6681 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI 48085 Map · Phone number

About Tortoise and the Hair Salon

Tortoise and the Hair has been one of the longest running salons in Troy, Michigan. We, at the salon, do not take that lightly. Our staff works hard to make sure we give our clients exactly what they want, especially when it comes to their big day!!! We have lots of experience when it comes to brides and the rest of the wedding party. Our beautiful salon is a perfect place to bring your wedding party for hair and makeup and also offer a free continental breakfast for parties of 6 or more. Don't forget about the perfect color and cut to make that wedding style the best it can be!! Give us a call with any questions and we will be happy to accommodate you the best we can. We look forward to being a part of your big day!!!!!

Follow Tortoise and the Hair Salon on

54752910150820958170671192215917n

4 Reviews for Tortoise and the Hair Salon

• Sara

Sara · Married on 10/12/2014

Great salon! I have had my hair done as a bridesmaid here on multiple occasions by different stylists and have been pleased every time. All of the stylists are very friendly and professional. The first time I went in I had Heather and I described what I wanted and what she created was perfect.

I recommended this salon to my future sister-in-law after she called me upset coming from a trial run at another salon and said she hated it, she looked like a Texas beauty queen and do I know somewhere else that can do her hair? I immediately recommended the Tortoise team (Kelli M did her hair). They were able to accommodate her fairly last minute appointment and she went in on her wedding day without a trial and walked out loving her hair. She said it was exactly what she wanted and was so happy she had it done there.

I've also had my hair and make-up done by Amber and was very pleased by the work she did. It was natural and yet still very elegant.

Overall, the salon is very tidy and clean. Everyone is friendly and you're greeted at the door with an offer to take your coat (if it's cold) and a nice beverage.

They also have bridal packages if you have a certain amount of girls coming in that they do a nice breakfast of bagels, fruit, etc.

Sent on 01/27/2015
  • User4781946 · 2+ years ago

Beat salon to have your hair done at! Especially Heather! She has done my hair as a bridesmaid and for my own wedding. Beautiful work!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Julie · Married on 06/12/2010

Myself and bridal party all got our hair and make-up done here for my wedding. The salon was so upbeat and welcoming when we walked in. They had a nice continental breakfast set up for us when we arrived.

They had several stylists there to get all six of my bridesmaids in and out of there quickly before my big day began. A little more than half of my bridesmaids also had their make-up done. Even two, who decided to have Amber do their make-up at the last minute were politely accommodated without hesitation.

Heather did my hair and did just as perfect of a job with it the day of, as what she did on the trial-run that I did a few weeks prior. My hair stayed fabulous through my entire ceremony and reception. Amber did my make-up and it was exactly what I wanted---polished but not overdone. She also gave me some make-up to do my own touch-ups throughout the big day in between my ceremony and reception---which was a lifesaver.

I have been getting my hair done there for years prior to getting married, but after the fact, even one of my bridesmaids were so impressed they changed over to Amber on a permanent basis for their hair.

This is a classy and genuine establishment I love going to and would highly recommend to use for your wedding.

Sent on 01/28/2015

Tortoise and the Hair Salon FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 35.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?
    $ 35.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 35.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 65.00
    $ 65.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Hair
    Salon
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Coloring
    Extensions
    Haircuts
    Keratin
    Perm
    Textured Hair Styling
    Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• 6681 Rochester Rd Troy, 48085 See on map
    Tuesday-Friday 9-9 Saturday 9-4
    Location of (Tortoise and the Hair Salon)