Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Event Center Reviews

14 Reviews for Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Event Center

1 User photo

• Ms.Brandilynn

Brandilynn · Getting married on 09/21/2022

Benn Respectful and great to communicate with me about things and also cant wait to have my wedding here. beautiful place it is looks on the website.

Sent on 07/19/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/08/2017

I can’t say enough good things about my wedding at AO. Everything from the smooth check in, immaculate rooms, warm and welcoming staff, delicious breakfast and top notch event staff made my entire event more perfect than I could have imagined. My guests haven’t stopped raving about the view, the food and the helpful staff! I’ll recommend this place for everything in the future! Thank you AO for everything!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/18/2015

This venue was an absolute dream! The staff was amazing, so attentive and helpful and very professional. They were very willing to work within our budget! It was wonderful because the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and overnight stay was all at the same location!! I cannot say enough great things about this venue!!! All our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended!

Sent on 09/30/2015

My husband and I could not have picked a more perfect location for our 5/23/15 destination wedding. My husband is from Millinocket, ME while my family is from NH and after years of vacation in Bar Harbor with my family, it just seemed an obvious choice to bring our two families together at this fabulous location. Everyone at the Atlantic Oceanside was a huge help but Lauren Annaldo was the biggest help of all. Lauren put so much time and effort into helping make sure everything I envisioned for the day came together and I am so grateful I had someone like her to work with. We chose to have our wedding on Memorial Day weekend and took over the Willows Mansion from Thursday night to Sunday. I couldn't have imagined it to work out as perfectly as it did! We were able to spend so much more time with our guests as they made their way to the mansion. It was as if we were welcome everyone to our home and had such an intimate feeling to it. The food was absolutely amazing! We have yet to hear of a complaint from anyone except they wished they could have chosen multiple entrees! The location and scenery of the property just can not be beat! We are already planning a return trip to the Atlantic Oceanside and are looking forward to spending many anniversaries at the place that is so near and dear to our hearts. To the staff and Lauren at the Atlantic Oceanside, thanks for helping to make the weekend so memorable! Love the Nelsons

Sent on 06/08/2015

Erin · Married on 10/11/2014

What can I say about a place that made my dream wedding come true? Everything about the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel was perfect from the effort the staff put into the day all the way to just the beauty of the location. Lauren, the catering sales manager, worked with us from day one and was nothing short of spectacular. She worked her tail off to make sure our day was perfect. The food was amazing. Not only did it taste delicious but the presentation was beautiful. We utilized The Willows mansion for our day and it was best decision we ever made. We had the entire willows just to our guests and wedding party for the weekend which made it so personal and intimate. Do yourself a favor and get married here.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Scott · Married on 09/28/2014

Atlantic Oceanside is the best venue that my wife and I could have chosen for our destination wedding in Bar Harbor. We loved this spot for a lot of reasons. Affordability, location, and level of attention that Lauren Annaldo, and the rest of the staff, provided us. Lauren was very responsive with our endless stream of emails and was always willing to work with us. We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary and were welcomed to Happy Anniversary cards and gifts from the staff. This just shows the level of attention you will receive at Atlantic Oceanside.
    You cannot go wrong with the location as well. We used the 100+ year old Willows Mansion for the bridal party. Because we were able to fill up the Willows we also used this beautiful and historic building for our rehearsal dinner and our cocktail reception. While my bride and her bridesmaids spent the majority of our wedding day getting ready in the penthouse suite overlooking the bay, my party turned the 2 adjoining rooms into a full bar! We spent the day exploring around Acadia, swimming (in the pool and jumping off the dock into the bay), and just enjoying the day! (Full disclosure: the dock is not for swimming. Scenic boat tours only. Which is also fun!!)
    So do your bride a favor and check out Atlantic Oceanside for your destination wedding! You, your bride, and your guest will be very happy. And remember guys, “Happy Wife = Happy Life”!

Sent on 09/30/2015

jessica · Married on 08/02/2014

My husband and I planned our wedding from out of town, which at first sounded stressful but with the help of Lauren, the catering sales manager, it was stress free! She was there every step of the way and answered endless emails quickly.
    The ceremony location is beautiful with the gazebo and ocean background. We also didn't see the location until the rehearsal but it was even better than I had imagined! The reception location in the event center was all set up just as I imagined without me lifting a finger the day of.
    Our guests are still talking about the beautiful location and incredible food we had served. We would highly recommend this location to any couple for a ideal wedding location!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Autumn & Kyle · Married on 06/28/2014

Our wedding at the Atlantic Oceanside in Bar Harbor on June 28th was like an absolute dream. First of all, the wedding planning with this vendor was incredible as a result of Lauren Annaldo, the Catering Sales Manager at the Oceanside, who did in excellent job organizing and taking the stress completely off the bride. The wedding day was beautiful, as the Oceanside grounds are beautifully landscaped with flowers, natural rock walls, and stone pathways, which all simply enhance the vast ocean and rocky shore that backdrops behind the hotel. The Willows, the antique, historical mansion that consists of 13 large rooms/suites for guests, as well as a first floor living/parlor style rooms, was what we had rented for the family to stay in over the weekend, and also what we used for the cocktail hour after the gorgeous outdoor ceremony. This house was amazingly beautiful with the detailed architecture and design, along with the patio and several balconies that drape out over the water. Our family had the time of their lives in this beautiful house, and the cocktail hour could not have been more perfect- with the indoor/outdoor feel, bistro tables, and the romantic/antique flare of the willows gave it a perfect ambiance. The reception was held in the event center on the Oceanside campus, which gave the guests a chance to anticipate a new location, just a walk up the hill. This has a unique porch and staircase to enter to the reception area, which was elegant and spacious for our 130+ guests. The food was delicious, and catered to our budget thanks to the chef, Sanjeeva. The flow of the night, set up, and staff was all executed with out a hitch, and I felt very at ease and comfortable with how professional and organized they cater to these events- a seasoned veteran, but flexible and open to new ideas and suggestions. The Oceanside is amazing and we have no regrets with our choice. Thank you for helping us create beautiful memories we will never forget!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Brock and Joni · Married on 06/25/2014

Lauren Annaldo was fantastic to work with in planning our wedding at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel. She was accommodating and flexible as well as very approachable! The rest of the staff was very personable! The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We would highly recommend others to stay at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel! Thank you so much for making our day special! It is one that we will remember and cherish forever!

Sent on 06/30/2014

The staff at Atlantic Oceanside were extremely accommodating and very flexible when it came to changes. They were ready to help with whatever you needed, and would try to do anything that would make the event go better for you. They were easy to get ahold of and willing to talk over the phone or meet personally whenever the need was there. The space was beautiful, and the staff were great!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Lindsay · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, and it was absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was outside, with a gorgeous view overlooking the ocean. We then had our cocktail hour in the Willows B&B, a historic mansion on the property. This alone was truly unique, and something that set our wedding apart from others. Following cocktail hour, we had our reception in the event center. The event center required minimal decorating because the space had been newly renovated, and looked very elegant on its own. For dinner, they offer numerous menu options to choose from. When we went to sample the food months prior to the wedding, it was difficult to choose which items we wanted because everything was so delicious. In the end we opted for the Mount Desert Island buffet, and couldn’t have been more happy.
    The Atlantic Oceanside Hotel was convenient for our guests because everything on the property is close to each other. There were also plenty of lodging options for them to choose from. Sue, the Events Coordinator was extremely friendly and knowledgeable! She made sure everything for our day was perfect, and was there to cater to every need. I would recommend the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel to anyone that wants to have a wedding on the on the Maine coast!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Debra Ann · Married on 07/26/2014

Our special weekend for our destination wedding was truly remarkable. We were most impressed with Lauren Annaldo who was the wedding professional in charge of our weekend. She choreographed very well in advance, then threw herself into the spirit not only ensuring quality control by overseeing, but also we caught her several times being a part of the fabric of the hands on itself. She was energetic, cheery, cordial to even the most challenging guests and bent over to create the magical weekend. We are convinced she was the master behind us exceeding all expectations for our series of events.

Most of our interactions were with Lauren, however the few exposures we had to additional staff went very well also. They were polite and very interested in the quality of their work. The overall flavor seemed to be conducive to making things easier for all of us.

We were impressed with the property itself. The views and rooms are nothing short of spectacular. We rented out the Willows Mansion for our exclusive use and would recommend larger parties consider that. The privacy and property resources were excellent. The gardens, tents, lighting, etc were done very well to create the atmosphere such an impressive property requires.

All of our food was tremendous. The staff were like magic genies taking care of our needs with serving, cleaning up, decorating. The chef did an excellent job on presentation, preparation and timeliness and keeping foods hot/cold as appropriate.

We cannot say enough of how truly remarkable our experiences were. We encourage anyone considering hosting a special event to take a look at Atlantic Oceanside.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Joseph · Married on 08/04/2018

Down Home Excellence!

Excellent location, laid back atmosphere, and a great team made our wedding weekend a huge success. Renee and her team went out of their way to make sure every detail was address, and the every request was handled quickly!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Brianne · Married on 12/21/2013

3.0

My husband and I celebrated our marriage with a beautiful winter reception at the Atlantic Oceanside in Bar Harbor, Maine. A unique and picturesque location for our special day, we were very pleased with our venue selection, which perfectly accommodated our small party of 60 guests, but also could provide a nice space for over 300 guests. Our wedding reception still felt small and intimate and we worked closely with our Catering Sales Manager every step of the way. The sales team, catering staff, and chef aimed to accommodate our every need and desire to make our day a special one. The food was absolutely fantastic and our guests couldn't stop raving about it. We felt very well taken care of and were able to immensely enjoy our day with the reception in the hands of the team at the Atlantic Oceanside. We would recommend this location to any couple looking for a beautiful waterfront wedding (whether in the winter or summer) with a great team to execute all of the little details.

Sent on 01/14/2014