404 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90071 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

Soaring majestically above the bustling downtown of one of the world's most glamorous cities, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles is an inspiring venue for a one-of-a-kind wedding. Our dramatic décor, stunning architecture and stylish furnishings are sure to impress family and friends with enriching experiences and thoughtful accommodations. Discover a wide range of indoor and outdoor vibrant venue spaces to fit your dream day. From your first meeting with our wedding specialist to the last farewell with out-of-town guests, our professional team will deliver a stress free and memorable experience.

Facilities and Capacity

Host grand receptions for up to 1,800 banquet guests in the 26,108 square-foot California ballroom, the city's largest, or bask in your moment under the California sun on the 45,000 square-foot Plaza Pool deck. From secluded salons for intimate nuptials and receptions to a nourishing post-ceremony brunch with your loved ones, we offer 41 customizable spaces to fit any vision. You can also reserve additional areas for elegant tea ceremonis or private venues with ample room to dance for your Sangeet.

In addition to a regal downtown setting, our Los Angeles wedding hotel boasts a professional onsite staff - ensuring you a stress-free event. We take extraordinary pride in delivering exceptional service for weddings, receptions and special events. Relax and leave the details to us, as we custom-design your event in accordance with your every wish - from menu planning and decorations to floral arrangements and audiovisual support.

Accomodation

Make your wedding an inspring experience for you and your guests with our modern, spacious guestrooms. Whether recharging with restful sleep in our Heavenly® Bed or unwinding with our Heavenly® Bath, you and your partner will feel rejuvenated and relaxed from the moment you arrive. After your wedding, sleep soundly in the complimentary suite for the two of you on your special night. Your guests can relax too, with a direct booking link to make everything effortless, and special discounted rates for out-of-town attendees.

Location

Benefit from our ideal location in the heart of downtown. From our position you'll find eclectic shops, world-class restaurants and thriving nightlife. Explore a little further and discover a city where history and pop culture collides, with the old-world charm of Olvera Street, the glamour of Beverly Hills and the energizing fun of the region's thrilling theme parks. You'll also want to soak in spectacular downtown views from our revolving cocktail bar, BonaVista Lounge.

History

An architectural landmark comprised of sleek glass towers, The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites has become an international symbol of Los Angeles. The hotel was designed and built by the Portman Cos., headed by John Portman the architect.

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites has been featured in many movies and television series over the years including: In the Line of Fire, Mission Impossible III, True Lies, Interstellar, Vice, Battle of the Sexes, Showtime, The Dark Knight Returns, Hard to Kill, Chuck, and was destroyed due to special effects in Escape from LA and Epicenter.

wes1004mf 230445 hollywood ballroom med set 51 28352 v1
wes1004mf 230445 hollywood ballroom med set 51 28352 v1

3 Reviews for The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

• Michael

Michael Kaintz · Married on 02/15/2019

A Gem venue in the heart of Los Angeles!

The Westin Bonaventure is the ideal venue to host an event. As a wedding planner, having the convenience of having the venue that offers beautiful spaces for a wedding along with hotel accommodations is the best of both worlds. The staff is amazing, and the catering team was such a pleasure to work with. They made the planning and executing of this event smooth. We were able to also host a small intimate rehearsal cocktail party! This venue offers everything!!! My couple was so happy with everything. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a venue in Los Angeles.
    Love,
    Michael Kaintz ( True Luxe Events )

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Muchin

Muchin · Married on 09/15/2007

3.8
      3.0

This is a very nice hotel. My ceremony was absolutely beautiful outside on the deck area, with the gorgeous downtown buildings as backdrop. Very New Yorky is what I would describe the day.

The only down fall is that, during my ceremony, there were 2 or 3 helicopters landing on the near by roof top helicopter pads, it kinda ruined the audio on the tape, it was hard to hear the pastor through that noise. However, I was so nervous and didn't hear the noise at all. My guests joked about TMZ covering my wedding, so it wasn't that bad.

The Catering Manager I was dealing with was new when she signed me as a client, she had a lot of inconsistancies in our conversations. For instance, I asked how much would corkage fee cost if I were to bring my own table wine service, she told me 35 dollars last year, and right before the wedding, I asked her again, she told me it was 16 dollars. Little things like this, not that I would've pay for the corkage fee, still, if you don't know the answer, go check the answer and then get back to me. Luckily, I saved all the emails we had back and forth about the contract and other details, so I would always refer back to the email. Few times she tried to raise the price on me, and I'd forward her emails to prove that she quoted me a lower price months prior.

I did the 10 course Chinese banquet with them, instead of the Western menu. Whatever deal you get with them, make sure you tell the hotel in advance to ASK, before taking away you and your guests' dinner plates. Out of 10 course meal, I think I had like 3 courses. They would put food on my plate, and I would leave the table to talk to my guests, come back, and my UNTOUCHED food would be gone. I also got complaints from my guests that they would take away plates before it was finished. That's very rude I thought.

Then, there's the cake cutting. The cake was cut very uneven. I had a serving sheet next to my 3 tier cake, they did not cut the bottom tier of the cake, and tried serving 200 people with the sheet cake. Some guests had a slice the size of a brick, some had a slice the size of a thumb. So the day after the wedding, we had this left over bottom tier of the wedding cake, and we invited family over to eat it, still couldn't finish.

Over all, the experice was good. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but my wedding was beautiful, the food tasted great, and everyone had a great time. That's all really mattered.

Sent on 10/31/2007

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 6
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Preferred Vendors Only, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tents

• 404 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA, 90071 See on map