Brilliant Event Planning Reviews

17 | New York, NY

17 Reviews for Brilliant Event Planning

Caitlin Souther · Married on 10/20/2018

The Best!!

Chelsea and her team were incredible to work with! They made the couple of months leading up to the wedding so easy to get through and made us feel like we had everything under control. On the day of they were so helpful moving the day along and ensuring no one had to worry about anything other than having the best time. They were so great!

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Hire Brilliant Event Planning!

Chelsea single-handedly ensured that my wedding got off without a hitch and remained hassle and stress-free throughout. Her team was absolutely fabulous, so kind, detailed-oriented, and they executed everything at the highest level. Admittedly, I hired Brilliant Event Planning at the 11th hour leading up to my wedding, right at the two month point when everything started to become overwhelming and all-consuming. Chelsea jumped right into action, handling most everything from that point forward. Hiring Brilliant Event Planning, and more specifically Chelsea and her team, was one of the best choices I made and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Beth · Married on 11/11/2017

I wish i could choose more than 5 stars. If you have ANY doubt about what Brilliant Event Planners can bring to your wedding, let me tell you that beyond a shadow of a doubt, my family could FULLY enjoy my daughter's wedding because of Sarah, Chelsea and their team. They are the loveliest of people, took care of EVERY behind-the-scene detail, and made it appear that it was the smoothest and most relaxed day in wedding history. It certainly was for us. Boston is very lucky to have them and if/when we have another family wedding, I'll be standing at their front door.

• F

Franny · Married on 11/04/2017

I could not have gotten through the last month of wedding planning without Chelsea and her team at Brilliant Event Planning! I opted for the month-of-coordination as I already had the majority of my vendors in place and I needed a team to help me with the last steps and day-of-coordination. Chelsea and her team went above and beyond what I could have ever expected from a wedding coordinator! Everyone kept noting how calm I seemed on my wedding day, and thanks to Chelsea I truly was. I knew I had nothing to worry about with her team! When I first met with Chelsea about 6 weeks prior to my wedding there were still some vendor details I needed help with (gifts/late-nigh snack for guests, wedding programs, etc.) and Chelsea helped me with all of the last-minute vendor bookings and contracts! Chelsea and her team put together a perfect day-of schedule and was in touch with every vendor several times before the day of the wedding so that everyone knew exactly where and when they had to be somewhere. Chelsea and her team were all so kind, calm, and organized, it truly left me with nothing to do the day of my wedding but show-up and get married!!! I can not recommend Brilliant Event Planning enough!!!!!

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2017

Chelsea, Sarah and the entire Brilliant Events team had to be one of the best decisions we made during wedding planning and I'm so happy we had them on board for the month of coordination! I had a relatively small wedding in the Hamptons and assumed early on that I could figure out most of the details myself. I quickly realized that nothing compares to having experts like them who know how to handle any last minute issue and have wealth of experience working with vendors/venues across NYC. Chelsea had great recommendations for vendors I neglected to look into earlier on in the process and was a huge help in making sure critical details, such as the rain plan, were worked out.

Where the team really excels is making sure you do not deal with any stress on the day of the wedding and focus on having fun. I was so impressed with how professional, patient, kind and calming the entire team was. They made sure the bridal parties all were on schedule, vendor setups were done on time, food was set aside for my husband/I during cocktail hour, swapped out my heels when they saw I was in pain and even ran back to the house when we forgot our marriage license. These are just some of the little details the team took care of so we didn't have to worry about anything. They truly are your eyes and ears and it was such a relief knowing they got it handled. They truly love their jobs and their passion for what they do shines.

Please do yourself a favor and hire Brilliant Events! I'm recommending them to all my friends for their weddings and events.

M · Married on 06/24/2017

We could not have been happier with our choice to hire Chelsea and Sarah. Though they were truly incredible in so many ways, the part that impressed us the most was their ability to make our wedding feel personal. Chelsea was able to distill our idiosyncrasies and interests into a wedding that was unique to us and our friends and families. Everyone (including my extremely hard to impress grandmother) left raving about how the wedding was perfect. We can't recommend Brilliant Events enough.

Mike · Married on 04/29/2017

We worked with Chelsea as our day of coordinator. I am not sure how we could have done it without her. Chelsea and Emma were very on point with all the details, the whole day was seamless. They organized everything and thought of every detail. My wife and I were so wrapped up in the getting ready/pictures and visiting with family and friends we hardly realized that everything was being taken care of behind the scenes. And that's the whole point. It allowed us to enjoy our day and really helped take the stress away. I highly recommend BEP and Chelsea.

“Very organized” and “timely and seamless execution” are words that don’t come close to capturing what Sarah and Chelsea have done for my wedding weekend, which included a rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony and reception, and the day-after brunch. Without them, my husband and I wouldn’t have been able to enjoy any of it. Though we’d contracted for their month-of coordination services since we’d made the major decisions by ourselves very early on, our one piece of advice to future brides and grooms would be that the BEP team are absolutely crucial in pulling off your wedding!

There were so many things that they did, which looking back, we would never have thought of beforehand. But such things all went a long way to making the day more comfortable and extra special for the both of us. In between the ceremony and cocktails, they set aside food for my husband and I to enjoy in private as well as a bottle of champagne. They knew my feet were hurting early on in the day, so they placed a pair of my favorite loafers under my chair at the dinner table. They fixed everything in my wardrobe that I had problems with, from getting a bracelet to securely clasp to pinning my train repeatedly throughout the evening. They can talk AV technicals with the sound guys while finishing off by their expert hand last-minute calligraphy on table cards. Nothing is too large a feat for Sarah and Chelsea to tackle!

I hired Brilliant Event Planning for 'day-of-coordination' (worked with Sarah Glick) for my October 2014 wedding and could not have been happier.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Sarah. She was always professional, always organized, and always adorable. Sarah was worth twice what the cost ended up being, and it was the best money we spent at our wedding.

I had a large bridal party and Sarah made sure that everyone was in place and not acting foolish.
    I am a slightly insane project manager by trade, and I was very impressed with Sarah and her team. I wish I could have Sarah be my life coach and make lists for me every day.

I highly recommend Sarah and her team at BEP. They are truly the best. If you are considering trying to do a wedding without one, don't do it! When you do come around, hire BEP, and specifically request Sarah!

Liz · Married on 06/22/2013

Sarah Pease & her team are the Fairy Godmothers of wedding planning, truly one of a kind!!

We could not have planned our wedding without their constant support, guidance, and most importantly, their FRIENDSHIP. They took our vision and executed it flawlessly, always making the process FUN and EFFORTLESS for us!

...and at the end of the day, we hired a planner, but gained lifelong friends. What more could you possibly ask for?

Lauren · Married on 04/20/2013

Hiring Sarah and her team was absolutely one of the best decisions we made — she gave us the wonderful & amazing gift of being able to completely & fully enjoy our wedding day. I can definitely be the type of person who worries & wants to make sure everything is perfect, and it was just so nice to not have to do that, because I knew I could trust Sarah and her amazingly professional & on-point team. And truly everything was perfect—everything & everyone was where they needed to be, and everything looked and felt exactly as I had envisioned it, but even better! We absolutely could have not have pulled off our dream wedding without Brilliant Event Planning!

Megan · Married on 10/02/2011

We cannot say enough about Sarah's amazing work and amazing team of day-savers, calm-downers, odds and ends-transporters, question-answerers, and all around lovely people to spend one of the best days ever, with. We did almost all of the planning on our own, but once we hired Sarah as our day-of coordinator, we truly could not imagine how we would have done the rest without her. As we read the emails she sent to all of our vendors confirming and coordinating in the days leading up to the wedding, we could not stop saying how much of a relief it was to have her ask the questions we never would have thought of, trouble-shoot everything we never saw coming, and take over the millions of last minute phone calls and emails that would have taken up precious time during our wedding week when we could have been enjoying ourselves and our families. Next to deciding on each other, of course, making the decision to hire Sarah was hands down the best wedding decision we made. In the world of wedding planning where overcharging is the name of the game, Sarah's work was worth every single penny and more. One cannot overestimate peace of mind. THANK YOU, sarah and Brilliant Events!

Katie · Married on 09/04/2011

Hiring Sarah as our Day of Coordinator was hands-down one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process! Sarah is not only a consummate professional, but also very personable and easy going, which was important to us as part of enjoying the process. As our DoC, she went beyond the call of duty several times and helped to return my sanity during a few phone calls and meetings. We also opted for the additional 5 hours of "coaching" in addition to the DoC package -- those hours were very valuable in helping to reassure that I was on the right track as well as being able to schedule an additional meeting here or there. A month before our big day, I met with Sarah and passed off all of the info (and a lot of stress) which made room in my head to start focusing on the bigger picture. She thinks of every little detail that you may have not... little things that make life much easier the weeks before and on the day of your wedding. I'm happy to say that our day went off without a hitch! And if it didn't, we'll never know, neither will our guest as Sarah and her team were on it from start to finish!! We had several guests & family members comment on how smoothly the day ran and I'm very thankful to Sarah for that!! In retrospect, one of the few decisions I may have changed would have been to hire Sarah to plan the whole wedding. While our decision was made based on financial reasons, I can't say that the extra money would not have been worth saving us weekend after weekend of wedding planning stress -- but in the end, it's all worth it, either way you go!

L · Married on 08/27/2011

Brilliant is no joke - that is the perfect name for Sarah Pease and her amazing team. I had the BEST wedding - it was perfect, even though it was in NYC at the same time as Hurricane Irene. Sarah made sure that everything went off with out a hitch. She worked tirelessly with all of our vendors - who were also PHENOMENAL thanks to Sarah's who helped us find them - and made sure that our wedding day was indeed special and perfect. We could not have done it without her, and to every bride I would say that even if you don't think you need a planner, consider it, because Sarah made the entire process that much better, easier, and smoother. She is not only a consummate professional, but loads of fun to work with, full of energy and super organized.

D · Married on 05/22/2011

I hired Sarah very last minute when I realized that I just couldnt do everything (like the workaholic I am thought I could!) She jumped in as our day of coord but really helped out the last weeks leading up to the wedding. Sarah is super professional, calm, organized and helpful! If there were any problems that day, then i havent heard about them because she handled them all so quickly!!!

Morgan · Married on 10/05/2013

Sarah at Brilliant Event Planning was AMAZING!!! Before the wedding she helped to coordinate all of our vendors - she made sure that everything was confirmed and all the necessities of a great wedding were checked off our list for the day of the wedding!
    She made EVERYONE at ease on the day of the wedding and helped make the entire wedding run smoothly - if there was a hiccup or something that needed to be handled, Sarah and her team were right there to take care of it - it was truly a HUGE weight off of my shoulder, along with my parents and my husband! I would definitely recommend Sarah and her team again - they were fantastic!!

• Marissa

Marissa · Married on 07/12/2014

3.5

I was told over and over that I would need an event-coordinator the day of the wedding, and since I trusted my friends, I did my research to find Brilliant Event Planning. Boy am I happy I did... I had a huge bridal party and large family to deal with the day of and they were nothing less than professional and organized in how they managed my entourage. I took the extra counseling package (which was an additional 5 hours of phone calls) aside from the regular day of coordination, but think the day of and the 6-8 weeks leading up to the wedding was where I saw Sarah Glick in her element. Sarah was my right hand, truly knowing by the 5-minute intervals where everyone was and needed to be. I had stressed over how we were going to handle the getting ready part and she was on top of all of that -- communicated non-stop with my vendors to be sure it was all intact. I am lucky to have had her for my wedding day.