33 Beechwood Rd., Asheville, NC 28805 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Magills

Discover beautiful wedding music by The Magills located in Asheville, North Carolina. The dynamic duo is comprised of Jim and Beth. Jim plays the guitar and mandolin and accompanies Beth in vocals. Beth plays the flute and tin whistle and has an incredible voice. The Magills have been performers for NPR and have won numerous awards over the 30 years they have been performing. You can be sure that this band will bring liveliness to your wedding event.

The Magills have quite a bit to offer for just two people. They can have you listen to some sample music to ensure that you know and like their style. In addition to their large repertoire of songs, they can learn new songs that are special to you. Whether you want them for your rehearsal dinner, ceremony, or reception, they bring their own equipment. These other services The Magills offer might just be what you need:

• Instrumentals

The Magills 1
  • Eric

Eric Anderson · Married on 12/08/2018

Beyond Professional, Beyond Gifted

The Magills are exactly what we wanted in professional musicians: the perfect blend of capable, professional, and responsive. When we consulted with them originally for music for our wedding, they went above and beyond to accommodate any requests we had and were ready to supplement with options of their own for any gaps in the ceremony. The Magills also play most wonderfully and are the perfect asset for any event. I wish I had more events in my life because I would certainly hire them again!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 12/17/2017

Book them Now! (You won't regret it)

My husband and I were lucky enough to find Beth and Jim, as well as their son Finn, to play at our wedding. We had searched everywhere for someone who could play Irish/Celtic music, and finally found them after nearly giving up. It had always been my dream to walk down the aisle to a Celtic version of Canon in D, and Beth, Jim, and Finn made it happen! From the very beginning, Beth was a great communicator, and she explained their experience with weddings, while also listening to us to customize our song choices. Beth, Jim, and Finn's passion is music, and you can feel the emotion behind every performance. They are true professionals, and just to brag on them a little, they've even helped organize concerts at the Diana Wortham Theater in downtown Asheville (among other things, I'm sure). I had no idea until I met them at a concert a few months after our wedding and saw Jim up on the stage introducing my favorite Irish folk band! Beth and Jim remembered our faces, despite only meeting us for a consult and at our wedding. They are truly personable, kind-hearted, and genuine people, and I cannot say enough good things about them. I love them and I know you will too! Booking them for your wedding will the best choice for music, and you can rest easy knowing your guests will continue to compliment them long after the wedding's over.

Sent on 03/26/2019

The Magills's reply:

Meredith!
    What a lovely review! We feel so grateful to have worked with YOU and Tony, one of the most beautiful couples we've ever had the pleasure of meeting, being in dialogue with over the months up to your big day, and then the day itself. It was just such a gorgeous ceremony and playing the music we love best, for folks who are a fan of Celtic music, was OUR pleasure indeed!!!!
    So grateful to have crossed paths with you and I look forward to doing that again sometime down the road at another Celtic concert!
    In gratitude and wishing you both many blessings,
    Beth & Jim

The Magills FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 650.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Sample Music, Sound/PA System
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What instruments does your group play? Flute, Guitar, Violin, Winds
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System, Vocals

• 33 Beechwood Rd. Asheville, NC, 28805 See on map