Winterlyn photography

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,600 Most Popular Price

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,600 Most Popular Price

Winterlyn Photography is a wedding photography company based in Chicago, Illinois. Photographer Winterlyn specializes in elopements and wedding events. She blends portraiture with photojournalistic techniques and strives to capture the authentic emotion and joy of a couple's big day.

As your personal photographer, Winterlyn will get to know you and learn all about your love story. Her mission is to make you feel relaxed and natural in front of the lens so that you can enjoy each moment. She covers everything from engagement sessions and destination weddings and can extend her hours on the day if required. On the day, she will be by your side lending a helping hand when it comes to providing tissues, holding umbrellas, and fixing boutonnieres. A snapshot of services and products provided by Winterlyn Photography includes:

• A second photographer
  • Photoshoots at multiple locations
  • Digital files
  • High-resolution images
  • Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,600

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,600

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Nancy
    Nancy C. Married on 11/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

She creates and captures magic!

Winterlyn creates magic. I look back on the gallery she created for our engagement shoot and wedding day and can’t stop smiling. She perfectly captured all our special moments at our wedding. She handled every single interaction leading up to the wedding with grace and professionalism. She walked us through creating our schedule, our vision, and supported us with advice along the way so we felt prepared during our big day. She is a talented vendor that I will recommend to everyone celebrating a special moment.

Winterlyn photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nancy for this incredible review. I had so much fun getting to know both you and Angel. I loved every part of your wedding. Especially getting to meet your parents, your sister, and all of your amazing family and friends. Thank you for having me capture this amazing new season in your life.
  • Colleen
    Colleen J. Married on 10/08/2022

Gorgeous Photos, Amazing Vendor Experience

From our very first Zoom call in 2020, Winterlyn was a front runner in our search for a wedding photographer. Not only are her photographs absolutely stunning but from day 1 she was a great communicator, kind, warm, and fun to be around. We had to delay booking her due to some changes with our venue selection, but she kept in touch and ultimately we were able to book her for our October 2022 wedding.

Our engagement shoot was so much fun! She helped us feel at ease and laughed away the evening with us as we learned how to get comfortable together in front of the camera. She was also willing to include our pup in the photos, which meant a lot to us!

Her planning materials, blog and social media posts, and willingness to answer any questions throughout the process really helped to put my worries at ease. She reviewed our detailed timeline to ensure all of our priorities for photos were incorporated, and she offered great suggestions too.

Day of, she and her second shooter were an absolute dream team! It was a brisk and windy day, but they had smiles on their faces the entire time and were sure to capture every moment of our special day. We are so in love with our photos!

The only advice I would leave for couples is to explicitly communicate any “must have” photos. She incorporated some photo inspiration ideas I had, but I failed to request a few photos that looking back would have been really amazing to have. For example, there’s not a portrait style photo of us both (bride and groom) looking directly at the camera; and there aren’t any photos of our parents as individual couples, just the family formals with us. This isn’t a ding on Winterlyn at all, just a piece of advice I’d offer to couples in the future.

If you want a great photographer and smooth vendor experience, you cannot go wrong with Winterlyn! Highly recommend her!!
  • Kahla
    Kahla S. Married on 09/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Choose Winterlyn & The Rest Falls Into Place...

Selecting a photographer was one of the most important investments and aspects of wedding planning. After a lot of research, we found Winterlyn and were blown away by her realness – to put it simply, she was a breath of fresh air and a warm guide in an industry with so many choices to make. Her impressive portfolio gave us confidence in her ability to capture beautiful aesthetics and authentic moments.

Doing an engagement shoot with her a few months before the wedding taught us how to be comfortable in front of the camera and built additional trust between us. Leading up to the wedding day, she provided insights that helped shape our timeline and gave us ideas on things that turned out incredible in photos and in the moment – like our confetti popper send off. She has systems in place that she personalizes to share best practices that suit you and your vision best. I knew very little about weddings before getting engaged and she was a great resource through the planning process.

The day of the wedding, Winterlyn and her second shooter Monica were the ultimate professionals and made our family and friends feel at ease. It was amazing to see how well they were able to wrangle large groups with kids into a photo, while also getting those unposed shots that really tell a story. I was also stunned by how fast she turned around the gallery and the quality that she was able to achieve in such a short timeframe. This speaks to her passion for her craft. Our family and friends have all commented on how hard it will be for us to pick which photos we want to print because there are so many perfect options. We cannot thank Winterlyn enough for the imprint she had on this special day. It truly was a wonderful experience getting to work with her and I cannot recommend her enough.

Winterlyn photography's reply:

OMG Kahla!!!! Thank you so much for this beautiful review!!! My team and I loved being a part of your day and could not have asked for better company. You and Brandon are simply amazing people and I was so honored to document your wedding day. Take care and please keep in touch!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner

Team

Owner / Photographer

Hi, I'm Winterlyn. I am a wedding and portrait photographer here in Chicago, IL. I was born and raised in this amazing city of ours, Logan Square to be exact.

As your Wedding Photographer, it is my absolute joy to ensure that your wedding moments are captured for you and your family to enjoy for years to come. My job as your photographer is to not only document the moments you share with your loved ones but to give you an amazing wedding experience.

If you would like to learn more about how we can help on your wedding day, please contact us for a consultation and pricing.

I can't wait to hear from you!

Winterlyn Photography

Blossom & Branch Designs
4.8 out of 5 rating , 55 Reviews
· Wedding Florists

7353 West Higgins Ave Chicago, IL, 60656
Location of (Winterlyn photography)

Winterlyn photography frequently asked questions

Winterlyn photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Multi. Locations
  • Digital Files
Winterlyn photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Multi. Locations
  • Digital Files
Winterlyn photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional
Winterlyn photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits
Winterlyn photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Save the Date
Winterlyn photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding