know all the details and little things you and Caroline did to make the day such a success. But here's just some of the things I noted: The spreadsheet you provided helped us get organized from the start, your ideas for sequencing and setup helped us envision the event, and I was impressed by how you documented the flow for the day itself. I especially appreciate how whenever I asked for something, with a smile you said "we can do that" and made it happen (hauling all the chairs back up to the ceremony site, asking the band for a free microphone, to name a few things). Your flexibility and support as we fretted over the weather helped us smoothly adapt to changing weather conditions.

We couldn't be happier and it was a pleasure to work with you from start to finish!

Profile Picture Andy, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa is amazing at what she does. We had an incredible wedding. It was so much fun and filled with love. Because Kiersa was so on top of everything, all my partner and I had to was enjoy each other. Kiersa was so on everything and the entire day went smoothly. She is so knowledgeable and helped us plan for so many of the small details we didn’t think about. Also, she is just a great and kind person. So fun to work with and we had lots of laughs throughout the whole process. Simply said, she is the best.

Profile Picture brian, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There isn't enough I can say about Events by Kiersa. Kiersa and her team helped us create one of the greatest days of our lives. She was always there with any questions or concerns that we had and made our wedding day smooth and stress free. I can not recommend Events by Kiersa enough. She is the best.

Profile Picture Jami, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa is amazing! I hired her a year out from my wedding for her full planning services. It was really easy to add and subtract services to make our final contract. We had already started visiting vendors on our own prior to hiring her, but when we mentioned we were going to hire her, everyone seemed to know her and how great she was. They all gave glowing reviews and we knew we had made the right choice. She suggested wonderful vendors for our DJ, officiant, photography, flowers, and cake. She was great at taking our budget and suggesting vendors who fit those needs. I felt like over the year of planning I changed my mind on so many different things, but she was great at going with the flow and making everything come to life. The week leading up to the wedding, she had everything with our vendors in place and ready to go. Kiersa was incredible the weekend of the wedding. We started setting up prior to our rehearsal, and she helped get everything in place. We even had a bit of a crisis while decorating, but she was quick to come up with a solution. She found exactly the items we needed and even stayed behind to set up while we went to our rehearsal dinner. She also took it all down after the wedding so we weren't even charged! The day of the wedding, everything went even more smoothly than I could have imagined. It felt wonderful to sit back and know that everything was running smoothly. She was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful person to work with. I would recommend her over and over again. Honestly, I feel like I didn't pay her enough for everything she did! If I could give her a score over five stars, I would. I very highly, highly recommend Kiersa!

Profile Picture Candace, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kiersa was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny! Kiersa went above and beyond in every single request we had of her. Hired mainly as a day-of coordinator, she still reached out and coordinated all of our vendors to ensure that they were on-board with our wedding day plan. Kiersa was also solely responsible for decorating our wedding venue (a champagne cellar) without about 200 different candles. With few directions and not having seen any of the decorations prior to the wedding, Kiersa absolutely brought our vision to life and made the room breath-taking. Kiersa also handled last minute changes like a champ and took every suggestion and question we had with a smile and genuine desire to help us! If you are getting married in the Asheville area, you would be missing out if you didn't hire Kiersa for your wedding!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

It's no wonder that Kiersa was just voted the #1 top wedding planner in WNC. Every detail that Kiersa organized was executed seamlessly and perfectly. Her vendor selections are top-notch and she communicates with them throughout the planning period. She never showed any sign of stress (even though we planned our wedding and weekend festivities at short notice for an extremely booked peak fall weekend!). My entire wedding day was stress-free (and I was a ball of nerves the days before) which meant that I could spend time with the friends and family who traveled far and wide to be at our destination Asheville wedding! Kiersa and her assistant Jen were in the background handling the details and rolling up their sleeves when necessary!

I don't know how I could have done my wedding without her! She is absolutely worth it!

Profile Picture Anneliese, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kiersa did a fantastic job helping plan our daughters wedding. Through the selection of vendors until the wedding day she offered wonderful advice and suggestions that made it a beautiful evening. There were weather related glitches but she and her staff tackled them with ease. Their calmness and reassuring smiles kept the day running smoothly and the wedding a night to remember. I highly recommend kiersa if you are wanting to plan the best wedding and or event!

Profile Picture User5487969, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When we first were planning our wedding with 250-260 guests, we thought we could handle it all since we are older and are local Asheville people. Thank goodness our caterer contact (Rachel from Corner Kitchen) kindly and gently suggested we might need some help!

We chose Kiersa to help us. She was organized, thoughtful, experienced and calm, calm, calm. Her contacts in the area were especially helpful (flowers, sound guys, rental companies, caterer for rehearsal, etc). Sometimes it is hard to let “professionals” handle things you think you are capable of handling but it is the nicest thing to do for yourself AND for your guests to turn over some of the planning.

Kiersa helped us with the actual ceremony (who goes when, where people get seated, getting guests to gather) and it turned out beautifully. We also needed guidance and direction on the reception layout (staging chairs and tables, tent location, table decorations, placement of band). She also helped us keep track of our contracts and kept in constant contact with the folks we hired.

We had strong opinions on certain parts of the ceremony and reception, of course – and Kiersa respectfully listened. If she had a differing thoughts on what would work best, she told us gently. In the end, we had EXACTLY what we wanted, with the fine tuning of a pro involved. What else more would you want? She will be the new person in your life that you will want to know forever.

Profile Picture Mary Ann, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so grateful that we hired Kiersa to help with our wedding. Planning a wedding from 7 hours away is tough but Kiersa made it a breeze! The entire evening went smoothly thanks to Kiersa, Jen (her assistant), and especially her relationships with other vendors. The best part about our wedding was that we had a blast! And that was all thanks to Kiersa, since she made everything run so well.

Profile Picture Shelby, 9/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My wife and I held our wedding and reception just outside of Asheville while we were living in Chapel Hill and Durham, and Kiersa took wonderful care of us in coordinating and executing both events. She set our minds at ease with her professional approach and expertise, but really won us over with her personalized touch. We happily and highly recommend Kiersa to anyone planning an event and can say from our experience that she is great at what she does.

Profile Picture Christopher, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding. Though we hired her for only day of coordination, she went above and beyond even before the wedding to make sure everything was set on our special day. When you talk to her, you can tell that she stands out from the wedding planner crowd - she is calm and committed to your vision and does everything she can to make that vision happen. Other wedding planners I spoke to before I hired Kiersa made me feel even more stressed about my wedding and all the things I needed to have finalized before our day. Kiersa was the complete opposite. With her, I knew everything would come together and I knew she would help me get there. Our day turned out perfectly because of all her help! And most importantly, she is an incredible person who is a joy to work with. Hire her. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User5427815, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kiersa is absolutely amazing... She went above and beyond every expectation I had for a day of coordinator. Leading up to the wedding, she helped me stay organized, and posed questions and suggestions I wouldn't have ever thought about on my own. On the day of the wedding, she made it possible for me to enjoy the day fully and not worry about a single detail. She helped the guests get to where they needed to be... she helped set up the decorations... she made sure everything was in order for our slideshow to work. I had an absolute blast on my wedding weekend, and Kiersa honestly was a huge part in making that possible. She's also wonderful to work with in every way.... super calm, fun and thoughtful. I cannot recommend her enough!!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough about Events by Kiersa!! We used her coordination services for "day of" planning for our wedding in May. While we hired her for the wedding day coordination, Kiersa was incredibly involved for the month leading up to the wedding. She was so helpful! Giving me ideas for layout, vendors and problem solving for those last minute hiccups. Jenn and Ruth were the coordinators present on the day of the wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased!! Jenn is so sweet though still had that take charge persona, she was present for our rehearsal and the entire wedding day. She took so much stress away from me and my mom, I honestly don't know how the day could have gone off as well as it did without her.
Thank you so much to Kiersa and her team! You all made my day so much more than I could have ever hoped!!!

Profile Picture Regina, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews