The Mackey House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Emily
    Emily F. Getting married on 06/07/2022

Beautiful and affordable

We had the entire place to ourselves for the wedding. Plenty of space for guests to explore and for us to have amazing photos. The staff is great in being flexible and helping you achieve your dream wedding.

The Mackey House's reply:

Emily, thank you for your kind words! We're glad to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your very special day.
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 03/18/2022

The most magical wedding!

Even with the rain, the Mackey house jumped into action and made our wedding the most perfect wedding of all time!

Hi Melissa,
    Thank you for choosing us to host your beautiful wedding! We strive to make sure that our couples have one of the best and most memorable times of their life.
    Kathryn D. Married on 08/06/2021

Breath Taking!

This venue is just stunning at every turn. The staff is professional and they know weddings inside and out. You will not have a care or concern about your special day if they are involved. I could not have asked for a more perfect setting for my daughter's wedding. After the event she told me it was more than she had ever hoped for. Mission accomplished!

Kathryn,
    We are so glad to hear that your daughter's special day was everything she hoped for and more! We strive to make the wedding planning process go smoothly and give them their dream wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of their special day!
    Autumn B. Married on 05/27/2021

Best venue ever

My wedding was Thursday, May 27th 2021 at The Mackey House and it was absolutely breathe taking. The property itself is so beautiful and has so many different area so that you feel spread out. When you add the florals from a local vendor, it only gets better... I know, hard to believe. Dave was our officiant and DJ, let me tell you, it was awesome!! He was the perfect director for the ceremony and had every detail structured for us, which is very helpful if you’ve never planned a wedding! He was so respectful during the ceremony and represented mine and my husbands love perfectly. During the reception, he was the best DJ ever!! I had so many complaints on the music. Dave played music in accordance with the rooms energy and it worked perfectly! Our experience at The Mackey House couldn’t have been the same with out him. We would recommend this venue to anyone who wants a beautiful and welcoming place to get married. If you do chose The Mackey House, don’t forget to book Dave for a great time!

Autumn,
    We are so happy to hear that your wedding was all the you hoped for! Dave is awesome and he really knows how to energize crowd!
  • Melanie
    Melanie T. Married on 05/22/2021

Absolute BEST venue in Savannah

The Mackey House made the perfect wedding possible for us. From the very beggining, the people at the Mackey House made the whole experience so easy and fun.
    Dave! There's no words for Dave. He's the best thing that we could have done for our wedding. He put me at ease instantly and ensured me that he would take care of everything, and he did!
    The actual Mackey House venue is PHENOMENAL! It was everything we could have hoped for and more.
    All of our guest couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. The Mackey House family takes great care and pride in their venue and it shows in the big and small details of their property.
    Overall, you would be remissed in not booking the Mackey House and Dave to be apart of your wedding. They will blow your expectations out of the water. They're exactly what you need to out your mind at ease for your big day!

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Melanie! It was a pleasure getting to know you through the process of planning your wedding. We are so glad that you chose our venue and allowed us to help make your special day come to fruition. We wish you guys all the best!
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia C. Married on 05/16/2021

Get On The Love Train

I can't believe that I'm just writing this review. I stepped out of the box and had an event called, "Get On The Love Train" at the Mackey House. No, it was not an wedding, but it was a "fairy tale" gathering with people from all over the country who came in the name of love. There is no better place on this earth to have a wedding or an event such as The Love Train. There are really no words. Only the real experience will speak for itself. Words can do it no justice. Everything was absolute PERFECT from the day I started planning until the last moment. I must repeat, there is no other place like this...........and there are no words to explain it. Shelly, Laura, Dave and all of the crew know how to make a dream come true. This event took place in May and all of my 100 guests from Chicago to New York are still talking about it the Mackey House.

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Cynthia! It was our pleasure working with you! Thank you for choosing us to host such a wonderful event!
    Michelle H. Married on 04/30/2021

Phenomenal!!

The most beautiful venue with the most excellent services. Dave was a great Director and DJ and I don’t think we could have made it through without him. Light ceremony lakeside, dinner in the pavilion, and dancing on the deck. The grounds and setting was as perfect as can be.

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Michelle, for choosing us to help make your wedding day so special! It was our pleasure being able to assist you. We wish you guys all the best!
    Brooke B. Married on 12/20/2020

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to the Mackey House

Everyone loved the Mackey House. It’s so beautiful. They made everything come together exactly how I pictured it. They were great giving us recommendations for caterers and florists and officiants since we lived out of town! It made it fun and enjoyable instead of stressful. Love love love the Mackey house!!

The Mackey House's reply:

Brooke, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad we were able to help make your special day wonderful and as stress free as possible!
    Jasmin C. Married on 11/26/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

OH MY GOODNESS, where do I even start? The Mackey House was absolutely amazing from the start. Everyone I talked to was so helpful and DJ Dave Gibson is awesome!! I highly recommend the Mackey House for your wedding venue!

The Mackey House's reply:

Jasmin, Thank you for your kind words! We are grateful that you chose our venue to celebrate your very special day. We wish you both may blessings!
    Caitlyn R. Married on 09/27/2020

Wedding of my dreams!

My husband and I got married at The Mackey House September 2020 and it was a fairytale. I couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out. Even getting married in the middle of a global pandemic it was everything I ever dreamed of and more. I moved to GA in 2016 and heard of the Mackey house shortly after moving and have wanted to get married there ever since. I knew when we got engaged and start looking that there was no other place I'd rather go. Dave and Shelly are nothing short of amazing, they were extremely helpful from day one of planning all the way to the end of the night on our big day. They were both always so responsive and made sure to put our minds at ease with everything. The venue itself is breathtaking, my guests still compliment it when they come around. It is so stunning and beautifully decorated. Every time we drove to the venue, coming around the corner and seeing the venue would literally make my jaw drop. It never got old, it was always such a beautiful experience. The day of the wedding, Dave was so helpful with everything going on and made me feel so comfortable so that I could just enjoy my day and then he was an amazing DJ at our reception. If you are planning on getting married at the Mackey house and aren't sure if you want to purchase dave's DJ services, let me be the one to push you to go for it. Our day wouldn't have been the same without him the entire ceromony and reception.My husband was actually deployed for a good amount of the year while we were planning so I was alone during most of the planning and Dave was sure to be so helpful and also was able to include my husband in the process which made me feel so much better. There is no doubt that your special day will be everything you want in a wedding if you book at The Mackey House. There's no need to continue looking around, you have found the perfect dream venue right here. Thank you again to Dave, Shelly and the rest of the wonderful staff for making all of my dreams come true. I wish we could rewind and live it all over again.

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Caitlyn for your awesome review!
    We’re so glad we could help to make your special day all that you hoped for!
    Caitlyn R. Married on 09/27/2020

Wedding of my dreams!

• Tannerwhitford@yahoo.com
    Tanner W. Married on 08/30/2020

The Mackey house made for one beautiful wedding and is a fantastic value for the quality of service and location

Everything was perfect, the house offered a great space to accommodate our guest and the landscaping surrounding the house was beautiful and very well kept. I would recommend to anyone.

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Tanner! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience and we appreciate you choosing us to help make your wedding day all the more special!
    Hannah B. Married on 08/08/2020

I loved working with the Mackey House

I absolutely loved working with the Mackey House. Everyone was so nice and made sure everything was perfect and ran smoothly. Nicole is amazing at coordinating everything and Dave kicked butt as our DJ and wedding coordinator the day of. We ended up having a few minor issues and the staff handled everything beautifully. Could not have asked for a better team to handle our wedding day. 10/10 would recommend.

The Mackey House's reply:

Hannah, thank you for giving us the opportunity to help make one of the most important days of your life so special! We wish you both many blessings!
    Sierra Married on 06/20/2020

The most special place in this world.

From the very start of my experience with the Mackey House everything was perfect. From my first time stepping on property for my tour they made me feel comfortable. Shelley was my go to person throughout the whole process and she is just great and a sweetheart. Nicole is amazing. I was a corona bride and these two made everything SOOO EASY! My biggest stress was finding a new date and they just made the process so smooth and was here for me and supportive. Dave was our on site staff for the day of the wedding and let me tell you HE IS THE MAN!!! He made sure everything was good and ran smoothly. He made me and my groom feel so comfortable. This place is beautiful and stunning and magical. I would recommend everyone to get married here. They have the most incredible staff here. They made all my dreams come to life. As annoying as I felt asking questions they were always happy and ready to answer and assist. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over again. It wouldnt have been as perfect as it was without the staff and this location. Every guest I had talked about how gorgeous that venue is. I will never forget my wedding day and will never be able to thank the Mackey House staff enough. and they even let me bring my dog!!!

The Mackey House's reply:

Sierra, we are so pleased to see that you had an amazing experience from start to finish. Getting married is one of the most important occasions in your life and we're grateful that you allowed us to be a part of making it so special! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 12/14/2019

Dream wedding venue

The Mackey House is the dream wedding venue. The house and grounds are exquisite. The staff at Mackey House are a pleasure to work with.
  • Z
    Zoraida R. Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing Mackey House Wedding

The Mackey House was absolutely amazing! The venue is beautiful and has great options for ceremony and reception. They were great to work with and so accommodating. All of our guests were so impressed with how beautiful everything was. Shelley was so helpful and fun. Dave was great at overseeing everything and so nice (he even shared his cough drops with me cause I started to lose my voice). Thanks Mackey House for making our day so special ❤️
    Kaycee Married on 11/09/2019

So happy I chose the Mackey House!

My now husband and I wanted a destination wedding in Savannah, we came across the Mackey House and fell in love with the beauty of the property. From the first email until the last the staff at the Mackey House were very responsive and helpful especially since we were planning everything through the phone, emails, etc.

We had 120 guest and utilized the lakeside ceremony location and the deck for the reception. We were nervous about the amount of people on the deck, however, their were plenty of space and it was not overcrowded at all.

Dave was absolutely phenomenal as both the coordinator and DJ. We are very happy we chose to use his services as he made the wedding day flawless and kept our guests dancing the entire night. Dave walked us through the entire process and offered his experiences to help guide us through decision making.

We used Chef Ray and were extremely happy with the food he provided. Our guests are still raving about it !! He really worked with us to provide a specific menu we wanted for our guests. I would highly recommend his services!
  • Allysha
    Allysha C. Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing venue, amazing people!

This venue was more than we even imagined! It is so beautiful and everyone was so helpful and kind from the day we submitted our request for our date, throughout our entire event. Someone was always there to answer any questions we had, they made sure everyone ran smoothly on our big day, and most importantly everyone was very nice, professional, and open to help with anything we needed. We highly recommend using the Mackey House!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful Venue!

Very friendly people and a beautiful venue. A lot of nice places for beautiful pictures.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth J. Married on 06/10/2019

So amazing!

They are so helpful and so amazing! Everybody there is so nice and they honestly want your day to be amazing. My husband and I planned a destination wedding and not being in the same state made things a little more difficult but The Mackey House helped so much from giving us catering choices, bakeries and helping us reach out to photographers, DJs. They always answer any questions as soon as possible. It’s so beautiful there too.
    Brittany Married on 04/19/2019

4/19/19 dream wedding

All I have to say about this place is that it is magical!! Just kidding…I have a lot more to say… step one of wedding planning for us was finding the venue – The Mackey House was actually one of the first places I stumbled across. Just from the looks of it, I thought to myself that this was the wedding venue of my dreams & that there was no way we could afford to have our wedding here. But – not only is this venue beautiful beyond belief – it is affordable. We had our consultation there with Elizabeth (who was sweet as can be) but then continued on with our search to see if there were any other venues that would be suitable for our big day. Only to find that nothing seemed more right than choosing The Mackey House.
    When the day finally came – this day that brought a forecast of such dreadful weather (100% chance of strong winds, thunderstorms, tornado warnings) – the staff was so quick to do their best to keep us positive and to let us know that they were going to do everything they could to make sure we still had the beautiful wedding we sought to have here. Much to our surprise, an hour before the ceremony was set to begin, the rain stopped, and the sun came out. Dave assured us that their goal at this time was to dry off all the chairs in the garden so that we could have the ceremony outside as we had originally planned.
    To bring this review to a close, I just want to thank everyone at The Mackey House. Elizabeth and Brooke were extremely helpful and quick to respond in the beginning stages. Shelley was so accommodating when it came to scheduling our rehearsal and in discussing all the final touches. And Dave was just an extreme pleasure to work with. Never was there a moment that I looked at him or needed his assistance that he did not have a warm and genuine smile on his face. This venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the decorations – everything about this place is magical!!
  • Hayley
    Hayley Married on 01/26/2019

Hurricane reschedule

The entire staff here were exceptional! Shelley helped me through the process of rescheduling my wedding due to a hurricane canceling my orginial wedding date. She made sure I knew all dates available. Quick responses, had her number to text her if I needed anything. They made my dreams come true. The venue has lots of natural beauty, and all their preapproved vendors were great. We used Ray’s BBQ and all our guests raved about it! Ray made my wish of incorporating the southern dish of shrimp and grits as our appetizer, which was absolutely amazing! Dave the manager on site day of made everything run soomthly and if there was ever a problem I didn’t know about it. I was never stressed or nervous about anything. They were all so welcoming, kind, caring, and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of. I could go on and on about this venue but it was the most beautiful desitination wedding ever and everyone at the Mackey house was so helpful.
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 11/12/2018

Perfect first day

We had THE perfect first day of forver; The Mackey House is visually a dream come true for a wedding venue if you like a southern outdoor rustic, romantic elegance. We added an additional hour of time which to me seemed pricey but was well worth it (the quoted Mackey House price for your day is four hours total which does not pause for a cocktail hour and includes the ceremony and reception). I highly recommend doing it because my husband and I had the best day and weren’t stressed about our timeline. The staff at the Mackey House (notably Elizabeth) was very good to us and went out of their way to ensure our day was everything we dreamed it would be (it was). We started off with one day of coordinator and during our year long engagement got transferred to Elizabeth — we learned this happens often and there were some miscommunications that Elizabeth handled beautifully and made sure my now husband and I were happy. I am so grateful for this venue and the people attached to it for helping make my dream wedding come true.
    Jonathan Married on 09/29/2018
    The Mackey House is an amazing venue. We had guests from Florida, Chicago, Wisconsin, and everywhere in between and they all came away speechless at the stunning setting of the Mackey House. It is a great representation for why we love Savannah and chose it as our wedding city. We utilized the outdoor area for our ceremony, pavilion for cocktail hour, and the deck for the reception. All were incredible. The Mackey House staff was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the year leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding Dave was a rock star. This venue and the staff are the best in the business. Can't recommend enough.