The Tway House, located at 10235 Timberwood Circle, was built in 1923 for Robert C. Tway, a business, agricultural, and political icon in Louisville. Built on the 970 acre Plainview Dairy Farm, the two and a half story brick home was influenced by twentieth century Georgian Revival architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1972 the farm was sold and developed into the Plainview subdivision, with the Tway House becoming the Plainview Country Club for subdivision residents. It was purchased by the City of Jeffersontown in 1996.
The newly renovated Tway House offers a beautiful setting for small, intimate events or company meetings and can easily accommodate 75 - 90 guests. The first floor consists of the Parlor, Ivy, and Magnolia rooms, grand staircase, full kitchen and adjoining patio overlooking the pools. The second floor, or Bridal Suite, provides a dressing area, make-up room, and separate rooms for both the bride and groom as they prepare for that special day.
Other couples have also viewed:
Tway House Price Rates