The Wylder Hotel is a lush waterside wedding venue and hotel located in Tilghman, Maryland. With over nine acres of beautiful gardens, 54 rooms, multiple event spaces, and waterfront property, it's clear to see why The Wylder Hotel is the area's premier wedding venue. The Wylder Hotel is located on a three-mile stretch of land in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay and is a gorgeous re-creation of the original boarding house located on the island back in 1898.
Facilities & Capacity
Guests have the opportunity to rent the entire venue, giving them free reign over the breathtaking waterfront property. The Wylder offers plenty of opportunities to celebrate your very special ceremony, from the charming Bungalows, perfect for a bachelor or bachelorette party, to the stunning Herb Garden, which is the ideal locale to host your wedding ceremony. The Wylder Hotel also offers plenty of water activities in The Marina that overlooks the Chesapeake Bay. With enough space to fit 250 of your friends and family, you can enjoy the wedding ceremony of your dreams.
Couples also have the option of a smaller wedding where only 25 hotel rooms need to be booked and they still have the option of a waterfront ceremony and reception!
The Wylder Hotel offers couples space to celebrate their bridal shower, elopement, reception, ceremony, engagement party, and rehearsal dinner. For events, the venue provides equipment like dance floors, lighting, tent accessories, chairs, furniture, tables, tents, and audio equipment. If you’re wondering how you cater an island wedding ceremony, don’t worry — The Wylder provides delectable servings from The Bar Mumbo and Tickler’s Crab Shack and Restaurant. Both of these restaurants can provide ceremonies and events with barware, flatware, linens, china, and glassware, as well as a full bar and bartenders. Other services offered include:
The Wylder Hotel provides guests with several options for their overnight stay. With 54 hotel rooms and 12 different room types the options are endless! The bungalows are a favorite of wedding parties as it can fit the entire bridal party in one building with a communal deck off the front where couples often enjoy mimosas in the morning and host a relaxed after party hang session.
Wondering what makes Wylder special? We think it is the best wedding venue on the Eastern Shore for many reasons but here are a few:
- You can host your entire wedding weekend here from rehearsal dinner to ceremony and reception to Sunday brunch!
- No need for a shuttle or other hotel room blocks. We have 50 hotel rooms on site, so all your family and friends can stay here with you for a fun filled wedding weekend!
- How does a corn hole or bocce ball tournament sound to you... what about a pool party or afternoon sail on the Bay? We have lawn games, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, bikes, a heated saltwater pool and a fleet of charter boats all waiting for you and your guests to utilize and have fun!
- Full customization: We can fully customize the menu to suit your needs and our venue spaces are all blank canvases just waiting for you to express your creativity and all things Pinterest!!!
- A waterfront ceremony space for everyone and multiple venues for your reception. We have 3 options all on our 9.5 acres.
- Finally onside coordination and custom wedding packages. Every wedding receives a day of coordinator to help ease your stress! We also can work with your budget, payment plans and needs with many 2020 and 2021 dates still available in every season! Let us know your budget, wants, wishes and needs and we will let you know how we can make your dream come true!!!
Please let us know if you have ANY questions at all and we would LOVE for you to come for a tour soon!! Our property really shines its best in person and who wouldn't want to come hang out on the water for the day and enjoy a cocktail by the bonfire pit?!?!
Recommended by 100% of couples
12 User photos
Laura Friedel · Married on 06/22/2019
I photographed my first wedding at Wylder Hotel in June and the venue couldn't have run things more perfectly! The food was on point and the schedule ran seamlessly. Plus you have the most beautiful waterfront view you could ask for. I would highly recommend this venue!Sent on 08/14/2019
Deborah Bridges · Married on 07/06/2019
Kristen is wonderful to work with! A great Wedding Venue!Sent on 08/14/2019
Shelley · Married on 08/25/2018
My husband and I went here for a short honeymoon. I really enjoyed the relaxation and quaintness of it. The rooms were clean, and nicely decorated. The food was fantastic and drinks were great. They have a couple fire pits, salt water pool, bikes and other things to keep you occupied. I give this place a 5 and hope others will follow and try it out for a weekend.Sent on 08/29/2018
Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island Price Rates
Make a trip out of it and come stay with us for the night before or after your wedding tour! We will give you 15% off your room rate for the night!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule!
Book your wedding before September 30th and get a free signature cocktail upgrade!