Bird Dog Wedding Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Nicole
    Nicole W. Married on 10/01/2021

Bird Dog was the best decision we've ever made...

We have been through quite the journey with Emily & Monica! Our wedding was initially planned for April 2020 and we postponed twice; first to October 2020 and then to October 2021.

We cannot imagine navigating postponing our wedding without them. They handled everything efficiently, calmly and with such grace. They took the stress out of a very stressful situation and made us feel hopeful during a time in which we were feeling very defeated.

Seeing our vision finally come together in October 2021 was an absolute dream come true. We truly could not have pictured a more perfect day. We were completely blown away by Emily's design and could not get over how visually stunning everything was. Monica, being the organized boss that she is, made sure that we didn't worry about a single thing on our wedding day.

Thanks to the Bird Dog team, we were able to be fully present with our friends and family on our wedding day. Monica & Emily are just all around wonderful people and were such a pleasure to work with. We had the time of our lives and are forever grateful for them.

Can we do it again please???
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Married on 09/01/2021

Amazing experience with BD!

My husband and I just got married last weekend, and we truly can't say enough nice things about Bird Dog. Monica and Emily were absolutely amazing to work with, especially given all of the uncertainty that came with planning a wedding during the pandemic. Not only are they super organized, but they were able to beautifully bring to life our wedding vision to life - really showing their expertise from both a wedding planning and design expertise. My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend any couples getting married to work with Monica and Emily - we and our families can't stop raving about how amazing the wedding was.
    Annie G. Married on 08/06/2021

In love with bird dog wedding!

Working with Bird Dog Wedding was the best decision we could have made in this process. We didn't see ourselves as "wedding" people and were nervous about feeling understood as we decided to kick off this chapter....but Monica and Emily's INCREDIBLE ability to understand us, turn that understanding into the most perfect + unique creative vision , and execute on it with their vendor network who is clearly obsessed with them -- alongside their operational excellence in poking every hole to ensure logistical success with responsiveness and care -- put us at ease every step of the way. And when the pandemic hit and we needed to shift gears, they dropped everything to bring our vision to life in a micro format *six months early*, helping us to honor our original plan in ways we never thought possible, rallying vendors to stay on board to support in new COVID-friendly formats and live streaming it to 250 people at home. Bird Dog will bring your personalities to life effortlessly through every unique touch, they will be transparent with you about what will work and what won't (and they'll always be right)... in a pandemic or not! Do yourself a favor, especially you "non-traditional" bohemian brides, and sign on these gals. THEY ARE THE BEST.
  • Whitney
    Whitney R. Married on 06/19/2021

A fun, creative, organized powerhouse!

Monica and Emily of Bird Dog Weddings are an incredible team of experts. Not only are they kind and good people, they are passionate about making your wedding special and tailored to you. They truly go above and beyond in all aspects and can bring any vision to life. I got married two weeks ago and so many of our guests continue to text us daily about how beautiful and different our wedding was. I could go on and on and on, but I can honestly say that I could not have picked a better wedding planning service and would recommend them to any bride, groom, or person who is looking forward to a collaborative planning process, flawless execution, and a simply MAGICAL wholistic experience. Working with them was just as fun as getting married and I will miss them now that it's over haha!!!
  • Danielle
    Danielle G. Married on 04/17/2021

Look no further

Brides- do yourself a favor and look no further. Emily is a wedding goddess. Book them now! Emily was an absolute DREAM to work with. I just got married on 4/17/2021. I reached out to Emily after feeling so defeated with the wedding planning process after my destination wedding in Mexico was postponed and then ultimately cancelled. I put her to the test, BDW planned my whole wedding in under four months. From the moment I met Emily, I knew she was the one. She help me mentally and physically pivot, redirect and land the plane! She took my inspiration that I had for my original wedding and made it come to life. She helped with every vendor and making very helpful suggestions at every turn. Emily is extremely talented at her role and I let her take the heavy lifting off my plate. I leaned into her ideas and let her make the "design" decisions for a lot of the wedding knowing, she knows my vision and I trusted her. I have a type A personality and am very organized but I needed to release the control to someone else for this big moment in our life. She nailed it! My wedding was beautiful, fun, stress free, and memorable. I can not express my how much gratitude I have towards Emily and the team that made our day happen. By the way, I live in Houston and we did 99% of everything virtually through zoom, calls and emails. BDW IS THE DREAM TEAM!
  • Carly
    Carly G. Married on 02/10/2021

Birddog for president!

When people ask me about our wedding one of the very first questions is... "WHO PLANNED THAT THING!!?" and then I go into my full 20 minute rant about Birddog and how you just simply cannot get married without them.

Where do I begin with the BD team!! I cannot put into words the amount of passion, heart, and pure genius these ladies put into our wedding this last October at the Greenhouse at Driftwood. First of all, Monica is an absolute detail QUEEN… she is meticulous and thinks of EVERYTHING. If anything went wrong on our wedding day (which is inevitable with weather and other un-controllable), I can assure you their team had it handled and I didn’t know a thing! Secondly, Emily is a freaking mastermind of design and creativity!!! From florals, to rentals, to invites, and everything in between, Emily knows how to tie it all in and make it unique! Her ability to take what you envision and bring it from Pinterest to reality is second to none.

Together they make the most perfect team - They are the cream of the crop and the absolute best in the industry, hands down. I will forever cherish the year and a half we spent planning this thing together, and I can’t wait to follow along for all the beautiful events they put on in the future!
  • Juliana
    Juliana R. Married on 11/28/2020

Bird Dog Wedding is the G.O.A.T.

My wedding hasn’t even happened yet and BDW has already earned 5 stars (and then some)! After working with the Bird Dog gals for over a year, I can say with confidence that hiring them was the best decision of our entire planning process.

Emily is a design QUEEN and Monica is an organizational GODDESS. Our Spring wedding would have been AMAZING thanks to them, but unfortunately we are one of the unlucky corona couples and had to postpone our April wedding to November. I know our Fall wedding will be even more perfect thanks to team Bird Dog!

When corona hit the fan, they went above and beyond to facilitate our postponement. Within an hour of selecting our new date, all of our vendors had been contacted and were in the process of transitioning our event to November. The situation. Was. Handled. I truly don’t know how we would have gotten through this without them, and I am (not so secretly) excited to continue working with them for another 8 months.

We are legit obsessed with Bird Dog Wedding. In these uncertain times…we are certain that we hired the best wedding planners in Austin. Thank you, ladies!!
  • Marisa
    Marisa S. Married on 10/17/2020

Bird Dog Wedding is the absolute best!!!

Hands down the best decision, and most important decision, we made while wedding planning was picking Bird Dog Wedding to plan our event. I remember the first time I talked to Monica on the phone I knew that they were the perfect fit for us. One of my bridesmaid's sister had used BDW to plan her wedding and I was familiar with the magic they created, but I was blown away with what they were able to accomplish with our wedding.

Our original wedding date was April 25th and thus were one of the first weddings that had to get postponed due to COVID. We eventually postponed twice and ended up completely switching venues from a large, indoor venue in downtown Austin to our back yard out in Dripping Springs. Monica and Emily basically had to plan 2 entirely different weddings and found a way to pivot our vision from a 200 person indoor wedding, to a 65 person outdoor wedding.

Monica is an absolute project management genius. She organized every detail and every minute of our event and handled the multiple postponements and changes like a champ. Dealing with a normal wedding is a lot of work, but the way she handled multiple contract changes with our postponements is unbelievable. She made a COVID wedding stress free for myself and Matt which I'm still not sure how that is possible.

Emily is the most brilliant designer I’ve ever seen. Every element of our wedding tied together perfectly and created the most beautiful event I've ever been to. She transformed our home into the wedding venue of my dreams. Every vendor she selected was the best of their craft and it all came together for the most perfect day.

I cannot say enough good things about these two ladies. Not only did they care about creating the most magical day for me and Matt, but they also cared about us like family. I know Monica and Emily will stay a part of my life forever and for that I feel eternally thankful.
    Kirk G. Married on 10/03/2020

South Congress Hotel Wedding

Planning a wedding is stressful. Planning a wedding during a pandemic is a different level of stress all together. Through the entire process, Meredith was willing to listen to my concerns and provide helpful information. On the day of, I was able to leave my phone in the room and everything was executed to perfection! In addition, any of the decisions she made with design and signage turned out great. To this day the guests are still raving about our wedding weekend. Many thanks to Meredith and BDW for helping us pull off our big day!!! Would highly recommend.
  • Catherine
    Catherine S. Married on 07/10/2020

Bird Dog will make your day PERFECT & SPECIAL!

Working with Monica and Emily is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Emily brings the design expertise and Monica brings her get sh** done expertise and together they are a SUPER team. We loved working with them and always felt like we were in good hands. Two months out from the wedding, when they fully took everything over - they kick things into high high gear and are ready to make every detail for you perfect. Our wedding day was executed with military precision - were were VERY impressed and our guests all commented how smoothly everything ran. We had a few specific requests that were handled with such care and enthusiasm, it really made our wedding day perfect and special for us. Because we were planning our wedding from another city, it was so helpful to have Bird Dog on the ground in Austin as well as always available for a call or emails. We could not have planned our wedding without Bird Dog and are so grateful for them. Highly recommend!
  • Nicole
    Nicole D. Married on 04/04/2020

Actual Angels

Working with Monica & Emily was truly the best decision my fiance and I made in regards to our wedding. We’ve spent the last year working together to plan the perfect day. From our initial kickoff meeting, we knew that we were working with the best of the best. They’ve made the entire wedding planning process seamless and stress free. Aside from being incredibly talented and professional, they are also thoughtful, empathetic, kind and all around great humans.

Our original wedding date was planned for 4/4/20. About a week ago, a wave of panic came over me and started to consume me due to the news surrounding the Coronavirus. I knew there was a chance we would need to postpone, but I did not want to face the reality of it so I held out on contacting them hoping everything would just go back to normal.

Last Friday, Emily & Monica proactively gave me a call to check in and see how I was doing with everything. They did not pressure me one way or another, but let me know that in the event we needed to postpone that all of the vendors were being super flexible and assured me that we could make it work with little to no extra financial burden. That call in itself was a massive weight lifted off my shoulders as I was so anxiety ridden that we would lose all of our money and have to cancel the wedding altogether.

We ultimately decided to postpone, and about an hour after sending them our decision via text, they had almost all of the original vendors confirmed for our new date in October at our original venue. Since they’ve helped us make the change, my fiance and I are so relieved and feel as if we can finally breathe knowing everything has been taken care of. They are absolute miracle workers and we feel so grateful to have them in our corner through this process.
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/05/2019

Can't go wrong with these ladies

Monica, our day-of coordinator, and her assistant, Meredith, truly went above and beyond to deliver a beautiful execution of what we were envisioning for our big day. From the very get-go, Monica was very responsive, personable and extremely organized. She took all our ideas and wishes into account and provided the perfect solutions for every question or concern that came up throughout the entire process. A couple months before the wedding, she took over the reigns and kicked the planning into high gear. From orchestrating a well-thought out timeline to personally setting up the lounge and assembling the lighting the morning of herself, she completely exceeded all of our expectations and so much more. Our wedding day was so magical and perfect in every way. The entire day, we were so calm and completely at ease knowing we were in good hands. All of our guests still continue to comment how beautiful the whole day was and it certainly wouldn't have been that way without the help of the ladies at Bird Dog.
    Sara S. Married on 09/28/2019

Bird Dog Wedding is the Greatest

I'll start by saying that we would have been absolutely lost without Monica and Emily. I was not a bride that had really had a "vision" for my wedding day. I didn't even have a Pinterest board. I knew that I loved beautiful and unique flowers, that I wanted a live band, and that I was getting married at Laguna Gloria, but that's about it. During our initial meeting, Emily had very focused design questions that really helped both of us get a sense of what I loved and what I didn't love, and then shortly after, she sent over a gorgeous mood board that captured what our wedding day would look like. Meanwhile, Monica started working on vendor recommendations, pricing, and everything logistics. For the next few months of planning, they were with us every step of the way (and doing a lot of hand holding with me), thinking up amazing design details, coordinating with vendors, and everything in between. Monica and Emily are the most fantastic duo because not only are they kind (and extremely patient), but their traits and strengths compliment each other so well. Nothing, and I mean nothing, slips through the cracks between Monica and Emily, which is the greatest peace of mind that you can have on your wedding day. While I know that I am a bit biased, I honestly believe that our wedding day was one of the most gorgeous, stress-free days of our entire lives. Every wedding that they create is unique and beautiful, and we truly couldn't recommend Bird Dog more!
  • Jules
    Jules F. Married on 05/31/2019

Bird Dog Rocks!

These chicks rule! My husband and I planned a destination wedding in Austin and we absolutely could not have done it without Monica & the entire Bird Dog team. We initially wanted to work with Bird Dog because of their amazing creativity shown on their website and instagram but ended up getting so much more than that. Monica and team were invaluable throughout the entire planning process, especially being that we were out of state. Monica connected us with our entire team of vendors, each one carefully curated for us and our specific vibe. Their network of vendors is top tier, we had a true dream team! Monica took the stress of planning away by giving us timelines and planning tools that really made the experience so much more enjoyable. Each time we spoke with her, we felt she truly listened to our dreams and made them come to life! The Birddog team is professional and organized, taking care of every little detail of the day as if it was their own. We felt completely confident and comfortable on our wedding day that Monica, Emily and team would have everything under control and because of that we were able to truly be present in each moment of our magical day. Not only is this team grade A planners but they are amazing humans as well - kind, caring and big-hearted! We are forever grateful for the love they put into our day, we would hands-down recommend Monica and the entire Bird Dog Wedding team - we love y'all!
  • Meghan
    Meghan T. Married on 05/18/2019

Best wedding decision we made!

I can't recommend Monica and Emily enough! We worked with them for about a year leading up to our May 2019 wedding, and the day of couldn't have gone smoother. Monica was our main point of contact and she was incredibly responsive throughout our entire relationship. She went out of her way to answer our questions, make vendor recommendations in our budget, and bring together our design in a way that far exceeded anything my husband and I could have done on our own! Emily has an incredible eye for design and was on site for our rehearsal dinner as well, which was almost as elaborate as a wedding on its own, and we couldn't have done it that night without her! If you're on the fence about hiring a planner, my biggest piece of advice is DO IT! And if you're going to hire a planner, make it Bird Dog - our day was complete and utter magic and it was entirely because of Emily and Monica's tireless work. We are forever grateful!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 04/27/2019

Incredible Experience with the Most Talented Planners

We worked with Bird Dog Wedding to plan our Austin wedding this past April at Prospect House. It’s hard to overstate what an incredible job Emily and Monica did to make our special day perfect. We don’t know what we would have done without them. From our first meeting, when Emily and Monica picked up on our vision right away to the very last minute details on the day of, the Bird Dog team was hard working, incredibly responsive, professional, and friendly. This was all the more important because we were planning our Austin wedding from the East Coast where we live. They were able to guide us through selecting from a curated set of reliable vendors which fit our budget and design goals. Emily and Monica were the dream team for coordinating and handling all the details - many of which we hadn’t even considered. They were the ultimate calming presence in what would have been an otherwise stressful process and they were always available to answer even the smallest of questions. They consistently went above and beyond what we expected in all aspects. In the end, our wedding was an absolute dream and everything came together perfectly. We had so many guests tell us after our wedding that it was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable weddings they had ever been to. With Bird Dog, we were able to really sit back and take in our special day. We cannot give a higher recommendation to Emily and Monica. We honestly miss talking to them as they were so much fun to work with. If you are looking for a planner that will deliver a unique and personal event with attention to detail, impeccable taste, and perfect management, Bird Dog should seriously be your top choice.
  • Ryan
    Ryan H. Married on 04/06/2019

Absolutely Stellar

Monica is a gem. Super competent, highly experienced, pays attention, and provides solutions for problems even before they come up. If there were any issues on the wedding day (and I'm sure there were a lot of them given previous issues with the venue itself), my wife and I didn't hear about them, which is the whole reason you hire a wedding planner, so you can enjoy the momentous day you'll remember for a lifetime. So highly recommended!
  • Emily
    Emily R. Married on 03/23/2019

Bird Dog is the BEST!

As a bride you’d never imagine feeling completely relaxed on the day of your wedding but I was so confident that we were in the best hands with Bird Dog Wedding and that everything would go smoothly, I was able to put my energy into my friends and family and having the best day ever. Having peace of mind on such an important day in your life is priceless. From our first call I knew Emily & Monica would help us create our dream wedding and we could never have pulled off such an incredible event without them.

I was living in New York when I started planning my destination wedding in Austin, Texas and working with Emily & Monica was wonderful despite the distance. 6 months into planning I moved to London and even with a 6+ hour time difference and busy work schedules Emily & Monica were flexible and professional throughout and absolutely wonderful to work with. From design, to vendor recommendations, to coordinating all the little details and responding to emails with lightning fast precision, Monica and Emily were on top of it all.

In terms of design vision I had a strong one, and we wanted something unique and Bird Dog helped bring that vision to life from the beginning. Emily and Monica had wonderfully creative ideas and recommendations to ensure every detail was perfect along the way and always offered options for making things cost effective. Their recommendations helped us build a dream team of vendors and create the most gorgeous wedding day. We had no idea at the start just how much work goes into the planning of a wedding, and Bird Dog was great about walking us through the process with impeccable attention to detail. On the day of the wedding their team coordinated everything perfectly, we had several guests comment how cohesive the design elements were and how beautiful the entire wedding was. We highly recommend working with Bird Dog!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 03/02/2019

Emily Leach is a genius.

Emily Leach & Bird Dog Wedding came highly recommended from very close friends and it was the best decision I made during my wedding planning process. In the beginning, I was indecisive about what I envisioned and kept giving her thoughts that contradicted each other, but Emily distilled order from my mental chaos into the most magical, beautiful day. She's remarkably creative, calm, extremely organized, and has wonderful relationships with so many vendors. She was able to organize a tent share at the venue with the wedding before and after ours and saved us thousands of dollars. Emily and her team's talent and patience is immeasurable and I can't recommend them enough. Bird Dog orchestrated a dream wedding that my husband and our families are forever grateful for.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 03/01/2019

The absolute best

Brides—hiring these ladies will be the best decision you make when it comes to planning your day. Within minutes of my first phone call with Monica she completely calmed my fears about wedding planning & transformed my mindset. It was a no brainer from that moment that I needed them in my life. Monica & Emily are invaluable & they give you 100% from day one. Their vendor recommendations connected me with the rest of our wedding dream team and ensured a perfect day. Emily is a creative genius & after only an hour meeting she knew exactly what I was envisioning. There was never a suggestion of hers that I didn’t love. She has a brilliant eye for the finished product & turning your dream into reality!
    If you’re struggling with fears about the costs of a wedding, I cannot recommend Bird Dog enough! They were able to facilitate a tent share with two other weddings at our venue & save us thousands of dollars—something we would never have been able to do on our own. They always have your best interest in mind when making decisions regarding décor/rentals & they have great tips for DIY options & where you can make cuts without sacrificing. Monica’s superior planning skills are heaven sent. No matter how organized you think you are, you want her in your life! From her advice & reassurances to her timelines & flawless execution, I am so thankful to know her. Monica and Emily will have your back the entire time. On the morning of our wedding, when the weather turned a little colder than planned, they even made a Home Goods run to pick up a handful of throw blankets for our reception to ease my mind. Emily and Monica are genuinely the kindest people you’ll work with. I could go on for days about these ladies, but one of the most important things I can say about them is that they truly care about their couples. You are their number one priority & you will always feel that way. You never need to worry or wonder if they are taking care of business. They are.
    Anthony S. Married on 02/11/2019

Best Wedding Planners Of All TIME!

Monica and Emily of Bird Dog Wedding made our dream wedding come to life. Our wedding was in Nov 2, 2019 and we started planning with them around October of 2018. Throughout the entire year leading up, they were both very active and super responsive to any questions we had and on top of every single detail with vendors. We bombarded them with lots of changes and requests for over 365 days and they could not have been more understanding and pro active to make everything exactly how we wanted it. During the day of the wedding we were a bit nervous on how everything would come together but Monica took care of everything. Vendor set up and design details all happened seamlessly without us even noticing as we were focused on our big day. Nothing but the highest praise to these women who were really the best people we could ever imagine to help make our wedding day be as special as it was.
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 02/02/2019

Can't go wrong with the BDW ladies!

We used Bird Dog Wedding for planning and design coordination for our February 2nd wedding at Mercury Hall and can't say enough about how great Monica and Emily were. When we arrived at the venue on the day of the wedding I was truly floored by how absolutely perfect everything looked - every little detail was taken care of, and the whole setup was completely magical. Monica (our primary contact) and Emily (who did our design work) were so responsive and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, and never lost patience with us as we changed our mind a million times on budget for various items, what type of appetizers we wanted, whether to do a first look, and everything else. They had awesome suggestions for vendors, tips on. how much alcohol to order, and every other thing you could imagine. They were especially great during the week leading up to the wedding when we were trying to decide whether we'd need to go with our backup "rain plan", including negotiating with some of the vendors to give us an extra 24 hours to make the call on whether or not to set up our tent (we did, and it looked beautiful anyway!). Thank you ladies for all of your help and support throughout the process, and for helping bring our dream wedding to reality!
    David B. Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible

Emily and Monica were incredible, not just at handling the logistics seamlessly, but also by doing an extraordinary job creating a unique and astonishing design. Everything looked amazing! We loved the idea of something that was romantic but masculine with bright, deeper tones that represent us: emotional, bold, whimsical, and strong, and they really delivered. We got married at 800 congress, which is a “blank slate” venue, so all the design had to be brought in. From a zillion rentals, custom pieces, tons of vendors, etc., it was amazing how everything really came together to form a cohesive, unique look that surpassed everything we had dreamed of.

Emily and Monica connected us phenomenal team of vendors. We had no stress on our wedding day and everything went as planned! Further, we do not live in Austin, and could not have found all the wonderful people remotely. They offered amazing advice on each decision. Working with Bird Dog, we came up with a number of unique touches that would not have come together in less experienced hands.

We could not be happier with our wedding, and we are actually a bit sad we do not have another event to work with them on. We miss working with Bird Dog!
  • Sophie
    Sophie Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing in every way!

Emily and Monica of Bird Dog made our entire wedding process a DREAM!! Emily is incredibly talented and her creativity and design sense is impeccable. We gave her very little direction and somehow she came up with a design that was everything we wanted and more. The event was absolutely stunning and so perfectly represented our personalities – I was speechless when I saw it all put together! They created this incredible atmosphere that I just wanted to live in forever.

The planning process was so smooth and zero stress. Emily and Monica were on top of every detail – I didn’t have to think! Every vendor that BDW recommended was awesome to work with and totally nailed the vision. All communication, logistics, budget, etc. was handled seamlessly. I was able to sit back and truly enjoy every aspect of the wedding weekend.

Finally – they are both just awesome people, great energy, and a calming presence on the day. Seriously the best decision we made – love you guys!!
    Alana Married on 09/02/2018

Obsessed with Bird dog!

Cannot say enough good things about Emily and her team. She has the most amazing eye for design. Everything she does is beautiful and she is able to really capture your style. She went above and beyond and I trust her with my life haha! Seriously the very very best. Every vendor raved about her and I now understand why. Highly recommend

Bird Dog Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much, Alana! Absolutely loved working with you on your gorgeous wedding!! So many congratulations!