Altar Ego Weddings Reviews

Altar Ego Weddings 6
Altar Ego Weddings 7

Macy Cotton · Married on 01/19/2019

Hire Jen--Seriously She's the Best

I could not have asked for a better wedding planning experience than I had with Jen and Altar Ego Weddings. Jen was always accessible for my questions and responded quickly, and she had thoughtful suggestions for each step of planning! She is also well connected and respected in the wedding community--I used her referrals for the cake and the flowers and, in addition to receiving excellent service with everyone, they all told me that I had found a great wedding planner with Jen.
    Then on my wedding day, Jen was an invaluable resource. I felt like we had a million balls in the air, but I didn't have to do anything! Jen was several steps ahead, communicating with all of the vendors and support staff to make sure the day went off without any issues!! Jen managed set up, tear down, and everything so I could sit back and enjoy the day! It was such a huge relief to know that all of the details were being handled by someone much more capable than myself.
    And on top of all of that, she's so easy to talk to and a very fun person to work with! I'll be recommending Jen to literally anyone who asks--she's the best!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Taylor B. · Married on 11/03/2018

Would recommend to ANY Austin couple!!

Jennifer Ashford and her company, Altar Ego Weddings, played a HUGE part in why our wedding day was so special. Throughout the entire planning process Jen was available via email to answer any questions and give us guidance. We were planning the wedding long distance over about a year and a half. Along the way we met Jen on a couple trips home and she was always an email or call away, which was so reassuring. My husband and I are both big planners for life in general, so we very much appreciated Jen's attention to detail, promptness, reassurance, and overall organization. It was all of this that allowed us to completely trust her leading up to and on the wedding day. We knew we were in good hands all day and that things would go according to plan with her at the helm. It was so comforting for us and our families to just enjoy the wedding day and not have to worry about logistics. Our parents were in awe of how smoothly everything ran, and we had the most special time with our friends and families. Thank you for everything Jen!! Please, do yourself a favor, and put yourself in her hands for your big day! :)

Sent on 11/28/2018

Altar Ego Weddings's reply:

Taylor and Luke, thanks so much for the fab review. It was an honor to be a part of your day. Comments like this are what make our world turn!

Holly Murphy · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing wedding planner to work with!

100% would recommend!! We can not thank Jen Krause and Altar Ego Weddings for an absolutely perfect day! Jen helped plan and execute our recent wedding and was amazing to work with - I had narrowed down a venue that I liked and caterer that I was interested in hiring, but she made it and all of the rest of the details happen! My venue hadn't hosted a wedding reception before, so Jen was a godsend figuring out the logistics, orders, timing, and vendors. She was so helpful in narrowing down so may Pinterest-options into things that made sense with our space, season, and overall feel for the wedding and reception. The area experienced catastrophic flooding the week before our wedding and Jen managed our rain plan 2.0 with such ease - I didn't think about a single thing that day other than marrying my husband and enjoying all of our family and friends celebrating with us. For that and such a pleasant and stress-free planning experience, I would absolutely recommend Jen Krause and Altar Ego Weddings!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Altar Ego Weddings's reply:

Holly and Blaine, what a pleasure it was to help plan your wedding. Your wedding was easily a favorite!

Dana · Married on 06/09/2018

Bruce and I renewed our vows on our 25th wedding anniversary. I could not have done it without Jennifer. She made it all seem so effortless and everything turned out perfectly. It was an incredible celebration. Hope she's still in the business when our girls decide to marry!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

Jen was a pleasure to work with!

Jen was extremely helpful before and during our wedding! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Kathryn · Married on 02/24/2018

Jenn was fantastic and prompt with her responses and dealt professionally with a needy bride on her wedding day!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Shannon · Married on 02/03/2018

I wasn’t sure that I wanted a Wedding Planner, but I decided to meet with a few anyway. My mind completely changed when I met Jennifer Ashford. We clicked instantly, and I knew that I wanted to work with her! Jennifer is well connected in the industry and was more than happy to give recommendations, connect me with vendors and answer all my questions (I had at least one a day!). I also had the unique experience of tagging along with Jennifer to work one of her weddings. From behind the scenes, she completely rocks at what she does. She took care of things before anyone knew they needed to be taken care of and made sure that everything ran smoothly the whole night. This was the experience for our wedding day, too! Jennifer is a complete joy to work with. Thank you times a million for everything!

[Venue: The Addison Grove, Photographer: Angela Lally Photography, Floral: Valerie Wolf at Davy Gray, Hair/Makeup: Lavish Beauty ATX, Desserts: Sweet Treats Bakery, Catering: Austin Catering, Rentals: Premiere Events and Unique Designs & Events]

Sent on 04/21/2018
    Altar Ego Weddings 10
    Altar Ego Weddings 11
    Altar Ego Weddings 12
    Altar Ego Weddings 13
    Altar Ego Weddings 14

Virginia · Married on 12/09/2017

I couldn't have met with Jennifer at a more perfect time than I did. She absolutely delivered and then some and I could have not done it without her and the rest of the team, Jennifer Krause!! Jen answered all our questions and knew exactly what I was feeling or wanting when meeting with specific vendors. I felt very comfortable explaining my vision for the wedding and she completely knocked it out of the water, I couldn't be happier about how it all turned out! Having The Jennifer's for the entire wedding process was by far the best decision I ever made! Jennifer Krause, was also absolutely wonderful to work with on the calligraphy for the table placements and invitation details. She was very thorough and quick to respond with any changes that were made. They made wedding planning enjoyable, stress free, and breathtaking memories!!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

Wedding of your Dreams kind of Wonderful!

My husband and I had such a good experience with Altar Ego! Truly the best wedding ever--in no small part thanks to Altar Ego's amazing planning skills! We had the privilege of working with Jen Ashford--who was super organized, punctual, and kept us on-top of all of our to-do list items starting about 9 months ahead of our wedding. I loved how Jen Ashford was willing to adapt her system and priorities to fit with what worked for us and what was most important to us. Jen incorporated what we called the "weekly huddle email" where she would check in on our progress from the previous week and remind us of upcoming to-dos for that week. It worked wonderfully for us! I also loved how Jen incorporated good humor and a good attitude with all our communications--she was also excellent at being diplomatic when tensions and stress were high between family members. And! Without missing a beat, she gave a very educated and thorough explanation to my MBA-holding, Business-minded father, as to why weddings tend to be much more expensive than other events--*note* it is not completely what you think it is--remember that you're paying for a higher caliber/ better trained personnel and vendors when you are talking about your wedding, also if you are paying for a plated dinner, you're asking that all the food be ready at essentially the same time--things like these wedding details add up! Jen can explain better than I am, but it satisfied my business-minded dad. (Thanks, Jen!!). I also appreciated that Jen had so many great vendors to recommend to us--she is a leader in her field and has many many years of experience and networking under her belt in a very competitive field. I don't know what we would've done without her guidance and recommendations--it is so easy when you're on your own to get bogged down just in trying to select one vendor. And we all know there can be MANY vendors to hire for a wedding. Additionally, I so appreciated Jen's openness to learning and working with our request for a wedding ceremony that was very reverent and religious (and which had quite a few logistical details to work out). The vendors that I selected (especially ones that Jen had never worked with before), all said that Jen was amazing and a pleasure to work with! Finally, Jen is able to calmly roll with any unforseen glitches in weather etc--since our wedding was outside, we had arranged a rain plan, but had decided to go ahead and get married outside. The morning of our wedding it was pouring rain and Jen very calmly helped my family and my husband to make the decision to continue moving forward with the plan to keep the wedding outside. The weather was amazing during our ceremony--only a couple drops of rain and perfect temperature. We are so grateful that Jen led us through and had umbrellas etc ready to go, if the rain had persisted. I also want to give a shout out to Jen for sending us to her in-house graphic designer, Jen Krause! Jen Krause is not only an amazing event planner too, but she created an entirely custom style guide and suite of wedding invitations (with beautiful hand-calligraphy), place cards (also done by hand!), thank you cards, custom return address stamps and day-of signeage that was gorgeous and stylistically pulled everything together in an amazing way! We are so grateful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! The best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Altar Ego Weddings 15

Cami · Married on 07/29/2017

Where do I begin?! I would not have made it through wedding planning without Jen. Starting from Day 1 with the consultation, Jen was open to hearing what I thought I needed help with - and suggested a hybrid package between full-time wedding planning and month-of coordination. Throughout the few months leading up to the wedding, we would have periodic meetings and phone calls - she would sense when I was getting stressed out about something and would offer to handle those items for me! She had great suggestions for vendors - I used all vendors she recommended and was not disappointed in any of them. She was always available to chat even just for me to vent or bounce ideas off of her - she kept me from losing my mind with all of the details and reassured me everything would be great! And it was!!! On the day of the wedding, I honestly did not worry at all and everything went perfectly - she knew every detail and executed the whole day exactly how I wanted. I had so many people come up to me during the reception saying they had never seen a wedding day go smoothly - and it was all thanks to Jen! This was the best money we spent on our wedding and we are so grateful for everything Jen did for us - thank you!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/07/2017

Jen was extremely responsive from day one. She was the first vendor I hired and had nothing but great recommendations and advice throughout our wedding planning process. Though we only contracted Jen for day of services, we got so much more than expected. She recommended vendors, reviewed contracts, answered any questions I had, and was very organized when it came down to the last few weeks before the wedding. On the day of our wedding, I was completely stress free and did not worry about a single detail. Jen had everything covered and made sure my husband and I had a wonderful evening. Our family was blown away by Jen's attention to detail, professionalism, and what all she handled on the day of. We cannot thank Jen enough for allowing us to have the most amazing time at our wedding!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Barbara · Married on 02/18/2017

I am the MOB who hired, worked with, and was the one paying for Altar Ego's services. I live in Houston and needed someone to work with me and my daughter throughout the wedding planning process. I did a little bit of research on wedding planners, their prices and services and found my way to Jennifer Ashford. Quite frankly, one of the reasons I chose her was I liked the name of her business and that it showed some personality.

My daughter and I met with Jen several times but most of my communication was via email. Jen was responsive, reassuring and professional. She recommended several vendors, some I used and some I found on my own. She attended several tastings with the bride and groom and helped the bride find The Dress and recommended a great alterations lady. I had a tendency to micro-manage the process and Jen was right there on task. She was organized, efficient and had my back to make sure I was familiar with the contracts, payment due dates, etc.

About 2 weeks before the wedding, we met with Jen again and she assured me everything was under control and presented a detailed timeline for all the vendors. She confirmed with everyone so there was no surprises or missteps. The church did not allow Jen to be involved there so she spent her time the day of the wedding at Winfrey Point orchestrating the set up - which is no small feat! All went perfectly with one minor exception and Jen was on the phone the following Monday to make sure we got a credit on our bill for the undelivered table.

Jen was on task, calm, organized, unobtrusive, pleasant and worked very well with all the vendors. She followed up with us to make sure the event was as we planned and it more than met our expectations! I sincerely and highly recommend Altar Ego to brides and to MOBs who have high demands and expectations. We are very grateful to Jennifer Ashford and her attention to detail, follow up, follow through, and professionalism.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Kathryn · Married on 11/19/2016

Jennifer was the wedding planner for my daughters wedding in November .I can not begin to tell how awesome she was.She is so organized and detailed .Once she took over the month prior ,all my worries went away.She had everything under control immediately.The wedding day was flawless.The wedding ceremony and reception flowed seemlessly.Not to mention,she always had a smile on her face and just seemed to calm everyone down.Thank you,Jennifer.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Heather · Married on 11/12/2016

We are so happy we hired Jennifer for our special day. She made the planning process and the wedding weekend so much easier on us. Jennifer was extremely responsive, organized, and professional. She helped with setting up vendors and making sure they were on time and delivered what was needed. Jennifer and her assistant were so helpful on the wedding day that everything seemed almost perfect to my husband and I! I would 100% refer Jennifer and Altar Ego Weddings to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Karen · Married on 11/06/2016

Do it! Jennifer at Altar Ego was excellent! It rained & they had to do a lot of adjusting to the plan & were great!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jingjing · Married on 10/29/2016

Heidi is the best! I can't thank her enough for coordinating our wedding and help us build such a great memory for everybody. When I started planning the wedding, I didn't want to have a wedding planner and just wanted to DIY everything to save money. But my venue required a wedding planner and I'm so glad I found Heidi! She's one of the four wedding planners I interviewed and her professionalism, enthusiasm, and flexibility on the timeline immediately made me feel she's the one! I had a special situation that I had to finish most of the planning two months before the wedding day. Heidi was really supportive and helped me make this process much easier. I am a pro of procrastination and planning a wedding stressed me out a lot. Thankfully Heidi constantly checked in with me and provided helpful tips and suggestions. The wedding day was when she really shined, she and her assistant Kiersten put everything together beautifully. Everything went smoothly and everyone had a great time. We had a few last-minute crises, and she firstly told me don't worry about them and then handled them properly. In short, having Heidi was the second best thing I had on my wedding day (the best thing was that I got married)!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Patti · Married on 07/10/2016

We are so happy that we chose Jennifer Ashford with Altar Ego Weddings as our wedding planner. She is not only detail oriented, conscientious, polite, friendly, caring, and compassionate but her wedding planning is outstanding! We knew the first time we met with Jenn that she was a great fit for our needs. She was quick to respond to emails, answering all questions, and offering suggestions. Jenn was there when we needed her at every moment during the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. There wasn't any task too little or too big for her to handle. Plus, she has a wonderful sense of humor. I highly recommend Jennifer Ashford with Altar Ego Weddings if you are having a Wedding in the Austin Area. She is absolutely the best! She went above and beyond! We love her! With Love, The Wilson's of Sugar Land

Sent on 07/17/2016

Joe · Married on 06/18/2016

Im from Minnesota and my daughter got married this last weekend in Melissa Texas. Now she lived there with her mother for the last 18 years. She didn't hire a planner but I did. Reason, one I'm a guy who knows absolutely nothing about weddings and 2 the distance. The DJ that my daughter hired highly recommended Heidi from Alter Ego. Now, I didn't need the full service they offer. But now going through the whole process and seeing how things didn't fall into place, I would never do this with out one. And remember, I'm a dude! I had Heidi line up all the alcohol and delivery of the alcohol, all the limos for my family, (I flew 54 family members down for the long weekend) and my Friday night family party. It went flawlessly. Everything she took care of went like clockwork and where she was not involved with went not so smoothly. And at the last minute, less than one week prior to the wedding, I thought of hiring a videographer to do a live stream video to my father in law who is dying of cancer. I didn't think there was any way of her pulling this off. Guess what- she found Josh. Josh did the live stream for the wedding then I did a tribute to my father in law and tears flowed in both states. What a gift! I can not thank her enough! Five stars does not even come close nor will it ever come close! If you ever have a doubt, don't! Heidi and Alter Ego are nothing but first class. Please, Heidi, if ever you need a reference, please have them email or call me. Words will never express what you did for my daughter and me.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Jennifer & her team were AMAZING. Jennifer went above & beyond on our wedding day to make sure we were relaxed, happy & ready to celebrate! I would HIGHLY recommend Altar Ego for any wedding planning needs. She made sure that our 'vision' was executed and really made our day special. I don't think I could've gotten through the craziness of wedding planning without her - she's easy to talk to, friendly, professional and dependable. I knew right away that she was the planner for me with her cheery and happy attitude. I was happy to know that our day was in amazing hands and all we had to do was have fun!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Claire · Married on 04/23/2016

If you don't know whether to hire a wedding planner in the first place...all I can say is this: unless you are unemployed or can take a 6-month to 1-year vacation to plan your wedding, then you absolutely, 100%, should hire a wedding planner in some capacity. You don't need to pay thousands of dollars for full-service wedding planning if you don't need it/can't afford it (and there are an infinite number of ways you can personalize a package with Jen or Heidi to fit your specific needs). You will not regret hiring a wedding planner for a single, solitary minute. I promise you that much.

Now for those of you that already know you want a wedding planner and want to know whether Altar Ego Weddings is the winner, I will say resoundingly: YES. I live in Dallas but booked a venue in Austin, so I was looking for someone that had connections with vendors in both cities. I knew 5 minutes into meeting Jen (who is Austin-based) that I'd found my wedding planner - she is sweet, funny, relatable, and above all, a GREAT listener. She understood my vision before I realized I even had a vision. That's how good she is. Jen was on top of things from day one in a way that I could never have been even if I had all the time and money in the world to do it on my own. She knew exactly what schedule to follow for when we should hire vendors and always provided 2-4 options for me to consider (more if I wanted). This by itself made her worth every penny because I never had to worry about reliability or reputation - I was able to trust her judgment completely. We had a great mix of Dallas and Austin vendors and - I had booked Jen even though I knew she wouldn't be available on my wedding day - her partner Heidi (who is Dallas-based) was my day-of coordinator and she was fantastic. I had a fairy tale wedding with amazing vendors and the best planning experience I think anyone could ask for. You won't regret hiring either of these ladies. 20 million stars for Altar Ego Weddings!!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Lynne · Married on 04/23/2016

Jen is absolutely the BEST!

When I first started looking at planners on wedding wire, I sent multiple inquiries out. Not only was Jen the first one to respond, but met with me within 24 hours in person. She was happy and professional, and her organizational skills were obvious. I mean, when I tell a planner that I love Excel to stay organized, she immediately pulled up her software platform that she shares with her brides to stay organized.

I hired Jen as a day of + design services. Don't let 'day of' fool you. She was so involved throughout the entire process. She gives you unlimited e mails & phone calls and responds very fast. For phone calls, she always picks up the phone when she can. She has great advice and provided me with amazing vendor suggestions. Speaking of vendors, I think I totaled SIXTEEN for my wedding. Any planner that can juggle 16 vendors is a magician in my book.

For the design piece, that's where I personally struggled. Jen ran with my theme and went with me to multiple vendors to get the decor, rentals, and flowers just right. I wish I could post pictures here because she did an amazing job!

If you want a planner that you love to be around, get along with, keeps you in check with your progress, gives you tools to stay organized, and orchestrates the most amazing wedding day ever, chose Jen!

Jen, thanks for ALL you did. I keep telling Jeff that I want to renew our vows every 6 months just so we can have another wedding! ha. We had the most fun and flawless day with you by our side. So happy to have celebrated your 100th wedding with you!!

Lynne & Jeff

Sent on 06/11/2016

Savannah · Married on 04/22/2016

Heidi was wonderful. We used her as a day of coordinator and she really was invaluable to me. I'm not sure we could have pulled it off without her and I'm very thankful we decided to hire her!

Sent on 04/25/2016

jennifer was the best. kept everything on track, stress free and also made sure i always had champagne in my glass. it was the best day ever and i know she helped to ensure that!

Sent on 01/18/2016
  • User5520026 · 2+ years ago

We thought about planning the wedding without using a wedding planner. With so much information available thru websites, we figured we could do it on our own and save some money. WOW were we glad we changed our mind. Heidi was a dream to work with- highly professional with an extremely warm personality. The day of the wedding she took care of ALL the vendors and ALL the details of the wedding and reception so that we could focus on ...the wedding. Everyone involved in the wedding loved working with Heidi- she was the best decision we made during the entire planning process. So, if you are thinking of planning the wedding on your own...DON'T! Hire Heidi so you can enjoy the wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2015