Events by Kiersa Reviews

54 | Asheville, NC

54 Reviews for Events by Kiersa

54 Events by Kiersa Reviews

Loretta · Married on 09/22/2018

Having a long distance wedding can be daunting! The bride nor the mother of the bride lives in
    Asheville. We were fortunate to find Kiersa and Jenn of Events by Kiersa. With their knowledge and expertise in the Asheville area they were able to secure many things that I did not know about. They handled the hotel blocks, Van/bus transportation, coordination at event sight, and rentals....Just to name a few things. They were very patient and easy to work with. I thank them for coordinating things until the bitter end of the wedding night.

• Jie

Jie Guo · Married on 08/18/2018

Great people to work with for your wedding, definitely!

Kiersa and her group were really great and helpful in planning and coordinating our wedding. We almost started with no clue but ended up with an amazingly wonderful day with her help, from the beginning to the end. Kiersa is very good at sensing what you like and provide advices fit for your requirements and expectations. Every details have been handled very well with her assistance. She also helped us with finding the vendors. She has a high-qualified vendor list that she worked with on a regular basis. The vendors that she recommended were also great and nice in terms of their service quality, attitudes, and professional skills.
    Kiersa and Jenn are great people to work with in regards to their personalities and attitudes. We definitely enjoyed the experience and developed a good relationship with them. With their coordination, the wedding went pretty well and left us and our families valuable memories. Herein, I highly recommend Kiersa's group for your upcoming weddings.

Debbie · Married on 07/28/2018

Kiersa was absolutely wonderful. Because of her attentiveness to detail and her strong organizational skills, my daughter’s wedding was absolutely perfect. It was a pleasure working with Kiersa throughout the entire planning process. Such a pleasant person!

Katherine · Married on 06/16/2018

Kiersa and Jenn were the glue the held our wedding weekend together. From the very beginning of the planning stages they were so easy to work with and guided the process in a very kind and supportive way. Every proposal and inquiry was met with a “yes” and “can do” attitude - these gals get it done!!! The weekend of our wedding couldn’t have run more smoothly - and this was in a mountain area with zero cell reception! I don’t know how they do it but they make everything seem effortless and are 100% reassuring throughout the process.

Elizabeth · Married on 03/24/2018

Kiersa was a pleasure to work with! She met with us prior to the wedding to go over every detail, and was extremely helpful with things that we hadn’t even considered. She was consistently responsive to emails, which made communication a simple task. Having her and Jen there for the wedding ensured that everything ran smoothly, and they continually checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. Our wedding day was fantastic and Kiersa’s help was very appreciated!

Adrienne · Married on 11/04/2017

Everything was perfect! Kiersa and her team were on top of everything!

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

If it wasn't for Kiersa we wouldn't have found our gorgeous and charming venue. It ended up raining hard that day, and Kiersa and her team took care of all the last minute changes and helped make the best of the situation. They were all easy to work with over the months leading up to the wedding and very accommodating to our needs. I would highly recommend Kiersa and her team!

Lindsey · Married on 10/07/2017

Jenn and Kiersa were awesome and so much fun to work with! Jenn was my coordinator for the wedding day and she was AMAZING. She handled everything and everyone with ease and confidence which made me feel super relaxed. She kept our wedding party on schedule and took care of ALL of the vendors, and the set-up / tear-down, on my wedding day... And a lot more that I probably wasn't even aware of because I was able to be in the moment and not stress about the details!
    My maid of honor and mother both told me that my wedding was the most laid back wedding they've been a part of - that speaks volumes and I give the credit to Events by Kiersa. Working with Jenn and Kiersa leading up to the wedding was easy and fun, and they went above and beyond my expectations throughout the process. If you're on the fence on whether or not you want to book a wedding coordinator - let me persuade you!!! Booking Events by Kiersa will be the best thing you spend any money on for your wedding day!

Charles · Married on 07/15/2017

Kiersa & Jenn are so wonderful and very fortunate to of had them on our team. They succeeded in making our wedding day and the events that led up to it as stress free as possible. The wedding itself was a huge hit and took the lead so Christina and I could enjoy our special day.

Charlie & Christina Stanphill

Anna · Married on 07/08/2017

Kiersa and Jenn were a distinct pleasure to work with. My wedding day was filled with all sorts of uncontrollable unexpected and hilarious things (rain! bees!) and they honored and respected us and our fun day all the way through. They made great recommendations and helped us all feel at ease. I can't recommend them enough.

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2017

Kiersa and her team are incredible. My review will not do them justice, but I will try.
    My husband and I wanted to have a weekend long wedding on his family's land in the NC mountains. Its seclusion is what is so meaningful to us, but it certainly isn't your typical wedding venue. However, no feat was too big for Kiersa's team and they helped us make all of our crazy ideas come true. We were able to turn our rustic land into a comfortable, romantic, fun location for three days of events. They helped us navigate everything from a giant tent, to bathrooms, to bringing in electricity, to delicious food service, to bonfires -- all from scratch in the middle of the woods. Their recommendations for musicians, caterers, transportation services, floral designers, trash removal and more were all spot on. And we planned all of this from 500 miles away! Kiersa and her team were always available when we were in town to help us pack in as much planning in an efficient and fun way. When we weren't around Kiersa and her team were always great about communicating with us, keeping us on task, and getting a million things done behind the scenes.
    Perhaps above all, Kiersa is a delightful human being. Spending time with her was always a pleasure and every single vendor we interacted with mentioned how much they love working with Kiersa. She is always calm, positive, upbeat, and on top of every detail. We trusted her instincts when it came to the best way to approach any problem that came up. She was always able to calm our nerves and guide us to the right decision for us without ever being overbearing or pushy. When it looked like rain was coming for one of our events she said (and meant): "It's up to you and we can do whatever you want," but she ultimately guided to the best decision by far and that night's event turned out so much better than we ever dreamed.
    We joyfully, unequivocally recommend Events by Kiersa!

Kathryn · Married on 05/06/2017

I cannot write a review that encapsulates just how wonderful Kiersa and her team are!

Kiersa & Jen were with us throughout our entire wedding process, and they were were present, attentive, and communicative. They went above and beyond to create a wedding celebration that was beautifully genuine to my spouse & I as a couple. Everything about our wedding felt like it was truly 'us' and Kiersa was really the one that made that happen.

We planned most of the wedding from afar and Kiersa was our boots on the ground. She saved us time, money, and LOADS of stress. We truly could not have had the experience we did without her. On our wedding day itself, she kept everything running smoothly -- we had bad weather, she handled it, and at one point she made me 3 separate plates of food because I kept forgetting to eat. She was on a different, wedding-planners-only level.

Kiersa is a gift for anyone that gets to work with her. When people ask us how stressful wedding planning was, we get to say "Not at all!" -- and Kiersa is the reason for that. Without Kiersa, our marriage would still be great, but our wedding wouldn't have been anywhere near as awesome!

Ashley · Married on 04/22/2017

Ahhh Kiersa! What can I say -she was the perfect match for me! I interviewed several wedding planners. During our first conversation it didn't take long for me to decide "it's her!" Initially I was impressed with her demeanor. She didn't come off as being high strung or uptight. Kiersa has an amazing calmness about her. She is very warm, friendly and a great listener. During our first onsite visit one of my best friends was with me and we both left completely impressed with her organization, the questions she asked, her suggestions, professionalism, -you name it! About 10 weeks out from 'the big day', we ran into some issues and had to find an entirely new wedding venue. Not once did she seem rattled or concerned -which kept me feeling confident it was all going to be okay. Well it wasn't okay.. it was PERFECT! Kiersa helped us throw the most amazing wedding. I'd already selected my dj/band but needed help with florist, linen rentals, and someone to do menu's etc. Kiersa's suggestions ROCKED! (Seriously in love with the florist - Urban Farm Girl! so amazing) She kept the lines of communication going with the florist, dj/band, and venue alerting me when I needed to get them info/details/money. I felt like she had my back and TRULY cared about the planning process. When our wedding weekend arrived, she worked seamlessly with the venue, officiant, bridal party, dj, etc. We've even had guests commenting on how impressed they were with her! I am so happy I found her and she was there for it all. From the first phone call in July till the last sparkler went out this April, Kiersa was amazing! THANK YOU!!

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

Kiersa and Jenn were AMAZING! They had great advice, and were available anytime that i needed to "run through" details of the wedding day. They were extremely organized and were self starters on the wedding day, which made us very happy because we did not have to really think about anything except getting married :) They have great recommendations and connections throughout the Asheville area which is also very helpful. I highly recommend working with them, i wish i would have hired them to help throughout the entire planning process !!!

Nathan · Married on 09/10/2016

Kiersa and her team were phenomenal to work with! Not only did they orchestrate our wedding with masterful attention and punctuality, but they managed to make the wedding planning and execution process a light-hearted and fun experience.

Although it was one of the most complex logistical weekends of our lives, and we were daunted with the tasks at hand, the day went by swimmingly and for that we are eternally grateful to Kiersa and her team!

Daniel · Married on 09/04/2016

Kiersa is great! She's everything you're looking for in a wedding planner... really seeks to understand your vision, nails the details, and is calm, cool, and easy to work with. We highly recommend her services.

Andy · Married on 07/30/2016

Lynne and I wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping to make Kara and Ben's day such a magical fairytale. I'm sure I don't know all the details and little things you and Caroline did to make the day such a success. But here's just some of the things I noted: The spreadsheet you provided helped us get organized from the start, your ideas for sequencing and setup helped us envision the event, and I was impressed by how you documented the flow for the day itself. I especially appreciate how whenever I asked for something, with a smile you said "we can do that" and made it happen (hauling all the chairs back up to the ceremony site, asking the band for a free microphone, to name a few things). Your flexibility and support as we fretted over the weather helped us smoothly adapt to changing weather conditions.

We couldn't be happier and it was a pleasure to work with you from start to finish!

brian · Married on 06/19/2016

Kiersa is amazing at what she does. We had an incredible wedding. It was so much fun and filled with love. Because Kiersa was so on top of everything, all my partner and I had to was enjoy each other. Kiersa was so on everything and the entire day went smoothly. She is so knowledgeable and helped us plan for so many of the small details we didn’t think about. Also, she is just a great and kind person. So fun to work with and we had lots of laughs throughout the whole process. Simply said, she is the best.

Jami · Married on 06/19/2016

There isn't enough I can say about Events by Kiersa. Kiersa and her team helped us create one of the greatest days of our lives. She was always there with any questions or concerns that we had and made our wedding day smooth and stress free. I can not recommend Events by Kiersa enough. She is the best.

Candace · Married on 05/14/2016

Kiersa is amazing! I hired her a year out from my wedding for her full planning services. It was really easy to add and subtract services to make our final contract. We had already started visiting vendors on our own prior to hiring her, but when we mentioned we were going to hire her, everyone seemed to know her and how great she was. They all gave glowing reviews and we knew we had made the right choice. She suggested wonderful vendors for our DJ, officiant, photography, flowers, and cake. She was great at taking our budget and suggesting vendors who fit those needs. I felt like over the year of planning I changed my mind on so many different things, but she was great at going with the flow and making everything come to life. The week leading up to the wedding, she had everything with our vendors in place and ready to go. Kiersa was incredible the weekend of the wedding. We started setting up prior to our rehearsal, and she helped get everything in place. We even had a bit of a crisis while decorating, but she was quick to come up with a solution. She found exactly the items we needed and even stayed behind to set up while we went to our rehearsal dinner. She also took it all down after the wedding so we weren't even charged! The day of the wedding, everything went even more smoothly than I could have imagined. It felt wonderful to sit back and know that everything was running smoothly. She was absolutely fantastic and a wonderful person to work with. I would recommend her over and over again. Honestly, I feel like I didn't pay her enough for everything she did! If I could give her a score over five stars, I would. I very highly, highly recommend Kiersa!

Kathleen · Married on 04/30/2016

Kiersa was absolutely wonderful and worth every penny! Kiersa went above and beyond in every single request we had of her. Hired mainly as a day-of coordinator, she still reached out and coordinated all of our vendors to ensure that they were on-board with our wedding day plan. Kiersa was also solely responsible for decorating our wedding venue (a champagne cellar) without about 200 different candles. With few directions and not having seen any of the decorations prior to the wedding, Kiersa absolutely brought our vision to life and made the room breath-taking. Kiersa also handled last minute changes like a champ and took every suggestion and question we had with a smile and genuine desire to help us! If you are getting married in the Asheville area, you would be missing out if you didn't hire Kiersa for your wedding!

Anneliese · Married on 10/25/2015

It's no wonder that Kiersa was just voted the #1 top wedding planner in WNC. Every detail that Kiersa organized was executed seamlessly and perfectly. Her vendor selections are top-notch and she communicates with them throughout the planning period. She never showed any sign of stress (even though we planned our wedding and weekend festivities at short notice for an extremely booked peak fall weekend!). My entire wedding day was stress-free (and I was a ball of nerves the days before) which meant that I could spend time with the friends and family who traveled far and wide to be at our destination Asheville wedding! Kiersa and her assistant Jen were in the background handling the details and rolling up their sleeves when necessary!

I don't know how I could have done my wedding without her! She is absolutely worth it!

Kiersa did a fantastic job helping plan our daughters wedding. Through the selection of vendors until the wedding day she offered wonderful advice and suggestions that made it a beautiful evening. There were weather related glitches but she and her staff tackled them with ease. Their calmness and reassuring smiles kept the day running smoothly and the wedding a night to remember. I highly recommend kiersa if you are wanting to plan the best wedding and or event!

Mary Ann · Married on 09/19/2015

When we first were planning our wedding with 250-260 guests, we thought we could handle it all since we are older and are local Asheville people. Thank goodness our caterer contact (Rachel from Corner Kitchen) kindly and gently suggested we might need some help!

We chose Kiersa to help us. She was organized, thoughtful, experienced and calm, calm, calm. Her contacts in the area were especially helpful (flowers, sound guys, rental companies, caterer for rehearsal, etc). Sometimes it is hard to let “professionals” handle things you think you are capable of handling but it is the nicest thing to do for yourself AND for your guests to turn over some of the planning.

Kiersa helped us with the actual ceremony (who goes when, where people get seated, getting guests to gather) and it turned out beautifully. We also needed guidance and direction on the reception layout (staging chairs and tables, tent location, table decorations, placement of band). She also helped us keep track of our contracts and kept in constant contact with the folks we hired.

We had strong opinions on certain parts of the ceremony and reception, of course – and Kiersa respectfully listened. If she had a differing thoughts on what would work best, she told us gently. In the end, we had EXACTLY what we wanted, with the fine tuning of a pro involved. What else more would you want? She will be the new person in your life that you will want to know forever.

Shelby · Married on 09/12/2015

We are so grateful that we hired Kiersa to help with our wedding. Planning a wedding from 7 hours away is tough but Kiersa made it a breeze! The entire evening went smoothly thanks to Kiersa, Jen (her assistant), and especially her relationships with other vendors. The best part about our wedding was that we had a blast! And that was all thanks to Kiersa, since she made everything run so well.