Elegant Occasions by JoAnn Gregoli Reviews

38 | New York, NY

38 Reviews for Elegant Occasions by JoAnn Gregoli

Michelle Hearn · Getting married on 04/02/2022

Best Planner Ever!

JoAnn was an integral part of our daughter's out of country wedding! She was available for us and professional through out the journey making this day so special. Would would recommend JoAnn to anyone!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Shannon O'grady · Married on 04/11/2020

JoAnn Was Our Best Wedding Decision!!!

JoAnn and her team are simply the best. After getting engaged, I promptly started planning my wedding on my own. When I first came to JoAnn I was stressed, confused and overwhelmed. Between working full time and scouring Pinterest for hours on end every day to try and determine my personal vision, I was exhausted and discouraged. I did not know where to start and I was feeling anything but confident in my planning abilities. I knew I needed professional help, but I didn’t know where or who to turn to. From the first call I had with JoAnn I knew she was the perfect fit, from that moment on wedding planning went from a taxing process to seamless, enjoyable and fun. JoAnn is an incredible professional and person. She makes her clients feel as if they are her only priority, she is honest, hardworking, diligent and trustworthy. JoAnn maintains constant contact with her clients throughout the entire process. Her top priority is to make sure the bride and groom’s wedding day is the best day of their life. And I can say our wedding day far exceeded any expectations I had. I walked into our venue before the reception and I couldn’t help but tear up. It was simply my fairytale brought to life.

JoAnn became my lifeline throughout the entire planning process and as I called her our “Mama Planner”. She is a true gem; she is so easy to work with and manages to make what seemed impossible, possible.

When planning a wedding plans can change suddenly and of course at the worst times, obstacles are inevitable and things will go wrong, but with a smile on her face JoAnn figures out a solution to every bump in the road no matter the size of the bump. When I arrived at the church the night before my wedding for the rehearsal, I found out the priest wasn’t going to make it to the rehearsal due to an unforeseeable circumstance. JoAnn did not flinch and she calmly announced to my wedding party of 9 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen that the rehearsal was still going to take place. She stood in front of the church and JoAnn the wedding planner became JoAnn the priest. JoAnn can really do it all. No vision is too large for JoAnn to execute. She was the best decision I made when it came to planning my big day.

Sent on 02/22/2020

Jeanette · Married on 09/01/2018

We are from NJ and we decided to have a destination wedding in France. We researched a few wedding planners. We interviewed some from France and others from around Europe. We then got into contact with JoAnn and immediately connected over the phone. She understood our vision. It felt right.

She made the entire planning process as stress free as possible. When we hit obstacles, she was there to solve the problems, and more importantly, made us feel like everything will be okay. The day of our events, we were able to be present in the moment and enjoy our company because she was there. She made it all happen and coordinated EVERYTHING. JoAnn allowed us to experience our wedding day as genuinely and present as possible. We are forever thankful for her!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Chloe · Married on 02/03/2018

JoAnn and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with over the year that we planned our wedding. She is incredibly organized and kept us all calm during both very exciting and stressful time! My family and Fiancee looked forward to our meetings with JoAnn as she kept us all on track to making our vision a reality all while being mindful of budget considerations. The final product on our wedding day was exactly what we wanted and beyond. Everything went seamlessly throughout the wedding weekend thanks to JoAnn and Elegant occasions!! I would highly recommend working with JoAnn to anyone!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Shir · Married on 10/15/2017

I loved working with JoAnn over the past year! She was so in tune with what we wanted, and was always available. We planned our NYC wedding from California, which I was worried would be a big challenge, but JoAnn made sure it was a non-issue throughout the whole process.

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

My fiance and I thought we could try to plan our wedding on our own, boy were we wrong! When the stress became too much I reached out to JoAnn based on a recommendation. She was amazing every step of the way! She calmed me down when I was super stressed and took care of all the odds and ends that didn't occur to me. Dena and Marissa on the day of were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! They took care of everything and made sure the day and night were perfect.

Sent on 10/28/2017

christopher · Married on 08/31/2017

Joann was such a pleasure to work with this lady knows her stuff! No task was to big for execution was impeccable's she's very personable with an amazing energy to be around she brings such joy to the world thanks so much Joann for everything. You're the best

Sent on 08/08/2017

Diba · Married on 08/19/2017

Honestly don’t know how we could have gotten through our big day without JoAnn! We had a large wedding, a lot of moving pieces and 3 wardrobe changes (way too ambitious)! There was a lot to keep track of, and timing was EVERYTHING. She kept everything on the ball, coordinated more than I could ask for, made sure we were happy & fed, and most importantly kept me sane. I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Our day went perfectly thanks to JoAnn <3

Sent on 01/26/2018

Ciara · Married on 07/29/2017

Absolutely Best Planner Ever!! Wedding was Perfect and Everything that I imagined it to be. On the wedding day I was 100% stress free. My wedding was in great hands!!!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Bari · Married on 12/31/2016

A consummate professional... Detailed, calm and reliable!!! Look no further. We couldn't have been in better hands. Thank you for who you are and all you did for us.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Karina · Married on 11/25/2016

JoAnn is incredible at what she does. She is a wonderful person to work with because of her positive attitude and beautiful spirit. She has knowledge far beyond her years and openly shares every bit of it. I love working with her and plan to do so for a long time to come! I highly recommend that you look no further than JoAnn Gregoli!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Camille · Married on 11/12/2016

The best possible experience. JoAnn was wonderful to work with! She handled everything start to finish and made me feel comfortable. Coming from the event industry I know the importance of a planner and I never doubted JoAnn. She handled everything professionally and with confidence!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Barbara · Married on 10/08/2016

Keep a consistent line of communication open with JoAnn. She'll deliver. She was also sensitive to our budget. She also succeeded in working with the wedding venue to negotiate a most favorable rate from a less-than-accommodating caterer. (We were parents of the groom responsible for the rehearsal dinner and welcome party at an overseas destination.)

Sent on 10/15/2016

Linda · Married on 10/08/2016

JoAnn and Dena did such a fantastic job with our wedding which we just had on 10/8/16. They were with us from when we first started planning about a year ago and were one of the BEST decisions I made about the wedding. I could not imagine trying to plan the wedding or even manage the day-of without their experience and expertise. They were also very responsive to any requests or questions I had and always had time for us whenever we needed them. They also made sure we had things done in a timely manner and also made sure we covered all the necessary details (most of which we would have never thought of ourselves). Most importantly, they are both the NICEST people ever and so easy to work with. They made our wedding day completely stress free so we could just enjoy everything with our family and friends. Look no further - they are the best!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Julia · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough good things about JoAnn and her team at Elegant Occasions!! I knew she was amazing after she planned by sister's wedding earlier this year; however, for our destination wedding in Bermuda (October 8, 2016) JoAnn went above and beyond.

JoAnn truly became a part of our family during the planning process, traveling with us on site visits and negotiating with the hotel and vendors on our behalf. Not only is she a true professional in this business with the best contacts, but she will work tirelessly to create wedding of your dreams. If you are planning a destination wedding, there is hands down no one better than JoAnn.

JoAnn and her team handled all of the logistics for the 4 days of our destination wedding weekend and the entire event was a huge success!! She anticipated every detail and was always there to listen to me and my mom every step of the way and guide us in the best direction. She is patient, knowledgeable, and truly cares about and loves her clients.

JoAnn and Elegant Occasions are full-service wedding planners, from concept and design to execution. I can't thank her enough for planning and being a part of our perfect destination wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Chris · Married on 06/18/2016

I honestly don't think there is another wedding planner as good as JoAnn Gregoli! Her expertise is amazing - the wedding was enchanting and magical and everything we wished for and more. Her team of experts is second to none. She is friendly, loving, outgoing, caring and professional. I highly recommend her! She anticipates everything and anything and responds quickly. We never worried for a moment; we were confident in her abilities and she made our dreams come true.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Antonia · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't say enough good things about Joann. She wasn't just my wedding planner she was my friend. She was there for me the entire day of the wedding checking on everything to make sure everything was ok and she really came to bat for me when it came to some serious issues with the event venue coordinator. She really fights for you to make sure that your vision comes out the way that you want no matter what and if for whatever reason something can not be done she is honest with you. I can only imagine how great she is at destination weddings. I highly recommend her!!! Kiss Kiss Jo!!! XOXOXOX

Sent on 10/15/2015

If you are planning a wedding and wondering why you need a planner, I will tell you exactly why. Because the day of the wedding, there are thousand things that can go wrong and I can assure you on that day, you want Joann to be there for you. She helped me plan my dream wedding. From the start, she was very helpful. helped me find the best vendors. negotiated the prices to what my budget was. and got everything i wanted. she gave extremely helpful suggestions and showed me a lot of things i didn't even think about. she knows everyone in the business and she is always on your side. she finds the best vendors in your budget and they are all amazing. but she definitely shined on the day of the wedding. everything went as planned and even if it didn't i never found out and at the end everything was perfect. when i got stressed throughout the day, she gave me hugs, gave me suggestions and fixed the problem. the last three weeks, when everybody was freaking out whether the vendors will come together, she responded to my thousand emails and calmed everyone down. she definitely shines in the event of crisis. and she is always there when you need her. i will recommend her to everyone. she gave me my dream wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2015

lauren · Married on 04/25/2015

JoAnn Gregoli of Elegant Occasions is amazing! After interviewing many planners, my husband and I picked JoAnn because of her warm and personal approach. JoAnn is extremely organized, very experienced with destination weddings, and has great vendor recommendations.

She guided us in everything from picking our destination wedding location to perfecting the last moments of our wedding day. JoAnn can plan any type of event (corporate, private, birthdays, showers) in the U.S or abroad. If you want a personal, hands-on planner with years of experience, she is perfect!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Laura · Married on 04/18/2015

Joann is an incredible planner. She does not only bring to the table her amazing experience but she puts her heart into what she does. It is such a pleasure to work with you will not regret having her on your wedding team :)

Sent on 06/16/2016

Rachael · Married on 09/21/2013

JoAnn at Elegant Occasions is amazing! It was so great working with her, from our very first meeting we had an instant connection and I knew she understood my vision right away. I was a pretty creative/hands on bride with a million ideas but didn't know how to carry them out on my own, there were so many things I didn't know that JoAnn opened my eyes to. From her knowledge of our venue to her amazing vendor suggestions, to linens, to candybar to horse and carriage and so many other details, she was very helpful along the way! Her vendor suggestions were out of this world, we were absolutely in love with our florist, photographers and videographer. She was always very responsive on emails (I think I e-mailed her 10 times a day at least, haha!)

Day of, her and her team did EVERYTHING! I could not have made it through that day without her. There are so many little things/ behind the scenes details and dealing with vendors when it comes to weddings that you don't think about and she deals with all of it! I truly had my dream fairytale wedding and it wouldn't have been possible and come together so perfectly without JoAnn. I do not stop hearing from everyone I know that it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Sent on 10/22/2013

JoAnn of Elegant Occasions is an amazing wedding planner! She is an excellent listener and will quickly understand the type of wedding you'd like to have. She really knows how to take your visions and turn them into the wedding of your dreams! She knows the industry very well, and has endless contacts with each type of vendor. She is very kind and comforting to her clients, but she also knows how to effectively manager your vendors. On the day of your wedding, you will be a guest at your own wedding! JoAnn will coordinate all of the vendors and ensure that you're not worried or stressed. She will be in contact with your for several weeks after your wedding, to ensure you are happy and that everything is taken care of.

Other wedding planners were dismissive of me when I shared my budget with them, but JoAnn told me that we could make all of my wedding visions come true, and she was right! Her industry knowledge and vendor contacts are so robust, that she can work with any client and no request is too big or too small. I definiitely recommend JoAnn of Elegant Occasions as a wedding planner.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Carly · Married on 06/05/2013

I really can't say enough about Elegant Occassions or JoAnn. She is simply the best. JoAnn handles so many weddings and is in demand, but you would never know if from the personal attention and focus she gives you. She's more of a trusted family member than wedding planner! We changed directions many times with what we wanted to do , and each time JoAnn had options and had an uncanny ability to translate what we wanted into reality. We ultimately ended up eloping in Napa, and we could not have done it without her. My dress, hair, makeup, resort, photographer,all incredible and all booked because of JoAnn's magic. Any bride would be lucky to plan her dream day with JoAnn at her side. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/04/2013

shelley · Married on 05/11/2013

THere are no words to describe how much I loved working with JoAnn Gregoli, owner of Elegant Occasions. I interviewed a number of event planners and instantly knew when I met Joann that she was the right person to help me plan my daughter's destination wedding. She has a great demeanor and is well liked by all vendors. She listens to what you want and then helps make it happen. Planning a destination wedding has a great deal of challenges and she helped make the entire process much less overwhelming. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would recommend her without hesitation to anyone.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Evy · Married on 11/05/2011

JoAnn did a fabulous job helping me plan my wedding!! I loved working with her. She listened to my ideas and helped by adding her professional knowledge of the business. JoAnn's energy and upbeat attitude is so fun to be around. I recommend JoAnn to all of my friends.

Sent on 07/05/2016