125 Reviews for The Mackey House

Furniture (2)
Server(s) (1)
Flatware (1)
125 The Mackey House Reviews

Everyone here was so kind and gracious. Especially considering that we only gave them two weeks notice! Trying to plan a wedding via phone and email in two weeks from West Virginia is no easy task, but the team at the Mackey House made it feel so easy and stress-free. They were able to squeeze us in no problem and the value couldn't be beat. I'm not very familiar with wedding costs, but I would say that the Mackey House beats everyone else on price! If you plan on getting married in Savannah, your only option should be the Mackey House.

Profile Picture Thomas, 6/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Glassware

We had our wedding here in June. It was so beautiful. The grounds at the mackey house can't be beat! The staff was excellent and took care of moving the ceremony when it started to rain right before our ceremony was to take place. Throughout the process they were very flexible and willing to work with us to make the day exactly as we wanted. I would highly recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/16/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at the Mackey House on May 6,2018. To say that our day was perfect is an understatement. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted and dreamed of. Our day wouldn’t have turned out this way if it weren’t for the GORGEOUS venue of the Mackey House and their excellent team.

To be honest, my husband and I looked at venues in the Savannah area for months. We knew about the Mackey House, but thought that there was no way that it would fit into our budget. We finally got fed up, and we agreed to just “go look”. Turns out, it was cheaper than most venues in the Savannah area that we looked at. Not only that, they provided so much more than any other venue we considered. Making worth of every penny.

I worked with Caroline and Shelley. Both were amazing! They made the planning process such a breeze! I didn’t even need to consider hiring a planner. They walked me through everything and were very prompt in answering all of my ridiculous questions.

We hired Jordon and Dave as our DJ/EMCEE/Director, who were recommended by the venue. They were awesome! They were so fun and easy to work with. They understood exactly how we wanted our day to be and they made it a reality. The Rehearsal and the day of went so smoothly and all of the music selections were a hit! They made the day of the wedding so stress free for me. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing.

I hired Rays BBQ as our caterer, who was also suggested by the venue. Ray was so fun to work with and very accommodating. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!

I can’t give the Mackey House enough stars to reflect how pleased we are. They venue is a fairy tale, and the staff is professional, accommodating, prompt, and so much fun to work with. They make you feel right at home.

Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was. They enjoyed it so much!

Thank you Mackey House for an incredible wedding day we will always cherish!

Profile Picture Ann, 4/22/18, 1 Review
4.7

The Mackey House is a gorgeous venue! I mean, breathtaking. We received nothing but compliments from our guests about it. The one frustrating thing about the venue was the amount of venue coordinators I went through. I had a total of 4 coordinators, one after the other, in the amount of time that I decided to go with the venue. For some reason, staff doesn’t seem to stick around. It didn’t affect the day of at all though! The venue was well worth the money we spent.

Profile Picture Gina, 3/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

Our decision to get married at the Mackey House was the most important one we made for the wedding. I had visited a few times during the day at it was absolutely beautiful. I had seen picture at night but they did not do justice. When the sun went down and everything was lit up, it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. This was a destination wedding for us and what a way to introduce our families to the South. If I had to describe Southern Hospitality it would be the Mackey House! Working with Caroline was an absolute pleasure! I also got to meet Mrs. Mackey a few times and she was so warm and friendly. The team really makes you feel at home. Their prefered vendors were also all incredible. They all made the planning process stress free and the end result was the most beautiful memory that we could ever have. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

This is a beautiful place hidden in a one-of-a-kind forest-type scene. Dave, the director, made us feel very welcome from the start! I was not able to check the venue out first-hand with my sister (the bride) but I did see it for the first time at the wedding rehearsal the night before. Dave was very timely as well as efficient in going through the rehearsal with us. He was very personable and approachable, so we felt comfortable to ask him any questions as necessary. Besides this place being absolutely gorgeous and nostalgic with its rustic, 17th century feel, the staff was always available on the day of the wedding and provided last minute accommodations for us because of some mishaps on our end (ex: we forgot our own paper plates so the catering staff provided us some, etc.). We took photos after the ceremony and the scene was absolutely gorgeous and neat. It was overall just such a blessing of a day, not to mention Dave wears many hats like Dj-ing , being the MC, leading the wedding games, and honoring the people in their positions (ex. Acknowledging the roles of groomsmen and bridesmaids and making us feel welcome). Everything was fantastic and we truly enjoyed ourselves. More importantly, the bride and her groom enjoyed that special day! Thanks for such a great experience and may God bless your venue and company for more weddings to come your way!

Profile Picture Chanice, 11/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Mackey House was beautiful and the best place to have a wedding. We got so many compliments on the venue. Katie was great and made sure everything ran smoothly for our special day. It couldn't of been more perfect! I would highly recommend the Mackey House.
12-2-17

Profile Picture leslie, 11/19/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Like anyone planning a wedding, we chose the venue and date first and everything else came from that. My fiancé (now wife) and I couldn’t be more happy and proud that we chose The Mackey House as our wedding venue. We worked with Caroline to do all the venue planning and Dave the day of. Both we absolutely fantastic. Their preferred vendors were all top notch. Our 65 guests all commented about how beautiful the venue was. We had guests coming from all over the country. They all enjoyed Savannah before and after the wedding.

Profile Picture Tatiana, 11/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

The Mackey House was amazing. We had a few issues the day of due to weather and Caroline and the whole Mackey crew helped make our wedding amazing even in a thunderstorm!

Profile Picture Alexa, 10/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
2.4

My wedding is scheduled for Oct of this year. So far the service has been good, but a lot of vendors seem to be ending their relationships with the Mackey House. There have been a lot of changes in staff which can make it hard to communicate with them.

Profile Picture User6793044, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Mackey House was the most perfect backdrop to our perfect day! Caroline, Dave, and the entire Mackey House team made us feel so special and important throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Caroline was so readily available to us and constantly went out of her way to make sure that everything was in line with my vision, including acquiring alcohol outside of their vendor list and letting me come to the property for bridal photos. She was absolutely amazing!

I am so pleased with the Mackey House. It was truly worth every penny. Their preferred caterers are also excellent-- don't discount Ray's BBQ, even for a more formal event. His turkey options, brisket, and excellent stew and sides had my guests raving. He was incredibly professional and his team was cheerful and ready to assist!

The Mackey House is THE venue for a Savannah wedding. I could not recommend it more highly. Thank you to the whole Mackey House team for making our big day so special!

Profile Picture Tori, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Parking, Wheelchair Access
2.8

We chose the Mackey House because my wife ( Jeanene) absolutely fell in love with it and wanted no where else, which was fine especially since we originally had 250-300 guests and they were the only place we could find that would hold that much and have parking. Since we had it on a Saturday with was going to cost a little extra. We were able to knock the guest count down so they worked with us and took $500 off the price. We were happy with that and then everything started going "south". We started getting new people as a point of contact and they could not figured out why I ( Tami) was so mad about it. Well when you email them back and no one responds to you after getting blindsided I think being mad is a reasonable reaction. By the time is was all set for the wedding day ( Aug. 19,2017) I ( Tami) was so stressed out it was not funny. Two months before the wedding I was getting a 3rd new point of contact. Then 30 days out in our final meeting they tried to tell me that the bar pricing changed ( keep in mind I had already paid in full and they had already not put one of my payments into my account ( that i had to chase down)) and our signature drinks where now on the higher priced one and they were going to try to charge me for things I had ALREADY paid for. With every change we had made like head count something seemed to drop off the contract and its a good thing I made copies of all versions and my amazing planner was there to help with getting things straight. If you want an ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL venue then yes Mackey House is your place but if you want smooth sailing and one point of contact who knows what is going on every step of the way and your Stress level to Not go up 100% plus then you might want to go somewhere else.

Profile Picture Jeanene, 8/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor
4.7

Book the Mackey House! So, so beautiful. The staff was very helpful. I worked mostly with Dave and Jessica and they were great. Jessica responded quickly to my emails and Dave was out event DJ. During the planning process, he made a lot of suggestions which helped us a ton because we were undecided with a lot of things. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I would highly recommend the Mackey House!

Profile Picture N, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Wheelchair Access

When my husband and I started looking at wedding venues, we found some we liked but there was always a “it would be perfect BUT….” Until we visited The Mackey House! We can still remember driving up to the venue and just being in complete awe. Before we got back in the car after our tour, we both said without hesitation “THIS IS IT!” It is truly EVERYTHING you could ever ask for in a wedding venue and more! From the first day of our tour, The Mackey House staff blew us away. They were very organized, up front with all the costs, and provided great suggestions and recommendations. During the time between when we contracted with them and our wedding day, The Mackey House did transition through a few wedding pre-event planners. Even with those transitions, we never felt that our wedding day plans or any previous discussions were lost or forgotten about. Closer to our wedding date, we worked directly with Jessica to finalize all our wedding details! She was VERY responsive and awesome about helping in any way she could. With some last minute changes, she was very detailed oriented to ensure that what was in their system was up to date and accurate. One thing we would say to anyone looking at doing a wedding at The Mackey House would be that YOU HAVE TO HIRE DAVE!! Hands down the best wedding decision we made! Dave will make your wedding day flawless! He worked with us to plan out our wedding day timeline and gave us great suggestions! He was also open to having us call/text him as things came up or changed, which was extremely helpful! Our guest at our wedding still talk about how GOREGOUS and in awe they were at how beautiful the venue was and that it was by far the prettiest wedding venue they had been to! And not only that, so many of our guests talked about how smooth the wedding went and how great the music was! We truly cannot say thank you enough to Jessica, Dave and the rest of The Mackey House staff for being apart of making our wedding day picture perfect!

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/12/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, In-House Bar, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), House Beer, Open Bar
4.7

My husband and I looked at several different venues in Savannah and by far the Mackey House is the most beautiful venue in the entire city. They have weddings there every single weekend (I think almost every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) so they know what they're doing.

Between the 14 months of booking the venue and getting married, we did have 4 different points of contact for our Event Planner. I expressed my concern to Anita, who was the third planner but she assured me that our file and everything we chose was available to whoever needed it, and she was right. Jessica Johnson (I believe she works with the Savannah Event Group, who owns the Mackey House) was who we worked with the final few months and she was awesome. She was on top of everything, was very responsive, and made me less stressed out.

The absolute shining star though was Dave Gibson, who served as our DJ and Day-of-Coordinator. All the positive reviews you read about Dave are 100% true. He has his stuff together--from helping us pick out songs, to putting together a timeline, to running the rehearsal, he's on top of it. We got so many compliments from our guests on what a great job he did during the reception--he kept the guests entertained, played the best music, and overall just made the wedding fun! And maybe most importantly, at the end of the night right as my husband and I were getting ready to leave, he stopped us to give us our leftover food boxes that we had forgotten in the bridal suite. I would have been so sad to forget our food, but he made sure we got it!

Overall, the Mackey House was beautiful and Dave made our wedding day run perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better time!

Profile Picture Emily, 3/11/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Linens

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

Profile Picture User4563144, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
4.3

Mackey does so many weddings throughout the year that I felt so confident leaving my wedding in their hands. Trey, Jordon and Susanna were all so welcoming and thorough about the whole process. I felt the price was really high to just rent the venue but when I heard the list of included bonuses, it was well worth it! The outdoor area is beautifully decorated with lights and pretty landscaping. I like that there is separate Bride and Groom's room. I think that the outdoor pavilion where you can have your ceremony is nice but they can improve the design better. The roof looked dingy and it wasn't really elegant. The upstairs deck was super nice for the reception. With newly remodeled weather proof coverings, there is no worry about the rain and gnats!

Profile Picture Anna, 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Glassware, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

The Mackey House was an awesome venue! Dave and his team was very supportive before, during, and after the event! Crave-A-Licious Events & More wants The Mackey House to know that we appreciate how accommodating you were as we made our customer's vision become a Winter Wonderland Reality! Dave, you rock as a DJ and as a Day of Wedding Director!

Profile Picture Myrtice, 12/4/16, 1 Review
1.4

My fiance and I initially booked this venue due to the amazing reviews.
Pros: Beautiful venue
Cons: 1. We went through 3 event planners from the Mackey house. There was no transition of roles and responsibilities or advance notice given to us the clients. 2. Things that were initially agreed upon by the prior event planners no longer were applicable to the new event planner. 3. Getting a response from anyone at the venue was difficult. Often times emails or phone calls were not replied and when they were responded too it was several days later even a week late. I'm strongly disappointed in the lack of communication and professionalism and would not recommend someone to book this venue. The stress of wanting to get things done is not worth the beauty of the venue. I strongly recommend booking somewhere else it's not worth the price, or the stress.

Profile Picture Jazmine, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

i havent had my wedding here yet, but I spoke with the vendors over the phone and they were very helpful and nice to speak with. I look forward to future plans with them

Profile Picture User5266948, 1+ year ago, 17 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful venue filled with a true southern experience. The staff was beyond incredible and made sure we were satisfied throughout the event. Dave, the wedding coordinator was a gem for us. He worked incredibly hard to make sure we were satisfied. I would recommend this venue to anybody! On top of the great experience, it was the most cost efficient venue in Savannah and the surrounding areas.

Profile Picture Derrick, 9/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Let me start by saying Dave Gibson is a God Send. We began our wedding journey with the Mackey house with Susanna, and then through another, and then through another which became extremely frustrating. Dave stepped in and completely took over our entire event. He is a fantastic DJ as well! I completely forgot to send him my playlist in the midst of things so dance music (besides our special moments pre-planned) all night was all him and all great! The venue itself is one of a kind and having a mostly out of town guest list we wanted something to impress and we got that! They did a great job with giving me amazing vendor recommendations and are totally worth the money! Thank you for everything Dave!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Set Up, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Open Bar

Dave and Krysti did an amazing job pulling our wedding together. The Mackey House delivered on being our dream venue and we had a blast! All of our guests told us over and over that it was one of the prettiest, most fun weddings they have ever attended. Dave was a fantastic DJ and really got involved. We had a blast going through musical choices with him, and he suggested a couple fun things that really got the reception off on the right foot. The Mackey House is a fantastic place to have your wedding. You won't find a prettier venue in Savannah where you can soak in Savannah's gorgeous scenery and celebrate the night away!

Profile Picture Erin , 7/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Stations, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

The Mackey House did an excellent job for our wedding. Everyone was super attentive to all of the details we requested and very prompt with any e-mails we sent. The venue was so beautifully decorated everywhere (the twinkle lights were my favorite) and provided such a great backdrop for all of our pictures. We had many guests commenting on how nice it was to be able to wander around the property and see how nicely everything was set up, even in areas where the main events weren't happening. Everyone we worked with at The Mackey House was helpful in making sure our wedding day was everything we wanted and within our price range. I was concerned the deck was going to be cramped considering the amount of guests we had (150), including a 5 piece band and photo booth, but it all fit perfectly and still allowed ample space for dancing. I would HIGHLY recommend The Mackey House for any events!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/18/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I just had my wedding here on June 17, and I must say The Mackey House is truly amazing! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating to every change we had to make due to the weather. It was a magical place to be and it was everything we could have wanted and more! I will recommend them to all of my friends because they were so professional, personable, and made us feel so special on our most important day!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Parking, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up