We still have 2022 Early Spring and Late Fall dates available! Virtual Facetime Tours offered to those who can't travel!
Brand new 2,200 sq foot waterfront ballroom with gorgeous oak floors and picturesque windows overlooking the water.
The Wylder Hotel is a lush waterside wedding venue and hotel located in Tilghman, Maryland. With over nine acres of beautiful gardens, 54 rooms, waterfront ceremony space, multiple event spaces, and waterfront property, it's clear to see why The Wylder Hotel is the area's premier wedding venue. The Wylder Hotel is located on a three-mile stretch of land in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay and is a gorgeous re-creation of the original boarding house located on the island back in 1898.
Facilities & Capacity
Guests have the opportunity to rent the entire venue, giving them free reign over the breathtaking waterfront property. The Wylder offers plenty of opportunities to celebrate your entire wedding weekend in one place. From your rehearsal dinner, welcome drinks reception, waterfront ceremony, outdoor cocktail hour, multiple indoor and outdoor reception spaces, late night on-site bar, to Sunday Brunch. Your Wedding guests never have to touch their car keys and get to enjoy Wylder’s salt water pool, watersports, docks, over-water crab shack restaurant and bonfire pits! The Wylder Hotel also offers plenty of water activities in The Marina that overlooks the Chesapeake Bay. With enough space to fit anywhere from 25-250 of your friends and family, you can enjoy the wedding weekend of your dreams.
The Wylder Hotel offers couples space to celebrate their bridal shower, elopement, reception, ceremony, engagement party, and rehearsal dinner. For events, the venue provides equipment like dance floors, lighting, tent accessories, chairs, furniture, tables, tents, and audio equipment. If you’re wondering how you cater an island wedding ceremony, don’t worry — The Wylder provides delectable servings from The Bar Mumbo and Tickler’s Crab Shack and Restaurant. Both of these restaurants can provide ceremonies and events with barware, flatware, linens, china, and glassware, as well as a full bar and bartenders. Other services offered include:
- Bridal suite
- Event planning
- Pet-friendly grounds
- All-inclusive packages
- Event rentals
- Outside vendors
- Set up
- Clean up
The Wylder Hotel provides guests with several options for their overnight stay. With 54 hotel rooms and 12 different room types the options are endless! The bungalows are a favorite of wedding parties as it can fit the entire bridal party in one building with a communal deck off the front where couples often enjoy mimosas in the morning and host a relaxed after party hang session at night.
Wondering what makes Wylder special? We think it is the best wedding venue on the Eastern Shore for many reasons but here are a few:
- You can host your entire wedding weekend here from rehearsal dinner to ceremony and reception to Sunday brunch!
- No need for a shuttle or other hotel room blocks. We have 50 hotel rooms on site, so all your family and friends can stay here with you for a fun filled wedding weekend!
- How does a corn hole or bocce ball tournament sound to you... what about a pool party or afternoon sail on the Bay? We have lawn games, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, bikes, a heated saltwater pool and a fleet of charter boats all waiting for you and your guests to utilize and have fun!
- Full customization: We can fully customize the menu to suit your needs and our venue spaces are all blank canvases just waiting for you to express your creativity and all things Pinterest!!!
- A waterfront ceremony space for everyone and multiple venues for your reception. We have 3 options all on our 9.5 acres.
- Inside waterfront event room space that can fit up to 135 people, a dance floor, outdoor cocktail hour and a real bar for your guests to hang at!
- Tent on our waterfront lawn. We can fit up to 250 guests on our spacious lawn and host your entire wedding reception and ceremony outside!!
- Our over-water crab shack is super casual and features our Eastern shore classic style. Host your reception outside without having to rent a tent for 80 people or add the inside restaurant space to fit 175 with some inside and some out and a dance floor in between!!!
- Finally onside coordination and custom wedding packages. Every wedding receives a day of coordinator to help ease your stress! We also can work with your budget, payment plans and needs with many 2020 and 2021 dates still available in every season! Let us know your budget, wants, wishes and needs and we will let you know how we can make your dream come true!!!
Please let us know if you have ANY questions at all and we would LOVE for you to come for a tour soon!! Our property really shines its best in person and who wouldn't want to come hang out on the water for the day and enjoy a cocktail by the bonfire pit?!?!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What catering services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
8 ReviewsWrite a review
43 User photos
56 photos · 09/21/2019
46 photos · 04/06/2019
Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island Price Rates
Born and raised on the Eastern Shore, I don't know of a better place to get married than on the water! I have been working on weddings for 4 years, starting as an assistant planner in 2016. Since then, I have handled almost every aspect of weddings, from the formal venue perspective and as a freelance planner. I am familiar with military weddings, outdoor weddings, ballroom weddings, and very intimate weddings! I orginially planned on starting my own planning business, however Wylder stole my heart! I love coming to such a beautiful place every day and every wedding I see on our property makes me fall in love with it all over again!
I am so happy you are considering Wylder as a Wedding venue option!! I would LOVE to host your wedding at our beautiful waterfront property on the Eastern Shore. I really think we have something unique and special compared to other venues. With a full wedding weekend and everyone staying at the hotel it is a bit like summer camp & a much more relaxed!!
Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island frequently asked questions
What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island?
- Bridal Suite
- Clean Up
- Event Planning
- Set Up
At Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?
- Cake Cutting
At Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island, what does the bar service starting price include?
- House Beer
- House Liquor
- House Wine
- Open Bar
- Premium Liquor
- Signature Drink
- Specialty Beer
- Specialty Wine
What are the most important characteristics of Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island in terms of venue type, style and location?
- Historic Building
What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island for wedding events?
- Covered Outdoor
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Scenic Views
What kind of wedding events does Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island offer?
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
What services does Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island offer for wedding events?
- All Inclusive Packages
- Bar Services
- Catering Services
- Clean Up
- Event Planner
- Event Rentals
- Get Ready Rooms
- Outside Vendors
- Pet Friendly
- Set Up
What furniture and decorations does Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island have available for wedding events?
- Dance Floor
What percentage of users recommend Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?
What kind of wedding service promotions does Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island offer?