Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Violin by Vicki

Vicki's instrumentalists include Solo Violin, Violin/Guitar Duo, String Trios, Quartets, Strolling Strings, Violin/Piano Duo, and other ensembles that can include other types of musicians. Vicki derives great pleasure in working with clients to provide the music that will make their gathering a successful event. Let Vicki and her music network add that finishing touch, that subtle, but lasting memory for your special occasion. Performing with strolling string groups, Vicki has played at some of Chicago's finest hotels such as The Four Seasons, the Hilton Towers, and the Hotel Nikko (now known as the Westin River North) for various weddings and parties.
Regarding music selection: If there is a piece of music that you want played that is not on her "standards" list, she will be happy to check with colleagues and local libraries to track it down; if it is still unavailable, she may ask you to purchase and provide a copy.

gig at the bean after snowstorm

• Videos 4

15 Reviews for Violin by Vicki

Stephanie P. · Married on 08/24/2019

Could not be Happier!

We wanted a great solo violinist to play at our wedding and Vicki did not disappoint! We were so pleased with how easy she was to work with and how beautifully talented is she. She enhanced our small outdoor wedding ceremony beyond measure.
    Vicki was so responsive to all of our questions and requests and could not have made the preparation experience better.
    She has a large list of songs to choose from - both classical and more modern selections - and is a true professional.
    She was wonderful all around and just what we were looking for!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Casey Cotton · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful music

Vicki was amazing I picked out songs that I wanted played at my wedding on violin and she learned how to play them. It was beautiful and it everything I hope it would be for my wedding! If your looking for a violinist I recommend Vicki! Thank you so much for playing at my wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

We had an amazing experience with Violin by Vicki

We had such an amazing experience with Violin by Vicki! We hired both a violinist and a cello to play during our ceremony and cocktail, and Vicki herself played violin. They both did such an amazing job! We received so many compliments on their performance from our guests!

But even before the wedding day, Vicki was great. I felt a bit like a diva asking Vicki to play "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters while our bridal party walked down the aisle, and she said no problem and learned it for us. Later on, a musician guest of ours told us that was a really hard song to play, so I'm just so grateful they learned it for us without hesitation. That was just so kind and really helped us personalize our ceremony.

We were really impressed and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Violin by Vicki's reply:

Hi Emily, Wow, another great review... I can't tell you enough how much this means to us!
    Wishing you both the best, Vicki

Award

Violin by Vicki FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 420.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Guitar, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sound/PA System

• Hitched by MV - Wedding Officiant - Rev. Michael
    Hitched by MV - Wedding Officiant - Rev. Michael Wedding Officiants

I can't thank Ms. Berckmann enough. I recently officiated a wedding where she was the violinist and I knew right away she was a total pro. Beyond her obvious musical talents what impressed me was all the "behind the scenes" activity that brides and grooms never see (and shouldn't have to). Ms. Berckmann coordinated with me regarding musical cues and all the other logistics that go with delivering a perfect wedding ceremony. Your guests will be impressed and you will not have to worry about a thing when you hire Violin by Vicki for your event.

• Buffalo Grove, 60089 See on map