215 West Main Street, 3rd floor, Lexington, KY 40507 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Limestone Hall

Limestone Hall is Lexington's newest event venue. Located in the heart of downtown Lexington, Limestone Hall sits inside the Historic Courthouse at the corners of Main, Short and Upper. Featuring two event rooms joined by the historic dome rotunda - this venue is the perfect spot for your next wedding!

Follow Limestone Hall on

Limestone Hall 1
Limestone Hall 2

Misty Beard · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Modern Location

When choosing our wedding venue we were really picky. We did not want horse or bourbon barrel theme, and wanted a space we use to keep it modern, and intimate. Limestone Hall immediately won over my fiance with the decor, beauty and the rotunda. Add in the open vendor policy, it an easy choice. We picked a busy wedding month and the team at LexEffect was great to work with on what dates they had open and communicating with me through the process. I was admittedly nervous as it was our first big decision and travelling when the contract was due, the were so reassuring and set the tone for the rest of my wedding planning experience. Any issue or questions was quickly resolved, usually much faster than the 24-48 hour time frame given for a response. The monthly open houses were a huge perk because I could view the space as much as needed since we were doing all the decorations ourselves. I cannot say enough how perfect our day was and vibe we were able to create, thanks to the perfect venue. Having wedding and reception in one space was the best decision we could have made. Lastly, the pictures that you're able to take. Wow. Our bridal party pictures on the front steps will be cherished forever.

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Limestone Hall 3
    Limestone Hall 4

Limestone Hall's reply:

We so loved having you and your friends and family here for your special weekend. Thank you for the kind words, we with you both a lifetime of wedded bliss!

Alyson · Married on 06/23/2018

We booked this venue in January 2017 while renovations were underway based solely on the renderings. Let me say it did not disappoint. Kaelyn and LexEffects could not have been more accommodating or awesome to work with during the whole wedding process. I would hands-down recommend this venue to any bride who would like to have their wedding and or reception there. Wonderful experience!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Limestone Hall's reply:

You two were great to work with! And we enjoyed getting to know you both during the planning process!! You and your mom will just have to come hang out at the office now that the planning is done. :)

Janet · Married on 06/16/2018

1.2
      1.0
      3.5
      0.5

I wish I could give this space a better rating, but I would caution all brides before booking at Limestone Hall. The space itself is completely gorgeous and the city clearly spent a lot of money on the renovation. I was so excited at the space and how beautiful it was, but given the option I would not book there again exclusively because of the managmenet company. Why the city chose to use LexEffect as their management company is beyond me.

The girls who run LexEffect are completely unprofessional. I rented the west wing out for my ceremony and despite the fact that my contract stated I had the space until 10 PM for the event and midnight to break down, I was told the week before my wedding that I had to have all of my things cleared out by 7PM. When I contacted them, I was rudely told that I had received a discount because I was only conducting the ceremony and that was why I had an abbreviated time. We never discussed a discount and although they did eventually extend my out time to 10PM it left a bad taste in my mouth.

We weren't allowed to use the event space the day before because another wedding was booked the night before. That's not something they can control, but its definitely a thing for brides to keep in mind because they do book up very quickly.

They don't have access to the entire space (or even the front doors) so the only way to get to take pictures in the front staircase is to hope to have a security guard on hand. These are all little things that no one wants to deal with on their wedding day. My florist was also not able to hang wreaths on the front doors because the girls didn't have access and she had to wait for security.

All of these things wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the terrible customer service. Book this venue because it is beautiful. But do so knowing what you're up against!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Limestone Hall's reply:

Hi Janet, Thank you for the feedback. We strive to exceed all clients expectations and we did not do that here, for that I am sorry. I apologize for the confusion regarding the rental, we communicated in person and via email all the aforementioned details with you. You are correct, the venue was not useable the date before for a rehearsal since another event was booked - we did offer you the space earlier in the week since you were only hosting your ceremony in our space, which was declined. We also urge clients to complete a pre-event walk through with all vendors so all details can be discussed and reviewed, any unanswered questions or concerns are addressed at this time. This was declined by you, but having this meeting might have shored up some of the questions. Regarding the use of the front stairs, several groups have used this for pictures, exits, etc with no issue. You are correct, the front doors are "exit only" which is why we had the security guard on stand by to let the florist back in, who was given immediate access to the doors upon request. Our understanding is that she did not have the appropriate hooks to hang the desired pieces on the doors, but there were no issues regarding her access the day of.

Again, we sincerely apologize about any confusion that occurred. We do our best to communicate everything in writing for each event so it can be referenced later. We will make sure our team improves upon this going forward. Thank you.

Limestone Hall FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 750.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 750
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 5
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • What event services do you offer? Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Furniture, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Shuttle, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Real Weddings

• H-D Entertainment
    H-D Entertainment Wedding DJs

Great venue and staff to work with. They were a big help with providing us answers to questions we had before we showed up to set-up for an event we were hired for. The venue is also spotless and up to date with the best technology.

• 215 West Main Street, 3rd floor Lexington, 40507 See on map
    (859) 363-5854 (Phone number)