Cakes by George Reviews

2 User Photos

Cakes by George 1
Cakes by George 2

Kelsey Kolb · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic quality at reasonable price

George was great to work with and his cakes were even better! Delicious variety of flavors, intriqute designs, and reasonably priced! Highly recommend! Thanks again George!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    Cakes by George 3

Cakes by George's reply:

Thank you Kelsey for your review. I really enjoyed making the gumpaste leaves and designing your cake.

Kalyn · Married on 09/29/2018

George was very flexible and considerate of what we wanted as our cake and was ready to take on the challenge. He is one of the nicest people I have ever meet!

Madison · Married on 09/22/2018

George makes outstanding cakes! His unique cake flavors make it fun to choose from rather than traditional white. I had 5 different flavors for my wedding and had constant compliments on the cakes. I would recommend him to any couple who is getting married

Shawn · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful experience! The one thing my daughter was sure about after becoming engaged was I KNOW I WANT CAKES BY GEORGE!!! I had multiple compliments on not only the beauty but the flavors!! The absolute BEST!

Courtney · Married on 09/01/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! The cake tasted wonderful and I couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect! George was great to work with!! Thank you so much!!

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

I can only say that I am very thankful and grateful to George for the wonderful cake he designed for my daughter's wedding. He is a pleasure to work, he will do exactly what he says and you can put away any worries you may have, and finally his cake flavors are so good you could never eat just one! I highly recommend George to anyone who wants a beautiful, professional cake done right.

Abi · Married on 03/31/2018

Our cake was exactly what we were looking for! The flavors were exquisite! All of our guests raved about the flavors and the look of the cake.

Cakes by George 4

Bethany · Married on 03/10/2018

The cake that I ordered was above and beyond what I expected. George was extremely professional and talented and I got so many compliments on my cake. I would recommend Cakes by George to everyone.

Marah · Married on 09/09/2017

Highly recommend Cakes by George for any cake services. He's easy to work with. He did a wonderful job on our wedding cake! It turned out beautiful!! No complaints

Michelle · Married on 09/09/2017

I was very happy with how the cake turned out for my daughter's wedding, it was beautiful and extremely delicious!

Logan · Married on 07/22/2017

George was wonderful to work with from the start where I shied him ideas of what I liked in a wedding cake from pinterest. He was flexible, honest and timely as well as kind and genuine. The cake he made for my special day couldn't have been better! We got so many compliments on our beautiful cake; looks and flavors!

Rachel · Married on 07/01/2017

George does an amazing job! Cake flavors are unique and delicious. Cake design was beautiful. Totally worth the money!!

Donna · Married on 06/10/2017

George is an amazing cake decorator. I went to him with a theme and nothing else and he created the most wonderful wedding cake I could have ever hoped for. I would definitely recommend him to any bride- or anyone else- looking for a cake for a special event!

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2016

I have to recommend any bride in the Midwest area to hire Cakes by George. We had a winter wedding and it snowed on our wedding day. George still came and delivered the cakes on time even though the drive was absolutely treacherous, he made us a priority. The price was more than affordable...it was a steal. The first time I ate one of George's cakes was when I was a teenager at my mother's wedding and it was the most AMAZING cake I have ever had. The cake we chose was a chocolate peanut butter cake inspired by buckeyes (peanut butter balls). The cake itself was chocolate with peanut butter frosting in the center and on top. George drizzled chocolate ganache over top, then piped more peanut butter frosting over the ganache, and then he placed peanut butter balls on top of the piped frosting. It was beautiful...exactly what we wanted. When we tasted it, our eyes got big and we both said WOW! It was my husband's first time trying George's cake and he was highly impressed. We expected about 200 guests but unfortunately due to the snowy weather, we were missing about 100 people. We didn't have a single slice of cake left over! Our guests loved our choices of Kahlua chocolate, amaretto, and red velvet cakes. George was easy to work with, affordable, and extremely personable. His cakes are high quality and absolutely heavenly. I truly hope future brides and grooms consider him.

Ashley · Married on 11/30/2016

George did a great job with the cake for my mother in law. He was quick to respond to my email and the cake was exactly like the picture I showed him!!!

Kristen · Married on 11/23/2016

The cake was simply AMAZING... It was beautiful and delicious. George was a pleasure to work with, making sure our cake was perfect. The guest were amazed with 3 different flavors. Several guests mentioned it was the best cake they have ever had. The cake, service and price were great. We will never go anywhere else for our cakes again. Thank you so much George

Nancy · Married on 10/15/2016

Go and talk to George and have a taste test! He is so easy to work with and very willing to explore possibilities to make your wedding cake everything that you want it to be. His cakes are a taste of heaven!!

Cakes by George is absolutely wonderful!! George baked me a birthday cake, so that I could take it into work and share with my co-workers. I ordered a two-layer lemon cake with raspberry filling; and buttercream frosting. The cake was so delicious! I am crazy about lemon-flavor and raspberry-flavor; they are my favorites. Quite honestly, I think this is the best-tasting cake I have ever had in my entire life! George frosted the cake so pretty, too; here it was just for my birthday; and the cake was so pretty, as if a bride was cutting her wedding cake on her wedding day! George also was so kind to meet me half way, so that I could pick up the cake and not drive clear to George's home. I paid George extra for mileage; but he was so kind to drive and meet me half way; so that I was not on the road forever and ever. I highly recommend! And on top of it all, George is such a kind person, too; and a pleasure to deal with! :-)

Angela · Married on 03/05/2016

Cakes by George created the most beautiful bride and groom cake for my wedding reception last weekend. Not only was it beautiful, but it tasted AMAZING!
    George was very easy to work with and I'm very glad I chose Cakes by George to do my wedding cake. I would recommend him to anyone doing a special event.

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

Everyone loved the cakes they were so pretty and just the perfect amount of frosting which my husband loved. I had 4 different flavors each one better than the last.

Brittany · Married on 09/05/2015

George is very flexible with designs. He was reliable and professional. The quality of his cakes was amazing and they taste really good.

George was wonderful to work with and very professional. He took the time to make my daughters wedding cake exactly how she wanted it, and was always pleasant and friendly throughout the planning process. He was a great reputation and I can understand why. The cakes were delicious and we received many compliments about them from our guests.

• User5203028 · 2+ years ago

The cake was phenomenal! George actually stayed and helped serve it to our guests as well, which helped everything run smoothly.

Tania · Married on 03/15/2015

Our family has made multiple cake orders with George in the last 6 years. He has done an excellent job with the decorations we have requested and the cake flavors are delicious! Our cakes have always been so moist. George is punctual with replying to calls and with his services.