Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Smokin' Section

Your Real Music Alternative...For A Great Party!!!

Experience the Smokin? Section for your party or affair!! The Smokin? Section has been getting audiences up and dancing at wedding receptions, corporate parties, bar/bas mitzvahs and clubs since the mid ?90s. From elegant, refined gatherings in Newport, RI to wild blowouts in Chicago, the Smokin' Section has been an integral part of hundreds of memorable parties and weddings. We have also performed at clubs throughout the metro area, and we've played in front of audiences of over 5,000 people.  Comprised of some of the metro NYC area?s finest and most versatile musicians; the Smokin? Section is a rehearsed band ranging from 4 - 11 pieces.  We also offer Band/DJ combos.

When we go out with our full 9 piece unit, Smokin' Section features 3 dynamic, multitalented vocalists upfront (1 female, 2 male), a tight 3 man horn section (not an afterthought or add-on, but an important part of the band) and a rhythm section of keyboard, bass and drums that will make you and your guests want to get up and dance. (We will tailor the band to the specifics of your particular party and can go out with more or less pieces in the band based on your needs.)

We know how to get people on the dance floor and keep them there! The Smokin? Section treats each party we do individually; we monitor what?s going on at that specific party and play the right mix of music to keep the guests happy. Rest assured that the Smokin' Section does not mistake volume for energy; we are very aware of dynamics and know how to groove at a comfortable volume level for you and your guests.

The Smokin? Section has become well known throughout the tri-state area for its unique combination of versatility, excitement and musicality. We enjoy playing the full range of dance music and take pride in being able to perform many different styles of music the right way and with spirit! This enthusiasm never fails to connect with our audience and helps to fill up the dance floor. From Classic Rock to Club, Swing/Society and Sinatra to Salsa and Merengue, Ballads to Boogie, Rhythm ?n Blues to Rhumba, Top 40 to Tarantella and much, much more, the Smokin' Section plays its music with energy, grace, passion and sophistication.

Categories: Wedding Band

Regions serviced: Northern New Jersey

Follow The Smokin' Section on

48 Reviews for The Smokin' Section

Mike from Smokin Section was so helpful thought the entire process. Any request we had we gladly met. We had so many compliments on how good the band was and they had everyone up on the dance floor all night long. I would 100% recommend the Smokin Section!

Profile Picture Carly, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Smokin Section provided amazing entertainment for my wedding this past May 2015. Each member is so talented and had our guests up and dancing the entire time. Mike was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding and made me feel very comfortable that all my needs would be met. He is extremely personable and had everything in order for me. I highly recommend the Smokin Section for any event that needs great live music.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Smokin' Section is absolutely amazing. I first heard them at my brother's wedding, and then at my sister's wedding, and I knew exactly who to contact when I was planning my wedding!!!

They kept the dance floor filled all night and hit all of our requests. The band sounded amazing, and they looked amazing too! Everyone danced -- from my 90 year old grandma down to the 4 year old flower girl. The Smokin' Section has a huge range of music in their repertoire, playing the perfect mix of classics and modern hits. Mike was great at communicating and was extremely responsive throughout the planning process. There's a reason the Smokin' Section has been at three of of my family's weddings!

Profile Picture Katrina, 3/14/15, 5 Reviews

The Smokin' Section Pricing

Reception Price Range (4 hours)
Peak Season:

220x220 sq 1400102842330 smokin section photo
220x220 sq 1400102843803 smokin section photo
220x220 sq 1400102835953 smokin section photo
220x220 sq 1400102845270 smokin section photo
220x220 sq 1522263887 4d31eeb99afc805e 1522263887 ad2d22ba4a4e3d2f 1522263880777 1 177859 10150909820
220x220 sq 1522263889 a3899a51e443a384 1522263887 8a28e46bbf1158e3 1522263880780 2 614532 10150994459
220x220 sq 1522263889 cfb1bde3308af381 1522263887 6c3262653054c3bf 1522263880782 3 862597 46113878060

1 VIDEO

Metuchen, NJ 08840   See On Map
848-232-9383 (phone) 732-906-9185 (fax)