Catawba Country Club Reviews

34 | Newton, NC

34 Reviews for Catawba Country Club

Linda · Married on 12/21/2013

The wedding was perfect. The bride had unique requests and all were filled without hesitation and with great professionalism. Jacqueline Little was there every second to make sure all needs were met and everything was carried out as requested. The food was great and service as well. The club was decorated beautifully and made for such a special feeling of Christmas joy. We had not a single complaint...instead, many many compliments from guests. As stated, I can't say anything but 'PERFECT'!!

Absolutely beautiful venue; all staff were very professional, friendly and nice--they were happy to serve and it was evident that they goal was to please all guests with a smile and positive attitude; the food was delicious and served warm (not lukewarm); piano player was such a nice addition to the ambiance

Kim · Married on 05/10/2013

Everything was wonderful. Thanks so much! Kim Heck

E · Married on 05/03/2013

Once again you provided us with a wonderful rehersal dinner. The food and service were excellent. We last minute had some specific diet requests and your staff didn't miss a beat in making those accomodations. All we had to do was pick out a menu and you did the rest. Couldn't have been easier and less stressful.

• Kellie

Kellie · Married on 03/23/2013

Jacqueline was a true God send. She was always fast to respond to any question that I had. And not only did I have the most amazing customer service, the Country Club was a wonderful deal cost wise for our reception. It is wonderful to work with a place that does not charge you for every move you make or try to sell you on things that you don’t need. If anyone thinks high cost when they hear “country club” they need to think again. The venue is classic, elegant and very reasonably priced. Actually, much better than other reception sites in the area including those who are not country clubs.
    As a DIY bride on a tight budget, Jacqueline made sure that my vision became a reality and that I did not spend money on anything that was unnecessary. She was always fast to respond to any of my multiple questions and even had a back up when she was out of the office. Jacqueline was realistic to the actual needs of our reception and the voice of reason that I needed when I had family members trying to talk me into things that I really didn’t need. During those times of panic (like 5 people saying that they were coming three days before the wedding), Jacqueline kept me calm and told me not to worry as it would all work out since some people who RSVPd would not show up. And she was right. She has the experience to know what works, what doesn’t and the personality and honesty to keep you calm while explaining everything to you. She is a true professional and a pleasure to work with. I don’t know what I would have done without her!
    The entire staff at the Country Club were wonderful. Leading up to the wedding I knew what to expect and the day of the wedding they treated all of our guests like VIP. They even helped to clean up after the reception. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The buffet provides plenty of options for guests. We are still getting compliments! We had the reception of our dreams and we know it was all because of Jacqueline and the staff of the CC

Cameron · Married on 02/16/2013

Being able to work with the team at Catawba for our wedding reception was wonderful. Jacqueline, Becky, and Steven were a wonderful representation of what you look for in a venue and an engaged team that truly listens, meanwhile they help to provide the best available option to you. I highly recommend this facility and team. Their hard work and attention to detail are exceptional and were very much appreciated!

kim · event on: 02/08/2013

The atmosphere was wonderful, with great food and great service. You helped make our parents 64 yr wedding anniversary special. Look forward to booking again in the future.

kim · Married on 02/08/2013

The atmosphere and food was wonderful. The service was great! You helped make our parent's 64th anniversary memorable.

Lyn · Married on 10/06/2012

Our wedding reception was October 6th, 2012. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful the staff is at Catawba Country Club. Jacqueline had everything lined up perfectly, taking the stress off the bride and making everything PERFECT!!!! Love love love her and the staff!!!!

Karen · Married on 08/03/2012

Perfect location for a rehearsal dinner
    staff was professional as well as helpful and courteous to all needs
    the atmosphere was rewarding and enticing
    the menu provided was outstanding; choices were wide

Jim · Married on 06/23/2012

No complaints whatsoever. Food excellent. Cake excellent. Service excellent. Planning simple.

Stacie · Married on 03/17/2012

Jacqueline was SUCH a blessing. VERY helpful and especially attentive the day of the wedding. She stepped up so much. Responded promptly to emails and phone calls. Very professional and friendly. DEFINITELY a great value for everything-venue for wedding and reception and everyone loved the food! We are so thankful. CCC & Jacqueline were such a blessing!

Stacie & Brian

Nancy · Married on 12/27/2011

Jacqueline Little and the staff at Catawba Country Club were the grestest to work with. We had so many wonderful comments on the menu we selected. Jacqueline took care of everything and it was an evening we will always remember.

P · Married on 11/05/2011

Wonderful service...exceptional food...amazing attention to detail!

Angela · Married on 10/21/2011

Everything was perfect. We could not have asked for a more pleasant experience.

Kelsey · Married on 08/06/2011

I really enjoyed having my reception at Catwaba Country Club. They were very friendly and I was pleased with their service!

Jean · Married on 06/25/2011

The reception was an excellent deal for the money. The food was delicious and the club was beautiful. The staff couldn't do enough to keep everyone served and happy. This is my second daughter's wedding at Catawba Country Club. Will definitely use it again when my last daughter marries.

Amber · Married on 06/11/2011

Catawba Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding weekend. We had our rehearsal dinner, breakfast, and reception here. It was great. Jacqueline Little, the event planner at the club, was great to work with and very knowledgable about planning an event. She made sure that everything went as planned and she was really organized. She was easy to get in touch with and made sure that we had everything that we needed. Their banquet staff were also really great. They made sure our guests were taken care of and they prepared plenty of food. Catawba Country Club has some of the best food I've ever had...from breakfast to dinner to dessert. Everything was delicious. The pastry chef also did a fabulous job on our wedding cake and groom's cake, they were both delicious and looked great. All of the staff members were very professional and made sure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend Catawba Country Club for anyone in need of a venue for a special occasion.

Paige · Married on 06/11/2011

Jacqueline did a wonderful job coordinating the weekend for us! we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Lori · Married on 05/14/2011

Working with Jacqueline and the CCC staff was a wonderful experience. Not one single detail for my daughter's wedding reception was overlooked or forgotten. They helped create the perfect ending to the perfect beginning! Thanks, Jackie & staff! You are the best!

Sincerely,
    Lori Ward

Katie · Married on 05/14/2011

The staff at Catawba Country Club were all very professional and friendly and made my day more special and stress free than I could have ever imagined. Every time I turned around I noticed a member of the staff close by offering assistance to myself, my husband and my guests. I am still receiving compliments from my guests on the friendliness of the staff, the efficiency of their service, and the delicious food they served.
    I found it very easy to work with one of the staff members,Jacqueline, via phone calls and emails in regards to what ideas or questions I had for the day. Jacqueline was very flexible on the hours and days that she allowed me to visit the country club to test out my wedding decoration ideas and to get another peek at the rental space.
    I truly appreciate everything the staff did for me. I will highly recommend people book their receptions at Catawba Country Club.

Megan · Married on 04/30/2011

Jacqueline and everyone at The Catawba Country Club was absolutely AWESOME!!! They helped make Brian and I's wedding reception everything we could have dreamed of and more! I would recommended them to anyone!

Beth · Married on 08/07/2010

Jacqueline Little was easily accessible and helpful when planning the reception.

Sheri · Married on 06/19/2010

The people at Catawba Country Club were very professional and helpful.
    We would definately have an event there again.

CATHY · Married on 06/12/2010

EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM JAQUELINE. SHE WAS THE BEST, COULDN'T HAVE ASK FOR A BETTER PLANNER TO HELP ME WITH ALL THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE. SHE WAS RIGHT ON TOP OF EVERYTHING AN I REALLY APPRECIATE HER AS A FRIEND AND ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES. WHAT EVER YOU ARE PAYING HER IT IS NOT ENOUGH. TRUST ME SHE HAD HER HANDS FULL AT THE LINVILLE/STEPHENS RECEPTION.