The Traveling Planner

Portland, OR View map Visit website
$2,400 Package Price

$2,400 Package Price

The Traveling Planner is a wedding planning service based in Portland, Oregon. Owner Vanessa McDowell offers inclusive services for wedding celebrations of all kinds. With over five years of experience, she has the knowledge and skills to bring your unique wedding dream to life. Whether you're in need of full-service, partial, or day-of coordination, Vanessa has got you covered.

The Traveling Planner is a customer-focused service. Vanessa has a true passion for meeting couples from all walks of life and helping them execute their distinct wedding visions. She offers a number of different packages depending on the needs of your event, which you can choose from during a detailed consultation with her. Vanessa would be happy to assist with any aspect of your special day and provides an array of services that reflect this. Budget analysis, event design, and timeline management are just a few areas she can cover throughout the planning process.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,000

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,400

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$80

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis

Message vendor

• Casey
    Casey O. Getting married on 04/15/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A Key Part of Our Perfect Day!

I have nothing but good things to say about Vanessa! She was very responsive, kind, helpful, knowledgeable - everything you need in a wedding coordinator! She tackled issues with ease and made sure everything run smoothly. She was really a key part to our day and it wouldn’t have been as successful without her! We are so grateful and I would recommend her to anyone getting married!
    Alice O. Married on 07/02/2022

Vanessa is the MVP!

She was such an angel and made sure everything was in place. Super reliable and professional, She remembered every detail and gave very valuable advise. The wedding went smoothly and as planned. It was a great pleasure working with her ! I Highly recommend her :)
  • Christine
    Christine P. Married on 06/11/2022

The BEST Decision Ever

My wedding day wouldn’t have happened without Vanessa. After interviewing 6 people and meeting them all via zoom, she was the sincerest and most compatible with me. She was extremely organized, my accountability buddy, and was so ridiculously patient. She discussed and talked through all the details necessary and was my confidant. Without her my crazy vision wouldn’t have turned into reality. She worked with my budget, gave reasonable ideas and advice, and executed each part with perfection. For more context, we had our ceremony at a church and our cocktail/reception was 30 minutes away and on a rooftop. I wanted to have our food be delivered from our favorite restaurants from the city, which added another layer of complexity with the wait staff and prep time. Weeks before the wedding, Vanessa set up three separate rain plans to ensure, in any case, we’d have a version of using the rooftop. Needless to say, it POURED the day of and with Vanessa’s impeccable plans and readiness, she made adjustments in that moment for the cocktail hour to be in doors AND had the rooftop ready to go for our reception. On top of that, 3 people on the staff had called out and she still ensured everything happened from the food and drinks being ready to be served. We had an average of 10 different vendors including the food, bartenders, photographer, dj, flowers, and wait staff that she had to work with the day of. Vanessa came to the city meet us a few times, showed up a day early to help with set up and decor, and cleaned/organized everything for me afterwards. Through all of it, I had no idea of the extent until the end of the night when we exchanged hugs and tears from all the emotions we felt from the day. Tears of happiness and gratefulness from me and I’m sure exhaustion from her. 🙃

I can’t ever express my gratitude in having Vanessa by my side. The only thing I regret most, which was completely out of our hands, was not having her be there to enjoy the day with us instead of going into emergency mode. I will always support her through her journey. She’s just a wonderful human being who truly cares and loves her craft. If you couldn’t tell already, I HIGHLY recommend her for any type of event that’s important to you and your family.

Thank you, Vanessa! 💕

Vanessa
Vanessa
Owner & Lead Planner

Hi,

My name is Vanessa and I am the owner & lead planner for The Traveling Planner! I have been in the wedding industry for 5 years and I've always had a passion for getting to help couple's plan & prepare for their special day. My favorite part of the wedding industry is getting to meet couples from all over the country and getting to learn about their wedding vision! I have experienced over 100 weddings and have seen many different cultures, traditons and themes & I love getting to throw in different ideas as well to the couples. And it's such a pleasure getting to create a friendship with each couple I cross paths with.

My goal for each couple is to make it as seamless & stress free so they don't have to worry about being the point person for the day of. That is where I come in and orchestrate the whole day, without them having to stress!

Aside from weddings, I love getting to travel and explore new places. That is also a big part of why I created this business- to be able to do what I love which is wedding planning & getting to travel to new places!

134 SE 12th Avenue Portland, OR, 97214
Location of (The Traveling Planner)

Other vendors in Portland for your wedding