Austin Wedding Planners Reviews

120 | Austin, TX

120 Reviews for Austin Wedding Planners

• Tobi

Tobi Olatinwo · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Highly Recommended if you want an experienced team

Austin Wedding Planners were fantastic in every step of our wedding. Rosa was very hands on in helping us manage the venue and the vendors. She provided great recommendations for our cake, DJ, and Photographer, who all performed wonderfully at our wedding. Her knowledge and experience was a great resource for us throughout the wedding and during the ceremony, she was on top of every detail and made sure everything went smoothly. Working with Rosa and Austin Wedding Planners was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend them whether you would just like advice or if you want someone to handle the wedding for you . Thank you Austin Wedding Planners!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Angela Ward · Married on 10/06/2019

Best day of our lives ever, thanks to Rosa and AWP

Rosa and her team at Austin Wedding Planners truly made our wedding the best day of our lives! She went above and beyond to pull everything off to make the entire day magical and a day when we could actually relax, be present, and enjoy – since Rosa and her amazing team were there ensuring everything goes smoothly and turns out beautifully. From the time we first spoke to discuss engaging AWP as our wedding planner, my wife and I knew that Rosa was the one who really “got” us and our vision for our day, and she made it happen, which was particularly remarkable since we were planning our entire wedding from NYC. She recommended the best vendors and orchestrated the entire event with the utmost professionalism and true care. Not only did my wife and I have the best day of our lives, but all of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had been to, and we have Rosa and AWP to thank for it.
    Love and thanks,
    Sarah & Angela

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Krista

Krista Chance · Married on 08/17/2019

Excellent experience!

Rosa at Austin Wedding Planners was enormously helpful in planning our wedding. She provided us with recommendations for reliable vendors that were within our budget and had our date available. This save me so much time! I tend to obsessively research, so being able to focus my research on a few trusted vendors rather than the whole world of vendors out there was a lifesaver! In addition, Rosa was invaluable in the weeks leading up the the wedding creating the timeline and coordinating between the vendors. She knows what details the vendors will need to know and made sure everything is worked out ahead of time so I could focus on spending time with family and getting myself ready in the days leading up to the wedding. I didn't have anything to worry about on the day of, she greeted and worked with all of the vendors and led us through all of the events. We also worked with Laura, Mary and Richard on the day of, all were helpful and professional!

Sent on 08/30/2019

S Meyers · Married on 07/12/2019

Professional & Personable - Austin Wedding Planners

I spent quite a bit of time researching wedding planners before I came across Rosa Gibson, Austin Wedding Planners of Austin, Texas. Rosa is extraordinarily well connected in the greater Austin area, and she was instrumental in recommendations for vendors who provided us with the wedding memories we dreamed of. Rosa was extremely responsive to all of my questions, and her knowledge and experience were vital during the planning phase of our event. But where she really excelled was in the execution and management of the details during the final week leading up to and including the ceremony. Rosa was relentless in keeping us on mission and on target all the way through our wedding experience. She has such grace and poise as she seamlessly took control and directed our wedding party, guests and vendors through our beautiful ceremony. I highly recommend Rosa, Richard, her staff and vendors.

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Chao · Married on 05/26/2019

Thank you x a million, AWP!

Without AWP, our wedding honestly wouldn’t have been possible! Rosa Gibson is so helpful, thoughtful, and warm. She went through every detail from signing contracts, to negotiating prices, to keeping us on schedule on the wedding day. She made sure that we felt confident about every step of the planning process, and that our wedding felt unique to us and our families. Austin Wedding Planners were amazing through the entire process and even in checking with us after the wedding - we were so lucky to have them help us!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Jennie Bowser Chao · Married on 05/26/2019

So glad we hired AWP!

Rosa and her team are organized, wonderful advocates for the bride (and family!), knowledgeable, and beyond helpful. We truly enjoyed our daughter’s wedding because of everything they did for us, both before and during the wedding. I can’t say enough positive comments - we’re so thankful for their help and expertise! I would recommend Rosa and her assistants to anyone.

Sent on 06/21/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/18/2019

AWP Is the Best!!

Rosa was so wonderful to work with! My wedding wouldn’t have been so amazing if it wasn’t for her and the rest of AWP. Rosa helped ensure all of our contracts were as they should be, and was very helpful when communicating with vendors. She gave great recommendations as well, from vendors to our timeline. She is such a natural at wedding planning and I can’t thank her enough for all that she did for me! Even though there was an 80% chance of rain the day of my wedding, she remained calm and helped me stay calm and promised rain or shine I’d have the wedding of my dreams. The rain stopped right before the ceremony and everything was perfect! Rosa and her team did so much behind the scenes work the day of the wedding that I didn’t have to worry about a thing, which is exactly what I wanted (and what my hubby wanted for me). I was able to have fun and relax with my bridesmaids while getting ready and wasn’t stressed over the little things because I knew Rosa was taking care of everything for me. She knew my vision inside and out and helped me execute it perfectly. I’m very type A, so I was a bit hesitant at first to let someone else step in and help me plan my big day, but I’m so thankful I found Rosa because I couldn’t have gone through this without her. She’s seriously the sweetest and is so hardworking. She loves her brides and takes the time to get to know you and your future spouse to make sure your love and personality shines through every aspect of your wedding. You can tell she loves what she does because she’s so passionate and she makes sure that your day is exactly how you want it to be. I seriously can’t say enough good things about this phenomenal woman. If you’re considering hiring a planner, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Rosa and AWP! You won’t be sorry!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Natalie · Married on 03/23/2019

Wanna have a stress-free wedding day? Austin Wedding Planners is the way to go!

Let me start by saying that I am a very Type A individual, as I am an architect by profession. That being said, I was very skeptical that we would be able to find a wedding planner that could really meet my and my husband’s standards. Which are very high.

Rosa is a godsend. She will go above and beyond anything and everything you ask her to do. Not only did she do everything I requested of her and more, she kept all my other vendors in check and on schedule. She even helped me wrangle my future in-laws! Haha (Worth her weight in gold for just that, am I right?!) She truly cared about our wedding as if it were her own, and she put that level of care into every detail. Do yourself a favor and hire her! I was cool as a cucumber on our wedding day because I knew that Rosa and Richard had everything under control. I thought I was the most organized person I knew, but now that person is her. Thank you so much, Rosa, Richard, and Austin Wedding Planners for making our day pure magic.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Tano Holmes · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent wedding planners

HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Rosa Gibson and Austin wedding planners are the company you want to use for your wedding! My wife an I were recently married at Chateau Belleview in Downtown Austin and Rosa Gibson was our wedding planner. She was incredibly informative, kind, attentive and identified potential issues before we even did. She handled my rowdy groomsmen with tact and humor, and planned the wedding exactly to my wifes specifications. On the day of the event, she was there from start to finish, always ready to guide the ceremony and reception. Austin Wedding planners are the best! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Christine

Christine Bante · Married on 03/02/2019

Professionally and Economically the Perfect Wedding Planner

As other reviewers mention, Rosa was crucial for the success of our wedding and I could go on gushing about what an amazing person she is but let's get down to the brass tax. Wedding planners are an added cost for any budget. Unlike other planners, Rosa more than covered the costs of her own services not just in time she saved me with vendor recommendations but in savings we realized by using her as our wedding planner:

1) 10% off entire catering order for 140 people by having direct relationship with caterer!
    2) 10% off event rentals for having wedding planner discount!
    3) 10% off from baker again for 140 people by having direct relationship with Rosa!

The amount of savings from vendors more than justified Rosa as our wedding planner. You really should look no further because she is the right choice economically and professionally.

Now for the gushing. Rosa was a God send for our wedding and remained the consummate professional with the utmost attention to detail but more importantly she became a friend through this process so much so that she and Richard even attended our rehearsal dinner as guests. Without Rosa our wedding would not have been such a roaring success. I'm so glad we hired her and I give my sincerest and highest recommendation of her to anyone looking for a wedding planner.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Kelsey Schneider · Married on 12/08/2018

Austin Wedding Planners is truly the BEST

I hired Austin Wedding Planners to coordinate my wedding and was extremely impressed with Rosa and all her staff. They went above and beyond to make my wedding wonderful not only the day of but all the planning & prep leading up to it. Rosa was extremely flexible with me as I had to come in from Houston to meet with her & any request I had she did her best to make it happen. I would definitely recommend Austin Wedding Planners to anyone getting married in the Austin area-in the first conversation we had she assured me her job was to take the planning stress of me & that is exactly what she did!

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe Taylor · Married on 11/17/2018

Professional

Austin Wedding Planners helped us out so much with our wedding! Rosa Gibson was so professional and kept us in the loop with everything as well as connecting us with vendors that we really loved! Our wedding turned out beautiful and went very smoothly thanks to them!! If you have a wedding in Austin we highly recommend Austin Wedding Planners!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Tamara · Married on 11/11/2018

AWP made our wedding stress-free and seamless

We had a small wedding with about 30 guests, and I initially intended to plan and execute everything on my own, with some help from the venue's manager. Wedding planning was a lot harder than I expected, even for a small wedding and even as a hyper-organized bride. A few months before the wedding, I realized I needed some help, and it was kismet when I met Rosa.

Rosa served as our day of coordinator, but she helped me in the months leading up to the wedding, recommending vendors as needed and checking in with me to see if I had any questions and offer suggestions, ideas, and helpful checklists. There were a lot of things I had no idea I needed to think about, so it was really helpful to have Rosa and AWP on my side.

The weekend of the wedding, Rosa and her team helped everything run smoothly. She ran our rehearsal, picked up all of the various items that needed to be displayed, set up, etc., and kept everything on schedule. As the bride, I didn't have to worry about anything. All day, I kept marveling at how everything came together. Without a doubt, things wouldn't have flowed like they did without AWP. We are so thankful for all of AWP's help in making our wedding such a special, stress-free, beautiful day.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Abby Pilling · Married on 10/21/2018

Rosa and Austin Wedding Planners were wonderful to work with!

Rosa was fantastic to work with! We were looking for someone to help with day of coordination and Rosa was perfect!

We had several meetings leading up to the wedding - venue visits and timeline planning. I’m very detail oriented and Rosa was great at laying out all the details in an easy and organized way. She was great in keeping in contact with all our vendors so I didn’t have to worry about that anymore which was a huge stress relief!

The wedding was perfect! Everything turned out the way we wanted. Rosa and her team were so well organized and firm, but not bossy, with our guests when it came to our timeline and agenda. We had one vendor fall through on the day of the wedding and Rosa and her staff were so professional and on top of it. My fiancé and I didn’t find out anything until after the ceremony, and by that time, Rosa and her team has already handled it!

Rosa and her team are well seasoned professionals who took a lot of the stress out of the little, but important, details of all the logistics to coordinate the day of the wedding. We felt confident going into the wedding that everything was well planned and ready to go because of Rosa. They were so wonderful to work with! My fiancé and I were able to relax and just enjoy our wedding knowing we were in good hands. 5 stars, would absolutely recommend! Thank you, Rosa!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Marjorie · Married on 06/09/2018

Austin Wedding Planners was hired to provide day of coordination for our daughter's wedding at Chateau Bellevue on June 9, 2018. Rosa was involved throughout the entire process - much more so than just day of coordination! Helped tremendously as we were planning everything from Dallas. Rosa provided recommendations, feedback, and coordination of the vendors. Timelines were developed, communicated, and used to provide for a worry free wedding. Rosa was great about keeping everyone informed; she is a strong communicator. Definitely added to the success of our daughter's wedding!

Sent on 06/13/2018

N F · Married on 05/05/2018

Miracle workers! You can finally take a deep breath and ENJOY

Brides/Grooms, I'm here to formally inform you that you can finally take a deep breath because your ventures of searching is over! Hire AWP!

Here I am finally writing a well overdue review of a 2018. Cinco de Mayo wedding, all because there is just so much to say and could not possibly express in words how amazing they are. Rosa and Richard are both miracle workers!

I contacted Rosa less than 2 months before my wedding, and she was my main point of contact who jumped right into planning. I can't tell you how many qualities these folks possess - strong work ethic, diligent, detail oriented, flexible, and always thoughtful of her clients. I'm a very particular person who gets involved in a lot of details with very high standards. She surpassed my expectations!

There are a lot of examples I can list but will focus on a couple of specific things that happened that show how they are the absolute best in town, and the reason you should hire Austin Wedding Planners.

An entertainment vendor of mine cancelled on me the day before the event. Rosa called assuring me she already had a backup person aligned without me needing to find someone else myself. What a relief!

My husband had left the party favors we were supposed to put together back at the venue the night before. At that point I just said F it, guess guests wont be getting our awesome party favors.... To my surprise, when we arrived the day of, without even asking, her team had helped assemble and package the favors! This was an example of them going above and beyond whatever I expected.

I also had an extremely difficult time reaching some of the vendors I had contracted with before I hired AWP. She stepped in and took care of every detail for me every step of the way, including scheduled timelines and making sure everyone is on task the day of the event - not to mention how fantastically well dressed they were!

My wedding was unforgettable, beautiful, and goddam stellar of a party. It wouldn't have been that way without their involvement. Rosa and Richard weren't just our wedding planners for 1 day.... they've become our personal friends and continue to stay in touch even after 2 years.

Sent on 06/03/2020

Sarah · Married on 03/25/2018

Rosa and Austin Wedding Planners were amazing!

Rosa was not only our Wedding Planner, but she became a friend throughout the process. She truly cares about making the day you dream of come to life. Rosa takes the time to get to know you, your partner, both your personalities, your chemistry with one another and, your wedding ambiance/vibe you strive for.

Rosa was very good about keeping us on track and on schedule. Also appreciated that when we procrastinated on certain decisions we needed to make, or we fell behind her schedule, Rosa was realistic about how much time we had and didn't panic or freak out.

As a testament to her professionalism, you could really tell she has the respect of her peers. When we spoke to all of our vendors, especially the venue, officiant, florist and caterer (which have the best insight to how good a coordinator is) they were all delighted to hear we were using Rosa, and both excited and at ease knowing they would be working with her.

Rosa is extremely detail oriented and punctual, obviously two very important traits for an event planner. But she also did a really great job of adapting to our personalities. We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Rosa and we would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Nikki · Married on 03/17/2018

Choosing Austin Wedding Planners was the single best choice we made in planning our wedding! We were planning everything from 1,500 miles away, and Rosa put our minds at ease and worked tirelessly with us throughout our engagement to ensure every “i” was dotted and that we had a gorgeous, crazy fun wedding day. We had as many phone calls, video calls, and emails as I needed, and I felt throughout that Rosa genuinely loved what she was doing, was rooting for us, and always had our best interests at heart. In all decisions she considered our budget and logistics; building that trust throughout our work together was critical. The day of was PERFECT - seamless! I was able to simply show up and enjoy getting married, knowing that Rosa and her team would handle every detail. They are amazing problem solvers and anticipate things before they occur. Rosa provided me with extensive advice, recommendations, communicated with my vendors, created and executed the timeline, and made my guests feel right at home. She went above and beyond at every step. Whether you live in Austin or are planning to get married there from across the country like we did, I wholeheartedly recommend investing in Rosa and her team at Austin Wedding Planners!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Corey · Married on 12/31/2017

Our wedding day was a wonderful stress free celebration and we owe a large portion of that success to Rosa. Starting out planning we had the broad brushstrokes for our special day down but Rosa really helped us thinking through all the coordinating details needed to make it go smoothly. She really took the time to understand how we wanted our wedding to go so that she would be empowered to make decisions on our behalf. On the day of the wedding she took care of everything! No family, friends, or guests needed to do anything or ran into any issues because Rosa smoothly handled it all. I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Charlie · Married on 12/02/2017

Our wedding was December 2nd, 2017.  Rosa and her team did a great job and truly deserve a 5 star rating.  Her planning was meticulous and stems from clear experience in the field.  We had over many guests, family and friends from out of town and out of state.  Her attention to detail on the day of the wedding allowed us to focus on our guests with confidence that the details of the wedding would be handled without a hitch.  Rosa is a true professional and can be relied on to do the job!  Her communication skills are excellent and she has numerous local connections and recommendations.  You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Kevin & Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

This November, we were so fortunate to have Rosa Gibson and the Austin Wedding Planners serve as our ‘day-of’ wedding coordinator. From our first interaction with Rosa and her team to the closing of the door on our getaway car, every single thing was perfect…SERIOUSLY. Her personality and demeanor put us at ease from the very beginning and kept us calm throughout the entire 10 month planning process. We just sensed that Rosa and her team could handle any unknown that popped up. Her vendor recommendations were spot on, complementing our personalities and helping us make our vision for the big day a reality. When it came to planning, she and her team walked us through everything we needed to do. We truly believe we had more than a ‘day-of’ coordinator and a considerable value for the services Rosa provided us. While we all know the big items, she suggested things that never would have crossed our minds. When it came to the wedding weekend, her team easily managed all of the chaos in rehearsing, setting-up the venue, directing the many vendors, and managing the countless interactions with our guests. We have no doubt that without Rosa and the Austin Wedding Planners, we would not have been able to focus on each other as much as we did. She truly cared about us and our guests. Thank you Rosa for making our wedding day a success and a day we will never forget!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Cassandra · Married on 10/28/2017

When I first started wedding planning I thought I could do it all on my own, but quickly realized that I needed help! I reached out to Austin Wedding Planners and Rosa was quick to get back with me and we set up a meeting. I felt relieved after we met and hired her right away.

There is a lot of detail involved in planning a wedding that I would never have thought of. Rosa is extremely detail oriented and truly cares about your wedding day being perfect and everything you imagined.

I had already booked a caterer before hiring Rosa that was recommended from a good friend of ours. I didn't know that caterer would turn out to be difficult and unprepared that day of, but Rosa did everything she could to help make sure the guests and we were all taken care of.
    I really appreciated that and suggest you let her reccomend one of her own vendors for catering.

Our wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun.
    We couldn't have done it with out Rosa and her team!

-Cassandra
    ATX

Sent on 01/10/2018

Bonnie · Married on 10/27/2017

Rosa was great from the very beginning! We started planning my wedding a little over a year in advanced, and I felt very stress free on the big day. She is very detailed and communicates with all of your vendors for you, so you do not have to constantly keep up with the endless emails. I am still receiving compliments about how smoothly everything ran. We wouldn't have changed one thing about our special day!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Alicia · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Rosa and Austin Wedding Planners! I cannot say enough about how beautiful and perfect our wedding day was! There were a couple elements to our wedding that made planning challenging: 1) We live in Houston and are busy professionals, and were planning a wedding in Austin, and 2) we only had 6-7months to plan. Despite these challenges, Rosa was the MOST organized planner I have ever met and so accommodating to our busy schedules. She had constant communication with us through the whole process, and never failed to follow up on a task/issue that we discussed. Not only did she speak to us on a weekly basis from day one (which increased in frequency closer to wedding day), but she worked mainly with my mother, who lives in Austin. Despite working the majority of the time with my mom, I never felt left out of a decision because Rosa made it a point to always follow up with me. There were a few instances that my mother and I did not see eye to eye (ie. The wedding topper, sign in book, etc), however, Rosa was amazing at mediating these discussions and finding a way to make everyone happy!
    Looking back, I believe that the qualities that makes Rosa exceptional are 1) her experience, 2) her organization and communication, and 3) her professionalism. In terms of her experience- she has been in the business a long time (starting off as a caterer) and knows all of the vendors in the Austin area. She would find 2-3 choices for us to pick from, and coordinated all the appointments in a timely manner. Her vendors did not disappoint in their professionalism and quality of their work- I could not have been happier with our DJ, officiant, florist and caterer who she had great rapport with. They were also very familiar with her work style and organization, and had wonderful things to say about her. It was a very positive experience!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Poh · Married on 09/16/2017

Austin Wedding Planners

It had been an absolute delight working with Austin Wedding Planners, notably Rosa Gibson as our wedding planner. I picked Rosa for my daughter’s full service wedding planner as during our interview she came across as an experienced and flexible individual who listened well to our concerns and needs.
    During the 5 months we had to plan our September wedding at Mercury Hall in Austin, she coordinated and executed flawlessly ,at appropriate intervals, all our meetings with various vendors and on site venue visits to address any questions we might have.
    Despite her busy schedule she was always prompt and instantaneous in responding to my phone calls, text and emails. As a result of her tireless efforts, our wedding day ran smoothly without a hitch and with full satisfaction expressed by all.
    Reflecting on our positive experience, I have no doubt that Rosa’s qualities of diligence, perseverance and innate good rapport with people have contributed to my daughter’s tremendously successful wedding planning.

Sent on 12/19/2017