Cherished in Hawaii Weddings Reviews

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 5
  • Sarah

Sarah Goette · Married on 09/29/2019

Wedding at Ocean Garden, Paradise Cove

Mina, Leah and Jayvee were so patient with us. We talked over everything, they gave us ideas whenever we ran out of any more. They kept us on time and within our budget (a little under budget actually) :)
    We did not have to worry about forgetting anything and they guided us through the event. We did not have to think about the next steps nor the timeline. That way we were able to fully enjoy our wedding. Our day was so perfect! Thanks to the team! We recommend them to everyone who would like to celebrate a special event in Hawaii.
    Mahalo

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 10
    Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Lea

Lea Morgia · Married on 09/19/2019

Cherished in Hawaii wedding of our dreams !

I can’t thank you enough to these amazing wedding planners for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Jermaine & I are from California, so I knew that planning our wedding wouldn’t be easy if I did it on my own. Shout out to Mina, Leah & Jayvee for keeping me sane through the whole process! We opted for the full coordination service since we didn’t live in Hawaii. From the very beginning, I spoke & emailed Mina regarding budget, venues, vendors and ideas. We had a little over a year to plan the wedding and Mina was great w/ responding & gave us many options. Jayvee handled the wedding decor & our wedding vision board, I’m so thankful because she was very patient w/ me and helped us save money where we could. Because we had ample time to plan the wedding, I really didn’t worry or stress too much up until 2 months before the wedding and that’s when I was introduced me to Leah. Leah is the timeline coordinator, she goes over EVERY detail of the wedding. With a little over month before the wedding, we spoke to Leah on the phone for almost 4 hours.. she went through EVERYTHING. Day of the wedding, everything went so smooth! It honestly didn’t hit me until my MOH pulled the car up to the venue where Leah met up with us and offered to get me a drink to calm my nerves. My husband also coordinated with Leah for a surprise number during the reception. These women are a godsend and if I could relive this day over again I would because it really was the best day of our lives. My only regret is that we didn’t get a picture with them on the day of. CIHW thank you so much for everything, we couldn’t have done it without you guys! I’m so impressed & feel so loved by this team, you all have exceeded my every expectation for our best day ever. Aloha & Mahalo nui loa Cherished in Hawaii Weddings!

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 11
    Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Krys

krys Good · Married on 06/28/2019

I highly recommend

The Cherished in Hawaii Weddings team was amazing! I planned our wedding from out of state which (as a bit of a control freak was tough ;) ). With a hectic work schedule and not a lot of time to plan these ladies really helped guide me through the entire process. They broke down each part -- sending me emails with links to the best vendors and allowing me to choose. It was SO helpful. On the day of the wedding, everything was absolutely beautiful. Also, the team is the sweetest and very professional. I really enjoyed getting to know them and I would highly recommend. Thank you for everything. Cheers!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • rhena

rhena · Married on 05/28/2019

Best Coordinators

Excellent service from Mina, Jayvee, & Leah! My husband and I had an amazing experience with them and they helped us make our dream come true. Every time I get to speak to them on the phone, they answered all questions & concerns that I had, they always make me feel at ease with all the stressful planning =) I wanted everything to look perfect. I was also on a tight budget and they gave me a lot of options to choose from.
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings, I cannot thank you all enough for doing such a great job. You all went above and beyond from planning to wedding day.
    If I were to get married again, I’d choose you all over and over again! Miss you all.
    Love,
    Rhena & Jayson I.

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Theresa

Theresa Romero · Married on 03/26/2019

Very professional and organized planners!

I am a Torontonian who was looking for an affordable wedding planner in Hawaii, that would make the process of planning a wedding 4600mi away go smoothly. Other planners I looked at required a minimum spend; one was $50,000 USD which was more than my initial budget. Fortunately, Cherished in Hawaii Weddings has no minimum spend. They were very respectful of my budget, even though I personally decided to go over afterwards because eventually I just said "YOLO!"

I'm so happy I found this whole team of lovely ladies from Cherished in Hawaii Weddings! Mina, Leah, Jayvee, and their assistant Taylor carried out my vision on my wedding day. I was going for a modern, tropical vibe which was exactly what I got! Although they all have different roles (Mina communicated with my vendors, Jayvee handled the rentals and was also my wedding day coordinator along with Taylor, and Leah was in charge of the timeline), they all worked in unison to ensure that everyone was on the same page with the wedding.

I was the kind of bride who was very involved (a.k.a. annoying and OCD lol), so I am very thankful for the ladies' patience with all my emails and questions, and especially the constant changes I was making. I know that must happen with many brides, but the team always remained professional and understanding.

Communication is extremely important especially with destination weddings, and the ladies always responded to my emails promptly with detailed answers. They also offered their personal numbers in case I needed to text or call them for more pressing issues, especially as my wedding date approached. They could tell that I am a very detail-oriented person and a perfectionist, so they ensured that all of my requests were addressed and executed what I wanted. Some brides do not know what they want, which is totally fine. That is why the ladies are there to help! The team still gave me a lot of great suggestions for the things I was unsure of, which was really helpful. They were also very honest with their opinions, which was beneficial in choosing vendors. They were able to share their past experiences with vendors so that I could make informed decisions. Through our communication, I gained full trust in them to ensure that my wedding would go as perfectly as it could. They also went above and beyond for me when it came to an issue that involved the wedding alcohol, so I can't thank them enough for that. It was a mistake that I had made, but they found a solution. They were definitely able to relieve the stress of wedding planning.

In addition to executing my vision, my wedding day was very organized. No one wants chaos on their wedding day. Jayvee, who was my day-of coordinator, made sure I stayed as on-track as I could along with all the other vendors and set-ups. My wedding day was indescribably more beautiful that I had expected, so I thank them immensely for helping to plan the best day ever! Even my guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever attended. My husband and I feel the same way, and we're not even being biased. I am so sad that my wedding planning journey has come to an end. I am glad that I was able to meet the lovely team and thank them in person. They are all so warm-hearted and passionate with their work. Any bride looking for an affordable wedding planner, or any planner for that matter in Hawaii should definitely book Cherished in Hawaii Weddings for an organized and perfect wedding day!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Sean Kim · Married on 02/22/2019

Thank You for the Perfect Day!

Mina, Leah, and Jayvee literally blew it out of the park for our wedding. We knew it would be a challenge planning a wedding a couple thousand miles away (from California) especially at venue like Lanikuhonua Cultural Institute but their experience and patience really made us feel at ease. They were able to refer us to an amazing array of vendors and pull off the look we were striving for on our big day. Most of our communication was done through email or phone since we are located in California, but that never gave us any hesitancy due to their professionalism and timeliness.

Mina - handled all of our communication with vendors and made sure any additional day of needs were taken care of.

Leah - on site coordinator that handled everything with ease and created a perfect wedding day timeline so our wedding party knew what to expect at what time.

Jayvee - handled all of the rentals/decor and pulling off the exact vibe and look we wanted.

There aren’t enough words to describe how perfect of a team they are. The compliments for our wedding have been endless and we can’t thank the Cherished team enough for all that they did before, during, and after our wedding. We honestly feel kind of sad that we won’t be communicating with them anymore now that our wedding has passed haha but we’ll forever feel indebted for all that they did for us.

Thank you CIHW team for making our wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Girlie

Girlie Doliente Quilloy · Married on 02/08/2019

Pleasant to work with and very professional.

Mina and the her crew where very responsive to our needs. The were very clear on what to expect on cost and services, they are on top of the schedule from the very beginning to the final stage of the event.

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 12
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 13
    Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 11/16/2018

Dream Wedding

The ladies at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings did a phenomenal job planning our wedding. I truly had my dream wedding thanks to Leah, Jayvee and Mina.

I live in California and I knew I needed help planning this destination wedding. I hired CIHW a year in advance and throughout the whole process, I never felt stressed out or apprehensive. They responded so fast to any questions or concerns I had. They also gave me great recommendations on every aspect of our wedding. The wedding day played out so perfectly and any hiccup was smoothed over so effortlessly by these ladies. For some reason I totally forgot to get a garter for the garter toss and these ladies were so creative and made one for me from ribbon I had from my send off streamers. I remember I was so nervous before the ceremony but with their help, I relaxed and had so much fun! The planners at CIHW are so organized, experienced, professional and kind. After seeing them in action at my wedding, I knew I made the right decision. The wedding was a huge success and came out better than I had expected. My husband and I will be forever grateful for their services and I believe they went above and beyond for us. If you are looking for wedding planners, you will make the right choice hiring these ladies at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings.

Sent on 12/15/2018
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Olcayto · Married on 10/18/2018

Amazing - best decision we made

The team made the day go so smoothly. A bunch and intelligent and helpful people. Weddings are apparently meant to be stressful, we never felt stressed. Highly recommend these guys.

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley Taylor · Married on 10/18/2018

Exceptional Wedding Planners

From start to finish Cherished in Hawaii were so easy to work with and kept on top of everything! I never felt stressed in the entire year we worked with them leading up to our big day as I felt very confident in CIH and that they knew what they were doing! They had loads of templates and sent you things to do throughout the planning process but never bombarded you with to much at once. They seriously are just amazing at what they do I cannot fault them for anything. In fact I had no idea how it would all look or all come together but it completely exceeded my expectations. Our day was absolutely perfect. Mina, Jayvee, and Leah handled different aspects of the wedding planning process. They were all exceptional at the part they played. Mina handled all the details, Jayvee did the design, and Leah did the timeline and ran the show on the day. It was awesome to see them in action on the day itself! My guests were amazed and kept saying what great planners we had. Leah was unbelievable and I know she does this all the time but she made me feel like a queen that day. I dont think I had to worry about anything, they literally had everything under control the whole day and night!

Also I spilled some balsamic on my dress, Jayvee saw and ran over, unzipped her little pouch and pulled out a tide wipe and cleaned it right up!! Was so great.. what a lifesaver! That would have been terrible if I had to walk around with a stain on my dress all night!!

I should also mention that we changed our whole layout the day before the wedding as the weather looked to be sunny and we decided to have dinner outside out from under the tent, and then make the tent for the dance floor and bar. They did this with a complete smile and who knows if this was difficult or not for them cause they made it happen seamlessly! Or at least that is the impression they gave us. So just complete professionals. Loved that flexibility. It was all about us and what would make our day perfect, not what might be easiest for them.

My guests also raved about the food!! They used the words “to die for” many many times! I would highly recommend the caterer they use. We were thrilled with all our vendors through Cherished in Hawaii and used all of theirs apart from we chose our own photographer/videographer. But we were happy with literally everything they recommended.

I will miss working with these ladies. They were so great. So all in all Cherished in Hawaii are an 11 out of 10. They were absolutely fabulous and you would be crazy not to hire them for your wedding.

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 14
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 15
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 16
    Sent on 11/04/2018

Leah · Married on 09/28/2018

I am soooo glad that I booked Cherished in Hawaii Weddings in helping us plan and organize our wedding. My main point of contact was Leah and she was very helpful, knowledgable, and organized. She helped to plan the timeline, organized my vendors, planned my rehearsal, and made sure that everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. I am so thankful to have had her on my wedding day!!! Definitely would recommend to book with Cherished in Hawaii Weddings on your special day!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Alina · Married on 08/18/2018

From the beginning, I knew that I wanted to hire a wedding planner. After doing some research and even meeting with a few planners, we decided to go with Cherished In Hawaii and we are so happy that we did! We worked with Mina in the beginning and she is such a joy to work with! She’s so sweet and patient and made things so much easier and less stressful for us :) Mina was very responsive and answered all my questions and offered great suggestions during the entire planning process!

As the wedding got closer, we met Leah who is just as amazing! Leah was our on-site coordinator for the day of the wedding and she handled everything so well! She was so patient and always seemed so cool, calm, and collected. Even if things didn’t go exactly as planned, we never noticed because Leah has a way of making you feel like everything is totally fine (and it always was because she handles things so well!!!) My husband and I were able to just relax and enjoy our wedding day to the fullest!!!

Overall, the entire team at Cherished In Hawaii is amazing! They truly helped bring our vision to life! Everything turned out perfect on the day of our wedding and we are so pleased with their services! If you are looking to book a wedding planner, then look no further! Mina and her team are definitely who you should go with!!! Thank you so very much ladies!!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Nikki · Married on 08/08/2018

Where to begin.... Mina, Leah and Jayvee with Cherished in Hawaii Weddings were absolutely incredible. As my husband and I are from Canada, we felt it made the most sense to hire a wedding planner... BEST.DECISION.EVER hiring CIHW. These three ladies made our planning so easy and stress free, and we could not put a price on that. Mina was incredible by working with us for nearly a year and a half booking all of our vendors, all of whom were phenomenal. Jayvee, she was so easy to work with when it came down to ordering our rentals and really did an excellent job in understanding what our wedding vision was and created the perfect inspiration board for us to envision what our layout would look like. And then Leah... our executioner! Leah had such an incredibly calming and warm personality during the day of our wedding and really ensured that any hiccups were taken care of, and that my husband and I were having the best day. We really do not have enough words to express our gratitude to these ladies for making our biggest day so incredible. CIHW offers incredible services at, what we felt, was an affordable price. These ladies work hard for their couples and we are forever grateful <3
    Love, Nikki and Josh

Sent on 09/19/2018

Lisa Do · Married on 07/22/2018

Thank you CIHW team!

We chose to go with CIHW to plan for our destination wedding. The team worked with us every step of the way from the day they took us on until our wedding day. We have them to thank for everything going so smoothly. What we enjoyed the most about CIHW is that they were quick with communication and made it very easy to plan a wedding in Hawaii all the way from Arizona. Thank you CIHW for helping us make our wedding dreams come true! It truly was the best day of our lives.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2018

If you are thinking about getting married in Hawaii, I highly recommend working with Cherished in Hawaii. Mina, Jayvee, & Leah are the absolute best! My husband and I are from San Francisco and it was great working with them even though we were thousands of miles away. They have great relationships with all the vendors that we chose and together they truly created a dream team! Our wedding was exactly how we envisioned and all our friends have been telling us --- "Best wedding we've ever been to". All I can say is Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Cherished crew!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Mahsa · Married on 05/18/2018

I honestly don't know how to say how grateful I am for finding the lovely ladies at Cherished In Hawaii Weddings - they were quick to respond to my often dumb questions (lol), they were understanding and so incredibly kind - they alleviated all of my worries (and nerves!). Didn't have to worry about anything during the whole planning process or on the big day and I can't thank Leah, Mina, and Jayvee enough! They are absolutely awesome!!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Emmie · Married on 04/07/2018

Absolutely love this team! From the initial meeting with Mina, to the day of execution by Leah and Jayvee, my wife and I felt like we were in good hands several months leading up to the wedding. In fact, we are sitting here now 3 weeks post wedding still so very happy that we decided to go with CIHW for their day of wedding coordination package.

Leah and Jayvee rocked out like rockstars on the day of the wedding. There’s way too much to list here, but from the beginning of the day until the end of the reception, Leah was ON TOP of everything and made sure that no matter what kind of obstacles we had that day – that the day would be a great one – and it sure was and exceeded both of our expectations. We’re still not sure how Jayvee decorated the entire reception so beautifully. We even joke around now saying that “If it was storming during the ceremony and the roof was burning down at the reception, Leah and Jayvee would still ensure the wedding was awesome with a smile on their face”.

If we had to do it again, we’d hire them no questions asked and would consider the full coordination package. From the both of us to the CIHW team – Fa’afetai Lava and Cam On Nhieu!

Sent on 04/30/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Mina, Leah, and Jayvee last Sunday for our wedding in Honolulu. To be blunt, they were absolutely amazing to work with.

I think it is important to explain that I began wedding planning as one of those people that said they absolutely could not afford to hire a wedding coordinator, and wouldn't need to because we were having a small non-frilly wedding. Meaning we'd have under 50 guests, and the look of our wedding would be very simple with nothing extravagant. It was a destination wedding for us, and as time slowly crept up I began realizing there were lots of factors I was forgetting. Who would make sure the DJ would know where to set up? How would I tell the photographer where to take pictures (as I had never been to our venue before)? Who would set up and clean up the few decorations we did have? I was adamant our parents and wedding party would not lift a finger, as they had already traveled so far to be with us. This is when I began looking into the idea of a Day of Coordinator.

Mina emailed me back quoting me a price and listing the services that came along with it. She was not pushy at all, which I loved, and somehow seemed so calm and friendly even via email. We hired them and started working directly with Leah, who is awesome! I emailed Leah with little things every other day or so and she got back to me super quick. We had one long phone meeting, and one meeting in person before the wedding and that was all we needed.

Our wedding was PERFECT! My husband (who was not immediately on board for a DOC) said that was the best money we spent.

Shout out again to these three amazing ladies. They are truly professionals, but connect with you as though you've known them for years. Bottom line: you need a DOC for your wedding if you want to be carefree and enjoy your day. Hire Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. You will not regret it! Thanks again ladies, we love y'all! XOXO Jake and Katie

Sent on 11/27/2017

Bec · Married on 10/14/2017

VERY BIG THANK YOU TO MINA, LEAH & THE CHERISHED IN HAWAII WEDDINGS TEAM!

My fiancé and I (now husband) are from Australia and always dreamed of getting married in Oahu after a family trip there three years earlier. We were really unsure how to plan our wedding from the other side of the world and when we first spoke to Cherished In Hawaii Weddings, we felt a sigh of relief instantly!

They knew the venue we loved, were so easy to work with via email and over the phone, offered great advice and made the whole planning process fun as they were organised and had great relationships with the top wedding vendors! Leading up to our wedding, Mina made me feel so comfortable, relaxed and absolutely stress-free!

Our wedding was only small with 37 guests traveling from Australia to Oahu, but Mina and Leah asked us so many questions to make it perfect and paid so much attention to what we wanted and how they could make it happen for us.

Words can't really explain how happy we both were on the day because everything was so perfect! Thank you for all the coordinating and behind the scenes running around to make it so beautiful! I had complete trust in Mina and Leah, their recommendations and advice so thank you for being so lovely and kind to work with!

All of our guests spoke so highly of the food, the set up, flowers and floral arch, the dance floor, Mark's ceremony and the overall organisation and running of our wedding day - so thank you both so much!!!

From the bottom of our heart, thank you to Mina, Leah and the team for making our wedding day so special for Jayden and I. You created our dream wedding and totally captured the style and vision of what we were after. We are forever grateful for the amazing wedding we had at the magical Lanikuhonua Cultural Institute and Hawaii will always be a special place for us and our families.

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 17
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 24
    Cherished in Hawaii Weddings 25
    Sent on 12/15/2017

Nadia · Married on 09/16/2017

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings made the wedding of our dreams a reality. We can honestly say that the day we connected with Cherished in Hawaii Weddings was the day that we stopped worrying about the planning process and became very excited :). Mina, Leah, and Jayvee had great attention to detail and placement, and always answered our questions within a day or two! They are also so sweet and fun to talk to! All of the guests kept commenting on how beautiful the set up was, and how smoothly everything flowed. Some even said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! We were extremely impressed with our coordinators' calm demeanor during the ceremony and reception, and how quickly they were able to transition from one segment to another. Cherished in Hawaii Weddings are true professionals demonstrating great experience with the intricacies of wedding planning and wonderful relationships with the vendors, and it is obvious they are passionate about their work. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for, and more :).

Thank you for our best day ever!
    Nadia and Noah

Sent on 09/26/2017

Maribel · Married on 09/02/2017

Mina,Jayve and Leah, You guys did such an awesome job putting everything together. It was such a beautiful wedding. Thank you for making it happen. Everyone had a blast and can't stop talking about how much fun they had and how beautiful the venue was and all the final touch that you guys created. Awesome team work. You guys are the best. We are happy with all that you did. Thanks again for making it all happen."

Sent on 09/08/2017

Jenna · Married on 08/18/2017

These ladies are the BEST! I planned my wedding from Kentucky and they walked me through every aspect and detail of the entire process. They not only created my vision flawlessly but they did it while staying in constant communication with me. Our wedding day was a dream come true and I know that wouldn't have been possible without them!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Amy · Married on 05/17/2017

We couldn't have planned our destination wedding as perfectly without your help. We highly recommend Cherished in Hawaii Weddings to couples looking for friendly, organised and overall great wedding planners. They took all the stress out of the planning process and we could truly relax and enjoy our special day. Our guests really enjoyed themselves and spoke highly of the team.

Thank you so much again!
    Amy & Sonny

Sent on 06/08/2017

Theresa · Married on 05/03/2017

Mina, Leah and Jayvee are a POWER TEAM. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. They have an amazing network of vendors who are all very professional and tons of fun! Everyone from our caterer, bartenders, DJ, rentals, venue, flowers, photo, video, were all chosen through Cherished. All of our guests were raving about the food and the drinks, and how beautifully everything was set up (this power team is also really thoughtful and creative!). Mina, Leah and Jayvee took all of our ideas and made them come to life and then some! Leah also helped with our welcome sign, and I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful it was! They were very on top of things and organized and such a pleasure to work with. On the days leading up to the wedding, we had several meetings and phone calls to make sure everything was lined up and ready to go. I loved each meeting with them because it made us feel assured and know that we were in good hands. I also really appreciated the sweet message that they sent the day before :) On the day of, everything went so smoothly and the timeline and timing of everything was perfect. It has been almost two months since our wedding and our guests are still talking about our wedding! We did not see our venue or meet with our vendors - everything was planned through Cherished in Hawaii. Choosing Cherished in Hawaii was the best expense of the wedding. I was so glad to have their help and cannot thank them enough :)

Sent on 06/18/2017

Jen · Married on 03/21/2017

Cherished in Hawaii Weddings is amazing for so many reasons.
    - They have an experienced, professional staff who responded very quickly to all my questions.
    - They have well-defined templates for determining vendors, colors, rentals, day of timeline, etc. so nothing gets forgotten. They also give you a good timeline so you know when you should have certain things figured out by. Things are spaced out, so it doesn't overwhelm you.
    - They have great relationships with the best vendors on the island. I had not met any vendor prior to the wedding, but everything was exactly as I imagined it would be or better. From the cake to the bar, the music to the venue set up, everything was perfect.
    - They take the time to understand you as a bride and how you want this special day to go and turn it into a reality. If I could give them more than 5 stars I would.

I wasn't nervous at all when it came to the big day, because I had CiHW handling everything. Carrie, Mina, Jayvee, Leah... I love you all so much! Thank you for all your hard work!

Sent on 04/05/2017