96150, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About The Shade Shifters

The Shade Shifters is a rental company based in South Lake Tahoe, California that provides Bedouin-style tents for weddings and other celebrations. Unlike traditional marquee tents, these stretch tents can be fully customized to suit your preferences and highlight your venue’s natural beauty. They can be stretched over uneven terrain, accommodate standing or seated guests, and work around existing structures. The team has set up these versatile pavilions from Reno to Los Angeles and are happy to travel across California for your event.

Browse the extensive tent offerings from The Shade Shifters to find the right size for your wedding needs. All options are rain and fire resistant, can hold up against heavy winds, and can be set up open-air or closed. In case of inclement weather, siding and rain gutters are also available. Once you’ve made your selection, the detail-oriented and efficient crew will work hard to conceptualize and anticipate the best possible configurations. For your convenience, they will run the installation and breakdown and make sure that everything goes smoothly. The company also provides a range of lighting supplies to personalize your structure. These include bistro lights, which can be draped atmospherically above dining tables and dance floors, and changing colored lights.

• Woman-owned
shadeshifter 51 1960629 161541138049228

The Shade Shifters Pricing

The Shade Shifters Price Rates

The Shade Shifters FAQ

• Which of the following event rental services to you provide?
    Clean Up
    Delivery
    Setup
  • What event items are available?
    Lights
    Tents
  • What is the starting price for tents?
    $ 1000
  • Which of the following services do your prices include?
    Clean Up
    Delivery
    Setup

Team of The Shade Shifters

Liz Cash

Liz Cash

co-owner

I have lived in South Lake Tahoe for 7 years. I graduated from the University of Vermont in 2010 with a degree in Business Administration. I enjoys snowboarding, hiking, biking and live music. Her favorite parts about setting up tents is getting to be outside, traveling and making sure my clients are happy!

Dana Olson

Dana Olson

co-owner

I moved to Tahoe almost 20 years ago and never looked back. I found a home that spoke to my love for the environment and being outdoors. I have always loved going to and planning events and saw a lack of inventive shade at these otherwise beautiful events which lead me to start Shade Shifters. I balance this with my work for a conservation district that is involved with projects that help keep Tahoe the natural wonder that brought me here to begin with. When not working, I keep busy skiing, mountain biking, and visiting her farm in Nicaragua.

Nick Palmer

Nick Palmer

co-owner

I grew up in Orange County and moved to Tahoe 15 years ago. I am the mind behind every unique tent set ups we do. My critical thinking, problem solving skills and artful eye make setting up these versatile tents go smoothly. In my spare time I enjoy skiiing, mountain biking and metal sculpting.

• 96150 South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96150 See on map
    530-539-4707 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Shade Shifters)