Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island Reviews

8 Reviews for Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island

• Laura

Laura Friedel · Married on 06/14/2020

Summer Wedding

I photographed my first wedding at Wylder Hotel in June and the venue couldn't have run things more perfectly! The food was on point and the schedule ran seamlessly. Plus you have the most beautiful waterfront view you could ask for. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Lindsay

Robert · Married on 08/10/2019

Wedding weekend dream!

Can’t say enough about Kristin the coordinator, Chef Liz, and Wylder Hotel in general. They created a relaxed atmosphere for all our guests for the entire weekend. The crab feast rehearsal dinner was gorgeously decorated on the outdoor crab deck and everyone raved about the old bay corn, crabs and fried chicken for weeks. The lawn was filled with games and water sports for anyone to enjoy, and the bungalows were the perfect spot to get ready and still feel connected to the guests traveling from far away. The ceremony on the lawn gave those amazing water views while still feeling relaxed and intimate. Cocktail hour was a hit with lawn games, bonfire and raw bar. The reception went smoothly and I never had to worry about anything except having a great time with my husband, family and friends.
    Brunch in Ticklers was a hit the next morning with buffet of your meal choices.
    All my friends and family talk about wanting to repeat this weekend over and over, and my husband and I already plan to come to Wylder every year for our anniversary!
    #thebeachesgetwylder

Photo credit: Katherine Elizabeth Photography
    @katherineelizabethphoto

Sent on 09/18/2019

Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island's reply:

Lindsay and Devin,

Thank you so much for choosing us to host your big day. It was so much fun and it was magical to help bring your big day vision together!! We loved the custom corn hole boards and the decor you chose for your waterfront wedding weekend!

Deborah Bridges · Married on 07/06/2019

Deborah Lynne

Kristen is wonderful to work with! A great Wedding Venue!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Alyson

Alyson Morgan · Married on 05/14/2019

Amazing venue for a wedding weekend!

The entire Wylder staff was amazing and really helped me as a wedding planner to provide my couple with a relaxing wedding weekend! We hosted rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, welcome party, entire wedding day, and farewell brunch at the hotel over the course of three days and the Wylder team was on top of it all! We had a lot of details going on over the course of the weekend and Kristin and her staff helped me tremendously in making sure each and every one of those was taken care of. I can't wait to see this venue grow and become one of the top wedding locations around!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Wylder Hotel Tilghman Island's reply:

Thank you so much Alyson!! Your team was fantastic as well! Can't wait to work with you in the future on more fantastic waterfront weddings!!
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I went here for a short honeymoon. I really enjoyed the relaxation and quaintness of it. The rooms were clean, and nicely decorated. The food was fantastic and drinks were great. They have a couple fire pits, salt water pool, bikes and other things to keep you occupied. I give this place a 5 and hope others will follow and try it out for a weekend.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Terra · Married on 09/26/2015

Waterfront Wedding!

If you are looking for a custom experience, waterfront views, and a weekend getaway for your guests then Wylder is the best choice for you! The food is excellent and service is top notch!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Catherine

catherine pelo · Married on 10/10/2020

An AMAZING venue and staff!

We got married at Wylder Hotel on 10.10.20 and it could not have been any more amazing! Planning a wedding during Covid can be tricky, but Kristin was very accommodating and flexible as our plans changed from a wedding of over 120ppl to 60ppl.  Kristin made sure we had the best day we could have asked for regardless of changes we had to make for safety purposes.  From the second we got there, Kristin and her team made sure we were all so well taken care off.  The location and views cannot be matched, it is truly a slice of heaven! Kristin and her assistant were GREAT to work with and made sure that everything was in order on Friday for the rehearsal dinner and on Saturday for the wedding.  It was really fun to do the rehearsal dinner at the Ticklers Crab Shack & lawn, it gave everyone a chance to mingle in a beautiful (and Covid safe) setting! On Saturday, I did not have to worry about a thing besides getting ready and enjoying the day, Kristin coordinated so well with all the vendors and everything ran SO beautifully. Also- compliments to the chef! The food is absolutely incredible, we had so many people tell us it was the best meal they've ever had at a wedding and I totally agree! We were blown away.
    The only small issue we ran into along the way was communication prior to the wedding during the planning phase; but after talking to the staff about this I do not foresee this as an issue for future events as they have a newly established and experienced event staff in place to handle all inquires and logistics!
    That being said- I would HIGHLY recommend the Wylder Hotel for your wedding and an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 11/24/2020