Minneapolis, MN 55403 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About Victor Johnson - minnesotapiano.com

Wedding Ceremony Cocktail Hour Holiday Gathering Sing Alongs
I'm affordable, talented, and I want your ceremony to be as beautiful as possible. That means having music you like, played in a way that fits exactly how you walk down the aisle. Looking for a unique and personal collection of music for your wedding ceremony? Are there songs that perfectly define a favorite part of your relationship?

I have perfect pitch, which means I can hear the notes in any song with 100% accuracy. That way I can change the feel of the song to match the ceremony, and even if something unexpected happens, you don't have to worry about the music being off like it would if you had an mp3 playing. You can have everything from Pachelbel's Canon in D to the Beatles, to Wilco, to Norah Jones, Jeff Buckley, to Bon Iver, or music for films like Amelie (Yann Tiersen), and I would love to have the honor of playing at your awesome wedding.

A Unique Approach:

Total memorization. I believe that the only way to create music that evokes a true feeling - something real - is to internalize it. For that reason, I do not happen to use printed music; I will instead first learn the music by ear, then study the music theory behind it, and when it's time to play, sit at the piano and use the music to create a beautiful effect. And after the performance, that music I have memorized will stay with me forever. I take great joy in this process. It is a process that allows me to have a huge catalog of music that is ready to be played in less than a second.

Bio:

Victor Johnson has a passion for learning different styles of music and finding out how to get straight down to the feeling that gives a style or genre its personality. He actively plays classical, jazz, pop, salsa, blues, gospel, metal, Christmas, video game, music for film, folk, and Cuban classical music.

Victor has performed in many different groups including the Nachito Herrera Orchestra, Malamanya, The Big Strong Men, and Savanna and the Saviors. He has traveled the world to play concerts in Panama, Taiwan, Germany, the Czech Republic, and across the United States.

nord and stripes
fedora by window
minnesotapianographicbanner
nord and stripes

• Videos 2

2 Reviews for Victor Johnson - minnesotapiano.com

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Victor to play at our ceremony! He is incredibly talented and worked with us to make the ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be. He learned new songs and learned them perfectly. We were excited about incorporating a lot of (contemporary) music into our ceremony-something a little untraditional-and he was helpful in figuring out all the details and was willing to try new things along with us! He was always easy to talk with and answered all our questions, all the time! Seriously-an amazing pianist on top of being a friendly, outgoing person. I would recommend Victor over and over again!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Joe · Married on 11/22/2014

We hired Victor to play our ceremony and he was INCREDIBLE. He is such a classy, fun, talented musician and worker. We had him learn and lead a Lutheran hymn, a Beatles song that featured random guests joining in on kazoo, and a John Legend song with my step-sister. Not easy requests. He nailed all 3 and it was just magic. The most impressive part was that he worked out the John Legend song with my stepsister who lives a state away completely independently and over the phone. He made her feel at ease and confident, changing keys and chordings to make her voice feel most comfortable. Great communicator, very professional. I am a lifelong musician and needed the music to be perfect for my wedding day and am so happy we went with Victor.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Victor Johnson - minnesotapiano.com FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Guitar, Piano
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances