Erin Parker Photography Reviews

Erin Parker Photography 7
  • Abbie

Abbie Sauter · Married on 10/18/2018

Erin is perfection!

The entire experience working with Erin on our wedding in Sayulita was downright perfect. It was clear from the get-go that she wanted to understand who we are as a couple and what we were looking for in our photos, which really showed through in the final product. I literally did not even notice her whereabouts during the ceremony yet she got an incredible range of amazing shots. When it came time for pictures after the ceremony, Erin made the entire experience a blast. The range of pictures we just got back is incredible - from candid shots which truly captured the day to beautiful shots that make my husband and I look like perfect models (FYI, we aren't) and everything in between, Erin gave us a little bit of everything and more than we could have possibly hoped for! Erin was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day, and I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who wants a talented, fun photographer who will deliver a lifetime of memories in your photos.

• Sam

Sam Frazier · Married on 10/12/2018

Erin Parker is awesome!

From the moment Erin walked through the door we felt at ease. She was personable and engaging and we immediately hit it off.

Erin had an acute sense of place. All her choices for backgrounds turned out to be the best choices.

She was equally adept at both unobtrusive candid shots and group shots that require subtle bride-groom-family wrangling throughout the day.

Her background as a photojournalist makes her uniquely qualified to deliver images of your wedding that will continue to resonate long after the event. That sounds a little stuffy. What I’m trying to say is, her photographs are fun to look at.

Erin is easy to work with and fun to be around and the photographs speak for themselves.

Christina Hart · Married on 07/07/2018

Hire Erin Parker!

The minute I got on the phone with Erin, I knew she was the photographer for myself and my partner. She was personable, confident, funny, direct, kind, empathetic. She wanted to know about us, how we met, what we love about each other, what we don't love about each other. She wanted to know where we were holding our wedding (she site she happened to already know personally from being a Bainbridge Islander herself for a period of time). She wanted to get to know us, which was so important and comforting to my partner and I both. I am not a in-front-of-the-camera person and Erin made me feel like we were old friends, which set me at ease.

Her pricing was affordable and competitive. She explained exactly what we would get - all the photos, no holdbacks, with a timeline. She sent us an email shortly after our conversation which detailed it all.

Erin and her assistant also wanted to stop by our rehearsal dinner (which was held at our wedding site) to briefly introduce herself to everyone, which was a huge boon for everyone on our wedding day - she already knew everyone's faces/names and could easily direct traffic for the photo portion of the evening.

The day of Erin and her assistant were impeccable. How they were able to capture what they were still is beyond me - the smiles, the children playing in the late afternoon summer light, the tears and love expressed to us that day was all there, perfectly documented.

In fact, Erin was so incredible that three of our close friends who were planning weddings for that same summer and the year after ALL booked her immediately. The sense that we are old friends is actually true now :)

Following our wedding Erin sent our wedding photos on the timeline she discussed and I couldn't even wait to see them all with my partner, I sat alone in a classroom, tears of joy streaming down my cheeks, reviewing them all. She also sent a few timely previews prior to that which were so incredible to send out to family within a week or two of our wedding - reminding everyone of the joy we shared together and expressing our deep gratitude for what we couldn't have done alone.

Perhaps this is too verbose but I want to say that I couldn't have imagined a better photographer for myself or my partner, our families, our style. She made us feel like ourselves. I highly recommend Erin Parker for your special day!

• Ali

Ali · Married on 05/22/2018

Trust me, you will want to hire Erin as your wedding photographer!

This review is a long time coming - Erin was our wedding photographer for our May 2018 wedding in Sayulita and she was nothing short of amazing. We would hire her 10 times over and I highly recommend her. She's professional, easy to talk to and just seemed to get us. Not only is she able to command a room - directing 30+ family members to simultaneously look at the camera (including tiny humans), she's a nimble ninja in her way of seemingly being everywhere all at once to capture every moment of our big day. She was also extremely helpful in talking through which posed photos were 'must haves' and which we didn't need, to give us more time back to enjoy our special day with friends and family. Further, she was a calming presence and even provided super helpful guidance to our wedding planner about where to have our ceremony, in hopes of having the perfect lighting for photos. She captured our day perfectly. Thank you a million times over, Erin!

Anneka Huntley · Married on 03/24/2018

Just book her. Seriously, just do it.

Erin is amazing. Period. Full stop.

I know I'm biased, but our wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to, and Erin was a huge part of that. Like a lot of other couples who get married in Sayulita, we planned our wedding from afar; we picked Erin based on the beautiful work on her website, and arranged the details with her over email. Then, a few months before the wedding we went down to meet our vendors and got to meet Erin in real life. We had beers on the beach and drove around town and I knew we'd made the right choice. Not only is her work amazing, but she's also a rad person that I would like to hang out with on the regular (bummer that I don't live in Sayulita). Some of our wedding guests are still talking about her (and were apparently crushed to find out that she's married).

Erin is a documentary-style photographer, meaning she mostly just captures you and your spouse and your loved ones as you are as you enjoy this special day. She caught a TON of really wonderful moments at our wedding that showed our love for each other, our love for our people, everyone's great quirks, the tequila and tear-filled ceremony, and our really, really fantastic party. Plus she made us look dead sexy, so bonus points for that. She can kick ass and take names, and did a fantastic job wrangling our two unruly families. She kept us focused and on track and did a really wonderful job of reminding my new husband and I to snatch some moments just to ourselves (and took perfectly wonderful photos of those moments). She really is a ninja, because so many of the photos she took at our wedding, we were like "where even was she that she got this amazing perfect shot?"

A few days ago I quite literally sent an email to someone who was asking for Mexico destination wedding advice that included the words, "Whatever else you do, you need to get Erin." So, just take that advice: Whatever else you do, you need to get Erin.

Alison · Married on 03/02/2018

Erin was beyond incredible every step of the way for our wedding. We got married in Sayulita in March. When we began our planning, we knew we wanted someone who could capture those magical moments. We didn’t want the super staged wedding photos you see so often. We were looking for someone that would give us an artistic and journalistic touch as well as some of the classic wedding moments. Erin delivered again and again with special spontaneous shots as well as some awesome creative posed portraits. She picked up on our personalities and brought them out in such a beautiful way in our pictures. Our photos look professional and artistic but still look like us.

Beyond her amazing photography skills, Erin was a rock for us during our crazy wedding. 65 of our 70 guests wound up getting the Norovirus and were sick prior to our ceremony which needless to say was incredibly stressful. Erin helped me maintain my cool, see the humor in the day, and realize that we would be laughing about the stories that came from the day in a few weeks. She was totally right and captured some of the insanity on film which we have been laughing at since we saw her photos. I can not say enough wonderful things about Erin nor can I recommend her highly enough. If you are looking for an amazing photographer who can make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and is a real person who genuinely cares about your day looking amazing, call Erin. She is incredible.

Erin Parker Photography 8
    Erin Parker Photography 9
    Erin Parker Photography 10
    Erin Parker Photography 11
    Erin Parker Photography 12

Skylure · Married on 02/23/2018

Erin is not only an incredibly talented photographer she is also a genuinely kind person. From the first email, phone call, and meeting ; Erin was involved in the best way possible. Erin not only got to know us but she was provided guidance when we had no idea what we wanted. I mean most of us only do this wedding thing once, but she is in a unique spot where she is able to brain storm and help the clueless bride and groom from years of experience. For us that resulted in the best first dance memories and photos. Erin suggested if we want sparklers why not use them during the first dance. Trust me it is A) a lot of fun B) gorgeous C) romantic beyond words.
    Erin not only got to know us and provided guidance but most importantly she listened and learned what was photos were important to us. For us this meant taking and capturing as many candid moments of our loved ones and us as possible. Our wedding photos are a story, she was able to tell the story of our wedding. As we look through them, which has happened more times than I can count, we relive our wedding over and over. I cannot say enough about Erin or recommend her highly enough. I do know if she decides to ditch sand and beaches and move to the mountains there is a few friends who would book her in a heartbeat. Thank you so much Erin for taking the time to be a part of our wedding story.

Erin Parker Photography 13
    Erin Parker Photography 19
    Erin Parker Photography 20
    Erin Parker Photography 21

Jamie · Married on 02/03/2018

Erin was such an amazing asset to our wedding. Not only was she incredibly easy to work with, she was so helpful leading up to the wedding and the day of. Even more importantly to me is that she was super fun to be around which just about eliminated the awkwardness of taking photos when you're walking down the streets of Sayulita in a wedding dress. But MOST importantly, our photos turned out amazing. I'm constantly getting comments from friends on family on not just the quality of the photos (they look fantastic) but also how her unique style really captured the entire spirit of the wedding. When I look back at them, all I remember is how much fun I had that day and how special it was to enjoy the time with my husband and family and friends.

Erin Parker Photography 22
    Erin Parker Photography 23
    Erin Parker Photography 24
    Erin Parker Photography 25
    Erin Parker Photography 26

Clare · Married on 01/13/2018

Erin is the all-around best photographer you could hire for your wedding (or really, for any event). From the time of our first consultation phone call, I could tell she was the right choice—someone who was professional but laid back, who was experienced but wouldn’t take a formulaic approach to photographing our wedding.

Erin attended our wedding rehearsal and I was floored that she had reviewed our wedding website and knew each member of our wedding party by name! We had some last-minute changes with our wedding planner which meant that my fiancé and I were left to make some decisions about placement, timing, etc. on our own. Erin was intimately familiar with the venue and was able to step in and offer awesome, much-needed suggestions.

After the rehearsal, Erin, my fiancé, and I scouted locations for our “First Look” photos that we’d be taking the next day. Erin knows her way around Sayulita like the back of her hand and you could tell she’d listened to our preferences, considered our personalities, and put thought into where we would be most comfortable.

On the day of the wedding, she was prompt and totally unobtrusive. She got the official family photos over with at lightning speed; she is supremely organized! My now-husband and I have looked at the photos from the day and although they are intimate and close-up, we hardly remember her being there (no offense, Erin!) and have even commented, “How did she even get that one?!” Many of our wedding guests asked where we found such a great photographer.

Long story short—you absolutely will not be disappointed if you choose to go with Erin. I have loved looking at our beautiful photos and am so grateful she captured all the love surrounding us that day!

lauren · Married on 12/29/2017

Holy smokes, Erin is honestly both an amazing photographer and human. Besides my new husband, Erin was my ROCK on my wedding day. She is sincere, in control, incredibly capable, engaging, creative, purposeful, and all in all fantastic. I am so happy we chose her to be with us on our very special day. She was everywhere on the day- always catching the magical candid moments I wanted so badly to remember from our wedding. Her photography skills are ridiculous. She knew what questions to ask to truly learn about what photos were most important to us, heard what we wanted, did her research, and made those photos happen. I am BEYOND happy with what Erin delivered for us on our day. I couldn't be more obsessed or in love with her :)

Erin Parker Photography 27
    Erin Parker Photography 28
    Erin Parker Photography 29
    Erin Parker Photography 30
    Erin Parker Photography 31

Leah · Married on 11/20/2017

Erin was amazing to work with! She not only took time to visit our wedding venue in advance to scout out the shots ahead of time but she took time to get to know us. She gave us great tips to keep in mind so that we could naturally capture the special moments. We were also very impressed with how she directed friends and family so that we weren't spending a huge amount of our special day in a photo shoot. It was quick, easy, a lot of laughs and then we were back to the party! We believe it was the extra time and attention she gave that resulted in the most amazing photos that told the story of our special day. When we received the photos we laughed, teared up (okay that was me) and reminisced about what an amazing day it was. Erin is so much fun to work with and she will capture your special day beautifully!

devin · Married on 10/31/2017

Erin was absolutely amazing. She captured all the great aspects of the wedding that were important to us. She was prompt, professional, fun to work with and we couldn’t have been happier. Thanks Erin!!!

Maya · Married on 10/14/2017

We are so happy we chose Erin to photograph our wedding in Sayulita! She was great to work with right from the start. Obviously her photography and ability to capture the moment are amazing, but shes also the coolest chick ever. One of our main requirements were that we didn't want to feel like there was a camera in our face the whole time and we were much more into someone capturing people enjoying themselves instead of portraits/posing. She definitely delivered on all of that and everyone comments on how amazing out wedding photos are. You really feel like you have one of your best friends photographing the wedding. She has a great eye for taking unique photos and isn't afraid to get right in there! Thank you so much Erin!

Danny · Married on 08/26/2017

We cannot imagine a better photographer for our wedding. Erin’s background in photojournalism gives her a unique approach to wedding photography, allowing her to blend in and seemingly be everywhere at once. We were initially wary of what it would be like to have a photographer follow us around for the day, but Erin immediately made us feel comfortable. She has a great sense of humor, which comes across in her photographs. Her photographs of our wedding truly capture us and our day. In addition, Erin makes high quality digital files available on the internet for our friends and family to download without charge. We are so grateful for Erin.

Erin Parker Photography 32

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2017

Working with Erin was fantastic, I cannot recommend her highly enough!

During a scouting trip to Sayulita we met with a handful of photographers looking for a good fit. We met with Erin first and she set the bar high for all the others. Nobody else even came close.

The thing that made Erin stand out from the others we interviewed was she was the only one who asked us “Tell me your love story.” She wanted to hear how we met and how we fell in love. During this conversation, not only were we interviewing her, she was interviewing us. And it became so obvious that she was an amazingly experienced photojournalist. During a short meeting over a couple of beers on the beach, she was taking notes and already thinking about how she was going to capture the magic of the big day, the magic of our love.

Communication was spectacular with Erin. She was so prompt and thorough with our email conversations. I would bounce ideas off her and she was she was honest and clear in her responses about why something would work well, or would be a challenge, but she was always up for the challenge. Additionally, she would point out suggestions or ideas that I hadn't thought of, which was super helpful as we planned the whole thing on our own - No wedding planner.

Her organization, attention to detail, and time management were all spot on and made working with her a breeze. But the real beauty of it all was the amazing portfolio of photos that she produced for us. She captured the whole day beautifully. She captured emotion and love and joy in the photographs she took. Looking through the photos you can see the feelings everyone is having, happiness and nervousness and excitement. As I look through the photos she gave us, I am instantly transported right back to the day of our wedding, my heart gets excited and a huge smile comes over my face. And for that I recommend Erin Parker Photography wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Brandon · Married on 05/19/2017

Our wedding planner, Karen Ruezga, provided a list of photographers she had worked with in the past, so we set up conference calls with 3. I have been in sales for years and know that to get the right product, at the right price, you have to explore your options and be patient. Weigh your choices carefully, and make a measured, sound, decision. That all went out the window when we spoke with Erin.

First of all, she responded faster and more frequently than anyone else we reached out to. Secondly, after we got on a "short" conference call with Erin, we didn't stop gabbing for over an hour. It was like we were old friends who hadn't talked in forever. You know, the kind that you don't speak with for months or years and it doesn't matter, you just pick back up where you left off. That was key to us. We knew we were on the same wavelength.

Erin has a wonderful down-to-earth quality that is charming and endearing. Having viewed her work - I already earmarked her as my favorite - and speaking with her, we knew she was the one. We cancelled our other calls right after hanging up. She asked the right questions, gave us her honest opinion, and sincerely wanted to know us, our friends, and our family, so that she could do her best work.

Taking it to another level, she was ultra flexible for us. Rehearsal/rehearsal dinner the first night. Wedding the second. And our son's birthday party/"trash the dress" photos the third day. How awesome is that? She was there not just for our wedding, but to capture the highlights of the whole trip, the adventure. And in some ways, she was our guide. Not to mention the personal gestures. She and I loaded up into her "beach mobile" the f

Erin Parker Photography 33

gabriel · Married on 04/28/2017

My wife and I decided on 5 things that were important to us in regards to selecting a wedding photographer.
    1) Style of Photography
    2) Will the Photographer be willing to share a full wedding gallery and not just a few great pics.
    3) Must encompass all traits of a professional photographer
    4) Willing to define very clearly their prices and what you are actually getting and what you will own after the wedding.
    5) Compatibility
    We interviewed several photographers and it wasn't till my wife came across Erin Parker's website did we find a photographer that would meet all of our above bullet points. After meeting with Erin we knew instantly we had our professional photographer. What we didn't know was that she would not only meet all our criteria but exceed all our expectations. Erin immediately felt like she was part of the family and put all our guests, wedding party, and most importantly the bride at ease. What we personally loved about Erin is she understood that the day was about the Bride. She politely and with amazing tact avoided getting sidetracked by that uncle or aunt we all have that wants to start their own private photo shoots. She politely declined their requests and remained focus on the bride and capturing her big day.

We loved her documentary style pictures and absolutely loved the fact that she put so much time and thought into her shots. Please note she did do a run thru with us and let us know what to expect and also explained to she wanted to capture particular shots due to lighting, crowds, etc . She came to our wedding rehearsal and spent time with our family and went over how she would shoot the pictures the day of the actual wedding which put the entire wedding party at ease.She embodies every aspect and trait of a professional photographer and our wedding coordinator said she was an absolute pleasure to work with and responded in a timely manner to all our wedding coordinators email.
    Friend for LIFE-

lindsay · Married on 03/10/2017

Where do I even begin when describing our time with Erin Parker?? Working with her was like a dream. I truly could not have asked for a better teammate, and would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer to capture memories to last a lifetime. Erin is a story teller, and told the events of our wedding with the photos she gifted us. She was incredibly personable from the first time we met her on our scouting trip, and was easily accessible through email and phone conversation thereafter. Erin is very professional, down to earth, and has a way of putting everyone at ease with her humor and wit; not to mention her creativity and artistic eye!! This gal is something special, and truly has raw talent that captured the genuine, emotional moments that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Erin went above and beyond, and was incredibly adaptable. To paint this picture a little further, my groom and I did our first look pictures with Erin, but then missed our ceremony and reception due to extreme illness. However, we made an appearance at the reception once we got home from the hospital, and she captured the emotion of our arrival, and the reception that followed (without us), to the point that we can look at the pictures and live vicariously through them. She has a unique way of capturing the energy of the moment, that allowed us to be transported to that period of time. Erin, we love you and are forever grateful for having met you. Thank you for telling our story through photos that will be cherished for many years to come!!

brett · Married on 03/03/2017

I am so happy that we choose Erin to photograph one of the happiest moments of our lives! Right from the start after speaking with Erin I knew I chose the right photographer. Erin was extremely easy to talk to and communicate with throughout the entire planning stages. She is extremely organized and it is obvious she knows what she’s doing—she made sure to bring up points and ideas that I didn’t even think about! Erin came to our wedding rehearsal for a “meet & greet” so that we and our wedding party would feel more comfortable with her and know who she was. She is THE BEST to work with!!! She’s not stuffy or formal, she’ll tell you if you have a booger (which is important…thanks Erin haha!), she’s light-hearted, and makes the potentially awkwardness of being photographed disappear. My favorite thing, however, is the photos she took. She totally captured the type of photos I definitely wanted to get, but she was also great at capturing “in the moment” photos that created the perfect photo diary of our big day. Erin was a dream to work with and I highly recommend to her anyone looking for a fabulous photographer with a great experience!!!

Sydney · Married on 11/13/2016

Erin Parker was not just a great photographer for our wedding – she was a blast to work with.
    Her humor and frankness kept us relaxed while we were with her. Prior to the wedding, we spoke multiple times and met during our visit to Sayulita, allowing us to get to know one another (we had all sorts of random connections!) and plan shooting locations for the wedding day.

During the first look and pre-ceremony shots she had a vision for the photos and was efficient about executing the plan – the time just runs away from you on wedding day! This alone time with Erin allowed us to step back, take a breathe, and be in the moment.

During the ceremony and reception, she moved around like a ninja and got shots that captured not just the moment, but also the action and emotion. Later our friends and family kept asking if we noticed Erin during certain moments of the night, and we never did. She took beautiful shots of us truly in the moment.

After we expressed an interest in having a photo booth during the reception, she worked to put it together for us. We got some hilarious shots of our friends and families using her new equipment!

We’re really happy we had the opportunity to work with not only a great photographer, but a wonderful person who delivered beautiful photos (and so quickly!) of our big day.

Michaela · Married on 10/22/2016

We are so happy that we went with Erin for our wedding photos! They came out so great, it feels like we are reliving the day each time we look at them. What really made her stand out to us was her ability to capture the moment and emotion in each picture. I don't know how she does it, but she caught the most genuine, raw, and beautiful reactions I have ever seen! I have looked back through our photos a million times, and each time I feel like I am transported back to that day. I also seem to notice something new and special every time I look at them. Erin is so nice and fun to be around. She has such a calming and relaxed vibe about her and I really enjoyed spending the day with her. She made me laugh and smile and she was also great about blending in so that everyone could be natural and candid. I also really appreciate that she took the time to get to know my family and learn about our relationships so that she could understand when to capture all of the important moments and extra special people in my life. Thank you so much Erin, we will cherish these photos forever!

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

Erin did an absolutely incredible job capturing our wedding. Throughout the entire process, she was very available and responsive in answering any questions and offering bits of help along the way. The planning process can be so stressful but we knew from the very beginning that the wedding photographs were not something that we had to even have on our radar, after we picked Erin to be our photographer. She operated with such professionalism and really worked to get to know our friends and family to capture everyones personalities. She was able to get the images to us quicker than promised and we had such great feedback on the photos. Erin has a wonderful eye and was able to catch moments from our ceremony (and the hours leading up to it) that other photographers would have missed.

Karen · Married on 08/21/2016

We chose Erin Parker to photograph our August 21 wedding in Sayulita. Erin's incredible photos captured all of the fun, hilarity, spontaneity, beauty, and most importantly, the LOVE of our special day. Months ago when we began researching wedding photographers, something about the style of Erin's photos jumped out at us. They portrayed candid wedding moments with beauty. intimacy, art and respect. This is the second marriage for both of us, and because we weren't just getting married, we were creating a new family with our grown children, it was important to us to visually record those new family moments, as well as the highlights of our wedding. We have a special appreciation for art and we knew that Erin would be the perfect photographer to record this most important day for us with unique artistic style. Erin did that in spades! We couldn't happier!

Geneva · Married on 08/06/2016

Erin Parker was quite honestly the only thing that kept me from loosing my mind over the wedding stress!
    She has brilliant, thoughtful ideas and the experience to back them up. Her suggestions were wonderful.
    My favorite suggestion was a quiet private moment after the ceremony. This gave us a little bit of time to escape everything, and in our case, kick off the party with a group of wonderful people on a small boat.
    The pictures of this small moment I could not be happier with.
    Every picture she gave us was just stunning, with beautiful natural moments you never even saw her capture ( but will be so grateful she did ).
    Our wedding was small, in the sun, at a weird angle on a dock and the pictures have STUNNED everyone who saw them. They are quite literally photos in proud to show off to everyone who asks about our wedding.. And everyone who doesn't!
    Erin is wonderful and easy to talk to, and she took all of our weird requests in stride and was there the day of to facilitate and keep me from becoming Bridezilla!
    We did first look pictures, the secret moment pictures, and she even came with us in the VW thing the rooms brother drove us to the reception in- with no doors!!
    Thank goodness for Erin!!

Madison · Married on 05/17/2016

From the second we met Erin she was welcoming and friendly. We talked about our ideas and sent emails back and forth weeks before the wedding and she really took the time to get to know us. It showed in our pictures! She captured us completely and without being demanding of our time staging the photo. She is great at letting the natural moments happen and framing the photo in a beautiful way at the same time. Last minute we decided to ride in on horseback to the ceremony and she adapted to the change without the least bit of trouble! She was a good sport when we decided to ride the horses all the way through town too, she kept up and took beautiful photos the whole way. Both of our siblings are photographers so we have pretty high standards and Erin far exceeded them - she puts a lot into her work and we couldn't be more thankful to have her on our wedding day.