Distinctive Video Reviews

35 | Reno, NV

35 Reviews for Distinctive Video

35 Distinctive Video Reviews

Karen · Married on 07/09/2018

My husband and I received our wedding video today and we are so grateful to Howard for the care and hard work he put into making it a joy to watch. So many couples say that they watch their wedding video once and never again and this justifies their choosing to bypass investing in capturing the memory in a video. I can honestly say that our video will be watched more than that and it's because of what Howard refers to as his 'labor of love.' He is a compassionate individual who loves to make a positive impact in the lives of others. Easy to talk to and down to earth...it will feel as though a longtime friend is shooting the video for you. He handled the background sounds (motor boats) very well and that includes the sudden gusts of wind that normally tamper with clarity of sound. Howard takes everything into consideration as if he were the groom himself and it was the most important day of his life. I'm NOT kidding! Although we paid for his services, he went above and beyond the call of duty to deliver his product and I can honestly say that we feel as though we got a great deal for what we paid. We feel blessed to know Howard and I now call him a friend that I wish to market in the community so others can have a similar recording of their special day. Howard was the first individual at our venue when we arrived and he was genuinely excited to be there and take part. His happiness eased my nerves and was contagious to all who were present. He offered suggestions on what to do/behave to help us relax and make the video unique. I could go on and on about this man but for now, I recommend him without so much as an inkling of reservation. Howard is the epitome of what it means to put passion into his work and I can assure you that the results will be evident in the final product. Thank you Howard! You are a blessing to so many couples!!!

P.S. We used Ciprian Photography as well as Rev. Dave Beronio and the three made an AMAZING TEAM!!!

• O

Omar · Married on 08/05/2017

These 5/5 ratings on this Web site do Howard's work injustice, as he is truly beyond 5 stars with regards to all of the above criteria. Not only is he extremely responsive, kind, professional, accommodating, but the final product (MASTERPIECE) created at the end is worth every penny. My wife and I high expectations as Howard had done an excellent job on my sister's wedding over 5 years ago. Despite those expectations, we were still blown away at the work he had put into our wedding's videography. The final video though only 9 minutes in length was somehow able to capture the right amount of each part of the wedding ceremony and reception... and this taking into account that our wedding was huge (at least in this part of the world) with almost 300 people and it was amazing to see how just about everyone was captured in all of the different scenes. As I have some background into music, I highly appreciated that the background music was appropriately attuned to each scene and transitioned well with the moments. Howard and his team had done a phenomenal job, and I apologize that the words from this review still cannot give a fraction of the amount of praise that they deserve. There is no doubt that my wife and I would highly recommend his services to any couple taking that next big step!

--Ana and Omar

Chelsea · Married on 03/20/2017

As a Wedding Coordinator in town, I have worked with many different vendors. Howard is great to work with! He is always very responsive to myself and my clients. I have not had any complaints from any clients about his work or his professionalism, in fact they all rave once they have received their videos! Even clients who were hesitant about hiring a Videographer because they didn't want it to "look cheesy" or be put into any "forced poses" were ecstatic about the results!! Howard gets all the shots he needs without being pushy or in the way! His pricing is VERY fair! I recommend him to most of my clients!

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2016

11/8/2016

Howard Coleman did amazing work for our September 15th, 2016 wedding. We felt so comfortable having Howard film our wedding highlights and documentary. Howard is very professional with his work and yet so easy to be around. I honestly did not notice him filming us and that is my favorite part!
    Thank you so much Howard!
    Cheers!!!
    Michelle Fawcett

Howard was so easy to work with and endlessly patient with us. He has such a sweet and warm disposition... you feel comfortable with him immediately. He did a great job on the highlight reel and was even willing to make changes for me after he'd already finished it. I haven't had a chance to watch the full length yet, but I'm confident it's going to be amazing. In a nutshell - Great guy. Great videographer.

Nancy · Married on 09/03/2016

Our experience with Howard Coleman and Distinctive Video for our son's wedding in South Lake Tahoe was excellent in every way. Howard was delightful to work with, replied quickly to my initial inquiry, and was able to take our event even though it was pretty last minute. We had lovely and productive conversations and correspondence as Howard explained the video process and gave me my options. And he did a fabulous job, the end result being a precious remembrance of this special day. The color and quality of the video are just beautiful. We immediately showed it to the groom's grandmother who could not attend the wedding, and she excitedly said, "It's just like being there!" We recommend Distinctive Video without reservation.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Distinctive Video's reply:

Thank you so much, Nancy. It really 'touched my heart' when you told me your main reason for having a video was for a 98 year-old- grandmother who couldn't make the trip. So glad she loved it!

Kaity · Married on 08/21/2016

Howard is very comforting and easy to talk to. He is very flexible and understanding. He also genuinely cares about his clients and who they are outside of the wedding mayhem! On top of all of this, his video work is truly amazing! We are so greatful to have our special day captured to look back on for years to come. Thank you Howard! Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Abbott :)

Sent on 11/14/2016

Distinctive Video's reply:

Kaity- thank you so much for a wonderful review! You and Tom 'captured my heart' being childhood sweethearts that are going to be together till you make that anniversary dance you mentioned with 50 years of marriage behind you. Congratulations to you guys!

SHERONDA · Married on 07/16/2016

Howard is truly a master of his craft. My new husband and I have watched our video so many times. Each time we watch it, we cry and we laugh because Howard put our story together so beautifully. Our family and friends love the video. The guests that attended stated that they felt like there were there all over again after watching it. The guests that could not attend were able to experience the emotions and joy of that wonderful day. Howard is so cool and laid back. He's so easy to work with as he gives directions to provide the best shots possible. At first, my husband was not sold on the idea of a videographer..."because we will have all of those photos". He admitted that he was glad I pushed the issue. He's watched the video more than I have. I wish I could post a short clip of our video to show how wonderful his creations are. If you want quality work from a professional compassionate about his work...Hire Howard. You will not regret it. Watching the video over and over again is worth every penny!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Distinctive Video's reply:

Wow!! You had ME crying reading your wonderful review . Thanks so much!! That cracks me up that your husband ended up liking the video- I told you. Kind of cool to have a film about YOU. Bless you guys, and wishing you all the best!

Lynne · Married on 06/18/2016

We have Howard on our Preferred Vendor List at The Landing Resort and Spa as we know that he will always be early, always be professional and always deliver a good product.
    I've known Howard for quite a few years in this wedding industry and know that our clients are in great hands when they hire Howard for their wedding. He goes above and beyond in making our couples feel special not only with his kindness, but with his knowledge of what goes into making a great wedding video. He is not intrusive, yet his work captures all those wonderful intimate moments that a couple experience on their wedding day. Five stars all the way to Distinctive Video Productions!

We are extremely pleased with the video! The work provided at the pre-wedding level, the event-day level, and the post-production was fantastic! As a cinematographer, I was very impressed with the work!

Sara · Married on 09/19/2015

Howard did a beautiful job with our video. He was super easy to work with and you barely knew he was video taping you, yet he captured all the special moments of the day. I would highly recommend Howard to anyone.

Kate · Married on 07/17/2015

Howard did an amazing job on our wedding video. My husband's parents could not make it to the wedding so the only way they could see it was to have it video taped. Howard did an excellent job capturing all the special moments. He is very easy to work with. I highly recommend him to anyone that wants to get their wedding on video.

Stephanie · Married on 07/11/2015

Given that Howard was a former teacher of mine, I think that it's appropriate to give him a grade of A++++! It was so wonderful working with him and appreciated all the time he took to help me plan. Not only is he an extremely talented individual, he is very kind and easy to work with. Our special day went by so quickly and Howard was able to capture it all for us. The final video brings me and my family to tears as it is so beautifully done---highlighting some special moments and including our favorite tunes. If you're ever questioning whether to add video in your budget, I recommend YOU DO and make sure you have Howard manage the process for you! Thank you Howard for giving us the opportunity to relive one of the best days of our lives over and over again!

Ellen · Married on 07/10/2015

Howard Coleman of Distinctive Video did a wonderful job for my daughter's wedding. He was extremely professional, friendly, flexible, hard-working and, last but not least, creative. Throughout the day, Howard was sensitive to my daughter's needs. He was understanding of the photographer who was also trying to get the best photographs of the event and they worked well together. His video package included 3 sets of 2 DVDs, 3 flash drives, and a "highlight" video. The highlight video's link was posted online and we were able to share it on social media for all of our friends and families to view. It encompassed all of the special moments of the wedding in about 7 minutes and I find myself wanting to watch it over and over again so I can relive the day one more time. The 2 DVDs included one of the wedding and the reception and the 2nd one included all of the speeches. We were able to give a set to the bride and groom, my daughter's in-laws, and keep a set for ourselves. We will cherish this video for years to come. Thank you, Howard!

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/05/2015

We were so pleased with our wedding video and absolutely loved the highlight tape. Howard was such a joy to work with from the beginning. He took the time to get to know my husband and me to fit the video to our personalities and style. We would definitely suggest choosing Howard to capture your special day. He is exceptional!!!

My wife and I were amazed at the quality of the final video! Howard and his crew captured our day in stunning HD quality, and beautifully edited our video into a compelling story. Our photos were nice, but not nearly as good at helping us re-live our wonderful day! To say the least, we are very thankful we decided to include a video in our budget. Advice for prospective couples: purchase a professional video (you will miss so much if you don’t), and contact Distinctive Video to make yours. Howard and staff were personable, he cared about doing a great job, and best of all, he delivered.

Justin · Married on 08/23/2014

Howard is a master of his art and the best videographer in the business. His easy going personality, ability to create the most unique video for the couple he's shooting along with his wonderful personality and affordability makes him an 11 on a 1-10 scale!! If you want a great video with outstanding memories, hire Howard Coleman of Distinctive Video, you will be pleased beyond what words can truly describe !!! Thank you for making our wedding day so special and giving us a gift and memories to last our lifetime!!! Justin and Haley

Wow, what an amazing reflection of our very special day, so touching and edited beautifully. I'm soo happy we made the decision to invest in a video and that we chose you to do it. The video captures a whole different viewpoint, memory and feeling vs still pictures. It's clear you love what you do as you do it so well, what a gift we have to enjoy and share with our loved ones! Thank you Howard, you captured soo many beautiful moments and the video is exactly what we wanted our wedding to be - meaningful , fun and touching.

Lindsey · Married on 07/12/2014

Initially we weren't going to hire a videographer, but we had a little extra room in the budget, so I started looking into it. My wedding planner referred Distinctive Video and we couldn't be happier!

After initially speaking with Howard, I was sold on NEEDING a video and he really worked with us to get a package that worked with our budget. (So many people I spoke with after my initial consultation with Howard all told me that they wish they would have hired a videographer for their weddings, so it definitely was an easy decision!)

We met with Howard prior to the wedding to be interviewed for voice-over bits in the video. He also discussed what he would do on the wedding day and how everything would turn out, showing us his editing process and some finished examples. He really made us feel comfortable with the entire process and outcome we could expect.

On the wedding day we hardly noticed the cameras and are so pleased with the outcome. Our wedding highlights video was done within a month of the wedding and was a great way to share our special day with guests that weren't able to attend and all of our friends on social media.

The full video is professionally packaged and was delivered timely. Howard even checked in to make sure we received it.

We couldn't be happier with our video and the great work Howard and his team did. He was incredibly professional and fun to work with.

The wedding day went by so fast, so we definitely recommend having a video of it all and using Howard at Distinctive Video to capture it!

Joni · Married on 07/11/2014

In addition to being a sweet, likeable guy, Howard Coleman is a truly gifted videographer. Howard had come highly recommended by our wedding planner and when we first spoke on the phone, we knew we needn't look any further. Opting for a complete package including the "Love Story" highlight, we first met with Howard at a breathtaking spot overlooking Emerald Bay to shoot some pre-wedding footage. He knew how to how to make us feel comfortable in front of a camera and he made it fun as well. Afterwards, we went back to our home where Howard sat and talked with us individually, asking just the right questions while he recorded our responses and integrated them into our most precious wedding keepsake! During the wedding itself, we hardly realized he was there, yet he managed to capture the most important events, and all of the little ones as well. We love watching our wedding video, it makes us laugh and cry, and helps keep the memories of that day alive. We treasure having this recorded piece of our history, and can't wait to show it to our grandchildren in years to come. Howard is a consummate videographer, a very gentle and kind soul with a killer instinct for capturing just the right special moments and bringing them to life. He has a true gift for bringing out couples' most beautiful stories, and crafting them into memories that will last for generations.

Ali · Married on 10/20/2013

It was my personal goal to seek out the one thing most brides regretted post wedding day. I quickly found that it was having a videographer. To be honest it never even crossed my mind. I decided to commit to it and I am SO glad I did. Howard was so kind and helpful and was sure to capture every moment that we wanted to relive. Just a short month after our wedding we received the video and spent a whole hour laughing and crying. It was priceless. We plan to watch it every year on our anniversary (and probably more). If you are a bride contemplating this... DO it. You can't relive the moments in photos like you can in video....

Andreas · Married on 07/22/2013

WOW **** Howard and his team were just FANTASTIC.
    *PERSONABLE**HONEST***CARING***THOROUGH***PASSIONATE***
    Our wedding video was one of the most important items to us (right after the bride:) Howard made us feel so special on our day. He was a natural around our family. He blended in easily and not only focused on what was important to us but he also figured out on his own intuition what we needed. For our family he spent extra time interviewing my wife's 90 year old grandparents which was a real gift to her. The final video was just breath taking. You can see it on his website (Edrich wedding). My family just loved seeing the video.
    If you have ANY questions on Howard and his awesome work PLS call me anytime 303-332-6529

Andreas and Heather Edrich

leah · Married on 07/19/2013

If your looking for a reliable videographer that will capture your special day then distinctive video is great! Aaron and I have absolutely no complaints but only compliments for Howard. Howard showed up on time and even left a little later than what was agreed on. We received our highlight video and it brought tears to our eyes. If you are debating on hiring a videographer do not debate anymore. It is worth every cent! The video brought back all the amazing feelings that we were feeling on the day of. Also, the day goes by so quick that you wont remember everything. Make sure you capture your special day on film so you can remember every second of your day. Howard was so great that he even posted a few pictures the day after the wedding so we could have a sneak peek of what was coming our way. Thank you Howard for helping make our day perfect!!! :)

Katherine · Married on 06/29/2013

Howard is so sweet and great to work with. He made it so comfortable that you didn't notice the cameras and he edited the video beautifully. I'm so thankful we have these memories to look back on and watch forever.

Cheryl · Married on 06/29/2013

We added this service late in our wedding planning so it was not in our original budget. It was the best money spent, and we have a wonderful memory now of our daughter's wedding! It's something that still photographs alone can't capture. Howard was wonderful and did an excellent job! He was kind, thoughtful and captured moments we wouldn't have thought of. We're so glad we decided to have a video made, and even more glad we hired Howard!