Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Violin by Vicki

Vicki's instrumentalists include Solo Violin, Violin/Guitar Duo, String Trios, Quartets, Strolling Strings, Violin/Piano Duo, and other ensembles that can include other types of musicians. Vicki derives great pleasure in working with clients to provide the music that will make their gathering a successful event. Let Vicki and her music network add that finishing touch, that subtle, but lasting memory for your special occasion. Performing with strolling string groups, Vicki has played at some of Chicago's finest hotels such as The Four Seasons, the Hilton Towers, and the Hotel Nikko (now known as the Westin River North) for various weddings and parties.
Regarding music selection: If there is a piece of music that you want played that is not on her "standards" list, she will be happy to check with colleagues and local libraries to track it down; if it is still unavailable, she may ask you to purchase and provide a copy.

gig at the bean after snowstorm

13 Reviews for Violin by Vicki

• Emily

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

We had an amazing experience with Violin by Vicki

We had such an amazing experience with Violin by Vicki! We hired both a violinist and a cello to play during our ceremony and cocktail, and Vicki herself played violin. They both did such an amazing job! We received so many compliments on their performance from our guests!

But even before the wedding day, Vicki was great. I felt a bit like a diva asking Vicki to play "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters while our bridal party walked down the aisle, and she said no problem and learned it for us. Later on, a musician guest of ours told us that was a really hard song to play, so I'm just so grateful they learned it for us without hesitation. That was just so kind and really helped us personalize our ceremony.

We were really impressed and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Violin by Vicki's reply:

Hi Emily, Wow, another great review... I can't tell you enough how much this means to us!
    Wishing you both the best, Vicki
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/10/2018

People told me it was the best music they've ever heard at a wedding ceremony!!

Wow, I cannot say enough about Vicki. She is absolutely fantastic - SO talented - and truly a professional.

She play the violin at our wedding ceremony, and another member of her team played the piano. I got married three weeks ago and continue to receive emails from people about how much they loved the music at the ceremony. We had asked Vicki to play some old hymns (such as Amazing Grace, Come Thou Fount, How Great Thou Art, etc) as well as some newer worship songs (Cornerstone, etc) and they were all absolutely beautiful.

Vicky found lovely arrangements for each song, and had me chose the arrangements I liked best prior to our day. We did this via phone and email, which made it super easy. She was very responsive and did exactly what I asked. She also gave me advice and input on how everything should flow, which I really appreciated since this was my first wedding and I had no idea how everything should work.

She and the pianist played prelude music for longer than I had anticipated (as we had to delay the start of the ceremony for latecomers) and she came prepared with a repertoire of beautiful songs that matched our other song choices.

What I really appreciated about her was how professional and the pianist were. They were dressed so nicely, they came early, and they made everything super easy for me as the bride.

I honestly cannot say enough about Vicki!! She could get away charging a lot more than she does because she and her team are fantastic!!! I will definitely be recommending them to anyone I know who gets married!!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Kay · event on 04/23/2017

"Vicki was very flexible from the get-go which was really important to us as a non-profit. We had some last minute illness really impact our event (yikes!) & my attention had to be elsewhere virtually start to finish. Vicki just carried on, didn't have to be supervised and continued to play on. I can't tell you how much that helped me out!"

Sent on 04/25/2017

Award

Violin by Vicki FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 420.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Guitar, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sound/PA System

• Hitched by MV - Wedding Officiant - Rev. Michael
    Hitched by MV - Wedding Officiant - Rev. Michael Wedding Officiants

I can't thank Ms. Berckmann enough. I recently officiated a wedding where she was the violinist and I knew right away she was a total pro. Beyond her obvious musical talents what impressed me was all the "behind the scenes" activity that brides and grooms never see (and shouldn't have to). Ms. Berckmann coordinated with me regarding musical cues and all the other logistics that go with delivering a perfect wedding ceremony. Your guests will be impressed and you will not have to worry about a thing when you hire Violin by Vicki for your event.

• Buffalo Grove, 60089 See on map