Austin Wedding Planners Reviews

Austin Wedding Planners 4
Austin Wedding Planners 5
Austin Wedding Planners 6
Austin Wedding Planners 7

I planned our wedding held at the beautiful Star Hill Ranch in Austin from New York. It was an extreme challenge to say the least living so far away! I was on a tight budget and did not have room really for a full blown planner, though that would have been awesome. I decided to make room in the budget for at least a day-of planner.

I searched high and low and narrowed down to two. I was lucky to meet Rosa in person on one of my trips to Austin. She was so delightful and we were on the same page. We had a personal connection and the choice for me was clear. I was able to compromise between hiring Rosa as a full wedding planner and a day-of coordinator only, and found a package that was a "Wedding Consultant".

Rosa worked with me on my budget, which was so important. If you're like most brides, you have never planned a wedding, and need help. Your friends and mom can help, sure, but it's not the same. With the package I got with Rosa, I owned the relationships with all the vendors, but Rosa was copied on every email, and she helped me through it all. Most coordinators/consultants don't start engaging with you in a big way until 2-3 months leading up to the wedding day. Rosa was there for me for a full 9 months!

On the month/week of Rosa was completely in charge. I gave her all contracts and she coordinated a walk-through with the vendors as well as was the point person as it got closer to the big day. At rehearsal, she was ON it. We all just let her take charge, but she made sure she took all our wants and needs into account. Which brings up another important point. With all the vendors (especially the caterer), Rosa made sure my voice was heard. Some vendors were pushy, and she stood her ground with the things that I really wanted. I appreciated that so much about her.

Lastly, on the day-of, Rosa and her assistants were outstanding. She made sure everything ran smoothly. My family fell in love with her just like I did! Thanks for everything, Rosa.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2013

Rosa played an essential role in keeping myself and my mother calm and collected on the wedding day and leading up to the big day. She thinks of everything!!!! Her staff that helped the day of were right on time, polite, professional, and smart! They seemed to jump right in without needing much guidance. They had a way of blending in and not getting in the way which was important because my husband and I had an intimate wedding day that revolved mostly around a 65 person sit down lunch. Rosa has a fantastic sense of humor. She is warm and incredibly knowledgable. She has been involved in nearly every aspect of the industry which makes her highly valuable. I was thrilled with how our day turned out and so happy we were able to enjoy it.

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Austin Wedding Planners 12
    Austin Wedding Planners 13
    Austin Wedding Planners 14

Tegan · Married on 03/29/2013

We could not have asked for a better wedding planner than Rosa Gibson! She is such a wonderful, kind and loving person. We enjoyed every minute of the year we worked together with her and her fabulous team. Our wedding took place at the amazing Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, and boy not only did Rosa nail every little tedious detail in our wedding, but she went above and beyond our expectations!! She has many great connections with vendors and a wonderful reputation with each, which in turn really helped our special day become that much better. Rosa was always quick to respond to our needs and was always on top of her game. In our opinion, Rosa is the best out there because not only does she truly care about your needs, but she is very passionate about her career and thats what sets her apart from all the other professionals in the business. Thank you Rosa for making our dreams come true!!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Suzanne · Married on 03/22/2013

Rosa was such a wonderful wedding coordinator! I could not have asked for a better coordinator for my March 2013 wedding. Rosa was always prompt to respond to any emails or phone calls. My wedding exceeded my expectations – it was more beautiful and perfect than I could have dreamed. Without Rosa, this could not have been possible! Rosa was especially helpful the few weeks before my wedding as she coordinated with all of the vendors. Rosa was a joy to work with and I would highly recommend her as your wedding coordinator!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Amber · Married on 03/16/2013

Rosa was so helpful and so nice. She really was a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/07/2013

Rosa might be the most wonderful person to help you with planning your wedding. She went above and beyond to help my fiance and I plan our wedding. If it was not for Rosa we would of been a complete wreak and completely lost! Thank you Rosa!

Sent on 10/22/2013

I started out like many brides-to-be thinking that my wedding was going to be low key and simple and I could handle it. Ha! Luckily, my fiancé encouraged me to just hire someone to help. I was trying to control the budget, but reluctantly agreed. I spoke with a couple of potential wedding planners, but when we met Rosa, we knew she was it. She is a very warm and friendly person, but not afraid to speak up when something was not right with one of our vendors. She was honest and told us when she thought we should go a different direction. She also sensed when I wasn't totally pleased and pushed me to make sure I got what I wanted and didn't settle. And she was very accommodating and understanding when we had to completely change our wedding date only 1 month before our wedding due to unforeseen circumstances. Rosa really cares about her business and loves what she does.

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 12/28/2012

After our first meeting, I knew I wanted Rosa Gibson of Austin Wedding Planners to be the coordinator for our wedding in December of 2012. She is extremely knowledgeable about all things wedding, and she goes above and beyond to treat her brides (and grooms!) as if they were a member of her own family. Although she was our "day of" coordinator, she helped me out with SO many things long before the day of! She always responded promptly via e-mail or phone about any questions I had throughout the planning process, helped me find vendors when I wasn't sure where to look, came to my food tasting with me when my fiance wasn't able to, and even figured out how to tie the ribbon on my wedding gown when we couldn't get it to look right! There are a thousand other great things I could say about this woman, but all you need to know is that she will do an excellent job with your event. We're so happy we hired AWP by Rosa for our wedding, it was a beautiful night enjoyed by all!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Pete · Married on 11/30/2012

It has been two years since we worked with Rosa and not a week goes by that we were thankful to have her at such an affordable price. The time, energy and thoroughness was a welcome respite for what we had to deal with for such an important event in our life. Everything went off without a hiccup and Rosa made all the calls necessary for our event to be organized from the vendors to us following all the rules for the event space that we used, Mercury Hall, and even clean up after Sara and I had left for our honey moon. It was cool to work with her and she had some good advice for us from decorations and saving money if your on a budget. I would recommend her for any special event in your life that needs that special touch and attention. Thank you Rosa for making our wedding as special to you as it was to us.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Kim · Married on 11/24/2012

Rosa is the kind of business professional that gives wedding planners a good name. Her dedication to detail and ability to organize schedules is perfection. Her background in catering and marketing allows her to understand the ins and outs of an event and her diplomacy and sensitivity to the client makes her a super person to have behind the scenes. As a wedding professional myself, I enjoy working with competent planners as they make my job so much more enjoyable. I can recommend Rosa and look forward to working with her again.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Loved working with Rosa Gibson from Austin Wedding Planners. She was a very calming influence and thought of many things that my daughter and I would have overlooked. She became like part of the family.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Nikki · Married on 10/27/2012

Rosa was absolutely amazing! As mentioned in other reviews, she too was our "Day Of" coordinator but she did so much more than I ever expected. Her and I talked on the phone weekly and she was constantly available via email and phone and made time for me no matter what. Our wedding went absolutely flawlessly and my family and friends loved her and the wonderful team helping her! Even my other vendors said how much they enjoyed working with her and her team! She is such a sweetheart and so easy to work with, we were so blessed to have her! Don't think twice, hire Rosa now and save yourself so much time and know that you are in great hands!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Sara · Married on 10/22/2012

I started looking for a wedding planner when I started to feel overwhelmed with all the details of planning that I thought I could do all by myself. I decided to look into the services of Rosa Gibson from Austin Wedding Planners especially after reading all the positive reviews online about her. She got in touch with me right away and set up a time to meet up. I felt comfortable talking to her about our budget and what we had in mind for our wedding. She is very knowledgeable and was able to guide us in choosing our vendors and giving us some very helpful suggestions. In fact, she called a vendor on our behalf to get us a discount when it was overlooked and helped us to save some money. I was so grateful for that! She has been very diligent and professional in keeping in touch with us and making sure we are both up to date with all of our vendors. When I have had some concerns of wedding specifics I was able to call her and get her guidance in how to handle them. And everything turned out perfect! As the big day approaches (11/30/12) I am feeling so much better knowing that she is going to be there to help guide the day and make sure everything goes as planned.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Haylie · Married on 06/02/2012

Rosa was recommend to me by a client that had just gotten married. From the first second my Mom and I met Rosa she made me feel like we were old friends. She is so professional and is very knowledge about local vendors and the dos and don'ts of planning a wedding. Rosa was always on top of the things. We hired her as a day of coordinator but ended up having her help us with so much more. The day of my wedding ran so smoothly because of the amazing time line Rosa wrote for the wedding day. All vendors knew when to be there and what to do. I didn't have to lift a finger. My wedding was more then I could ever ask for and i give Rosa a lot of the credit. Not only is she great at her job she is so nice! I would recommend Austin Wedding Planners by Rosa to everyone that is getting married....

Sent on 07/25/2012

Rachael · Married on 05/27/2012

I have to say I had the most memorable wedding thanks to my special wedding planner. She not only stood by my side the entire way but shined the light when things got tough during the wedding day. I had laughs, cries, and millions of smiles with her. She made my wedding the most special day of my life. Her amazing ideas and wonderful taste made the decorations more than what I expected. Without her I could not do it. It was worth the money and time of 2 years of planning with Rosa to make this wedding unique and a day to remember forever. Definately go with Rosa and take her advise it is highly reccommended.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2012

I can not praise Rosa enough. She was a lifesaver when it came to all the details of my wedding. She helped everything go super smoothly. I could not have done it without her! She is super sweet and super detail oriented- which really helps out in the weeks leading up to the big day!

Sent on 06/07/2012

dawn · Married on 03/10/2012

Rosa with Austin wedding planners was absolutely the best investment I made in my wedding. Professional yet friendly, she coordinated my wedding reception perfectly, down to the tiniest of details that I would have never thought of.
    I initially did not feel that I needed a wedding planner, but once I got deep into the details, I realized that I needed help. She thought of everything, kept me in the loop on everything, and as our date got closer and I got more nervous, she basically said "sit back and relax, I've got everything under control." And she did. There was not one detail that I would have changed. If you are deciding whether or not a planner is worth the money, I know for a fact it is something you should decide to do. Once you make that decision, and put everything in Rosa's hands, you will feel a great weight lifted. After all, it is YOUR day. You should not have to worry about all the details that will drive you crazy if you try to do it yourself.
    Thank you, Rosa, from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 04/09/2012

Kristen · Married on 03/03/2012

Rosa was a truly amazing person. My husband and I were truly grateful for how wonderful Rosa's help was to us.

We hired Rosa for just the day of but, she helped us the whole entire process and always kept both of us on track.

Rosa worked amazingly well with all of my vendors and all of my family and friends that were involved in the wedding.

I work all the time, as does my husband and we both have long hours. She was so patient, understanding and was willing to talk and work with us when it was convenient for us.

If you are looking for a patient, organized and insanely detailed oriented wedding planner, Rosa is your girl!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Cindy · Married on 12/10/2011

Rosa was the best thing we did for our wedding. From the very start she was so nice to us and always positive and calm. Even though we only hired her as our day-of coordinator, she met with us multiple times throughout the wedding planning process and helped with whatever we needed. She gave suggestions for vendors, help make contact with vendors, created a flawless timeline, and ran everything on the day of our wedding. We couldn't have done it without her!! She is the best!!

Sent on 04/05/2012
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/22/2011

Words cannot express how amazing Rosa Gibson of Austin Wedding Planners by Rosa is, but I will try my very best. She was our wedding planner for our wedding on October 22, 2011. We hired her for the day-of coordination package in 2010.

Rosa provides exceptional service to her brides/couples without a doubt. She is passionate, kind, creative, helpful, professional and overall exquisite. She gets the highest rating that I can give her because she simply is the best at what she does.

Rosa meets every brides/couples needs. If you have a question, she answers immediately. She is professional in every sense of the word. She responds to any contact very quickly and her phone calls are very constructive. Her experience shows when she takes the lead in coordinating. After meeting her the first time, we never had any doubts about her. What an amazing woman she is.

She took the 'bad cop' out of our wedding planning for us. Instead of us having to deal with bickering family and chaotic times, we got to relax and breath during very stressful times. She stressed that it was OUR wedding not our family's or friends. She understood that we wanted to take care of our guests, but not let them intrude on the planning.

Everything that we asked of her, she took care of. She worked well with the vendors, and we trusted her 110% with our wedding. She made sure all of the little problems were solved and my groom and I never had to deal with vendors or coordinating whatsoever.

Our wedding was perfection thanks to her. I couldn't imagine our wedding without Rosa being a part of it.

I have to say that we were a bit hesitant about hiring a wedding planner, in fact the groom and my mother were not too sure about it.
    Rosa showed both my groom and my mother how much responsibility a wedding planner takes off of the bride and groom. My mother and husband now praise her for her work and how amazing she was on our wedding day.

We will be recommending Rosa and Austin Wedding Planners by Rosa for years and years to come.

Thank you Rosa from the bottom of my heart. We are so very blessed and honored to have had you as our wedding planner!

If you need to hear more about our personal story with Rosa, please feel free to email me at mrsluckylee(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Sent on 12/30/2011
  • F

Terri · Married on 10/07/2011

I have to say, Austin Wedding Planners by Rosa were life savers for me. I was one of those brave brides that tried to do it all on her own. As the day approached, I realized I had too much on my plate and I needed HELP!!! I contacted several wedding planners just one week before our big day. Rosa was the only one that responded promptly and was willing to work with us to take on the tasks we needed help with. She was very flexible with our budget and stayed in constant contact with me to make sure everything was taken care of. She helped me think of things that I had not even thought of so that our day would turn out just the way we wanted. I was able to sit back and relax the morning of our wedding instead of running around trying to take care of last minute details. I will definitely recommend Rosa to friends and family that need help with their plans.

Sent on 02/29/2012

Lacy · Married on 09/03/2011

Rosa Gibson- To say the least, she was a “Life Saver” for me while trying to plan my wedding. I was never one of those girls who grew up planning every detail of their wedding day. When the time came for me to plan my “big day” I thought- What the hey, I can do this…. Little did I know the time, stress and downright hard work that comes with planning an event like this. My husband and I had never been in a fight until it came to planning our wedding- what a nightmare. Five months before our wedding we decided it was time to call in for reinforcements. I googled Rosa and from our very first meeting, I knew she was the one for us. She has a personality that is warm and inviting and a smile that makes you feel so at ease. I needed lots of help and really didn’t know what to do next. As soon as I hired Rosa she swooped in and started taking care of everything. I work 10-12 hr days 4-5 days a week so it was great to have Rosa call and update me on decisions that needed to be made and also to have her deal with all the vendors. She completely kept us on track and made sure there were no loose ends. Because of her our day went off without a hitch and went from being something we dreaded to being one of the best days of our lives. As you can see, I cannot say enough about Rosa Gibson. Not only was she a huge blessing and an amazing wedding planner, but we now consider her a lifelong friend. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Marian · Married on 08/06/2011

Rosa Gibson, Austin Wedding Planners, was our "day of" and "day before" wedding coordinator. We began using her in June for an early August wedding. While we had the vast majority of our venues, caterers and vendors lined up and already contracted she was able to add significant value to pulling all of them together and making all of it work. She already knew all of our vendors and venues, and worked with them in the past. Her past experience in the food catering part of the business was an enormous plus in helping us understand what works together and complex timelines.

The wedding attendees were all from out of town. She coordinated all of the transportation from hotels to wedding, rehearsal dinner, reception and back to the hotel. No one was left behind and the bus rides were a fun part of the experience! She is a "hands on" coordinator and uses her assistants to help pull things off but does not let them get too far out of her sight. Her coordination on the wedding day was perfect. Everything went off without a hitch on a schedule that was planned down to the minute. We did not have to worry about a thing. She was there behind the scenes getting everyone there on time and meeting the agreed contract.

Leading up to the wedding she was always available for one of our panic calls. She also called us with any questions or vendor issues. Most calls she handled directly with the vendor. Sometimes we would talk several times a day about fairly detailed aspects of the plans. She always was a bright spot in the hectic planning. She was fun to work with and very professional in her coordination. Her calming presence with the anxious parents of the bride was really helpful. We had lots of fun at the wedding knowing that she was there for us.

We have two more daughters that will be married someday and Rosa is "hands down" our wedding planner.

Sent on 02/21/2012

Kelly · Married on 06/11/2011

Rosa was amazing to work with. She and her staff definitely made the process of wedding planning easy and smooth (which was a great relief for my mother!). Even though she was hired as the "day of" coordinator, it felt more like a full-time planner. She kept us on task with our checklist and deadlines as well as recommended vendors along the way. I would definitely recommend Rosa to my closest friends.

Sent on 02/13/2012

Kim · Married on 03/26/2011

Rosa was our day-of coordinator at an outdoor venue called the Lookout. She was also good resource during the planning process, providing us with references to vendors that fit into our modest budget. On the day of the wedding, she demonstrated professionalism and kept things moving smoothly and efficiently. She helped to make our wedding day a huge success!

Sent on 06/30/2011