8 Reviews for 1774 Inn

Liquor License (1)
Lighting (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
8 1774 Inn Reviews

The 1774 Inn is the perfect spot for a beautiful Maine outdoor wedding. Jackie was excellent throughout the entire process of wedding planning right through to the wedding day. She quickly responded to any questions and worked hard to make our wedding weekend perfect and everything we wanted. There is also plenty for guests to do in the area and many of our guests from away made the weekend into a mini vacation! I would highly recommend this location to any couple looking for a beautiful wedding spot that can be made into a weekend getaway. Our guests loved staying at the Inn and getting to enjoy Jackie's delicious breakfasts and the gorgeous scenery. It was the perfect spot for our wedding!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7218963, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you're looking for a picturesque waterfront venue for your weekend wedding celebration, the 1774 Inn is the perfect spot! My husband and I had our wedding at the inn this July and the whole weekend was a dream come true. There are so many wonderful things about this venue but I think the best part is having the whole inn for you and your family/wedding party for the entire weekend. 16 people can stay in 8 rooms Friday – Sunday so we really felt comfortable and relaxed for the best weekend of our lives!

Jackie is wonderful to work with… she made the whole planning process a breeze and was very prompt answering any and all questions we had by email and phone. Another great thing about this venue is there is so much flexibility to create the wedding you’ve been dreaming of…. Jackie told me every wedding she’s had there has been different and I can see why. You bring your ideas and personal touch to the venue and make it the day and the weekend you’ve been dreaming of. I loved having so much flexibility and watching my visions turn into reality.

I could really go on and on about the wonderful features of this venue but in the meantime you should just call Jackie and see the inn for yourself! It truly is a special place and the perfect spot for a wedding in Maine!

PS... AND as far as the bottom line goes this venue is an incredible value … you have a gorgeous waterfront site from Friday – Sunday, a two night stay for you, your partner and 14 guests in a charming and very beautiful inn, and a yummy breakfast Saturday & Sunday morning, and rentals (tent, table, chairs, linens and napkins) for much less than many other waterfront venues charge for a 5 hour rental. More importantly you’ll have the most wonderful, relaxed and beautiful venue for your weekend wedding you’ll never forget!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

When my wife and I started looking for wedding venues, we thought we visited a couple places that could potentially be our location. As soon as we pulled into the 1774’s driveway, walked through the barn and opened the back door to view the big lawn and beautiful water view of the Kennebec River… We both knew we’d found our place! There was no competition.

As amazing as the view was it just got better from there. The inn is timeless… old, rustic and very well maintained. Beyond the beauty of the venue… the owners Jackie and John helped tremendously throughout the whole planning process. They really go above and beyond to help create the day you want. So many times my wife called or emailed Jackie and she always had an answer or a great recommendation. I’m not sure how many times Jackie emphasized that “the property was ours for the weekend.” They make you feel like you own a slice of heaven for a couple days.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, you get the whole place for the entire weekend. We utilized every minute we had there and every piece of the property. We showed up early afternoon Friday to set up, had our rehearsal dinner in the barn and later invited close friends over for a fire and drinks. There are 8 rooms in the inn so our wedding party and parents stayed there with us Friday and Saturday night.

We had an outdoor ceremony Saturday on the top of the hill with the water in in the background. Throughout the evening everyone roamed the grounds, played corn hole, talked, danced and had an incredible time. I didn’t realize it until later but many of our guests took advantage of the views and sunset… we saw many of our friends change their profile pictures to photos of them at our wedding. Sunday was the only bad day since it meant our magical weekend had come and passed.

This place is a hidden gem. The best advice I can give you… email Jackie and set up a visit. To truly understand how special this place is you have to see it for yourself.

Profile Picture Tyler, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Parking, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals

After visiting the inn several times as a couple we knew we couldn't pick a more perfect wedding venue. Jackie and John were a joy to work with and went out of their way to accommodate all of our requests. Being able to have our family around us staying on site for the whole weekend was an added bonus. The wedding site allows a stunning view of the water and the whole property truly lends itself to a magical experience. We would recommend getting married at the 1774 Inn again and again!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had an incredible wedding at the 1774 Inn. John, Jackie, and their entire team went above and beyond to welcome us and our guests; the Inn really felt like a second home during the wedding weekend.

John and Jackie were easy to work with and always quick to answer our questions. We met with many vendors before deciding on a location and chose the 1774 because of how kind Jackie was during our initial tour. When rain was predicted for our wedding day, John helped us secure a tent a week before the wedding so we could rearrange our reception. We hosted our ceremony and cocktail hour in the barn over looking the water and it was a beautiful.

The 1774 Inn is extremely clean and a comfortable place to stay. Breakfast in the morning is delicious. Our wedding party couldn't stop raving how great the food at the Inn was!

Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or a place to get married, book the 1774 Inn. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4519728, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A perfect wedding location. Gorgeous spot, great value, my husband and I had a absolutely perfect day. Words cannot express how wonderful everything at the 1774 inn was. I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture emily, 9/27/14, 1 Review
4.7

John and Jackie were great to work with!! Along with communication with Jackie, I also spoke with her assistant Ashley who kept me in the loop. Ashley also served as a day-of coordinator for our wedding day. She helped serve the breakfast in the morning (which were DELICIOUS!) as well as all the running around, greeting vendors, etc all so I didn't have to worry about a thing! The Inn and the view were both breathtaking. The 1774 Inn was the first and only venue we checked out and I couldn't stop thinking of it. I just couldn't stop smiling. There is so much character and something about the house as well as John and Jackie just makes you feel so calm and at ease. We had our ceremony and reception both at the Inn and it was a perfect day. Jackie took care of the tent, chair, and dance floor rentals. This helped us immensely! Jackie is an amazing cook! There was fresh fruit, banana bread, juices, bagels, yogurt and granola laid out each morning. She made a phenomenal blueberry cream cheese french toast casserole topped with a blueberry sauce and I wish I could have eaten the entire batch! We had everyone in our bridal party raving about the breakfast and the Inn atmosphere. We also had a ton of wedding guests rave about the view and how gorgeous the grounds and location was! We definitely recommend the 1774 Inn to anyone looking for a wedding venue or just a cute little Bed and Breakfast in the Phippsburg area. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Liquor License, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor