Carlton's Cakes, LLC Reviews

View more information

• Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious custom cakes!

Jenean is super easy to work with - and we loved that she only takes on 1-2 cakes per weekend. She is very creative, and can really deliver whatever you want in a cake. We went with something more simple, but were very impressed by how absolutely delicious it was. It's very apparent that she uses the highest quality ingredients. She provides a sketch of your cake to frame, as well as an anniversary cake to freeze.

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

Thank you for this sweet review Jennifer! We loved making your wedding cake and I'm thrilled you enjoyed it as well. Happy clients make my world so sweet! We love what we do and we never overbook. Each cake is important to me so I don't want to be distracted from other work. Happy New Year to you both! Jenean
  • Natalia
    Natalia B. Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible Cakes!!!!

Jenean is absolutely AMAZING!!!

She is beyond creative, kind, professional, and above all else AN AMAZING CAKE ARTIST!!!

When we met for our wedding cake tasting my husband and I were absolutely blown away by her tasting. Everything was incredible and so delicious. She was also beyond accommodating for my dietary restrictions.

When the time came for the wedding day the cake was literally beyond everything I could have dreamed. She took our vision and brought it to a level 10000x. She also made us macaroons for our wedding favors - which were incredible.

Overall if you are in need of a special cake - do not look anywhere else!
    10/10

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

You are the best Natalia! I'm so happy for you and Derrick. Your wedding was an absolute DREAM! Your theme gave us a million ideas and it was so fun. I loved every minute of it. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness and please let me know if the venue didn't give you the anniversary cake. We will make another for you! XOXO Jenean
    Jessica Q. Married on 04/13/2019

Incredible creativity!

Jenean Carlton is the most creative soul! We had the BEST wedding cake experience with her. At our tasting we tasted so many delicious cakes...it was so hard to choose! She ended up combining two flavors for one of our layers to create a salted caramel chocolate praline layer and it was divine!

She was so personable and such a great communicator throughout the entire process. She always replied to emails right away! She messaged me a good bit on my wedding week as well to make sure I was loving her ideas for the cake, which I really appreciated.

Her artistry on our cake was simply incredible. Everyone was blown away by how gorgeous and delicious the cake was. We received so many compliments from guests! Thank you Jenean for creating the wedding cake of our dreams :)

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

I'm so sorry to be late responding to this review! I just saw this on Wedding Wire. I'm so happy for you both and I honestly loved your cake. It was so fun to make the flowers and the circular design with the monogram. It all turned out so feminine and so pretty. You chose such a beautiful design and it was such a pleasure to make it for you both. You two are the cutest couple together and I have a gorgeous photo of you dancing. It makes me so happy to see our clients so happy. It's everything! Congratulations Jessica and we were so honored to take part in your wedding. XOXO Jenean
    David Married on 08/27/2016
    Thank God for Jenean. I ended up being way too busy with other planning to really give the cake preparations proper attention. She worked with me early on and was a star with the proactive communications--making sure I had nothing to worry about. She was clear and helpful throughout the whole process. Everything came off without a hitch on the big day and the cake was as lovely as it was delicious. Carlton's Cakes provided above-and-beyond service, and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

You are so sweet D and it was my pleasure to make the cake! I'm glad the flavors and design were such a big hit with guests and please let me know how I can help with a future event. Have a sweet day! Jenean
    Casey Married on 06/20/2015
    Jenean made our wedding cake- it was absolutely breathtaking. She made it exactly how I pictured it- every detail was perfect. The colors perfectly matched the swatches I sent her. She personally delivered the cake and even worked with my planner to get it set up. Over a year later, people are still raving about how great the cake was! Everything she did was so personal, so above and beyond what she had to do- I would definitely recommend her!

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

I loved making your cake Casey and thank you so much for the review. Your wedding was amazing! Your theme was classic elegance and orchids worked beautifully on the cake and in the venue. My best wishes to you! Jenean
    Jackie Married on 07/12/2014
    Jenean is in a league by herself, as far as I am concerned. Her cakes are overwhelmingly original, beautiful, delicious ... She is quite an artist, and she absolutely exceeded our expectations when we gave her some ideas and let her come up with the final design for a wedding cake and, later, for a French-themed birthday cake. I can hardly wait for another special occasion so I can once again be excited by a Carlton's Cake! I would rate Jenean's cakes off-the-chart WONDERFUL!
    Katie Married on 12/15/2013
    Carlton's cakes makes the cakes for every occasion I have. She is such a talented baker and artist-her cakes truly taste just as amazing as they look. At each event I've had where Jenean makes the cakes all of the guests are ranting and raving about how perfect the cake is. Jenean takes her time with you to make sure you have exactly what you are dreaming of. I cannot recommend Jenean and Carlton's Cakes enough.
  • Jaylun
    Jaylun S. Married on 05/11/2019

Great Overall Experience!

We actually went to a couple of other tastings before we talked to Jenean. My wife and I were both very impressed with not only the taste of her cake but her knowledge. Honestly, I didn't know how much science went into all of it but she broke it down for us. We saw a marble design on a cake that my wife really liked and everybody we talked to was willing to do it with the colors we suggested. But Jenean explained to us how using certain colors won't work as well for that particular design based on the nature of the color. Nobody we talked to previously explained any of that to us and so we were highly impressed. As I mentioned before, the cake tasted great and it looked lovely sitting out there in the ballroom of our venue. It was just a pleasure to work with her and she gave us so many great ideas for the cake which is something my wife really appreciated. Some places we went almost seemed reluctant to give us any ideas but she was more than willing to give us suggestions to improve the look of our cake. We would definitely recommend her to others for weddings, parties, or whatever special occasion someone may have. Her work is dope!

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

Hi Jaylun! Thank you so much for this sweet review! You both are the best and I'm so thrilled that your wedding turned out so gorgeous. It was an honor to take part in your wedding and I loved making your cake! I appreciated your comments; I love talking about baking chemistry! You both are doing such great things with your lives and I'm so happy that you are starting this new chapter. Congratulations and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness! XOXO Jenean
    Jenn Married on 03/04/2017
    Delicious cake and able to accommodate food allergies! Beautiful designs.

Carlton's Cakes, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your kind review! I appreciate your sweet comments.