CJ's Mobile DJ and Entertainment Reviews

32 | Boise, ID

32 Reviews for CJ's Mobile DJ and Entertainment

Caitlyn · Married on 06/16/2018

If you havent used Clancy's DJ services already you are truly missing out! I wont be using anyone else but him! He sure knows how to bring a party to life!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jess · Married on 10/07/2017

Best party of my life! Clancy was far more than an excellent DJ & MC. He helped me and my (now) husband talk through our expectations of the wedding for each other and really helped us think through every detail. He also looked over all the toasts and gave some really valuable feedback - they went so well. Everyone laughed until they cried at some of them.
    WE loved him. Thank you for being the best part of our wedding. We will remember that night forever!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Adrienne · Married on 09/01/2017

Clancy was a great choice for us! He made it easy on me and let me give him a few genres that we liked and he created a playlist for us (who has time while planning a wedding to sit there for hours and make a playlist.) The form he gave us before the wedding was helpful in choosing songs for certain events during the ceremony and reception. He's really laid back and professional and made our ceremony/reception flow perfectly! My mother wasn't sure we needed a DJ but she is glad we had one after the fact! He is worth every penny and we are so happy with our choice!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Shantyl · Married on 05/13/2017

We were referred by our friends to use CJ's Mobile DJ. Our DJ was Clancy. He was awesome. He played all of our requested songs, and he listened to our guests when they requested songs. He was there early to set up, and made sure everything looked good and was working right. He met with us about a month before the wedding to solidify details. He was super personable, fun, and knew how to get people out on the dance floor. Our first dance was choreographed, and Clancy filmed it with his cell phone and sent it to us after! We even had a detailed introduction for our wedding party, and he really got into it, making it entertaining for everyone! Clancy is amazing. We highly recommend CJ's Mobile DJ!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Donna · Married on 10/25/2016

So glad that we ended up going with CJ! So great to work with, always returned emails and phone calls quickly. He was also super helpful with planning the flow of our wedding. It was a perfect night! Thank you so much

Sent on 10/25/2016

Keri · Married on 08/13/2016

Run...don't walk to hire the team at CJ's Mobile DJ. We hired Clancy to DJ our daughter's wedding and reception October 22, 2016. Ed was so nice, professional and really wanted to make our daughter's wedding day the best! From the pre-ceremony music to the last dance... Clancy and his team made sure everything was wonderful! His experience in the business and his ability to read a crowd will really impress! Our guests were up and dancing.....they delivered! If you are on the fence on this....do it!! The venue was transformed and simply stunning. Clancy and CJ's Mobile DJ made our daughter's wedding day truly special. Thank you!! You are the best!! Keri J.

Cameron · Married on 07/16/2016

CJ the DJ helped make our wedding memorable. Their professionalism, attention to detail, and quality of service makes them stand out from any other company we have used in the past. Their website was user friendly, thorough, and helped to capture the vision we had for our wedding. The music choices were perfect. We would definitely recommend their services to others.

Kim Marie · Married on 07/02/2016

Extremely impressed with the great level of customer service and professionalism before and at the wedding! Questions sent via email or voice mail all answered promptly. The DJ at our ceremony (Clancy)really got the crowd involved and everyone had a great time, to this day we still get great compliments about the DJ. Thanks for making our special day that much more special!!!!

Nikki · Married on 07/01/2016

I can not begin to express my feelings about this company! Absolutely amazing on every single level. From the very start they have been nothing but professional, energetic and friendly! They go above and beyond! My guest were blown away by the music, slide show, and the set up! Thank you so much! I highly recommend them, my wedding would no have been what it was with out them!

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

We absolutely LOVED working with Clancy. I was very stressed about my wedding in general, I wanted everything to be perfect! He was so wonderful in helping me navigate the planning process, and communicated so clearly how he was going to insure a beautiful wedding day. The sound and his MCing was wonderful, the dance floor was packed for 2 hours straight. Thank you for making the Carter/Johnson clan party a blast!

Abby · Married on 06/10/2016

Working with Clancy was one of the highlights of our wedding planning process. First, Clancy is extremely professional. He responds to emails quickly and asks all the right questions about your venue, day of timeline, etc. It's obvious he's used to working with stressed brides, because he has a great, calming presence that makes you feel like you're planning the best party ever. Clancy made it feel like the best party ever. Our dance floor was full the entire reception, and I think there can't be a better DJ compliment that that. The day after the wedding we received so many compliments on the music, and that's because he mixed our favorite songs seamlessly with his own selections. He's also very good at reading the room and knowing when to take it up a notch. These guys are amazing, and really made our night fun! Highly recommend!

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2016

Clancy Johnston and CJ's Mobile DJ team was absolutely the best choice for our special day. They consistently went above and beyond to make our day perfect. Planning in advance was so easy and execution on day-of was just as we had discussed. If you are in the Boise area, I would say CJ's Mobile DJ is a must for your wedding!

James · Married on 05/14/2016

We booked Clancy after he did my cousins wedding. We booked they about year before our wedding date and stayed in contact the entire time. CJ's mobile DJ was unbelievable and truly made our night. Easy to work with, friendly, and honest (not easily found while planning a wedding). They exceeded our expectations and put on a great show.

Caroline · Married on 04/16/2016

Our wedding DJ, Clancy, was perfect! He was so easy to work with and made special adjustments at our request, to make our day personal to us. Our wedding guests commented on how great our music was and how good Ray was at getting the crowd going. I wouldn't of changed a thing! Thank you Caroline and Eddie

Megan · Married on 02/06/2016

We hired Clancy as our DJ after seeing his skills live at a friend's wedding - easiest decision on a wedding vendor! Not only is Clancy an extremely talented as a DJ, but he is professional, friendly, easy to work with, not cheesy in his musical selection and announcements, and was there very early to setup for the wedding and make sure everything was working well. We initially gave Clancy very little direction on what type of music we were looking for (since we had so much trust in his abilities :) ), but we still appreciated him checking in thoroughly with us before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page. The day of the wedding, Clancy is the reason everything stayed on schedule (we didn't have a wedding coordinator). We didn't have many formalities, but he was there making sure our friends knew when they were giving toasts and that we knew our first dance and cake cutting were coming up. We wholeheartedly recommend working with Clancy. Thanks, Clancy!!

Casey · Married on 12/31/2015

We had the best experience with CJ's Mobile DJ! The DJ really is the life of the party! Thanks to CJ we had the time of our lives dancing the night away. If you are looking for a spunky, hilarious and interactive DJ for your wedding, Clancy is the man! All of our family and friends are still talking about how much they loved him and what a party he put on! We couldn't have chose a better company and DJ for our wedding! I recommend CJ's Mobile DJ for any occasion! Thank you for making our day SO memorable!
    The Ross's :)

Kerry · Married on 10/17/2015

Clancy was the perfect addition to our wedding day. He brought a lot of life to the dance floor and we continue to receive compliments that our wedding is one which people have never seen so much dancing. Prior to the wedding he focused on the music that we really wanted and asked the right questions to pull off the perfect mix for night. His style and presence will be a welcomed memory in your special event as well. Without a doubt I would recommend Clancy to anyone looking for talent like his. Thank you Brian for sharing your gift with us, our family, and friends. You are The Man!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Ashlyn · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I hired DJ Clancy from CJ's Mobile DJ for our October 17th wedding. From the start he was incredibly responsive, organized, and professional. We really enjoyed our planning meetings with him, and he always had great suggestions. We didn't really know what we were doing in terms of song selection, so he basically walked us through it to ensure it was a great event. He definitely has the voice of an epic DJ, but not in a cheesy way. He got all of the songs we picked just right (I've heard some horror stories about other DJs); and the entire wedding ran smoothly. We heard countless times from guests about how great he was, and how much they enjoyed the music. THANK YOU DJ Clancy for helping make our wedding so incredible! We will recommend you anytime we get the chance!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Jess · Married on 08/14/2015

We had a great experience working with them on our wedding. He was almost an adjunct wedding planner. Very organized and helpful on all parts of our wedding! Sharp kid.

Sent on 01/24/2016

Allison · Married on 08/08/2015

Speaking as the mother of the bride, i couldn't have been happier with CJ. He was the best! The dance floor stayed packed from the minute he opened it up until the couple was ready for their last private dance. He was very flexible and just kept the party going-which is exactly what we asked him to do!! Do not hesitate to book him!! you will not regret it..!

Rebecca & Zack · Married on 07/18/2015

CJ's Mobile DJ probably saved my wedding day from a potential disaster. I had another DJ lined up, but was feeling really uncomfortable due to some red flags experienced along the way. A month before my wedding, I decided to switch to Clancy with CJ's Mobile DJ and it was the BIGGEST relief! We knew that they are extremely reputable and professional, but Clancy was a breath of fresh air. He took the time to check out my vendor's websites, learn their names and recognize the names/faces of important people in my wedding. He was on top of my playlist as I was adding, was attentive and responsive. He did exactly what he said he would WHEN he said he would! The music was great and he worked with me to plan the flow of the reception. (All within a month's notice) Highly recommend Clancy! - Rebecca & Zack

Alice · Married on 06/27/2015

My husband and I hired CJ the DJ for our wedding In June 2014 at Redfish Lake. They were professional and easy to work with. We hired them to DJ our ceremony and reception. Jay had my guest dancing all night and played great music that made our guest head to the dance floor. Our guests had a blast dancing the night away. We personally spoke to Clancy every time we had a question or concern, a very great person and friendly. He explained the process of his planning forms, helped us pick out music for our day and gave him an idea of what kind of music we wanted at our wedding. My guest kept complimenting on the great music he played. Thank you Clancy for making our wedding a great night, our feet paid for it the next morning.
    - Alice and Joe Bornella

Rachel · Married on 08/23/2014

During the wedding planning process, I had the potential to be a control freak, micromanaging bride (and drive myself and everyone crazy). I anticipated having to do all the leg work, even for my vendors, just so it would be perfect. BUT! The minute I met Clancy, I knew I could just sit back and enjoy the process and obviously, enjoy the party! I immediately lost my feeling needing to control everything, make my own playlists even. These people are PROFESSIONALS! I felt so comfortable with the staff and confident about their capabilities and choices that I just let them do their jobs. And they did an excellent job! The planning process was very easy and fun with them (the online portal to manage payments, requests and timeline is great) and most importantly, our wedding day was flawless with Clancy's help! He was fabulous. He helped to execute a surprise entrance for my groom, gauged the party perfectly and got everyone dancing, and helped make the day truly memorable. Thank you Clancy and the CJ's mobile DJ team! I can't wait for my next party to have you guys out again!

Hillary · Married on 08/01/2014

Clancy was an amazing DJ. We had a list of requests from our guests and he was able to incorporate all requests into the evening. He was extremely friendly, professional, and accommodating. I would highly recommend him and his company to anyone looking for a great DJ.

TARA · Married on 07/05/2014

Extremely professional and easy to work with. Clancy may be young but very experienced. Clancy helped MC too! Best price we could find and exceptional service, I'd give him more than 5 stars for value if I could.

Sent on 10/19/2015