36th Street Events Reviews

36th Street Events 6
  • Stacy

Stacy Paltiyevich · Married on 12/01/2018

The absolute best!

I don't know if I can adequately express how happy I am with my decision to use 36th Street Events. My planner was Jessika Knight, and to say she is top-notch is an understatement. She was responsive, gave me her honest opinion when I needed it, and a dream to work with. From our initial phone call through the wedding day, she was on top of everything. She really understand the vibe I was going for, and it really felt she wanted to do everything possible to execute my vision. I had multiple family members and wedding party members tell me that my planner was amazing, as she made sure on the day of the wedding that everyone knew at all times where they needed to be and when, as well as provide direction on anything else. You must have Jessika plan your wedding!!

Sent on 01/17/2019

carol · Married on 03/24/2018

Jessika Knight at 36th Street Events was our event planner for my daughter's wedding (Prospect House). I think she was born to do this! She saved our sanity during this process. Her demeanor is calm, patient, capable. Very detailed oriented and thorough. She is full of creative solutions for any number of situations. Plus, she is kind and fun to work with. She gives a lot of herself and truly cares and wants to create a beautiful event for you. Best money spent!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Krystal · Married on 12/02/2017

I worked with Jessika Knight for my December 2nd wedding in West Palm Beach and there aren't enough words to express how wonderful she is. My wedding was originally scheduled to be in Puerto Rico; however, Hurricane Maria had different plans. I had to re-plan my whole wedding in 6 weeks and never could have done it without Jessika... like NEVER EVER!

I'm a wedding planner in the Austin area so when it came to finding a day of coordinator, I was very picky in regards to who I wanted to work with. I've worked with Jess in the past and am always impressed by how amazing Jessika is at her job. She's super organized, patient, kind and an overall badass. She helped me tremendously in the month leading up to my wedding with vendor communication and taking lead on creating my timeline. She's always super quick to respond to emails and goes above and beyond what you ask for. I never could have imagined our big day without her leading us every step of the way. The timeline ran without a hitch and it was all because of the amazing direction she provided throughout the day.

If you're looking to hire a planner to guide you through your planning process and help you implement everything you've ever dreamed of, Jessika is your girl! Jess, I cannot thank you enough for all the hard work, time, and care you put into creating the best day of our lives. Couldn't have done it without you boo!

Sent on 01/29/2018
  • Z

Zoey F · Married on 11/04/2017

Ren Newey is an exceptional planner.

Ren Newey is quite simply everything a bride could ask for in a wedding planner. She is the essence of class and calm with a creative edge. Ren was able to take my vision (which shifted and never stayed the same) and focus it to bring the right team together and put on the greatest weekend I could have imagined. Ren was there for every step of the process - from getting to know the Driskill as a venue to identifying the right vendors for the right price to the final curation and management of the full weekend. She balanced the complex dynamics of family conversations with grace. I remember the first weekend Tom and I traveled to Austin and the nerves between me, my husband and parents. Ren managed to navigate that weekend and the months to come with confidence and fun - putting all around her at ease. She is bold enough to share her point of view but warm and empathetic enough to know when a bride needs space or reassurance. She has impeccable taste and a excellent eye for detail while never straying from the big picture. I would recommend Ren and her team to any bride, groom and family without hesitation.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

They will make your dreams come true!

Let me start by saying I am, for better or worse, difficult to impress and often dream up things that are far from reality --- our wedding absolutely blew us away with how perfectly and above our expectations it turned out to be. It all came together so beautifully and thoughtfully beyond what we could imagine. We received endless compliments from our guests on the design, set up, etc, but mostly for the service that Beth and 36th Street Events provided throughout the day. (Of course, we were fully aware of how wonderful Beth is from working with her over a year and a half to plan and were not surprised that our guests received the same customer service). My husband and I have repeatedly told our friends that hiring our wedding planner was the top item that we would splurge on all over again and again. We got to enjoy all of the planning time and relax the day of because Beth and her team literally handled and managed it all!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    36th Street Events 7
    36th Street Events 8
    36th Street Events 9
    36th Street Events 10
    36th Street Events 11
    36th Street Events 12

Becca · Married on 10/08/2017

Jessika Knight is an absolutely fantastic wedding planner, and we loved working with her and 36th Street Events. Jessika has the best attitude for planning a wedding — always friendly and upbeat, but down to earth and easy to talk to. She really listens and pays attention to the details of things you like, and I fully trusted her judgment. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to be and more. On the day of, Jessika and the staff at 36th Street Events made sure everything was perfect, so that we could really just enjoy ourselves and be a part of everything. They thought of even the littlest details, like bringing me a straw during our photo shoot so that I didn’t smudge my lipstick. We had a pretty laissez faire attitude about wedding planning, and she kept us on track throughout the entire process, remembering every little detail. She kept great notes and records of our decisions, and sent us friendly reminders when we needed to handle something. Jessika also helped us scope out the whole budget from the beginning, and then would give us a short list of reasonably priced options/vendors for each thing so that we didn’t have to do endless research ourselves. That alone reduced sooo much of the stress of wedding planning. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, people kept saying how amazing it was that I didn’t seem stressed about anything, but Jessika never seemed stressed, so it was pretty easy to feel like everything was going to turn out alright — and it did! It was all perfect! The only thing we’re sad about is that we’re not going to be working with her anymore!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/23/2017

Jessika Knight and the entire 36th Street Event team were the absolute best to work with! I started planning my wedding with more than a year to get it all done, but it would have been impossible without Jessika! Finishing my master's degree and working full time didn't leave a lot of wedding planning time. Jessika made the whole process seamless and took our vision and made it a reality! The day of support and design planning was worth it all. I didn't have to worry about anything and the whole team was amazing! They made sure we had everything we needed on the big day and everything was beautiful. Our guests are still talking about how amazing everything was!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/20/2017

My family and I are so thankful for the incredible job that Jessika Knight and the whole team at 36th Street Events did for our May wedding at Laguna Gloria. Jessika was always so upbeat and reassured me as she helped me to plan my Austin wedding from across the country. She provided me with great feedback on local vendors, unburdened me from the back-and-forth with vendors as plans evolved, and helped to actualize some my wedding day ideas. It was easy to relax on the day of the wedding knowing that Jessika would execute all of the details we discussed during the planning period. She was extremely organized and professional, which ensured that our many vendors and moving parts all shined on the special day. Thank you so much to Jessika and the team at 36th Street Events for making our wedding day as I dreamt. I recommend 36th Street to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Lindsay · Married on 02/04/2017

I loved working with 36th Street Events (Gillian was my planner) and they made both me and my mother happy! That's not an easy task. Gillian created an amazing design aesthetic using my very rough guide and everything was easy, awesome and fun! They made the day run smoothly and for that my family is eternally grateful.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Carter · Married on 08/10/2016

I interviewed countless potential wedding coordinators in Austin, and ended up deciding to go with 36th Street Events; specifically Jessika Knight. I am here to say we're so glad we decided to go with her. We had a very detailed and complicated outdoor wedding where my wife crafted about 90% of the decorations, and Jessika absolutely knocked it out of the park. She went above and beyond our expectations, took our vision for the wedding we wanted and made it a reality greater than we imagined. Along with this she was also incredibly sweet and easy to work with. We will always be referring our friends to her.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Amy · Married on 05/29/2016

If you want a stress-free, gorgeous wedding day - look no further! We worked with Ren and Jessika on designing and executing our wedding and it was flawless. Jessika took care of every detail and vendor on our wedding day and we got to enjoy our time with our loved ones. Everyone at 36th Street was incredibly organized, professional, and accommodating during the planning process and the day of the wedding. It is obvious that these women are passionate about making wedding dreams come true and they have the expertise to make it happen. We give them our highest recommendation. Thank you, Jessika and Ren!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Tonya · Married on 02/27/2016

Beth Walker with 36th Street Events was recommended to me as an "Ala carte" planner. She will handle all or a portion of your wedding or event. That's exactly what we needed as my daughter and I planned her wedding living in 2 cities. I needed someone to oversee the final details of the wedding weekend so I could thoroughly enjoy my daughter on her day. That's exactly what happened!
    Beth is calm, incredibly organized and has an amazing work ethic. Through the planning process I was impressed that she is respected by so many vendors in the Austin Texas area. That spoke volumes of her character to me!
    Call her now to meet her if you are planning an event. You will have no regrets! Most importantly ~ the bride and groom LOVED her!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2015

Beth and her staff are absolutely amazing!! We worked with her for "day-of" coordination, but really it was like "several months before" wedding coordination. Beth met with my fiance and I a couple months before our actual wedding day to go over everything and help make sure we were on track with booking vendors, etc. Every single vendor I met with had wonderful things to say about her as well, and told me not to worry because Beth was "the best." She was incredibly organized and always quick to respond to my emails about random questions. She and her staff set up all our decor beautifully and it was so nice to not have to worry about that at all. On the day of the wedding, she was very accessible - helping with everything from the processional to my stubborn dress bustle to getting an ace bandage when I twisted my ankle. Investing in Beth's services was worth every single penny!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Ren was our wonderful planner for our wedding on June 7, 2015.
    She is absolutely amazing to work with and was totally flexible to meet what we needed out of a planner.
    She was always responsive and has the ability to create and execute a vision for your wedding.
    Our wedding was really planned in about 6 months and it would not have been possible without her!
    Full service planning is not inexpensive, but it is worth it. We were able to tailor our contract to only include those services that we thought we would require.

Sent on 06/19/2015

Linda · Married on 06/06/2015

I chose Beth Walker with 36th Street Events for my daughter's wedding, and I'm so glad I did. The added value of her great personality, creative suggestions, and calm demeanor on the wedding day are just some of the reasons I give her five stars. Her checklists were so helpful and she kept everything on track throughout the planning process and at the wedding. She handled all the various vendors with such professionalism and grace. And even went out of her way to handle the pick-up of pizza for the wedding after party! Her experience and vast knowledge of all things "wedding" exceeded all my expectations. I had such fun being mother-of-the-bride with her help!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Ren is a superstar. I can't recommend her highly enough. She was professional, organized, and just a great person to be around. She helped us with all aspects of our wedding and thought of all the little touches that made our day special - including making sure a box of desserts was saved and delivered to us in our hotel room! I felt 100% comfortable working with her through the planning process and would trust her with any big event. I also liked how she was very on top of things, but still had a friendly, easy-going nature. And she has great taste! I paid a bit more with 36th street than other quotes I got, but it was worth every penny.

Sent on 07/10/2014

stacie · Married on 09/14/2013

Gillian is an absolute angel!! I can't say enough good things about her in a review! She is organized, prepared, amazing listener, hard worker... During our first meeting I was so nervous I kept talking on and on about every little detail I could imagine, and when she emailed me back later that day as a follow up, I didn't even remember telling her half the things she listed back to me. She is absolutely amazing to work with, and I would highly recommend her to everyone I know!! She made the whole experience a total breeze, and it's not often you hear a bride say that! There is NO WAY my wedding would've turned out the way it did without her!!

Sent on 09/27/2013
  • Maeghan

Maeghan · Married on 04/27/2013

We worked with Beth Walker at 36th Street Events. Beth was incredibly responsive and was a huge part of why our wedding was such a great success. We had a few unusual requests (such as having a longhorn present during cocktail hour for photos), and Beth made it all happen. Beth saved the day after a guest got food on my wedding dress at the reception, and she pulled off a rain plan that turned out beautifully. We couldn't be more appreciative. I highly, HIGHLY recommend Beth and 36th Street Events!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Taylor · Married on 11/03/2012

Ren was unbelievable! She met with us at our convenience at various points during our planning. She clearly outlined the timeline and when we needed to have various items completed.

The timeline spreadsheet provided was very nice to have and allowed us to customize it and add/subtract things if necessary. So helpful! Ren was also able to recommend vendors for any type of service and this probably saved us the most time and expense. Instead of having to search google, interview people, and wonder if we were getting a good deal and quality product, her recommendations were spot on.

Ren went above and beyond all of my expectations. She would go out to the wedding venue on her own time to check things out and make suggestions for us! If we didn't like them, she was ok with our decisions and handled herself very professionally throughout the entire process.

You can tell Ren truly loves what she is doing and is very passionate. All she cares about is making the wedding a wonderful experience for everyone, especially us! She was very focused on not having us worry about anything during the weekend and event. My wife and I were able to relax and enjoy ourselves during the chaotic weekend with all of our family and friends!

THANK YOU REN!!!!!

Sent on 08/25/2013
  • Madeleine

Madeleine · Married on 10/27/2012

My husband and I worked with Ren at 36th Street Events for our wedding in October of 2012. She was fabulous -- so helpful in the time leading up to the wedding, as well as the day of. She's so nice and easy to work with and full of great ideas, I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Marissa · Married on 04/28/2012

Bethany and her team were amazing!

I hired Bethany two months (yes two months) before our wedding. I had hired another planner a year before, but it was clear as the wedding got closer than our working styles were not compatible. Being an out-of-town bride (and a Type A personality), I needed my planner to be super-organized and a clear communicator.

A friend referred me to Bethany, and I called her hoping she was still available. After 5 minutes of talking to her, I immediately felt relieved and confident in her abilities - and she did not disappoint! She kept this meticulously updated timeline of every single detail of the wedding - we reviewed it 2 or 3 times before the wedding, and she was amazing at consistently capturing every action item, decision, or open question and making sure everything was resolved. Best of all, she managed and coordinated with all of my other vendors, which was a HUGE relief.

The day-of went perfectly, and the reception venue looked beautiful. And I should note that we had TON of items that we brought in, from picture frames to a candy bar (we literally packed Bethany's entire car with stuff!) and everything was exactly where it was supposed to be...AND she coordinated packing and returning everything home as well. Bethany was also fantastic at making sure everyone (especially my husband and I) was where they were supposed to be. Most importantly, she did so in a nice, but effective way :)

I would highly recommend Bethany and her team, especially for the thorough, detail-oriented bride that needs a friendly, reliable, and professional planner to help execute your vision without losing your mind!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Amy · Married on 10/29/2011

Bethany Hanson did such an amazing job of helping us plan our wedding! She offered spot-on advice, gave us great vendor suggestions, reviewed our contracts, put together an incredibly detailed and helpful schedule for the weekend of the wedding, and was so accommodating and fun to work with! The only vendor that we found on our own was our photographer (Anthology Photograpy - loved them!!) and we received compliments on literally ALL of the vendors that we hired! Bethany and her team (especially Ree, our day-of coordinator) made sure that that wedding went off without a hitch. In fact, I asked Bethany the next day if anything happened that deviated from our original plan because the event seemed so perfect to me that I wondered if they'd shielded me from a crisis that had taken place. :)

I am SO happy that I hired Bethany and would recommend that others do the same. This is not an area that you want to forgo to save money - at least hire day-of coordination, you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/19/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/17/2011

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with Bethany and her team at 36th Street Events. Bethany came highly recommended from our caterer. From our first conversation, we had no doubt she was the wedding coordinator for us. She was objective, yet gave great direction and input. Bethany is very detail oriented and put together a fantastic timeline for day of wedding activities. She was punctual, a great listener and provided timely follow up. We knew if something were to go amiss she would handle it with grace. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch and we were so relaxed knowing Bethany had it handled. The vibe, the flow and the decorations were perfect. Even down to the to-go bag she packed with goodies. She had our backs at every turn. We highly recommend Bethany and her team… Worth every penny!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Courtney · Married on 09/17/2011

Sent on 10/25/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/03/2011

I cannot say enough great things about Beth and 36th Street Events!!! She was a lifesaver for the months prior to the wedding and the day of. Our wedding ran so smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing! When I asked Beth on the day of if any of the vendors had showed up yet, she responded confidently "Don't worry about that - you just worry about getting beautiful." That is the best thing any bride can hear on her wedding day! I was not stressed out at all about things going smoothly. Beth handled everything from contacting vendors the month before the wedding, the rehearsal, the small details, setting up, the timeline, FAMILY. Our guests are still raving about how smoothly our wedding went and how well it was planned! They all had a great time and I think it all came down to Beth and her girls being so great at what they do... I can say hands down that the money we spent with 36th Street Events was hands down the best money we spent on our wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2011