Carolyn Celeste Weddings Reviews

25 | Virginia Beach, VA

25 Reviews for Carolyn Celeste Weddings

• Mildred

Mildred Stonecypher · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Hiring Carolyn was the best decision we made!

Carolyn was amazing. She is extremely organized and so much fun to work with? She seemed to know and have a great working relationship with all the vendors. She brings a very calming presence to what could very easily be a very stressful time. She went above and beyond to make my daughter's wedding day perfect! We cannot thank her enough!

Miriam Fedro · Married on 07/25/2020

Great! Couldn't have had a better wedding planner!!!!!!!!!

Carolyn Cox was the best person to have by our sides as we planned our daughter's wedding. She is sweet. She is smart. She is organized. She has a "calm" about her, during the often hectic time of planning a wedding... especially in the middle of the virus!!!
    We love you, Carolyn! Thank you for all of your hard work to make Paige's wedding just perfect!!!!!!!
    Miriam

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Miriam

Miriam Fedro · Married on 07/25/2020

Wonderful people to work with!! So organized and helpful with time lines!!!

Carolyn Cox was the perfect wedding planner. Her calm and positive demeanor was just what we needed at this very exciting, but hectic time of planning a wedding during a pandemic!

Sent on 10/23/2020

Paige Proctor · Married on 07/25/2020

A beautiful and stress free wedding, thanks to Carolyn!

Carolyn was so on the ball and FUN to work with too! We were always laughing and staying positive no matter what. Wedding planning shouldn’t be a chore or stressful, and it never once felt like that when working with Carolyn!

Sent on 10/24/2020
  • Aurora

Heather Fieldman · Married on 07/18/2020

Carolyn is Incredible!!!!

Carolyn went above and beyond for our wedding. It was not any easy one to deal with because of so many things going on and so many factors. Carolyn was helping work through things far beyond my expectations, she was talking to me way before the month of due to the unique circumstances. Carolyn covered every angle, and because of her preparing us, we were able to have our dream wedding. We were so prepared and she helped us to take measures so when the time came we could still have our special day. If it wasn’t for Carolyn our day wouldn’t happen. I highly recommend you hire her especially during these trying times. On the Wedding day, Carolyn was on top of everything and she was a true life saver. Her team made everything look so beautiful, they did a phenomenal job. Everything looked more amazing then we could have ever imagined and the day went so smoothly. Carolyn is the best out there and all the vendors love working with her, it’s a win for you and for them too! To top off our story, before dinner Carolyn came and grabbed us and said there was a surprise for us outside, and it was a giant rainbow over the ocean! Because Carolyn was so fast on her feet, we were able to get our most beloved picture by the photographer of us and the rainbow! We love you Carolyn!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Clayton Blair · Married on 07/12/2020

Fun and Attentive

Carolyn was absolutely amazing from the second we met her and super attentive throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. I have been in many many weddings over the years and knew for sure I would be stressed out on my wedding day but.. I just wasn’t because Carolyn helped make everything run smoothly. I cannot stress enough how pleased we were to work with her! Love her and would recommend her to anyone looking for a planner!

Jessica C. · Married on 05/09/2020

Simply put - amazing person and coordinator!

Carolyn is great! Her team is great! We cannot say enough good things about Carolyn. We knew right after meeting Carolyn that she would be the right fit for us - you could tell she loved her job, that she would work hard and be an advocate for her clients, that she would have fun doing it and make sure you as the bride and groom would have fun through the process, Carolyn will always put a smile on your face and make you laugh. When Covid caused us to change our wedding to a Micro wedding at a venue where we would be the first micro wedding, there were a lot of unknowns for not only us, but for the vendors and Carolyn did a great job at working with everyone to ensure that the wedding, although smaller in size and time, would still be an amazing day for us - and it was. Everyone in the wedding party (majority who were meeting Carolyn for the first time at the rehearsal) absolutely loved working with her and her team - all of whom exuded a positive and calming energy which you need on a day which can be an emotional rollercoaster. My husband didn't understand why we needed a month of coordinator until he realized all the work/details that went into the wedding and Carolyn is the person you will want by your side to help you through the process.

Sent on 10/12/2020

Alana C · Married on 11/06/2019

The best ever!

I cannot say enough great things about Carolyn and her team! They were FAB-U-LOUS! I was planning my wedding from the west coast, and Carolyn was really great and easy to work with. She captured my vision better than I could have imagined, and her thoughtfulness, attention to detail, and personality made it even better. Enjoy your wedding planning experience - call Carolyn! 🤗

• LeRon

Leron Lewis · Married on 09/28/2019

Makes It Happen!

I knew from the first meeting my fiancé was convinced Carolyn would be our wedding planner. I was quickly sold as well. Easy to work with, thorough and personable. But when it came to me wanting to surprise my fiancé, THE WEEK OF the wedding -she didn’t bat an eye. No surprise was going to throw her off her game. And that’s where she really shined helping to bring to life an amazing ice sculpture feature and making it happen while I was busy working and preparing for the wedding. And she really took it above and beyond surprising even me with additional small touches when it came time to surprise my fiancé. So grateful to work with Carolyn. Kept the evening moving. Attentive to details and even worked with my best man to make sure behind the scenes things happened without me worrying about it.

Stephen · Married on 09/28/2019

A class act and a heart of gold!

I knew from our first phone conversation that Carolyn would be my #1 right hand gal who was going to make my dream come to life. You could hear the passion she has for her career in her voice. My trust and respect grew with her when she spent nearly an entire evening with us discussing what we wanted before we had even paid her a dime or signed on a line. Over a 9 month planning period, Carolyn was always available to us for even the smallest of questions or a quick text message. Carolyn was so involved and passionate about the vision we had created and our details. I am a detailed guy and it is not easy for many people to keep up - and she never missed a beat. Carolyn provided outstanding recommendations, kept our planning process moving and ultimately made our night a complete success. Also, the combination of her and her husband, Shawn as DJ/Entertainment is one of the best things we could have ever decided for our event. Carolyn is a class act and you will be so happy to have her on your team, and to have her as part of your memories for your big day! We truly have a new friend after this!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2019

Carolyn is so professional and makes wedding planning and day of stress free

After having to cancel our wedding 3 times Carolyn stepped up to help us create our perfect day with as little stress as possible. She handled everything for us leading up to the day, rehearsal, and day of to keep everything running smoothly and on time! Wedding planning is so stressful and Carolyn really bridges the gap between you and vendors and keeps the timeline going to everything is completed on time! I HIGHLY recommend her for your special day!!

• Judy

Judy Coleman · Married on 03/09/2019

Uninvited guest FLO cancelled the September 15, 2018. Carolyn saved the day

Carolyn Cox planned our middle daughters wedding at the Chrysler museum ten years ago!
    All went so very smooth we felt like guests! Fast forward to our youngest daughters wedding planned for September 15th 2018 at the Culpepper Barn in Pungo. Hurricane Flo crashed the day. We are so grateful for Carolyn and her crew. She handled this crises with her cool, ‘can do’ attitude. From re-booking the venue for June 15 2019, contacting all paid vendors from caterers to food trucks to beer truck, valets, DJ’s, lighting specialists, rentals and on and on! All re-booked, re-organized, original contracts honored. All done with no additional charges by Carolyn Cox!
    I have Carolyn on speed dial for 2029 - planning my granddaughters wedding!

Morgan · Married on 02/03/2019

A Must-Have Part of Your Team!

Carolyn was instrumental in making our wedding day perfect! We were so lucky to meet Carolyn early in our planning process, and having her on our team was one of our first "wedding decisions". She helped us quickly gather the rest of our wedding team, including going to each vendor meeting- from decorations, to floral, to an in-depth discussion on catering. She kept us on track with a timeline, giving us gentle reminder e-mails when life got hectic. All the while, she was the nicest, most sincere person you will ever meet. Genuinely a joy to chat with each moment!
    On the wedding day, my family and I did not need to worry about a thing. Carolyn and her team had everything handled! From the organization of the vendors, to the timeline of the ceremony and reception, to helping with clean-up and organization afterwards, Carolyn was a lifesaver.
    I highly recommend Carolyn Celeste Weddings! We often look back at our special day saying "What would we have done without Carolyn?!" She has a heart of gold and not only is your wedding planner throughout, but a friend, a supporter, a cheerleader. Our wedding day was perfect- and we cannot thank Carolyn enough for all of her hard work and passion for making each bride's day special.

Natalie Horvatinovic · Married on 11/04/2018

Incredible!

This woman has a heart of GOLD! I cannot recommend her enough! I wasn't sure a wedding planner was something that I wanted, but then my fiancé and I went to a bridal show and realized just how huge this wedding industry is and how overwhelming it is to navigate through it yourself. Anyone who does it without a wedding planner is crazy. Carolyn made it fun, easy, and stress free. Each time it came time to choose something (from vendors to table cloths), I told her what I thought I wanted and the type of price range I wanted to stay in and she gave me two of three options she thought would work. All of my vendors (including her DJ husband and their photobooth company) came from her recommendation and they were ALL phenomenal! Many of my guests commented on how friendly everyone was. The day of, her wedding team was so present, every time I even glanced up to look for one of them, they were by my side instantly asking what I needed. Not to mention, my original wedding date was postponed due to a hurricane, and Carolyn spent all morning calling all of my vendors to cancel, and then calling them again to reschedule. She had spoken to everyone and had everything moved to our new date in a matter of hours. We were so lucky to be surrounded by such a kind and supportive team on our wedding, and leading up to it. She is worth every penny and more, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Grace

Grace Bonney · Married on 10/20/2018

The most amazing wedding planner you will ever have

Carolyn was worth her weight in gold. Her bubbly attitude and kindness were just a few attributes to making the stressful wedding planning process better. Every single detail she added and suggested were easily the things that made our wedding that much more spectacular. She is 100% of the time on POINT with every task that needs to be done and for taking the reigns appropriately on our day of to make our wedding day as smooth and stress free as possible. She works closely with every vendor, provides suggestions to different companies, works within your budget etc. We adored her and just wanted to take her home with us! Promptness, assertiveness and level of expertise are all beyond 10/10 we love you so much!!!

• Kelly

kelly costello · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend! The BEST.

From the moment we started planning our wedding I told my husband that my one biggest priority was having a wedding planner. I knew from experience that weddings are far more complicated than they seem and I wanted to enjoy the experience rather than be stressed by it. We both agree now that the money we spent hiring Carolyn was the BEST money we ever spent! She is incredibly organized, well connected, and as a bonus, she is an absolute BLAST to hang out with! We had a huge hiccup with our venue just one week before our wedding, and without Carolyn we likely would have had to reschedule. Luckily for us she can make miracles happen and the wedding we ended up having was even better than the one we imagined! I honestly cannot say enough good things about her and her services. Highly recommend.

Lynne Garner · Married on 06/23/2018

Carolyn was soooo very easy to work with ! Two of my daughters live out of state and Carolyn help with both of their weddings.

One daughter was married October 2015, my youngest daughter was married June 2018. Carolyn handled each wedding with ease, calming all my fears, taking care of things I would have forgotten, She is so friendly & easy to work with ! I would & do recommend her to anyone planning a wedding !

Mary · Married on 06/08/2018

I cannot say enough about Carolyn and her team. From the moment we signed the contract she was extremely helpful and supportive. She was always quick to respond to our questions in detail. If she hadn't heard from us in a while she would reach out to touch base to see how we were doing. As we live 2+ hours away from Carolyn and our venue, we were unable to meet with her in person. However, she Facetimed with us multiple times and spent many hours making sure we were on track with our planning. She offered suggestions for vendors as needed and helped us choose who was a good fit for us as a couple and our wedding vision. Carolyn and her entire team were amazing on the day-of. As far as we were concerned, everything went off without a hitch! We found out in the following days that there were a few surprises that were outside of our control, and she and her team resolved them prior to anyone even knowing. It was a wonderful experience working with Carolyn and her team.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Carolyn was a FANTASTIC wedding coordinator. She was so helpful from the very beginning and I felt like I had known her for years! She was very quick to respond and had some really creative ideas that I would have never thought of if it wasn't for her. She was super professional and had this CALMING demeanor about her that was great for a bride like me who wasn't always so calm! Carolyn - we can't thank you and your team enough!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Caitlyn Hall · Married on 10/01/2016

Best in the business

Carolyn is not only professional but also personable. She makes your big day a priority and ensures that everything will go as smoothly as possible. We were not originally going to use a day of coordinator but I am SO glad that we did! Carolyn was there to make our lives easier and she was a huge reason our wedding day was so amazing. Look no further for your wedding needs!

• Sara Beth

Sara Beth · Married on 10/17/2015

Amazing Wedding Planner

Carolyn is amazing and really cares about your happiness not only on the day of the wedding but also leading up to the wedding. During my wedding planned she frequently checked in and always offered support. She and her team helped took care of it all. We had a meeting a few days prior to my wedding sharing my concerns/vision for the reception and they took it and ran. Really going above and beyond. Being an event planner myself I see her passion for her brides and their families. She wants this day to be the best. She's been apart of our 'family' for 4 weddings (2 of my cousins, mine and my sister); each time is consistent if not better than the last. She's the best!

Suzanne McKechnie · Married on 06/27/2015

Don't you want to be clear and present to enjoy your special day?

So much time, effort, expense, emotion AND love is poured into one lovely day where we can honor our daughter and welcome our son in law and his family to our family. It is so important to have someone by your side making sure this special day goes off without a hitch so your mind is free to be clear and present to enjoy every moment. I felt like Carolyn and her team were like "sister mothers" the day of our daughters wedding. I am forever grateful to Carolyn for giving me a day free of worry to enjoy every second! Carolyn Celeste Weddings is one of the most professional event planning companies in Hampton Roads and I would highly recommend when planning a wedding, or any type of event that you want to have a clear and present mind to enjoy the day!

Kayla Deghetto · Married on 06/27/2015

10/10 from start to finish!

Carolyn Celeste Weddings was an exceptional experience from start to finish! Carolyn was personable and easy to connect with from the very first time we met! She made me (bride) feel valued, heard and appreciated. During a time that inevitably brings about some stress, she kept lines of communication open and the process painless, I’d even go so far as to say the planning process was enjoyable throughout because of Carolyn!

On the actual day of the wedding I had little to no concerns because I was 100% confident that Carolyn and her team were making all of our wedding dreams 100% a reality!

Carolyn Celeste Weddings was an absolute necessity for our wedding day and looking back I am still beyond grateful that she and her team were a part of our big day!

Lynne Keenan · Married on 02/11/2010

Amazing overall!

Carolyn brought both calm and expertise to our wedding day. But more than that, she was like a member of our family! Her friendly, can-do demeanor made everything seem like it was easy. From checking on guests to helping events move forward, she possesses a grace about her that instills calm and confidence. I would recommend her to any and every one. She's a true professional and exactly who you want handling such a big day! Love, love, love her!

• Dana

Dana Coleman Mali · Married on 03/01/2009

Seamless, Flexible, and always with a smile

I have the unique perspective of having Carolyn and her team plan and deliver on my own wedding day and then...ten years later...having her team deliver once again for my sister's wedding this past June 2019.

As both a Bride and Matron of Honor, I worked closely with Carolyn and her team. She is very well connected in the industry and if one option doesn't work out, she knows who to call for an even better idea! She's a great listener and mediator - relieving the stress leading up to "The Big Day" and making sure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

My own wedding was such a whirlwind. As a Bride, you plan and plan a wonderful evening and then it happens in a blink. Looking back on that day, I can't believe how Carolyn seamlessly executed everything we had planned and made sure my husband and I were exactly where we needed to be when we needed to be there. She did the exact same - all with a smile - for my sister on her big day. And then, I had the ability to stand back and watch it all unfold. A real treat.

For my wedding, she worked with a brand new cake vendor, long-standing wedding venues, my childhood pastor, and even helped us incorporate some Hindu wedding traditions into our mostly traditional Christian ceremony since my husband and his side of the family are all from India.

For my sister's wedding, she FLAWLESSLY dealt with a Postponed WEDDING BECAUSE OF A HURRICANE IN SEPT 2018. She re-booked vendors and dealt with contracts being renewed and guided us through it all. And then - finally for the NEW Big Day - she helped my sister secure a brand new Wedding Venue (a trendy Barn), handled an infant being in the ceremony (even helping feed him right beforehand so he'd sleep), loads of last-minute-details and curves and twists and turns. And it all went off without a hitch - aside from the couple who got hitched. (ba, dum, dum).

I highly recommend Carolyn and her team because of her genuine expertise in the field and my experience - both as Bride and MOH. Your Big Day will be the Best Day in her hands.