Asheville Event Co. Reviews

68 | Asheville, NC

68 Reviews for Asheville Event Co.

Asheville Event Co. 1
Asheville Event Co. 7
  • Stuart

Stuart · Married on 05/03/2019

Caroline is Incredible!!

We hired Caroline with Asheville Event Co and she was absolutely incredible! Not only did she help me plan every large/medium/small detail of the wedding, but was also extremely patient and so easy to work with.

It’s pretty great to have someone help you to turn your dream into a reality, and Caroline did just that. The evening really did feel like a dream come true!

She also came up with a seamless last minute rain plan (and made me feel incredibly calm along the way!)

I could not recommend Caroline more. She is not only an amazing planner, but an amazing, kind and conscientious person who will take care of you all along the way!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Allison · Married on 12/01/2018

Great Experience!

As our planner and day of coordinator, we used Becca from Asheville Event Co. for our wedding last December. From the very early stages of the planning process, Becca was invaluable in keeping us on track and giving us peace of mind. We were so appreciative of her guidance on vendor contracts, timelines, budget management, and all the intricate details (even stylistically). The checklist of items that we reviewed on a consistent basis during the planning process made us realize just how critical she was in planning the wedding of our dreams. Becca has a large network of trusted vendors that she was able to recommend which allowed for the vendor sourcing process to be simpler and more comfortable. She has an honest approach and immediately gained our respect as a professional event planner. Over the course of the planning process and through the wedding weekend, she communicated with our vendors directly to accommodate all parties, and to ensure seamless day of execution. Her constant presence and sense of calm allowed for us to focus on the true meaning of the weekend. We would highly recommend Becca and Asheville Event Co. for all your wedding planning needs, and beyond. She is a true professional and a joy to work with!

Sent on 01/19/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 11/02/2018

I couldn't imagine my wedding day without Cortney Jackson and Asheville Event Co.

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have had Cortney Jackson with me on my wedding day and throughout the wedding planning process. Cortney was patient, referred me to all of the vendors we used, keep me on budget, encouraged my vision, and was so much fun to work with. I was planning the wedding long distance and Cortney was excellent about keeping in touch and being available to meet when we could make it into town to do some planning. On our wedding day, I knew she had everything under control and things went off without a hitch. Having the peace of mind that Cortney was able to take care of everything was absolutely priceless. My wedding day couldn't have been more perfect, and I am forever grateful to Cortney and the Asheville Event Co. team!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Bryan Czako · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience!

Becca did such an amazing job for our wedding! My wife and I were so impressed by every aspect of her services, from finding the vendors to keeping everything organized to giving us recommendations. She was incredible leading up to the event and feels like a part of our family now! She made our wedding flawless and gave us such a wonderful experience. Our wedding was stress-free because of how good of a job she did, and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Ellen

Ellen Sullivan · Married on 10/05/2018

AEC and Caroline are A+ in all categories

We used AEC and Caroline for our "day of planning" of our Rehearsal Dinner. Even though I had already contracted with the vendors, it was so helpful to have Caroline oversee and coordinate the final details and make sure that all came together for the Rehearsal. I hired AEC to help the month before and her local knowledge and organization skills were key to the Rehearsal going so smoothly and definitely made my wedding week so much more relaxing. A few important things I couldn't have managed at the last minute were the logistics of transportation and buses, and insuring that the venue was perfectly set up with flowers, linens and escort cards while we Rehearsed. She coordinated all of the vendors to deliver their products and I did not need to be there. I would highly recommend Caroline and AEC. She is delightful, low key and very organized and efficient.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lynn Huffman · Married on 09/15/2018

Could not have done this without Asheville Event & Cortney!

The reception venue for our daughter’s wedding required that we hire a professional event planner and recommended Asheville Event Company. Becca, the owner of Asheville Event Company, helped me determine what level of assistance we needed and connected us with one of her planners, Cortney Jackson. I cannot say enough good things about Cortney, her professionalism, organizational abilities and fabulous personality. Cortney helped guide us through the maze of vendors that had to be chosen and reserved ASAP, arranged meetings with various vendors and took care of all the minutiae that is part of planning and orchestrating a wedding over the course of eleven months. As an experienced planner, her ideas (whether creative or logistical) were outstanding. Cortney’s calm demeanor, sweet excitement, and unassuming approach through every interaction were the reassurance we needed during the process to feel confident about the final product - that everything would go well! - all the way through the wedding day. Without her, the whole wedding weekend (destination wedding) would not have been the awesome, beautiful celebration that it was!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Erin · Married on 10/08/2017

Planning a wedding is HARD. I was already feeling stressed to the max when I met with Caroline for the first time. But after our meeting, I felt a wave of reassurance that everything would be perfect in the end. Can you plan a wedding on your own? Of course you can. Was it worth every penny to have Caroline on my team? ABSOLUTELY! From answering all of my totally random questions, to making a timeline for the day, making sure all of the vendors were where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be there and doing what they were supposed to be doing. Helping to setup our venue space, and picking up afterwards. I could go on and on for days with just how much she helped us throughout this entire process. In the end, I don't think I could have done it without her. Every detail was perfect, and without Caroline to oversee everything, I would have stressed the entire day and not been able to enjoy my day to the fullest. I would hire Caroline and AECo over and over again. Thank you for making sure our day was everything we wanted it to be and more!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Jacly · Married on 09/30/2017

Becca and her team were absolutely amazing! Whatever I needed they always helped or knew the answer to my questions. Any special requests I had they executed to perfection and they gave me all the information I needed to select my vendors. I highly highly recommend!! I would have never had the wedding of my dreams without them!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Stacey · Married on 09/16/2017

AEC is a great team to work with! They made my dream wedding come to life! Our wedding was at BFCC in September and they transformed the property into the classic black tie wedding I had always dreamed of!

Sent on 10/23/2017
    Asheville Event Co. 14
    Asheville Event Co. 15
    Asheville Event Co. 16

Kylie · Married on 06/03/2017

I interviewed several wedding planners and as soon as I spoke with Becca I knew she was the best choice. It was clear to me that Becca had the experience and an unparalleled familiarity with Asheville and our wedding venue. The whole process from planning to the day of our wedding was smooth and enjoyable. She did an amazing job pairing me up with vendors that matched my budget and style. Becca was very responsive, patient, and fun to work with. I wouldn't have been able to make the wedding of my dreams come true without Becca and Asheville Event Co.!

Sent on 10/20/2017
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 05/20/2017

Asheville Event Co brought my dream wedding to reality! As a destination bride having someone local in the area was critical. Becca knew all the ins and outs of my venue as well as the best vendors. Becca was extremely responsive and kept me on track, inspired and more importantly calm. I had a unique goal of incorporating rose gold into my decor and Becca searched long and hard to find all the right rose gold touches. Sarah was in the bridal room with my on wedding day and was the most calming and reassuring person! The whole team is experienced, considerate and friendly. I had not a worry in the world about planning a 150 person destination wedding because I knew Asheville Event Co was on top of everything!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Asheville Event Co. 17
    Asheville Event Co. 18
    Asheville Event Co. 19
    Asheville Event Co. 20
    Asheville Event Co. 21

Linda · Married on 05/13/2017

Becca Knuth and her team met and then exceeded EVERY expectation we had for a wedding planner!
    She even anticipated our needs, questions and concerns before we did and had all the answer and solutions.
    My only regret is not having another daughter to marry in Asheville so that Asheville Event Company can help us
    plan another wedding to remember!!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Matt · Married on 10/22/2016

Missie and the Asheville Event Co. were wonderful throughout our entire wedding process. She assisted us both as a day of coordinator and over the course of our planning (which lasted well over a year). The entire team is very creative and brings lots of ideas and enthusiasm to the process! We would highly recommend Asheville Event Co. to anyone looking to plan their special day in the area!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Katie · Married on 08/06/2016

Best decision we made for our wedding (besides deciding to get married, ha). We worked with Liz and she was the best. We had the 90 day package, and she went above and beyond well before that. She was helpful, organized, friendly, fun, and gave great advice. I grew up in Asheville, but have moved away. While my parents are still there, I didn't want them worrying about all the little details. It was so nice to have a professional in the area to help with the details. We came into town the week before the wedding, and apart from a few (and I mean few) minor details to take care of, there was nothing else to do besides walk down the aisle. Liz had everything taken care of, and that was so nice. We spent that week with friends and family, and I will forever be grateful for that. If you want organized, fun, friendly, and professional, Liz is your woman!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Debbie · Married on 07/03/2016

We worked with Becca at Asheville Event Co. in July 2016 for my daughter's wedding. Becca and staff were amazing to work with, and we had an extremely complex event with a lot of moving parts. They took all in stride, with flexibility and good humor. The weekend was wonderful and we have so many beautiful memories.

Sent on 08/02/2016

E · Married on 06/11/2016

What a team! We reached out to Becca and her team only 3 months before our big day (we wanted a quick engagement!). She and her team were amazingly responsive and understood what we expected for our wedding. On top of that, she helped us plan the event at my grandmother's house, which was not incredibly conducive to a reception. I’m so happy and thrilled Asheville Event Co. was able to pull off our wedding in such short time, and with such attention to detail. It was spectacular. We were definitely a high maintenance couple/family to deal with, but Becca displayed only patience and flexibility while working with us. We could not have asked for a more magical day and Asheville Event Co. is to thank!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Ruth · Married on 05/13/2016

Get a broad idea of a time line and budget... Look in depth at all the moving parts... Music-- for ceremony and reception, Florals, venue, food( including coordination of guests' allergies, etc.), transportation(including wedding party, family members, exit transportation etc...), printed materials, (appropriate save the dates, wedding invitations, guest place cards, ) rehearsal dinner matters,, possible brunch the day after, hotel blocks and reservations, distribution of all pertinent and timely and ORGANIZED information to wedding party, bridesmaids and groomsmen, family members, vendors, etc..REDISTRIBUTION of changed information as things evolve ... And you will see the value of having one representative organize it all.... So that you can have more of a 'stress free event.'

Sent on 05/21/2016

How fortunate we were to have Becca Knuth at Asheville Event Company as our daughter’s wedding coordinator. Becca was exceptional and attentive to every detail from planning, negotiating with vendors, managing contracts and budget. She planned our meetings with the venue, chef, florists, baker, hair and makeup artist. All the meetings were so helpful for our daughter to make final decisions. Everyone was so nice and patient, especially Becca. At that point, our daughter became so excited about her wedding. Becca made her dreams come true!

Becca is so professional and a true expert in her field. She is excellent with communication and prompt with email and phone. She was truly amazing and such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. What a true blessing she is! Becca, thank you so much! There is no way we could have done it without you. I would highly recommend Becca Knuth as the “best” wedding planner for any bride to be.

Karen, Mother of the bride

Sent on 06/02/2016

I worked with Becca from Asheville Event Co. and I could not have had a more enjoyable experience. She was flexible, helpful, understanding of the overall vision we wanted for our wedding, and fun to work with. Becca made the wedding planning experience easy for everyone involved and made it seem effortless, although, I know she worked incredibly hard to pull off such a perfect day. Very thankful for the work she put into our day and the great team they have at Asheville Event Co.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2015

Hands down best decision I made was to work with Becca Knuth at Asheville Event Co. on our destination wedding in Asheville. From the moment I spoke with Becca while interviewing several wedding planners, she impressed with her knowledge, her honesty and directness, and her professionalism. Becca was prompt in all her communications, both email and phone. She helped me keep sane by narrowing down vendor choices to 3-5 for us to choose from, worked hard to negotiate with vendors to keep within our budget, and added such wonderful design and personal touches to our wedding (apples for guests to take at the end of the night, birdcage for cards, etc). Becca handled the high stress level of my mother with such thoughtfulness and care -- I literally can't thank her enough! Becca is so organized, wonderful to work with, and just a lovely person. We were so lucky to work with her!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Eleanor · Married on 10/24/2015

We are not local, and Becca planned our backyard wedding up in the hills of East Asheville and she was spectacular. In addition to being super nice and very responsive to the (many, many, many) emails that we sent her, she put on an amazing wedding for us while being mindful of our budget. She was super friendly and flexible, she found us amazing vendors even when we weren't even sure what we wanted, and did multiple site visits to make sure the property could be used for a wedding. And she was so much fun! Becca is incredibly friendly, organized, and best of all completely relaxed on the day of. We had a few minor mishaps, and she handled them calmly. I've been at some weddings where the planner is harried or even snaps at guests, and this will not happen with Asheville Event Co. They put on a beautiful wedding for us, and even ordered a surprise gift to be left in our hotel room for after! I am so happy that we chose to work with Becca, as she truly made our wedding special. They also went above and beyond several times by providing us with random things we needed, allowing us to ship tons of (heavy!) packages to them for use in the wedding, and returning the kegs for us after the wedding was over. We had an amazing experience with Becca, and I truly think we got a better experience than many other planners offered for a much more reasonable cost. Becca was more than worth it, and she's so nice! You will not regret hiring Asheville Event Co.

Sent on 11/16/2015

These ladies are the real deal: professional, prompt, skilled, attentive, friendly. No project to big or too small. They perform under pressure and make sure everything is running smoothly. Missie (Melissa) made our wedding a huge success and was able to handle a very in-depth 2 day event with ease. If you need more than a wedding planner, but a true event manager- this should be your first call in the Asheville area.

Sent on 11/12/2015

We worked with Cortney remotely to plan our wedding at Lonesome Valley in North Carolina from our home in Columbus, Ohio & I can't recommend her or AEC enough :) She was an unbelievable resource in so many ways, lending advice, support, amazing ideas, and making the planning process (for someone who is not much of a planner) enjoyable :) The weekend of our big day was when she & her team shone brightest. They took care of absolutely everything, and our wedding weekend was truly perfect & exceeded our expectations. If you have the opportunity to work with Cortney & AEC take it...they are fantastic in every way :)

Sent on 12/13/2015

LAUREN · Married on 08/08/2015

Cortney with Asheville Event Co. was the best decision that we made for our wedding! We weren't looking for a full-on wedding planner - we primarily needed someone for weekend-of coordination & Cortney went above and beyond our expectations!! She helped us take care of all of the weekend of details and coordinated everything with our other vendors so that the weekend flowed perfectly and we didn't have to worry about a thing! She helped me find all of the special decor & details that I was looking for & overall made my big day perfection! I would recommend Cortney and the Asheville Event Co. to any of my friends getting married - they did a fantastic job!

Sent on 09/09/2015