The Wylder Hotel is a lush waterside wedding venue and hotel located in Tilghman, Maryland. With over nine acres of beautiful gardens, 54 rooms, waterfront ceremony space, multiple event spaces, and waterfront property, it's clear to see why The Wylder Hotel is the area's premier wedding venue. The Wylder Hotel is located on a three-mile stretch of land in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay and is a gorgeous re-creation of the original boarding house located on the island back in 1898.
Facilities & Capacity
Guests have the opportunity to rent the entire venue, giving them free reign over the breathtaking waterfront property. The Wylder offers plenty of opportunities to celebrate your entire wedding weekend in one place. From your rehearsal dinner, welcome drinks reception, waterfront ceremony, outdoor cocktail hour, multiple indoor and outdoor reception spaces, late night on-site bar, to Sunday Brunch. Your Wedding guests never have to touch their car keys and get to enjoy Wylder’s salt water pool, watersports, docks, over-water crab shack restaurant and bonfire pits! The Wylder Hotel also offers plenty of water activities in The Marina that overlooks the Chesapeake Bay. With enough space to fit anywhere from 25-250 of your friends and family, you can enjoy the wedding weekend of your dreams.
The Wylder Hotel offers couples space to celebrate their bridal shower, elopement, reception, ceremony, engagement party, and rehearsal dinner. For events, the venue provides equipment like dance floors, lighting, tent accessories, chairs, furniture, tables, tents, and audio equipment. If you’re wondering how you cater an island wedding ceremony, don’t worry — The Wylder provides delectable servings from The Bar Mumbo and Tickler’s Crab Shack and Restaurant. Both of these restaurants can provide ceremonies and events with barware, flatware, linens, china, and glassware, as well as a full bar and bartenders. Other services offered include:
The Wylder Hotel provides guests with several options for their overnight stay. With 54 hotel rooms and 12 different room types the options are endless! The bungalows are a favorite of wedding parties as it can fit the entire bridal party in one building with a communal deck off the front where couples often enjoy mimosas in the morning and host a relaxed after party hang session at night.
Wondering what makes Wylder special? We think it is the best wedding venue on the Eastern Shore for many reasons but here are a few:
- You can host your entire wedding weekend here from rehearsal dinner to ceremony and reception to Sunday brunch!
- No need for a shuttle or other hotel room blocks. We have 50 hotel rooms on site, so all your family and friends can stay here with you for a fun filled wedding weekend!
- How does a corn hole or bocce ball tournament sound to you... what about a pool party or afternoon sail on the Bay? We have lawn games, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, bikes, a heated saltwater pool and a fleet of charter boats all waiting for you and your guests to utilize and have fun!
- Full customization: We can fully customize the menu to suit your needs and our venue spaces are all blank canvases just waiting for you to express your creativity and all things Pinterest!!!
- A waterfront ceremony space for everyone and multiple venues for your reception. We have 3 options all on our 9.5 acres.
- Finally onside coordination and custom wedding packages. Every wedding receives a day of coordinator to help ease your stress! We also can work with your budget, payment plans and needs with many 2020 and 2021 dates still available in every season! Let us know your budget, wants, wishes and needs and we will let you know how we can make your dream come true!!!
Please let us know if you have ANY questions at all and we would LOVE for you to come for a tour soon!! Our property really shines its best in person and who wouldn't want to come hang out on the water for the day and enjoy a cocktail by the bonfire pit?!?!
6 Reviews for Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island
Recommended by 100% of couples
32 User photos
Laura Friedel · Getting married on 06/14/2020
I photographed my first wedding at Wylder Hotel in June and the venue couldn't have run things more perfectly! The food was on point and the schedule ran seamlessly. Plus you have the most beautiful waterfront view you could ask for. I would highly recommend this venue!Sent on 08/14/2019
Robert · Married on 08/10/2019
Wedding weekend dream!
Can’t say enough about Kristin the coordinator, Chef Liz, and Wylder Hotel in general. They created a relaxed atmosphere for all our guests for the entire weekend. The crab feast rehearsal dinner was gorgeously decorated on the outdoor crab deck and everyone raved about the old bay corn, crabs and fried chicken for weeks. The lawn was filled with games and water sports for anyone to enjoy, and the bungalows were the perfect spot to get ready and still feel connected to the guests traveling from far away. The ceremony on the lawn gave those amazing water views while still feeling relaxed and intimate. Cocktail hour was a hit with lawn games, bonfire and raw bar. The reception went smoothly and I never had to worry about anything except having a great time with my husband, family and friends.
Brunch in Ticklers was a hit the next morning with buffet of your meal choices.
All my friends and family talk about wanting to repeat this weekend over and over, and my husband and I already plan to come to Wylder every year for our anniversary!
Photo credit: Katherine Elizabeth Photography
@katherineelizabethphotoSent on 09/18/2019
Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island's reply:Lindsay and Devin,
Deborah Bridges · Married on 07/06/2019
Kristen is wonderful to work with! A great Wedding Venue!Sent on 08/14/2019
Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island Price Rates
Book your 2020 wedding before March 15th and get a free signature cocktail during cocktail hour!
Pick any room in the hotel to stay in for the 2 nights of your wedding weekend and it is on the house!