The Mackey House Reviews

127 | Savannah, GA

127 Reviews for The Mackey House

127 The Mackey House Reviews

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mackey House is an amazing venue. We had guests from Florida, Chicago, Wisconsin, and everywhere in between and they all came away speechless at the stunning setting of the Mackey House. It is a great representation for why we love Savannah and chose it as our wedding city. We utilized the outdoor area for our ceremony, pavilion for cocktail hour, and the deck for the reception. All were incredible. The Mackey House staff was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the year leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding Dave was a rock star. This venue and the staff are the best in the business. Can't recommend enough.

Paul · Married on 09/24/2018

We looked at some of the squares in Savannah and even some of the hotels there to find the perfect spot. While the squares are lovely, it was just to public for us. We wanted a small intimate wedding with just family and we found that in The Mackey House...and more! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and gave us the intimacy we were looking for. But, how to do this from Orlando, FL? This is where the staff stepped in. Elizabeth was wonderful to work with and answered all of our questions and gave us as much detail as we needed. The day of the wedding was magical and beyond what we ever imagined. The house manager, Dave, was such a gracious host and went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we needed. Chef Ray and his crew made a delicious meal that we still rave about! If you are thinking of a wedding or even a group event, The Mackey House is the first place you should check out because it will turn out to be the last place you stop!

Thomas · Married on 06/20/2018

Everyone here was so kind and gracious. Especially considering that we only gave them two weeks notice! Trying to plan a wedding via phone and email in two weeks from West Virginia is no easy task, but the team at the Mackey House made it feel so easy and stress-free. They were able to squeeze us in no problem and the value couldn't be beat. I'm not very familiar with wedding costs, but I would say that the Mackey House beats everyone else on price! If you plan on getting married in Savannah, your only option should be the Mackey House.

Ann · Married on 04/22/2018

My husband and I got married at the Mackey House on May 6,2018. To say that our day was perfect is an understatement. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted and dreamed of. Our day wouldn’t have turned out this way if it weren’t for the GORGEOUS venue of the Mackey House and their excellent team.

To be honest, my husband and I looked at venues in the Savannah area for months. We knew about the Mackey House, but thought that there was no way that it would fit into our budget. We finally got fed up, and we agreed to just “go look”. Turns out, it was cheaper than most venues in the Savannah area that we looked at. Not only that, they provided so much more than any other venue we considered. Making worth of every penny.

I worked with Caroline and Shelley. Both were amazing! They made the planning process such a breeze! I didn’t even need to consider hiring a planner. They walked me through everything and were very prompt in answering all of my ridiculous questions.

We hired Jordon and Dave as our DJ/EMCEE/Director, who were recommended by the venue. They were awesome! They were so fun and easy to work with. They understood exactly how we wanted our day to be and they made it a reality. The Rehearsal and the day of went so smoothly and all of the music selections were a hit! They made the day of the wedding so stress free for me. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing.

I hired Rays BBQ as our caterer, who was also suggested by the venue. Ray was so fun to work with and very accommodating. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!

I can’t give the Mackey House enough stars to reflect how pleased we are. They venue is a fairy tale, and the staff is professional, accommodating, prompt, and so much fun to work with. They make you feel right at home.

Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was. They enjoyed it so much!

Thank you Mackey House for an incredible wedding day we will always cherish!

Kristin · Married on 03/02/2018

Our decision to get married at the Mackey House was the most important one we made for the wedding. I had visited a few times during the day at it was absolutely beautiful. I had seen picture at night but they did not do justice. When the sun went down and everything was lit up, it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. This was a destination wedding for us and what a way to introduce our families to the South. If I had to describe Southern Hospitality it would be the Mackey House! Working with Caroline was an absolute pleasure! I also got to meet Mrs. Mackey a few times and she was so warm and friendly. The team really makes you feel at home. Their prefered vendors were also all incredible. They all made the planning process stress free and the end result was the most beautiful memory that we could ever have. Thank you!

Chanice · Married on 11/30/2017

This is a beautiful place hidden in a one-of-a-kind forest-type scene. Dave, the director, made us feel very welcome from the start! I was not able to check the venue out first-hand with my sister (the bride) but I did see it for the first time at the wedding rehearsal the night before. Dave was very timely as well as efficient in going through the rehearsal with us. He was very personable and approachable, so we felt comfortable to ask him any questions as necessary. Besides this place being absolutely gorgeous and nostalgic with its rustic, 17th century feel, the staff was always available on the day of the wedding and provided last minute accommodations for us because of some mishaps on our end (ex: we forgot our own paper plates so the catering staff provided us some, etc.). We took photos after the ceremony and the scene was absolutely gorgeous and neat. It was overall just such a blessing of a day, not to mention Dave wears many hats like Dj-ing , being the MC, leading the wedding games, and honoring the people in their positions (ex. Acknowledging the roles of groomsmen and bridesmaids and making us feel welcome). Everything was fantastic and we truly enjoyed ourselves. More importantly, the bride and her groom enjoyed that special day! Thanks for such a great experience and may God bless your venue and company for more weddings to come your way!

leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

The Mackey House was beautiful and the best place to have a wedding. We got so many compliments on the venue. Katie was great and made sure everything ran smoothly for our special day. It couldn't of been more perfect! I would highly recommend the Mackey House.
    12-2-17

Tatiana · Married on 11/04/2017

Like anyone planning a wedding, we chose the venue and date first and everything else came from that. My fiancé (now wife) and I couldn’t be more happy and proud that we chose The Mackey House as our wedding venue. We worked with Caroline to do all the venue planning and Dave the day of. Both we absolutely fantastic. Their preferred vendors were all top notch. Our 65 guests all commented about how beautiful the venue was. We had guests coming from all over the country. They all enjoyed Savannah before and after the wedding.

Alexa · Married on 10/09/2017

The Mackey House was amazing. We had a few issues the day of due to weather and Caroline and the whole Mackey crew helped make our wedding amazing even in a thunderstorm!

• Tori

Tori · Married on 08/26/2017

The Mackey House was the most perfect backdrop to our perfect day! Caroline, Dave, and the entire Mackey House team made us feel so special and important throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Caroline was so readily available to us and constantly went out of her way to make sure that everything was in line with my vision, including acquiring alcohol outside of their vendor list and letting me come to the property for bridal photos. She was absolutely amazing!

I am so pleased with the Mackey House. It was truly worth every penny. Their preferred caterers are also excellent-- don't discount Ray's BBQ, even for a more formal event. His turkey options, brisket, and excellent stew and sides had my guests raving. He was incredibly professional and his team was cheerful and ready to assist!

The Mackey House is THE venue for a Savannah wedding. I could not recommend it more highly. Thank you to the whole Mackey House team for making our big day so special!

Dawn · Married on 03/24/2017

I was hesitant about having a wedding coordinator with a small wedding of 30 guests. I will have to say that both my husband and I agreed at the end of our day, Dave Gibson is worth every penny and more!!! He promised us all we had to do was show up and have fun and he held thru! Dave provided music for ceremony, DJ service and was our coordinator. He is your Go to Guy!! Beautiful location with meticulous grounds along with exceptional service.

Brittany · Married on 03/12/2017

When my husband and I started looking at wedding venues, we found some we liked but there was always a “it would be perfect BUT….” Until we visited The Mackey House! We can still remember driving up to the venue and just being in complete awe. Before we got back in the car after our tour, we both said without hesitation “THIS IS IT!” It is truly EVERYTHING you could ever ask for in a wedding venue and more! From the first day of our tour, The Mackey House staff blew us away. They were very organized, up front with all the costs, and provided great suggestions and recommendations. During the time between when we contracted with them and our wedding day, The Mackey House did transition through a few wedding pre-event planners. Even with those transitions, we never felt that our wedding day plans or any previous discussions were lost or forgotten about. Closer to our wedding date, we worked directly with Jessica to finalize all our wedding details! She was VERY responsive and awesome about helping in any way she could. With some last minute changes, she was very detailed oriented to ensure that what was in their system was up to date and accurate. One thing we would say to anyone looking at doing a wedding at The Mackey House would be that YOU HAVE TO HIRE DAVE!! Hands down the best wedding decision we made! Dave will make your wedding day flawless! He worked with us to plan out our wedding day timeline and gave us great suggestions! He was also open to having us call/text him as things came up or changed, which was extremely helpful! Our guest at our wedding still talk about how GOREGOUS and in awe they were at how beautiful the venue was and that it was by far the prettiest wedding venue they had been to! And not only that, so many of our guests talked about how smooth the wedding went and how great the music was! We truly cannot say thank you enough to Jessica, Dave and the rest of The Mackey House staff for being apart of making our wedding day picture perfect!

• User4563144 · 1+ year ago

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

The Mackey House's reply:

We agree! But more than the beauty is the uniqueness of the venue - gardens, lake, pavilion, party deck and more. A couple can truly choose the setting that matches the look and feel they wanted for wedding day.

Derrick · Married on 09/29/2016

This is a beautiful venue filled with a true southern experience. The staff was beyond incredible and made sure we were satisfied throughout the event. Dave, the wedding coordinator was a gem for us. He worked incredibly hard to make sure we were satisfied. I would recommend this venue to anybody! On top of the great experience, it was the most cost efficient venue in Savannah and the surrounding areas.

• Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2016

Let me start by saying Dave Gibson is a God Send. We began our wedding journey with the Mackey house with Susanna, and then through another, and then through another which became extremely frustrating. Dave stepped in and completely took over our entire event. He is a fantastic DJ as well! I completely forgot to send him my playlist in the midst of things so dance music (besides our special moments pre-planned) all night was all him and all great! The venue itself is one of a kind and having a mostly out of town guest list we wanted something to impress and we got that! They did a great job with giving me amazing vendor recommendations and are totally worth the money! Thank you for everything Dave!

Erin · Married on 07/22/2016

Dave and Krysti did an amazing job pulling our wedding together. The Mackey House delivered on being our dream venue and we had a blast! All of our guests told us over and over that it was one of the prettiest, most fun weddings they have ever attended. Dave was a fantastic DJ and really got involved. We had a blast going through musical choices with him, and he suggested a couple fun things that really got the reception off on the right foot. The Mackey House is a fantastic place to have your wedding. You won't find a prettier venue in Savannah where you can soak in Savannah's gorgeous scenery and celebrate the night away!

Nikki · Married on 06/17/2016

I just had my wedding here on June 17, and I must say The Mackey House is truly amazing! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating to every change we had to make due to the weather. It was a magical place to be and it was everything we could have wanted and more! I will recommend them to all of my friends because they were so professional, personable, and made us feel so special on our most important day!

Erin · Married on 04/23/2016

The Mackey House made my dream wedding come true! It is an absolutely gorgeous venue... The perfect place for a beautiful Southern wedding. Also, do yourself a favor & hire Dave as your wedding coordinator & DJ. This man knows his stuff!!! From the ceremony to the reception, everything was well orchestrated & played out seamlessly. I felt so at ease the whole time knowing he had everything under control. Dave has such a charming personality & my family & I just loved him. Hiring Dave was probably one of the best investments that my parents & I made during the whole planning process. Thank you to The Mackey House for making our wedding day one that we will never forget, and thanks to Dave for everything!! Keep up the good work... You're awesome!!! :-)

I can't say enough about this beautiful venue! They have thought of everything to ensure your wedding day goes smoothly, Everyone on their staff is a pleasure to work with especially Dave and Susanna. They kept telling my husband and I that only thing we had to do on our wedding day was to let someone else worry about things and enjoy ourselves and we did just that and we had a fantastic day! The Mackey House was PERFECT and we am so glad we chose it for our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2015

The Mackey House's reply:

We always tell our couples, their job on wedding day is to do just two things: Get Married and Have Fun. We're glad this couple was able to do just that. Wedding day should be full of joy and celebration for the bride, groom and their families. We truly are excited when we provide a wonderful event experience for our couples.

Megan · Married on 06/26/2015

There truly aren't words enough to express how wonderful our experience was at The Mackey House for our late June 2015 wedding, but I'll give it a try. From the moment we set our hearts on getting married at this venue, the entire staff became very involved in helping us to plan out every detail of our perfect day. Susanna, Shelly and Dave were more professional and responsive than we could ever have asked for and they truly made the daunting task of planning a wedding very enjoyable. They gave us wonderful recommendations for vendors, helped find the perfect place for every little DIY decoration I had prepared for the day and made sure everything leading up to the wedding was very clear and well planned. They even helped facilitate incorporating my quirky 1950's theme into every detail in the decorations! Dave was our coordinator and MC and he made sure that each portion of our day went off without a hitch-- his presence and professionalism was an absolute blessing! The Mackey House was the perfect place for my husband and I to start our new life together and I can't thank them enough for such a wonderful experience!

Sent on 08/23/2015

The Mackey House's reply:

Sometimes we have trouble finding the right words too, lol. But Megan pretty well summed it up in describing our dedication and effort to ensure the bride's wedding day vision becomes reality. And the '50's theme was awesome. We truly love when our couples have a unique theme or style that makes their wedding day awesome. Megan and Michael are going to have a wonderful life together!

Mary Lou · Married on 06/21/2015

My daughter chose the Mackey House for her destination wedding, and we could not be happier with her choice. We worked with Susanna and Dave by phone prior to the wedding, and they were wonderful. When we arrived, they continued to meet and rise above our expectations! We really enjoyed the food - great chef! The ice cream bar was a wonderful treat! Dave was fantastic! As the day progressed, we felt that he was our very good friend who attended to every detail...a job well done!

Sent on 07/13/2015

The Mackey House's reply:

Sometimes when the bride/groom choose to have a destination wedding the parents worry about managing and planning the details and logistics of a wedding in a location they are not familiar with. As Mary Lou indicated in her kind remarks, we strive to make destination weddings not only easy to manage and plan but a fun and fantastic event for everyone. Being able to immediately put parents mind at ease and eliminate the worries of managing a destination wedding is our main goal. We're so happy Karyn and Jason had the experience they wanted and deserved on their special day.

Words cannot describe how thankful we are for ending up at The Mackey House for our wedding! Dave and Susanna were extremely helpful throughout the entire process and for the most part, were very responsive with their emails. I was worried because I was planning a wedding while living 4 hours away from Savannah but they did everything they could to put my mind at ease. Our first planning session with Dave was long and detailed, but he truly thinks of everything, not to mention he is a great DJ! It was truly wonderful having a DJ who was also our day-of coordinator moving us right along through the night. Many of my guests complimented us on how easily the wedding flowed and there weren't any issues. I definitely recommend paying for an extra hour because it goes by so fast!! I wish we had more time during our reception because you don't realize how many little things happen! (toasts, cake cutting, dances, etc.) The Mackey House is beautiful so spending money on flowers and expensive decorations is not necessary. We also enjoyed how this was a "one stop shop" meaning our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all in one place so our guests weren't required to move anywhere. Dave and Susanna suggested all of the vendors we used in terms of catering, florist, decorator, bar, and transportation- none of which disappointed at all. Thank you Dave and Susanna for helping us design the wedding of our dreams! Everyone had an amazing time!

Sent on 07/01/2015

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Marissa for your compliments as well as letting us know how satisfied you are with our services. You're right about the long and detailed planning session, but the success is in the details. We take great effort to not only ensure all of the details are properly planned, but to provide creative suggestions that makes an event special and unique. We can truly say no two weddings at the Mackey House are alike. Our facility and amenities offer so many opportunities to "think outside the box" and create a "one of a kind" wedding.

We had our wedding and reception ceremony at The Mackey House and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. We had the pleasure of taking our family photo next the a beautiful water fountain near the garden. Dave Gibson was our Event Coordinator and he's the best. He made our wedding planning experience stress-less and our family and friends were very complimentary of him. Dave is the man for the plan and shaking a leg is also another one of his specialties. He even showed our guest some dance moves. Magnolia Grill was our caterer and their food was finger licking good. Corie and Mark did an awesome job as well as their staff. They all are the most pleasant people. Dave and Magnolia Grill took really good care of our great-grandmother as well. Last but not least, Mrs. Mackey is the sweetest. She helped fix a few bumps in the road. My family and I really appreciate her concerns very much.

Sent on 06/17/2015

The Mackey House's reply:

The fountain is one of our newest additions to the Mackey House experience and it is becoming a popular photo location. We're glad this bride was able to use it as a backdrop for a very special family photo. It is very, very rare that we are honored to have a great-grand parent attend an event. What a wonderful moment we were able to share with this special family matriarch. Thank you Shataya and Chris for your compliments and allowing us to serve you on your special day!

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2015

The wonderful staff at Mackey House exceeded all of my expectations in assisting me and my husband with our wedding. Susanna is so sweet and always had the right thing to say to ease any worries or solve any little bumps we may have experienced. Dave was our DJ and master of ceremonies and absolutely delivered! He coordinated a wonderful rehearsal and created a super fun time for us on the dance floor (even tried to teach me the "wobble"). He and Susanna worked together so I was always able to contact someone for all of my needs. They truly made it a painless planning process. The location is breathtaking, especially at night all lit up! We have been inundated with compliments on our wedding and the venue. I've been recommending the Mackey House to everyone! And will continue to do so.

Alexa · Married on 05/09/2015

Our wedding at the Mackey House was absolutely perfect. We owe that to the wonderful staff and the vendors they recommended, in addition to the unbelievably beautiful property. It is such a unique and special venue. Many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. From the people to the food to the beautiful land and property, this is truly the most perfect wedding venue. The Mackey House knows how to put together an amazing wedding and throws one heck of a party!
    The people we had the opportunity to work with along the way were fantastic. Dave, the day of coordinator and DJ, is truly amazing at what he does and is such a kind and awesome person. He made planning fun. Our wedding day ran so smoothly thanks to him, and we did not have a single worry that day. We had so much fun with him along the way and especially on the wedding day! Susanna helps with much of the preplanning. She is kind and responsive and makes sure everything is in line for the big day. We loved working with her. Additionally, all the Mackey House staff members were fantastic. Everyone was smiling the entire day and kind to all of our guests. The Mackey House also makes excellent recommendations for vendors. Michelle and her team from Improvisions did our decorations and flowers. Every bit of what they did was beautiful! The food from Magnolia Grill was fantastic and all the guests raved over it...Corie, Mark, and their team made the most amazing food and the presentation was beautiful! Randy’s Beverage did our bar. They provided great service and were so friendly to all of our guests. Dave set up our transportation with Grace Limo, and they were great and on time the entire day.
    I cannot say enough about this venue. It truly is the most perfect place to get married. It veers from the traditional ballroom style venue. The uniqueness and beauty of the house and property and the amazing people that work there made our day unforgettable!