Kansas City, MO 64999 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

7 Reviews for Unity Temple

Kelly · Married on 11/01/2008

We chose Unity Temple because of the location. The wedding coordinator was very helpful, I chose to have my personal wedding coordinator plan the ceremony, but Jane was there to give advice when asked. The church is beautiful and loved planning the ceremony. I love the organist, carlene is the cutiest!! We chose just to use her for the bride enterance and the presentation of the couple, we used a string trio for the rest of the ceremony but she did a fantastic job! Duke was our officant and he was wonderful, he really wanted to make our ceremony personalized and helped us through every step of the way.

Sent on 11/17/2008
  • W

William · Married on 06/07/2008

3.0

Unity Temple on the Plaza was beautiful and a great location. The cost was a little high, but worth it.

Sent on 02/23/2009
  • vc10um

Victoria · Married on 06/26/2011

3.5
      3.5

We chose Unity Temple for our wedding because we were from out of town, not members of any local congregations or of any particular denomination, and the other churches that would marry us near the Plaza all had photography restrictions, which did NOT jive well with me AT ALL. All that aside, I'm really glad we chose Unity. While I agree that Jane can be a bit pushy, I was very clear about what I wanted and she was very receptive to my plans once she understood what I was trying to accomplish. Heidi was our minister, and she was outstanding. Very fun to work with, easy to talk to, and she delivered a wonderful message during the ceremony. She used our script we had provided for the bulk of the ceremony, did a bit of on-point ad-libbing, and really made our ceremony enjoyable. The bridal preparation room is gorgeous and gets great natural light for getting ready pictures, just an FYI for future brides!

Sent on 07/31/2011