0-300
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Mackey House

Believe in The Mackey House Experience!

The Mackey House is a historic wedding venue in Savannah, Georgia. Located five minutes away from downtown Savannah, the venue has been part of Georgia’s wedding industry for more than 16 years. The family-owned mansion features a colonial-style home, a pond, a garden with tropical ferns, palm trees, and creatively trimmed flowers with a pavilion under pine and oak trees.

Facilities and Capacity
The Mackey House is a 440-acre property that can host up to 300 guests within its six indoor and outdoor wedding event spaces. The venue features outdoor fountains, a four-acre pond, a 2,600-square-foot outdoor pavilion with a foyer, a fireplace, and ceiling fans. It also has a 2,600-square-foot outdoor covered deck with a see-through ceiling. The 12’x20' dance floor has atmospheric lighting.

The Mackey House can host various wedding events that include ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, and engagement parties. The venue provides catering, an in-house bar, accommodations, transport, cakes, entertainment, invitations, photography, and many more services. Its event services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Groom’s quarters
  • Set up
  • Lighting and sound
  • Clean up

History
Purchased by Harry E. Martin, Jr., in 1931, the property was renamed “Red Gate Farms” by his wife, Mamie Smith Martin. In 1997, Martin’s granddaughter, Laura, and her husband, Fred Mackey, built a home at Red Gate Farms, which also happened to host their daughter Tonya’s wedding. Ever since, Fred and Laura received multiple requests from friends and family wanting to host events at the Mackay House, making it one of Savannah’s premier wedding venues.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Furniture (2)
Glassware (2)
Server(s) (1)
Flatware (1)

We had our wedding here in June. It was so beautiful. The grounds at the mackey house can't be beat! The staff was excellent and took care of moving the ceremony when it started to rain right before our ceremony was to take place. Throughout the process they were very flexible and willing to work with us to make the day exactly as we wanted. I would highly recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/16/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at the Mackey House on May 6,2018. To say that our day was perfect is an understatement. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted and dreamed of. Our day wouldn’t have turned out this way if it weren’t for the GORGEOUS venue of the Mackey House and their excellent team.

To be honest, my husband and I looked at venues in the Savannah area for months. We knew about the Mackey House, but thought that there was no way that it would fit into our budget. We finally got fed up, and we agreed to just “go look”. Turns out, it was cheaper than most venues in the Savannah area that we looked at. Not only that, they provided so much more than any other venue we considered. Making worth of every penny.

I worked with Caroline and Shelley. Both were amazing! They made the planning process such a breeze! I didn’t even need to consider hiring a planner. They walked me through everything and were very prompt in answering all of my ridiculous questions.

We hired Jordon and Dave as our DJ/EMCEE/Director, who were recommended by the venue. They were awesome! They were so fun and easy to work with. They understood exactly how we wanted our day to be and they made it a reality. The Rehearsal and the day of went so smoothly and all of the music selections were a hit! They made the day of the wedding so stress free for me. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing.

I hired Rays BBQ as our caterer, who was also suggested by the venue. Ray was so fun to work with and very accommodating. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!

I can’t give the Mackey House enough stars to reflect how pleased we are. They venue is a fairy tale, and the staff is professional, accommodating, prompt, and so much fun to work with. They make you feel right at home.

Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was. They enjoyed it so much!

Thank you Mackey House for an incredible wedding day we will always cherish!

Profile Picture Ann, 4/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.7

The Mackey House is a gorgeous venue! I mean, breathtaking. We received nothing but compliments from our guests about it. The one frustrating thing about the venue was the amount of venue coordinators I went through. I had a total of 4 coordinators, one after the other, in the amount of time that I decided to go with the venue. For some reason, staff doesn’t seem to stick around. It didn’t affect the day of at all though! The venue was well worth the money we spent.

Profile Picture Gina, 3/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

The Mackey House Pricing

220x220 sq 1513361798291 2d
220x220 sq 1513361853165 red gate horse

2 VIDEOS

12 ENDORSEMENTS
The Mackey House is a very elegant venue. I have been catering there for 15 years. It is a brides dream wedding venue.

I have been privileged to provide the ceremony music at the Mackey House many times over the years. Every time I enter the grounds I am amazed at the beauty of the place and the consistent professionalism of the staff. Any wedding or event at the Mackey House is, and will be spectacular.

Rustic and Serene. This venue moves you away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Savannah. Great Parking and can accommodate large groups!

I got to walk through this venue and it was as beautiful in person as it was in all the photos. I would suggest this place to anybody that was looking a really southern wedding/event.

We have worked with The Mackey House for numerous weddings in the past. The staff here shows an overwhelming commitment to make each bride and groom’s big day a truly unique and memorable one. The staff of The Mackey House always demonstrates professionalism but is also extremely easy to work with. From decorations to catering, The Mackey House staff is always ready to help/host the wedding and/or reception of our dreams.

190 Red Gate Farms Trail, Savannah, GA 31405   See On Map