Carlsbad, CA 92011 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 52
  • Real Weddings 1

About Walking Eagle Photography

Walking Eagle Photography is a passionate wedding photography company based in Carlsbad, California. A husband and wife team, Clay and Laura make sure your experience is personal and memorable. Their unique style of photography focuses on capturing photos in natural light so that your memories are preserved authentically. As parents and a couple in love, they understand that life flies by and want to help you capture your moments so they can last a lifetime.

With different packages available, Walking Eagle Photography has something for every budget and need. Their most popular photography package features high-resolution images, digital files and multiple locations. Offering services such as additional hours and a second shooter, they make sure they are able to preserve every memory of your special day. Services offered include:

• One event per day
  • Liability insurance
  • Slideshow

Other Services
Walking Eagle Photography offers additional services to those listed above. A variety of photography sessions are available, such as:

• Engagement sessions
  • Boudoir sessions
  • Newborn Sessions
  • Family sessions

Products Offered
Various keepsakes are also available to commemorate your wedding day. Products offered include:

• Albums

Walking Eagle Photography 6
Walking Eagle Photography 7

Heather Wildonger Sontag · Married on 01/20/2019

Best decision ever!

Oh my gosh, Laura and Clay were an absolute dream to work with!! Now let me give you some background - Something that caught me by surprise during the wedding planning process was the fact that my husband had an opinion on photographers. It turns out he was far more particular and opinionated about them than I anticipated. We had our wedding ceremony in Maui and paid for 2 hours of coverage for the day of, and then we threw a reception at home in San Diego a few months later. We hired Walking Eagle Photography to photograph our SD reception, after hearing such great things about them from close friends. But let me tell you, it was not easy to convince my husband we needed a professional photographer for our reception as well. The fact that he was so happy with them speaks volumes! My husband now fully admits he sees true value in having a professional photographer, and this was after only seeing two preview pictures. He is so happy with the fact that we hired Clay and Laura to be a part of our special day. They were the most kind, patient, and caring photographers. We are over the moon happy with our photos!!

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Wooten · Married on 01/05/2019

Beyond Incredible, Organized and Great with Everyone

We worked with Laura for our engagement photos and our wedding day. Our engagement photos were perfect! She and her team were amazing on the day of! You could feel how well they worked together and we were having a formal attire wedding and they fit right in which we really appreciated! She took time to make sure that we got every photo with family that we wanted and the photos are magical. Laura had a timeline for us and from the moment they arrived, they were ready to go! I will keep Laura, Clay and the rest of the Walking Eagle family in mind for future events!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Kate · Married on 10/21/2018

Best photographers ever

The Walking Eagles are amazing photographers! We couldn’t be happier with the photographs from our wedding day, and I can’t recommend them enough as wedding photographers.
    The Walking Eagles were recommended to me by our wedding planner. Since we don’t live in San Diego, we weren’t able to meet Clay and Laura beforehand or have an engagement shoot. Having seen gorgeous examples of their photographs online, I spoke to Laura on the phone, she was so sweet and kind, knowledgeable and helpful. I knew right away that I wanted her to be our wedding photographer.
    We met the Walking Eagles on the wedding day, and I think it is a tribute to their affability and professionalism that they made us feel immediately at ease. They knew exactly what to say to make us feel relaxed, and knew exactly how to instruct us to make us look natural in the photos. We had a really nice time taking our couples photos with them during the wedding—they are really nice people. Not to mention there is something quite lovely about having your wedding photos taken by a happily married couple!
    The pictures they created are, quite simply, stunning. I love the wistful, almost dreamy feel of the photographs. The colors are beautiful—we got married by the sea and the colors of the sand, cliffs, and ocean are so soft.
    And I still can’t believe my husband and I are the people in the pictures—we look way better than we do in real life! The Walking Eagles really captured us at our best, and captured our love and humor in candid moments. We don’t think of ourselves as particularly photogenic, but the Walking Eagles made us feel, and importantly look, photogenic. I would hire them again in a heartbeat! Thank you, Clay and Laura!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Walking Eagle Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,950.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,450.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints