The Morton Arboretum

Up to 300 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$14k - $20k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

Your Perfect Day, Naturally.
Pick a wedding location that shows off your natural beauty.

Imagine your wedding amidst flowering trees, beautiful gardens, stunning autumn leaves, or pristine snow-covered lakes. Exchange vows in what was once the library of the Morton family mansion, or have an elegant large-scale reception in a panoramic lake view room, all situated on 1,700 acres of natural beauty. The Morton Arboretum is a stunning outdoor museum of trees with majestic trees, gardens, lakes, and natural landscapes, located 25 miles west of Chicago in Lisle, Illinois. The Morton Arboretum specializes in elegant locations for outdoor ceremonies and catered indoor or outdoor tented receptions--surrounded by breath-taking views of trees and nature. It is the perfect place to make lasting memories and capture magnificent wedding photos. When you select The Morton Arboretum as your dream wedding location, you are supporting the planting and conservation of trees.

November 2020-April 2021 The Morton Arboretum has a special offering for you. Your intimate wedding ceremony can be held in our elegant Founder's Room. Formerly the library in the Morton family mansion, the Founder's Room features ornately carved woodwork, a marble fireplace and stained glass windows. Before or after your ceremony you and your guests are welcome to explore the Arboretum and take photos throughout our grounds.

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Historic Building
Museum

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party

What event services do you offer?

Cake
Clean Up
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Set Up

What event items are available?

Chairs
Dance Floor
Tables
Tents

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking

4.6 out of 5 rating
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Matthew D. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue with kind, helpful staff

We had a 100 person wedding at the Thornhill Education Center at Morton Arboretum and it was absolutely perfect. Margaret from Morton and from Ginkgo Catering were both terrific to work with -- incredibly responsive and helpful.

All of the staff during the wedding event were kind and attentive. Had a terrific bartender, too, who people absolutely loved. Great experience!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn S. Married on 10/22/2021

The best venue

The Morton Arboretum was the only venue my husband & I visited when planning our wedding back in 2/19. We were sure it was the venue for us after meeting with Kim Wilson, coordinator, and, oh my gosh, was it meant to be... Our original wedding date was 3/21/20 and we had to reschedule multiple times due to COVID safety concerns/mitigations. Each & every time, Kim made clear we would get the SAFE, beautiful wedding we were hoping for when we booked; she & her team followed through on that promise and our wedding was more perfect than I could've even dreamed of. First, let me say that Kim is an absolute angel & one of the hardest working people I've ever known. I was a very worried bride BEFORE the pandemic, and that was amplified with everything going on... but Kim treated me with only kindness, respect, empathy, & patience each time we spoke. She always took the time to write me thoughtful, thorough responses to my millions of questions and concerns, & called me to ease my mind if my emails were especially frantic :) It was a long and stressful process for us to have our wedding, but the stress had nothing to do with the Arboretum- they were on top of everything and consistently calmed my nerves. On our wedding day, the coordinators were on top of everything. They communicated well with all of our vendors & everything was seamless. I am a very anxious person by nature, and because of the tireless work of the Arb staff, I had NO anxiety on the day of our wedding (a few guests/wedding party members even commented on how calm and happy I was). I had so much trust in Kim & her team, I was able to be in the moment & worry about nothing. The bartenders were totally amazing too. Heather was a JOY & Anthony was hilarious. They made sure my husband and I were always taken care of. My family was extremely impressed because they asked that my nephews bring their dad over for the official OK before serving them soda :) Everything was done with such care. The drinks were delicious & there was never a line. I noticed almost all people had drinks in their hands/in front of them throughout the night. It was such a testament to how great the service was. Each and every server was extremely kind & hardworking . They were very intentional about checking in with my husband & me too. Additionally, they were very on top of getting empty and unattended glasses. I didn鈥檛 see a single random cup all night. We also had the best experience with catering. First we worked with a lovely individual, who personally called me before our wedding to let me know she had a job change, but she would make sure our new catering contact, Jill, knew every detail - SHE DID & she didn't miss a beat. We know she was insanely busy, but she really took the time to make sure we were happy, satisfied, and taken care of. The food was outstanding. My dad, who is insanely picky, couldn't get over how perfectly the filet was cooked. We had Jim the tram driver for our pictures, and he was so knowledgeable, kind, and flexible. He was a lot of fun to have with our crew. I give all of these details because I want to highlight how personable and caring the staff was at the Arboretum. It was an amazing experience working with them. They have hundreds of weddings a year & made us feel special and valued every step of the way. I would recommend the Arboretum a million times over. Thank you to all who helped make our long-awaited day more perfect than we ever could've imagined.
  • Elsie
    Elsie D. Married on 09/18/2021

Absolutely amazing!

The Morton Arboretum was the only venue we toured because we knew that it would be beautiful and perfect, and we were not disappointed. Rachel was so easy to work with and answered all of my questions immediately even though she was out of the office on vacation, so you know she cares about her couples! Caryn with catering was also great at answering questions I had about anything at all, and thanks to her suggestions our linens were magnificent. Everyone was so flexible about changing our date due to COVID, and made the situation so much easier to handle. The scenery and venue were beautiful, and our guests also loved being able to explore before the wedding. We basically had the wedding of our dreams!
  • illustration stars

50 photos 路 11/24/2018

Deals

The Morton Arboretum 1
Gift
All your guests receive free admission to The Morton Arboretum on your special day so your guests can explore our 1,700 acres grounds of majestic trees, gardens, lakes, and natural landscapes.
The Morton Arboretum 2
Discount
Brides who choose to have their ceremony or reception at The Morton Arboretum during November-April can take advantage of competitive discounts
The Morton Arboretum 3
Discount
Brides who choose to have their ceremony or reception during the day can take advantage of competitive day-time discounts

Pricing

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
The Morton Arboretum, 4100 Illinois Route 53 Lisle, 60532
Location of (The Morton Arboretum)

The Morton Arboretum frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of The Morton Arboretum in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Morton Arboretum for wedding events is known for:
  • Banquet Hall
  • Historic Building
  • Museum

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Morton Arboretum for wedding events?

The Morton Arboretum offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Morton Arboretum offer?

The Morton Arboretum offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party

What services does The Morton Arboretum offer for wedding events?

The Morton Arboretum offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Cake
  • Clean Up
  • Event Rentals
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Set Up

What furniture and decorations does The Morton Arboretum have available for wedding events?

The Morton Arboretum offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Tables
  • Tents

What percentage of users recommend The Morton Arboretum and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Morton Arboretum is recommended by 96% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.6 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.8 in flexibility, 4.7 in quality of service, 4.7 in professionalism, 4.6 in value and 4.4 in average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does The Morton Arboretum offer?

The Morton Arboretum currently offers 1 gift promotion and 2 discount promotions for wedding services.

Other vendors in Chicago Suburbs for your wedding