Details by Margaret Reviews

Details by Margaret 6
Details by Margaret 7
  • Jake

Jake · Married on 10/13/2018

Could not have asked for more

We want to first start with a huge "Thank you!" We were very naive about our budget and how much it would really cost us to get married in Nashville. Mary Jo was one of the only planners we talked to that was willing to work with us and help us to manage not only our expectations but the budget. She did such an amazing job in bringing us the best options and letting us make our own decisions.
    Couples always talk about how stressed they are with planning their big day. We can look back and tell everyone that hiring Mary Jo from Details by Margaret was stress-free. The amount of things for a wedding that MUST be touched, scheduled and executed is so great that the opportunity for error is huge. Looking back, there was NOTHING that went wrong or had to be changed and if it did... we as the couple didn't even notice.
    Thank you again, Mary Jo, for giving us the best day of our lives and we will be able to live our happily ever after with a perfect start!

Sasha · Married on 06/16/2018

Margaret and her team were the best!! I would 110% recommend Details by Margaret to anyone looking for a committed, kind, and extremely helpful team for a Nashville wedding.

We began meeting with her team over a year before our wedding. They were great at recommending vendors, fielding our various (thousands of) wedding questions, and bouncing ideas and themes around. We don't live in Nashville, and the team was super flexible about talking on the phone at all odd hours when we needed them. They also agreed to meet with us on weekends when we were down in Nashville wedding planning.

The week of, Margaret did a final walkthrough of our venue with me and helped with my pre-wedding jitters. She was SO organized and helpful. She even ran a few last-minute errands for us, and helped with all of our signs, programs, table numbers, and decor for the day. She was truly a jack of all trades!!

Margaret and her team did a FANTASTIC job on our actual wedding day. Everything was absolutely perfect, and there wasn't one minute that I was worried about anything because the team did such a good job at handling all of the details. Margaret did it all - she bustled my dress for me, ran out (twice!) for more alcohol when we ran out, and kept the general flow of the day at a perfect pace. We can't thank Details by Margaret enough for making our day so special!

Julie · Married on 01/28/2018

We were very lucky and very blessed to find Mary Jo and her staff to have as our wedding planner. Mary Jo took all of the pressure off us and took care of every detail. We feel that we have made a new friend because she walked with us through the entire process. She went above and beyond all of our expectations. She communicated with us via email, text and phone call on a regular basis. She answered all our questions and answered many that we had yet to ask. In the days leading up to our ceremony she made us feel like we were her top priority. On the day of our wedding, we were able to relax and enjoy our special day. For us, that was one of the most special gifts. Thank you Mary Jo and Details by Design.

Susan · Married on 10/29/2016

As a total Type A, I had a hundred questions for Margaret and Stacey when I first met with them. But by the end of our initial meeting, I had no doubt that Margaret and her team 'got me', and were the ones to turn my wedding ideas into a reality. They were SO responsive to every question I had. They anticipated needs before I knew I even had them. I felt so much weight lifted off me after I hired them, and they made everything so easy and effortless. They even helped save me money, by sharing vendors costs with another couple who booked our same venue the same weekend. Margaret and her team also did our flowers, and we were all thrilled with the results. The best compliment my friends could give me was 'your wedding was exactly like the two of you', and that's exactly what I wanted. And what I got with Details by Margaret. Thanks to the Details team for turning my wedding ideas into an incredible wedding reality!

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

By far the best money spent for our wedding! I cannot say enough good things about Details by Margaret! I had the pleasure of working with both Margaret and Mary Jo and both ladies were absolutely incredible to work with. They were so responsive (seriously, if you call or email them about anything, they will email you back within minutes) and really made me feel at ease about my wedding throughout the whole planning process. Their ideas are great and they really help you get what you want out of your own vision to make your day perfect. I had so much anxiety about the wedding leading up to it and they were there for me up until we left the wedding venue walking us through it every step of the way. Even after the wedding was over they've been tremendously helpful. If there's one piece of advice I have for brides out there - is to hire a wedding planner or at the very least a day of coordinator - and please! Don't make a mistake and hire someone else - hire Details by Margaret! We had the wedding of our dreams and it was all thanks to Margaret & Mary Jo.

Dave · Married on 07/02/2016

(from Father-of-the-bride) Use her! Let's face it, do you and your loved ones want to be scrambling the day before or day of your wedding with details? We forgot to order two boutonnières for the Uncles reading at the wedding. Mary Jo road, no problem and made two in about 2 minutes on the spot. That's just an example of the can-do attitude they have. We always felt like Margaret and her team were willing to help and field questions all along the way. And when my daughter started to be a little Bridezilla (just a little!) they just smiled and said "no problem!". Margaret also did our flowers for the wedding and reception and they were beautiful; just what we wanted. Her team also helped us put on an after party the next morning for 100 people and they ran to get 100 pounds of ice, set-up, cleaned-up, etc. all with a smile.

Melissa · Married on 06/13/2016

Margaret is a magician! She was able to read my mind and pull out exactly what I wanted and make it happen! Her team made my day effortless and stress free! They allowed me to relax and enjoy the day. They handled things I didn't even realize I needed to do and her team was able to provide a lot so I didn't have to work with a bunch of different vendors! And then they made sure everyone was happy the day of!

I was skeptical about having a wedding planner at all at first. I thought I could do it. No. Having Margaret and her team is one of the best decisions you can make when wedding planning!

Shandi · Married on 06/04/2016

Margaret, Mary Jo and the rest of their team were AMAZING! We absolutely could not have made it through our wedding day without them. A few weeks before the wedding, we met at the venue and they went over every single detail of how the day would go. When the forecast showed rain, Mary Jo made sure she had several different alternative ceremony plans. They did all the set up and arranged our flowers. During the wedding, they made sure everyone stayed on schedule and we were all where we were supposed to be. Afterwards, they did all the cleanup and waited for the tent and tables to be picked up. They literally took care of everything! I would 110% recommend them.

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2015

Margaret and her team were AMAZING! I can't recommend them enough!

Many of our guests commented on how the wedding reflected us as a couple. Margaret took the thoughts and ideas we had in our minds and made it happen (and all within our budget!) Not only that, we didn't have to worry about a thing on the wedding day other than being at the venue. The whole process was so laid back and stress free. Margaret even did all of our flowers, which were BEAUTIFUL! Just stunning.

During the ceremony and reception, Mary Jo made sure everything flowed--from the family photos and the first dance, to making sure we had water and beverages when we needed it! We were taken care of! We were able to fully enjoy our wedding day moment by moment.

Thank you all!!!

Kimber · Married on 09/19/2015

I am a firm believer that Margaret is the best wedding planner in town! She and her team made our day perfect. Their attention to detail, passion, and professionalism was more than I could have ever hoped for. They were able to bring our vision to life and I will be forever grateful for her help. They cared about us and our big day and were truly excited for us. They made the entire process and our big day easy and that is priceless. I cannot recommend her enough to anyone looking for help on their big day!

Margaret · Married on 05/09/2015

Not only has it been a joy to work with Margaret Tolbert as a member of her planning team, but beyond thankful to have her help at my own wedding. Margaret goes the extra mile to make everything perfect on your special day. She is not only a planner, but becomes a friend through the whole process. I would recommend her to any and everyone!

Lesley · Married on 03/21/2015

Details by Margaret was exceptional! I cannot say enough about Margaret and her team. Our wedding day was seamless and nothing short of perfect. Not once during the day did I have to lift a finger or worry about any details. She knew exactly what I wanted and the day was executed beautifully. I would hire this team again 100 times over and would recommend them to anyone planning any major event.

Any event I plan in the future, I know who I am using. Margaret and her team are top notch. There's nothing else to say. Hands down, best in the business. You can't go wrong with DBM.

• User3196696 · 2+ years ago

Margaret was absolutely amazing!! She was so easy to work with, flexible, helpful, always available if I had any questions. She made sure everything wAs set up and decorated exactly how I wanted it!! There were last minute things I needed, and without hesitation she provided them. At the end of the night, she made sure all decor, gifts, food, cake, etc was in the right car to go home. I had no time to think of these things and other things, and Margaret did an exceptional job making sure all was done. She was definitely one of the best decisions of my wedding planning I made! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner, day of coordinator, decorator, etc!!!!

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

Margaret and her Team were an amazing help for our wedding! Even our bridesmaids and groomsmen were impressed with how quickly they would diffuse any issues on the day of our wedding. If you spend any money on your wedding planning-- consider using Margaret and her team! She will help you stay cool and collected!

Lynsie · Married on 05/03/2014

Margaret and her team were a dream to work with! They kept me on schedule, on budget and really allowed me to experience the wedding planning process without all of the stress everyone else talks about. I highly, highly recommend them!

Claire · Married on 04/26/2014

Margaret and her team are absolutely amazing! Margaret is a real lifesaver. I do not know what I would have done without her help. Even when things got hectic she still managed to keep everyone and everything organized and together. If you are even considering an event coordinator, I would highly recommend Details by Margaret. Very professional, organized, and had such quick responses to my many questions.

Courtney · Married on 11/02/2013

My flowers were wonderful. The decorations were great and Margaret stayed under budget.

Kathy · Married on 10/26/2013

Margaret was an absolute dream to work with! Very responsive to emails. Worked well with my mom who lives out of state. All of the vendors she recommended (catering, cake, photographer, etc.) were amazing. Found us the best wedding band ever (Don Gallardo and How Far West). Took in all of my ideas for decor, and turned them into a beautiful masterpiece. Everything went so smoothly, I never had to worry. I got to spend my big day relaxing and enjoying every moment rather than stressing. She really did take care of all the Details!

Natasha · Married on 07/06/2013

Margaret was such a great wedding planner! She took all of our visions and bought them together with beautiful decorations. Not only was she a great planner, but she was the floral designer as well. We picked out flowers and she designed them exactly how we wanted. We had a venue that required Margaret and her team to "flip" the room from the ceremony to the reception. Let's just say that you wouldn't have even known it was the same room. Guests did not have to wait long and they came back to a transformed reception space in awe. All in all, our wedding would not have went the way it did without Margaret. She kept up with the numbers from vendors and helped us stay on budget by finding cost effective ways to implement our ideas. Margaret is very organized, comes with many ideas and to top it off she has a happy spunky attitude! She is great at what she does!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

Margaret and her team did an awesome job not only on my wedding day, but in the months leading up to my wedding. And in those stressful months, that extra crutch is very helpful! We hit a few hiccups along the way during my planning process (the venue canceled, I had to find a new florist, etc.) but Margaret was right there to offer suggestions on new vendors and, of course, everything ended up being great!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 07/21/2012

Details by Margaret made our wedding perfect, even on a small budget. We received so many compliments about the wedding being completely "us", which is exactly what we wanted. Our decorations, our vendors, and our vibe were all beyond perfect. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything they did leading up to and on the day of our wedding.

Meghan · Married on 05/12/2012

I can't begin to tell you how amazing Margaret and her team are! My wedding was amazing! Margaret is so professional and organized! She took the ball and ran with my ideas and they all turned out better than I could have imagined. I couldn't have done it without her and I would recommend her to anyone!

Lauren · Married on 05/28/2011

Details by Margaret is a Blessing!!! She always has a smile on her face and is very excited during the entire planning process. She took our vision and exceeded our expectations! Every "Detail" was perfect! It was very well organized. The wedding and reception ran smoothly without any mishaps. Attendants of the wedding are still talking about how beautiful everything was and that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Not to toot my own horn because it was our wedding, but it was the best wedding that I've been to as well! Margaret and the Details team did a great job decorating and bringing everything to life! If we had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!!! It was everything we imagined and more! Details by Margaret was money well spent! Thanks Margaret!

• Laurie

Laurie · Married on 04/16/2011

Margaret and her team were absolutely amazing. She really knows how to bring the bride's vision to reality. They were prepared for every hiccup and helped everything run smoothly. In hindsight I can't imagine how I would have pulled this off without Details By Margaret. Engaging Margaret to provide my floral and wedding coordination services was the best use of time and money! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Details by Margaret.