66 Reviews for Cakes by George

Cakes (2)
Groom's Cake (2)
Local (1)
61 Cakes by George Reviews

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! The cake tasted wonderful and I couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect! George was great to work with!! Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can only say that I am very thankful and grateful to George for the wonderful cake he designed for my daughter's wedding. He is a pleasure to work, he will do exactly what he says and you can put away any worries you may have, and finally his cake flavors are so good you could never eat just one! I highly recommend George to anyone who wants a beautiful, professional cake done right.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Our cake was exactly what we were looking for! The flavors were exquisite! All of our guests raved about the flavors and the look of the cake.

Profile Picture Abi, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake that I ordered was above and beyond what I expected. George was extremely professional and talented and I got so many compliments on my cake. I would recommend Cakes by George to everyone.

Profile Picture Bethany , 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I was very happy with how the cake turned out for my daughter's wedding, it was beautiful and extremely delicious!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Highly recommend Cakes by George for any cake services. He's easy to work with. He did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! It turned out beautiful!! No complaints

Profile Picture Marah, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

George was wonderful to work with from the start where I shied him ideas of what I liked in a wedding cake from pinterest. He was flexible, honest and timely as well as kind and genuine. The cake he made for my special day couldn't have been better! We got so many compliments on our beautiful cake; looks and flavors!

Profile Picture Logan, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

George does an amazing job! Cake flavors are unique and delicious. Cake design was beautiful. Totally worth the money!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Local, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

George is an amazing cake decorator. I went to him with a theme and nothing else and he created the most wonderful wedding cake I could have ever hoped for. I would definitely recommend him to any bride- or anyone else- looking for a cake for a special event!

Profile Picture Donna, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I have to recommend any bride in the Midwest area to hire Cakes by George. We had a winter wedding and it snowed on our wedding day. George still came and delivered the cakes on time even though the drive was absolutely treacherous, he made us a priority. The price was more than affordable...it was a steal. The first time I ate one of George's cakes was when I was a teenager at my mother's wedding and it was the most AMAZING cake I have ever had. The cake we chose was a chocolate peanut butter cake inspired by buckeyes (peanut butter balls). The cake itself was chocolate with peanut butter frosting in the center and on top. George drizzled chocolate ganache over top, then piped more peanut butter frosting over the ganache, and then he placed peanut butter balls on top of the piped frosting. It was beautiful...exactly what we wanted. When we tasted it, our eyes got big and we both said WOW! It was my husband's first time trying George's cake and he was highly impressed. We expected about 200 guests but unfortunately due to the snowy weather, we were missing about 100 people. We didn't have a single slice of cake left over! Our guests loved our choices of Kahlua chocolate, amaretto, and red velvet cakes. George was easy to work with, affordable, and extremely personable. His cakes are high quality and absolutely heavenly. I truly hope future brides and grooms consider him.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

George did a great job with the cake for my mother in law. He was quick to respond to my email and the cake was exactly like the picture I showed him!!!

Profile Picture User7413763, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was simply AMAZING... It was beautiful and delicious. George was a pleasure to work with, making sure our cake was perfect. The guest were amazed with 3 different flavors. Several guests mentioned it was the best cake they have ever had. The cake, service and price were great. We will never go anywhere else for our cakes again. Thank you so much George

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Go and talk to George and have a taste test! He is so easy to work with and very willing to explore possibilities to make your wedding cake everything that you want it to be. His cakes are a taste of heaven!!

Profile Picture User7344140, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes by George is absolutely wonderful!! George baked me a birthday cake, so that I could take it into work and share with my co-workers. I ordered a two-layer lemon cake with raspberry filling; and buttercream frosting. The cake was so delicious! I am crazy about lemon-flavor and raspberry-flavor; they are my favorites. Quite honestly, I think this is the best-tasting cake I have ever had in my entire life! George frosted the cake so pretty, too; here it was just for my birthday; and the cake was so pretty, as if a bride was cutting her wedding cake on her wedding day! George also was so kind to meet me half way, so that I could pick up the cake and not drive clear to George's home. I paid George extra for mileage; but he was so kind to drive and meet me half way; so that I was not on the road forever and ever. I highly recommend! And on top of it all, George is such a kind person, too; and a pleasure to deal with! :-)

Profile Picture User6877614, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design

Cakes by George created the most beautiful bride and groom cake for my wedding reception last weekend. Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted AMAZING!
George was very easy to work with and I'm very glad I chose Cakes by George to do my wedding cake. I would recommend him to anyone doing a special event.

Profile Picture Angela, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Everyone loved the cakes they were so pretty and just the perfect amount of frosting which my husband loved. I had 4 different flavors each one better than the last.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

George is very flexible with designs. He was reliable and professional. The quality of his cakes was amazing and they taste really good.

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

George was wonderful to work with and very professional. He took the time to make my daughters wedding cake exactly how she wanted it, and was always pleasant and friendly throughout the planning process. He was a great reputation and I can understand why. The cakes were delicious and we received many compliments about them from our guests.

Profile Picture User5263209, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was phenomenal! George actually stayed and helped serve it to our guests as well, which helped everything run smoothly.

Profile Picture User5203028, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our family has made multiple cake orders with George in the last 6 years. He has done an excellent job with the decorations we have requested and the cake flavors are delicious! Our cakes have always been so moist. George is punctual with replying to calls and with his services.

Profile Picture Tania, 3/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

George was wonderful. The only vendor I had for my wedding that offered their personal suggestions, and always replied same day to my questions. I was very impressed.

Profile Picture jennifer, 11/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

If you are looking for the ultimate in professionalism, look no further! George exemplifies his skills by keeping current with what is trending but draws from his traditional background so that the melding of the two creates masterpieces. I wanted the guests at my daughter's wedding to be treated to both a visual and flavorful treat and found so in our cake creation. George listened very carefully to our description(s), showed us many design options, offered some design elements, and then helped us to formulate an exquisite cake. We chose four different flavors and weren't disappointed! In fact, our guests were coming back for seconds and thirds! We even had to divide the leftovers to keep everyone happy. Each and every cake is bursting with flavor, is exceptionally moist, and the texture is superb. And the icing is next to ambrosia! Guests who typically don't care for icing were commenting on how wonderful it was. If you are looking to WOW your guests with the most elegant, tender, flavorful, and moist cake ever, look no further! George is easy to work with and was a welcome addition to our wedding party. He even went out of his way to travel a very long distance to deliver and set up the cake at a very nominal fee. We would highly recommend George for any occasion requiring a specialty cake.

Profile Picture User4515583, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Wow! George's Cakes were not only beautiful they were scrumptious. We had guests that had flown into Iowa from "The Hamptons", New York City and much of the Deep South for our daughters wedding, they all remarked how delicious the cakes were and that they had never had better cake at a wedding. We also had a professional caterer from Kansas City and she was so impressed by your professionalism and the time you took with your edible art. Thank you for making our Baby's wedding so special!

Profile Picture User4365876, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

George was super easy to work with, very professional, affordable, and his cakes taste fabulous! I would recommend Cakes by George to anyone looking for an affordable and delicious cake for an event!

Profile Picture User4226633, 2+ years ago, 1 Review