Blue Skies Weddings and Events Reviews

95 Reviews for Blue Skies Weddings and Events

• Christy

Christy · Married on 01/11/2020

Initial consultation

Initial consultation was amazing. They put all (or at least what they could) anxieties at ease. I cannot wait to see what magic they put together! I was hesitant to hire a planner as I am some what a control freak, but best decision I ever made!!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 11/09/2019

Very helpful, made the day easy!!

All my friends would ask if I needed help with anything wedding, I didn’t even have to worry about anything. Blue skies took care of it all! Leading up to the wedding was relaxing all because of them!!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Jess

Jess Booth · Married on 11/09/2019

Heather is the BEST!

We cannot say enough great things about Heather! I planned the wedding with my mom and we would have been totally lost without her. We had the wedding at a private residence and all of our ideas were thrown out the window once she came through and advised us on all the locations for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. She kept us on top of everything throughout the planning process and really cared about how we were feeling about it all! Sam was our day-of coordinator and she did a fabulous job helping all the vendors and placing the flowers on our cake (because we would have been too nervous to do it). From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank Heather enough for all the hard work she did! The day came and it was more beautiful than we ever could have imagined or thought possible and it was all thanks to Heather and her amazing ideas! Thank you Heather! We love you!!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Julie

Julie Prins · Married on 11/02/2019

Simply the best!!

Wowwwww!!! Kara Hansen is the absolute best of the best - wedding planner and human being. She is organized, kind, patient, efficient, and has a great eye for detail and awesome suggestions and guidance. I am beyond thrilled with everything she did for us to make sure our wedding was perfect. I highly recommend her for anyone who wants the best in their wedding team. 5+ stars!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 11/22/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2019

The BEST! I would book Heather again in a heartbeat!

I don’t think I can explain how appreciative I am of Heather and the whole Blue Skies team! She made sure to keep me calm during the whole planning process, even when I was out of town for work multiple times for a new job. Heather helped me find the best vendors for us, our style, within our budget, and reliable. Our wedding day could not have run as smooth as it did without her. She kept everyone on schedule and even was able to sew and fix all of our wardrobe malfunctions!! I know there was even more things she did to save the day and I am truly appreciative. You will not regret using her! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Toni · Married on 09/28/2019

The best of the best!

I just got married this past weekend, I don’t know where to begin. Kara and Chris were my day of coordinators. Amazing, helpful, life savers !!! Heather the owner went above and beyond with her team to make sure my day was nothing less than perfect. I was so stressed out and heather and her team were my peace. They assured me
    All will go ok and took on so many tasks and helped me in so many ways that they didn’t have to. They were there for me through all my meetings with my venue and took time out of there days to support me and my fiancé in all the stress that accrued due to issues with our venue. Heather, Sam, Kara, Chris! I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH! I highly recommend this company for your wedding planning. Awesome, genuine, down to earth, helpful people to say the least!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Clarke · Married on 09/01/2019

One of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding!

Five stars across the board! Chris and Heather of Blue Skies Events are amazing. They were referred to me by a friend who got married a few months before and she had nothing but wonderful things to say about their service. The moment they took over the planning I felt so relieved because they had a their bases covered and came 200% prepared. They were warm and friendly yet professional throughout the entire process. Even when things started going wrong, due to Hurricane Dorian, they managed to help us figure out small details and completely handled the bigger details so my husband and I didn't have to worry. They stayed on top of every detail and made sure that not only my husband and I were taken care of, but also the guests as well as the other vendors. Hiring them was the best decision we made in our planning process. They really are wonderful people who provide and OUTSTANDING service.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Jessica & Aaron · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing is an understatement! ❤︯

From the first phone call I knew that Kara and the Blue Skies Team was the one we wanted to be beside us through the wedding planning process. She deserves so much more than five stars for she gave us a magical five star wedding. Kara was with us from the beginning of the planning process and we are thrilled she was. From the very start she had been such an ally and right on point in regards to each choice we were to make, and there were many! With Kara there was always a smile, (little haha humor too when we needed it, lol), calmness and methodically leading us through the planning process. With dealing with all the personalities (just a few in our family), to designing, to the smaller and personal details – She is a genius! There are no words that I can use to express our deepest gratitude. The only wish I have is that I could have stopped time and my wedding day would have never end! We can’t thank you enough for all you did to make this momentous occasion more than we could have imagined. We are so happy to now call you a friend too! Blue Skies is the best planning company ever!

Sent on 08/14/2019

J Evans · Married on 06/01/2019

Best experience !

Samantha was amazing to work with. From our first phone call I felt completely relieved about any wedding stress I had. Leading up to the wedding Samantha was attentive, flexible, and comforting. The day of she went above and beyond making the day run flawlessly. It was a dream. I want the keep thanking her again and again.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Ashley Thornburg · Married on 05/19/2019

Best planner ever!

Blue Skies is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Couples stop what you're doing and book this incredible company and their team!!!!!! Any expectations you may have, they will far exceed them! Heather was our planner and she was my God sent on my wedding day and throughout the entire planning process! Every thing was just flawless! I was able to be present and in the moment and didn't once worry about anything because Heather and her team were present every step of the way. She seriously is incredibly so talented and knowledgeable at planning every detail and icing on the cake is the sweetest and kindest person ever. Heather, I appreciate everything you did for James and I on our wedding day. Our family and friends haven't stopped raving about how amazing you are! You made our day incredible and couldn't be more thankful for you and the Blue Skies Team! I absolutely recommend Heather and the Blue Skies Team to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Lindsey · Married on 05/11/2019

Heather did an amazing job!

We chose the couture coordination package, since I already had most all of my vendors picked out and all the big stuff planned. I needed someone to help me get the finer detailed figured out in the final weeks before the wedding, and to be there during the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly and according to plan. Heather was amazing! She made my vision into a reality, she was professional and friendly, and she handled everything with ease. It was the perfect day and I owe it all to Heather!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • O

O'Neill · Married on 05/04/2019

Kelly is fantastic!

Kelly with Blue Skies was an absolute dream to work with! She was so easy to work with and always available when necessary! Thank you, Kelly, for making our day run so flawlessly and for all of your hard work, it did not go unnoticed!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Jennifer C. · Married on 05/04/2019

Thank you!

We were so happy and relieved to have Samantha's assistance on our wedding day and in the two months leading up to it. She was very professional and I don't know what we would have done without her! Thank you, Blue Skies!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Sissy Spain · Married on 05/04/2019

O’neill/Spain wedding. 5/4/19

Kelly did an amazing job for my son’s wedding! She made sure all vendors were set up on time and ready to serve guests. Decorations were beautiful, ceremony was started on time and the wedding party ready to go! The bride did not have to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend Kelly!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Sterling · Married on 04/13/2019

Heather & The Blue Skies Team have my heart!

I don't even know where to begin...Heather and the Blue Skies team should be charging 4x's what they do for all of the help, support, guidance, and FRIENDSHIP they gave to me over the past 10 months while planning my wedding. From the monthly phone conferences, multiple emails answering any silly question I had, accompanying me to many meetings for support, and doing EVERYTHING on my wedding day so that I did not have to lift a finger; I could not be more thankful for Blue Skies. The only complaint I have is that I don't get to work with or spend time with Heather anymore :( HIGHLY RECOMMEND BLUE SKIES FOR ALL OF YOUR WEDDING PLANNING NEEDS!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Elizabeth McCartney · Married on 04/13/2019

Samantha was AMAZING!

We worked with Blue Skies from the beginning of our wedding planning process. We initially worked with one staff member that eventually left the company. We were given Samantha in her place and we could not have lucked out more! Samantha made the entire process as smooth as possible. She went out of her way to work with our work schedules for meetings and phone calls, she was available for all my needs and always found a way to make me feel like it was all under control. Samantha is truly great at what she does. On our wedding day, she listened to us and really helped keep us calm and relaxed to enjoy ourselves. Even when things did not go according to plan, Samantha and Kara worked endlessly to keep our wedding the best day of our lives (and it was!!)

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Teresa

Teresa Dao · Married on 04/10/2019

What a Great Experience!!

It was such a pleasure working with Blue Skies Weddings and Events. They were very professional from start to finish. From our very first conversation with the owner, Heather, we knew this was a team of experienced planners. Every conversation thereafter with our designated planner, Kelly, only confirmed this and increased our confidence in their team. We had an extensive wedding itinerary stretching across 2 days with lots of things to keep organized. Kelly helped us stay on track the few months leading up to the big weekend and helped tidy up a few last minute things like finding hand-held fans for our outdoor ceremony and companies to hire to decorate our cocktail hour space. It was so convenient to have Kelly as our single point of contact to communicate with all the vendors and she did a wonderful job. At the reception, we were able to fully enjoy ourselves as Kelly was able to take care of everything in terms of keeping us on schedule, ensuring the vendors arrived on time, making sure food was served promptly, etc. Just two days before the wedding, we found out that we could not print our banners with the seating chart and Kelly was able to pull together a last minute seating chart display for us. We were so grateful for her quick thinking and drive to find a solution for us. We highly recommend this team!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Mallory · Married on 04/06/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We cannot say enough great things about this company! From choosing vendors to planning the little things, there was never a time where our questions or concerns went unanswered. Heather went above and beyond to make sure this day was perfect and she did not disappoint! Hiring Blue Skies will be the best decision you can make when planning your wedding! Samantha was amazing the day of to help make sure everything ran smoothly and Kara was always available to answer any questions we had. All the vendors they recommended were amazing and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. We are so thankful for Blue Skies and recommend them to anyone looking for a planner!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Darren

Darren Eo · Married on 04/05/2019

A Million Thanks

Chris and Heather were truly amazing to work with ! They went above and beyond to make our daughter's wedding day remarkable. They handled all of the details with ease and helped take the stress out of everything. Chris calmly and quietly took charge and got things done. They are true professionals we couldn't have done it without them. Can't Thank You enough.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Samantha · Married on 03/30/2019

The BEST there is!!!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Kara and the Blue Skies team!!! I got married March 30 and can honestly say the day would not have been nearly as great without the help of Kara. I had a million questions leading up to the big day and she was there at any hour of the day to help me out and keep me sane! ;) everything went off flawlessly for our ceremony and I could not believe my eyes when I saw our cocktail hour and reception spaces all complete with the little personalized decorations and touches that she setup for us. Simply amazing. The biggest help of all was when we ran into a few hiccups behind the scenes at the reception...you would have never even known it because Kara was on it and took care of us so well and so perfectly I cannot thank her enough. Our wedding day was the best day ever and I know it would not have been the same without Kara and the Blue Skies team. I thank you a million times and would recommend them to anyone and everyone!!!! :)

Sent on 04/08/2019

Ashley · Married on 03/30/2019

No doubt the best choice!

My wedding planners were Kelly & Heather. They both were very detail oriented, had excellent communication and even helped me plan our wedding out of state! Like most, this is our first time planning a wedding, and the overwhelming feeling that I needed to know everything was gone as soon as I spoke with them in the initial phone call. They took so much off my plate and allowed me to enjoy the moment leading up to the wedding & the wedding with my now HUSBAND!

On the wedding day, I would say I was as cool as a cucumber and got to enjoy champagne with the mother & mother in law & bridesmaids as Heather was handling anything and everything for set up and meeting with vendors on the day of the wedding.

Anything that didn't go as planned, and trust me, not everything is going to go as planned, Heather was our go to!

Best choice I made without a doubt. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely Exceptional

Heather and Blue Skies Events are just amazing. I can truly say that hiring them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. As soon as we had our first meeting with Heather, I was so relaxed because I knew we were in great hands. She made the planning process stress free, was able to immediately step in when I wasn’t sure about something, and was just a dream to work with. She coordinated with all of our vendors, and I kid you not when I say that everything went perfectly according to plan. She took my vision for our wedding and brought it to life... I actually cried when I walked into the reception area and saw how beautiful everything was - it was overwhelmingly perfect. Thank you, Heather and Blue Skies!!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Alexandra · Married on 03/16/2019

Advocate, Professional, Kind, Determined

Our Coordinator was Kara! Kara will advocate for her Bride's! I was impressed with her determination to always help me feel like everything was going to be ok, I didn't stress as much knowing she had everything under control. She was a great help our wedding day!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 02/23/2019

Best money we've ever spent

When we were planning this wedding we went back and fourth if we needed a day of coordinator. I can honestly say it was the best decision we made! After a phone call with Heather, we were matched with Samantha. From start to finish Samantha was always there so answer any questions big or small. Samantha had resolved issues before I even knew about them. She was professional, kind, and organized. I honestly don't know how this wedding could have went on as flawlessly without her! Thank you so much, Samantha!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 02/22/2019

Amazing! Heather and her team are beyond words.

Heather and her team go above and beyond to create the wedding of your dreams. We gave them an out of the box idea and they ran with it. No questions or concerns, they took our vision and made it happen. We wanted a wedding in our back yard. Not a back yard wedding. We had a formal night time wedding which turned out beyond our expectations. If you read this review, HIRE THEM!

Sent on 02/27/2019