A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC Reviews

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 4
A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 5

Lori Moore · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Unbelievable--amazing

I can't say enough great things about our wedding experience with Sylvia. This by far was the best thing we did for our daughter's wedding. Sylvia kept everyone and everything organized and on time. Our wedding was completely flawless and we owe that all to Sylvia. I highly recommend Sylvia as a wedding planner. She goes above and beyond to make sure the day is perfect. Sylvia communication with the vendors and high regard to details made the wedding day a very relaxed experience. WE never experienced a stressful moment. Sylvia and her assistant provided everything you can imagine to make sure the day was perfect including white tissues for Samantha and black tissues for her bridesmaids(since they were wearing black dresses). They had all the details covered. It is impossible to put into words how much Sylvia did for us and we give our highest recommendation.
    Lori Moore

Sent on 04/30/2019

Carol Cowan · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Wedding at the Ohio Statehouse

Sylvia was a wedding planner for my son's wedding at the Statehouse. During our pre wedding meetings, she listened to what the bride wanted, she offered guidance when asked, and was exceptional at understanding the bride's vision of the wedding. When the day of the wedding was here-she delivered. She was prepared and organized-having solutions to possible issues well thought out. She had answers to questions before we had a chance to ask. She was calm and created a stress-free environment. At no time was she overbearing. The best part was her genuine friendship, her responsiveness, and her commitment to a seamless flow of events. Working with Sylvia, you could tell she was confident and ready to execute perfection every step of the way-always having a smile on her face. Her assistant she had with her the day of the wedding was also incredibly helpful and kind-they both added to the joy of the day. Sylvia and her assistant was everything and more that had been desired of a wedding planner. Thank you, Sylvia!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Beth Brown · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Slyvia was Amazing!

Slyvia was amazing. She was very organized, kept things on track and did so in a very calm and kind manner. We greatly appreciated having Slyvia.

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Terra

Terra Brown · Getting married on 01/01/2021

Sylvia Douglas' calling is to be a Wedding Consultant! Call her!

On Sunday, Feb 3, 2019, I had a wonderful "Sip With Sylvia" consultation! I am beginning to plan my 2021 wedding and needed insight from a seasoned wedding consultant. Sylvia Douglas is seasoned, genuine, knowledgeable, savvy and an expert at wedding planning. Sylvia and I "clicked" immediately when we first met, partly because of her warm and inviting spirit. We met for one solid hour, learning about each other and discussing wedding options that could be ideal for my fiance and I, given our budget and wedding/reception desires. Sylvia was able to give me great vendor recommendations that were tailored to our needs and wants. I left our meeting feeling cared for, excited, informed and equipped to continue the journey of dreaming & planning. Seeing her work on social media and hearing about Sylvia as I attend various Bridal Expo/Open House events, helps me trust her judgement on vendor recommendations. She gave me wonderful recommendations on venues, caterers, DJs, florists, bridal shops, photographers, videographers, etc!! I plan to use Sylvia to help us plan our wedding. I highly recommend this heaven-sent angel named, Sylvia Douglas. Her broad experience, genuine heart, service-oriented approach and 20 years in the business will all be very evident in your conversation with her. I PROMISE she is worth at least a 30 minute or 1 hour consultation! You will NOT be disappointed! She is thorough and thoughtful. Both of which are needed when planning a wedding or event of any kind. Her prices are reasonable and worth every penny! Don't delay, contact Sylvia today! Do you want a spectacular wedding? Call Sylvia! Do you want a carefree wedding planning journey and stress free wedding day? Call Sylvia!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Lori · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Wedding by Sylvia

Sylvia was worth her weight in gold!
    Sylvia was professional, courteous, very kind. I don’t know if my daughters wedding would have so perfect without Sylvia.
    Sylvia is your perfect friend, confident and miracle worker all wrapped into 1 fantastic person.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent service!

Sylvia is a pleasure to work with. She handled any issues and mistakes that occurred during the wedding which allowed us to relax and enjoy the wedding. Sylvia even gave us a to go box of food to eat after we left the venue. I would definitely work with Sylvia again for different events.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/18/2019

Phenomenal!

I didn’t know much about the whole wedding thing since it was my first marriage. My husband and I were looking for an officiant and was recommended to Sylvia. It was the best hire! We were so pleased with her & her service. Sylvia made sure her ducks were in a row just so your big day wasn’t a complete mess. Very very satisfied.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Madeline Dailey · Married on 09/29/2019

Beautiful and so relaxing

Sylvia brought so much to our table. She is eloquent, tended to our every need, and reassured us everything was perfect. I am so happy I chose her after seeing her preform my sister-in-law’s wedding.

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 6
    A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 7
    Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Patty

Patty Doering Dailey · Married on 09/29/2019

A simple and lovely affair

I’d not met Sylvia before my daughter’s wedding this past weekend, but from the moment of our introduction I knew we had someone just perfect to meet our daughter’s desires for her wedding day. Sylvia coordinated and officiated their ceremony and the day was so reflective of Aaron and Madeline. Sylvia’s words of greeting, descriptions of love founded in friendship and her manner in characterizing these two special hearts was indeed as though she’d known them for a long time. She was perfectly suited to our occasion and I appreciated her so very much for adding gravity and poignance to our simple affair.

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 8
    Sent on 10/02/2019

Valerie Carey · Married on 09/28/2019

The happy Bride!

Sylvia was very pleasant to work with. She, was professional, detailed, & flexible. I was very happy and pleased with her services. A heaven sent! She was very calming, reassuring, and encouraging up to and throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend A Wedding by Sylvia and would utilize her services again. Thank you Sylvia!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Katie Troll · Married on 09/13/2019

Sylivia is fantastic!! Extremely organized and her speech was amazing!!

We love Sylvia!! We had so many compliments on our ceremony. She is so organized and thoughtful. Absolutely loved her!!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Theo

Theo Denanyoh · Married on 09/11/2019

Sylvia is the best!

Sylvia, thank you so much for all the help you provided for our wedding. Your help started before the wedding and through. You made sure all the other vendors were organized and on the day of the wedding Kyla and I were able to enjoy our day without having to worry about anything going wrong.

Thank you so much again.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Sarah Nayeem · Married on 08/17/2019

'Don't worry, Sylvia has this under control'

This is literally what we told our Moms when they asked where our gift envelopes were- Sylvia thought of it, she anticipated everything our guests, families and my now husband would need. She is organized, she orchestrated our vendors and our entire night went without a hitch. She is caring and experienced, she responds quickly and gets things done. Sylvia officiated our wedding too and we love her after working with her through the process. Thank you Sylvia and Vernise you both are amazing!! -Mr and Dr Eckelman

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 9
    A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 10
    Sent on 08/18/2019

Greg Eckelman · Married on 08/17/2019

Perfect service and went the extra mile!

Sylvia was amazing throughout and was always willing o go above and beyond to make everything better and easier on us at every step of the process.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Kathy Douglas · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful!!

Absolutely amazing! So personable and refreshing!! Sylvia made our daughters wedding so nice!! Definitely recommend over and over again.

• Morgan

Morgan Douglas · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome!!!

Sylvia was amazing. She was on top of everything. I would recommend her any day!!!

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 11

Randi Wood · Married on 06/29/2019

Very professional.

She was a really super person to work with. She married my son and daughter in law very flexible with thing and professional .

Linda Douglas · Married on 06/29/2019

Very easy to work with.

Silvia was extremely flexible and provided both my children (2 were married with in 3 months) with the vows they desired. Very professional and personal.

Sent on 12/03/2019

P Michael Moore, Dds · Married on 06/27/2019

Dr P Michael Moore/ Moore/Cowan wedding

A wedding by Sylvia was the most professional wedding planner ever! Her attention to detail was phenomenal and she made my daughters wedding the perfect day. I would highly recommend her services! You will not be disappointed! Thank you Sylvia for a spectacular event! You truly are the best!

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 12
    Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Linda

Linda S. · Married on 06/15/2019

Mother of the Groom

I am the MOG and Sylvia technically was hired by the MOB but she not only made sure EVERY detail was handled for the wedding but also our individual needs. I wasn't a believer in the need for a planner but I guess you don't know what you don't know until its too late. She likely paid for herself by her advice and recommendations for what was necessary and how to make the most of your resources. And to top if off as we were getting close to the wedding we had reason to need a different officiant and she can do that too. Because she knew the couple from working with them as a planner, we had a fantastic ceremony as well. Sylvia was a delight to work with. This was Red Carpet Service on all levels.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Sara Perkins · Married on 06/15/2019

The best investment for your big day!

When my mom first told me she booked a wedding planner I was hesitant as it is a big investment and I’m super type A so I thought I could handle everything. But boy was I WRONG! Sylvia was invaluable during both the planning process and the day of the wedding. She came to every vendor meeting, some with little notice, always kept the meetings on track and brought up extremely important questions that I wouldn’t of even thought about. Sylvia was also great to mediate between my mom and I, in many instances she helped us make compromises so we were within budget and still got the elegant feel we were going for. She is so responsive and honestly makes you feel like her biggest priority. Sylvia helped us navigate some sticky situations as well! For example, our original officiant was not measuring up and she volunteered to step in. She gave us a beautiful and personal ceremony that we got SO many compliments on. Additionally, the day of the wedding she made it clear to the vendors and the bridal party that any questions should be asked to her. This made it so nice as we were not stressed at all and could fully enjoy each and every moment of our day. She is extremely detail oriented, she set up our many decorative touches, helped move a giant flower arch without anyone noticing, and overall made our day so elegant. Sylvia was the best investment and truly made all my wedding dreams come true!!! I highly recommend her to any bride that is looking for a stress free PERFECT start to their happily ever after. We love you Sylvia!!! Thank you ❤️

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 13
    A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 25
    A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 26
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Kelly Griffin · Married on 12/28/2018

Second event with Sylvia!

Sylvia has helped us plan two family events. She has been incredibly professional and guided us in the perfect direction each time. You tell her what you're looking to accomplish, and she pulls a great team together. We could not be more pleased, and will continue using her services for future events.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Susan Reinhard · Married on 10/27/2018

Sylvia made the day perfect!

Sylvia stepped in when our wedding planner got sick and was amazing! She was invaluable and made sure everything came together seamlessly. I cannot say enough good things about her! She was well prepared with safety pins when needed or any other emergency. Sylvia is extremely professional and completely focused on the making the day a huge success! As the mother of the bride I was so thankful for everything she did to make the day perfect!

A Wedding by Sylvia, LLC 27
    Sent on 10/28/2018

Jasmine · Married on 10/13/2018

Ecstatic!

Mrs. Sylvia was everything and more me and my husband expected her to be. She was very professional from the first time we spoke to her. She let us put our ceremony together how we wanted and peiced it together perfectly!! Im so glad we chose her, if I had to do it all over again we would still choose her! We love her!❤️

Sent on 10/15/2018

Lynn · Married on 09/08/2018

Thank you Sylvia for Officiating my daughters wedding 5-20-18 at the Westin Columbus. You did a Wonderful job with the ceremony. Truly an Amazing Weekend filled with Love!

Sent on 06/13/2018