A Shining Star Limousine Services Reviews

36 | Bayville, NJ

36 Reviews for A Shining Star Limousine Services

• R. Xavier

R. Xavier · Married on 10/28/2012

Service was exceptional, on time, and without any issue whatsoever. Our transportation needs were handled with the utmost professionalism and it was a relief to have this aspect of our wedding go so very smoothly. On time, courteous, and happily met our budget. Very satisfied!

Sent on 12/12/2012
  • caitlin452

caitlin · Married on 10/21/2016

Dominic was great!! So helpful with accommodating our schedule leading up to the big day AND on the day, he was on schedule, very polite and very helpful with getting our bridal party in and out quickly and smoothly. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/01/2016
  • Erynn

Erynn · Married on 03/14/2020

Great service

Dominic was extremely easy to work with, and he was beyond responsive. He worked well when our timeline changed, and he was willing to push around the timeline to accommodate what we needed.

Sent on 03/18/2020

A Shining Star Limousine Services's reply:

for the opportunity to serve you ...be well and be safe in these unsafe times ..may god bless your marriage for ever

dominic lopes

Brianna · Married on 09/30/2017

The buses were exceptionally beautiful per our guests and all the guests were picked up in a timely manner. The only thing that proved to be a concern was 4 family members were never picked up from one of the hotels on the list. When no transportation arrived by the scheduled time they needed to drive themselves to there destination.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Devin · Married on 06/12/2015

Finding the right transportation for our Wedding Party was one of the harder vendors to find - there are so many that charge much higher rates once you select "Wedding" rather than anything else, it's very frustrating. Then we found Dominic with A Shining Star Limo. Dominic is excellent! He doesn't try to take advantage of your wedding, he simply provides his service at an incredibly reasonable rate and is very professional about it. We selected the 24-person Party Bus (Ford E.550) and it was perfect! They are accommodating with payment collection to the point that we were able to pay the Driver the final balance the day of our wedding (it's an added piece of mind that you pay once you have received the service). They picked up my husband and his groomsmen and family and took them to the church, then came and picked up my family and bridesmaids and drove us around for pictures and to the reception after. It was excellent. If you are looking for top quality service that doesn't take advantage of you - use Shining Star Limo!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

The lady who drove the limo did not know how to work the AC and or open the trunk. 6 ladies in the limo, wedding flowers and bags, not good, it was about 85 degrees that day. Thankfully Dominic came to our rescue. The shuttle service was fine, clean and timely once moving. Perhaps our venue should have been more attentive in getting guests from one place to the next.

Sent on 11/01/2017

A Shining Star Limousine Services's reply:

thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review ..Im sorry about the driver , it was my fault I probably didn't train her properly ,...please except my apologies...dominic
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/09/2016

4.2

Definitely worth the money if you are looking for a one-way trip. I tried other well-known companies in the South Jersey area and they wanted over $500 for a trip that would only take 25 minutes in a stretch limo. For half the cost, I got a bus that seated all of my party, plus our dresses and bags!

Sent on 04/20/2016

A Shining Star Limousine Services's reply:

thank you christine for the review ..we appreciate it very much.

dominic

Susan · Married on 09/16/2017

3.6
      3.5

The driver was on time and professional. There was a confusion at the end of the night and the limo was not changed to the limo bus that I thought I ordered. The company did work with us and make two trips at no additional charge to get our wedding party home.

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • Jazmine

Jazmine · Married on 05/18/2019

2.8
      2.0
      3.0

Not promised what was in contract

We originally requested a limo. Our contract specifically states you would provide champagne. As our date approached, you informed us that the vehicle broke down and we would be given a shuttle. Once we got on the shuttle. There was no champagne and your driver informed us that we could not drink. Very disappointed with his attitudes towards us.

Sent on 06/08/2019

good afternoon Jazmine
    that's not true a bottle of champagne is always provided to the bride and groom , I don't understand why the driver told you that but I give you my order I will get to the bottom of it and if I have to I will re-train the driver ..im sorry for both situations ..let me know if theres anything I can do to make it better ..thank you

chelsea · Married on 10/14/2016

2.8
      1.5
      2.5

The price of this service is what drew to me this company, and the only reason it gets the rating it is receiving. I didn't need much transportation just a ride to the venue for the bridal party and then a shuttle service at the end of the night. Like any wedding we were running a little behind in the am, but I built in buffer time for all of this, and the our limo driver was rude. Reminding me I only had it till a certain time when that was not discussed. Also provided shuttle service at the end of the night, the driver never came in and announced he was there, nor did he get out of his vehicle to greet us. My groom them told the driver he'd be right back he was going to get the bride, and the driver left us at our venue, and after we called numerous times, he refused to come back to get us until he dropped off the other guests at the hotel. Therefore the myself and my groom sat for an extra 25 minutes waiting to take an empty shuttle back to our hotel. Not the best experience.

Sent on 10/26/2016

A Shining Star Limousine Services's reply:

wow chelsea im sorry that you are disappointed , but when we started the process you told me you had a budget and you did not wanted to go over it , so we agreed on you only having the vehicle 1.5 hour before the reception and then 1.5 hour after the reception , so all the driver was doing was letting you know so you dint ran into overtime . im very sorry that you took it that way please receive my apologies ..also at the end of the night the bus was full they where no more empty seats and the law in new jersey is very picky about standees on a moving bus ..im very sorry that you had to wait for the bus to come back for you....thank you for your business

0.4
      0.5

Worst driver I have ever had!! He was incredibly rude to everyone and made everyone feel very uncomfortable! Really ruined our day. When I called to let the company know they said he must have been having an off day. They didn't even bother to apologize! Go with any other company!

Sent on 01/25/2017