The Mackey House Reviews

The Mackey House 7
  • Samantha

Samantha · Getting married on 12/14/2019

Dream wedding venue

The Mackey House is the dream wedding venue. The house and grounds are exquisite. The staff at Mackey House are a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/11/2019
  • Allysha

Allysha Connor · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing venue, amazing people!

This venue was more than we even imagined! It is so beautiful and everyone was so helpful and kind from the day we submitted our request for our date, throughout our entire event. Someone was always there to answer any questions we had, they made sure everyone ran smoothly on our big day, and most importantly everyone was very nice, professional, and open to help with anything we needed. We highly recommend using the Mackey House!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Wigley · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful Venue!

Very friendly people and a beautiful venue. A lot of nice places for beautiful pictures.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Jean Roseberry · Married on 06/10/2019

So amazing!

They are so helpful and so amazing! Everybody there is so nice and they honestly want your day to be amazing. My husband and I planned a destination wedding and not being in the same state made things a little more difficult but The Mackey House helped so much from giving us catering choices, bakeries and helping us reach out to photographers, DJs. They always answer any questions as soon as possible. It’s so beautiful there too.

Sent on 09/30/2019
    The Mackey House 8

Brittany · Married on 04/19/2019

4/19/19 dream wedding

All I have to say about this place is that it is magical!! Just kidding…I have a lot more to say… step one of wedding planning for us was finding the venue – The Mackey House was actually one of the first places I stumbled across. Just from the looks of it, I thought to myself that this was the wedding venue of my dreams & that there was no way we could afford to have our wedding here. But – not only is this venue beautiful beyond belief – it is affordable. We had our consultation there with Elizabeth (who was sweet as can be) but then continued on with our search to see if there were any other venues that would be suitable for our big day. Only to find that nothing seemed more right than choosing The Mackey House.
    When the day finally came – this day that brought a forecast of such dreadful weather (100% chance of strong winds, thunderstorms, tornado warnings) – the staff was so quick to do their best to keep us positive and to let us know that they were going to do everything they could to make sure we still had the beautiful wedding we sought to have here. Much to our surprise, an hour before the ceremony was set to begin, the rain stopped, and the sun came out. Dave assured us that their goal at this time was to dry off all the chairs in the garden so that we could have the ceremony outside as we had originally planned.
    To bring this review to a close, I just want to thank everyone at The Mackey House. Elizabeth and Brooke were extremely helpful and quick to respond in the beginning stages. Shelley was so accommodating when it came to scheduling our rehearsal and in discussing all the final touches. And Dave was just an extreme pleasure to work with. Never was there a moment that I looked at him or needed his assistance that he did not have a warm and genuine smile on his face. This venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the decorations – everything about this place is magical!!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    The Mackey House 9
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 01/26/2019

Hurricane reschedule

The entire staff here were exceptional! Shelley helped me through the process of rescheduling my wedding due to a hurricane canceling my orginial wedding date. She made sure I knew all dates available. Quick responses, had her number to text her if I needed anything. They made my dreams come true. The venue has lots of natural beauty, and all their preapproved vendors were great. We used Ray’s BBQ and all our guests raved about it! Ray made my wish of incorporating the southern dish of shrimp and grits as our appetizer, which was absolutely amazing! Dave the manager on site day of made everything run soomthly and if there was ever a problem I didn’t know about it. I was never stressed or nervous about anything. They were all so welcoming, kind, caring, and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of. I could go on and on about this venue but it was the most beautiful desitination wedding ever and everyone at the Mackey house was so helpful.

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2018

Perfect first day

We had THE perfect first day of forver; The Mackey House is visually a dream come true for a wedding venue if you like a southern outdoor rustic, romantic elegance. We added an additional hour of time which to me seemed pricey but was well worth it (the quoted Mackey House price for your day is four hours total which does not pause for a cocktail hour and includes the ceremony and reception). I highly recommend doing it because my husband and I had the best day and weren’t stressed about our timeline. The staff at the Mackey House (notably Elizabeth) was very good to us and went out of their way to ensure our day was everything we dreamed it would be (it was). We started off with one day of coordinator and during our year long engagement got transferred to Elizabeth — we learned this happens often and there were some miscommunications that Elizabeth handled beautifully and made sure my now husband and I were happy. I am so grateful for this venue and the people attached to it for helping make my dream wedding come true.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mackey House is an amazing venue. We had guests from Florida, Chicago, Wisconsin, and everywhere in between and they all came away speechless at the stunning setting of the Mackey House. It is a great representation for why we love Savannah and chose it as our wedding city. We utilized the outdoor area for our ceremony, pavilion for cocktail hour, and the deck for the reception. All were incredible. The Mackey House staff was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the year leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding Dave was a rock star. This venue and the staff are the best in the business. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Paul · Married on 09/24/2018

We looked at some of the squares in Savannah and even some of the hotels there to find the perfect spot. While the squares are lovely, it was just to public for us. We wanted a small intimate wedding with just family and we found that in The Mackey House...and more! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and gave us the intimacy we were looking for. But, how to do this from Orlando, FL? This is where the staff stepped in. Elizabeth was wonderful to work with and answered all of our questions and gave us as much detail as we needed. The day of the wedding was magical and beyond what we ever imagined. The house manager, Dave, was such a gracious host and went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we needed. Chef Ray and his crew made a delicious meal that we still rave about! If you are thinking of a wedding or even a group event, The Mackey House is the first place you should check out because it will turn out to be the last place you stop!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Thomas · Married on 06/20/2018

Everyone here was so kind and gracious. Especially considering that we only gave them two weeks notice! Trying to plan a wedding via phone and email in two weeks from West Virginia is no easy task, but the team at the Mackey House made it feel so easy and stress-free. They were able to squeeze us in no problem and the value couldn't be beat. I'm not very familiar with wedding costs, but I would say that the Mackey House beats everyone else on price! If you plan on getting married in Savannah, your only option should be the Mackey House.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Ann · Married on 04/22/2018

My husband and I got married at the Mackey House on May 6,2018. To say that our day was perfect is an understatement. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted and dreamed of. Our day wouldn’t have turned out this way if it weren’t for the GORGEOUS venue of the Mackey House and their excellent team.

To be honest, my husband and I looked at venues in the Savannah area for months. We knew about the Mackey House, but thought that there was no way that it would fit into our budget. We finally got fed up, and we agreed to just “go look”. Turns out, it was cheaper than most venues in the Savannah area that we looked at. Not only that, they provided so much more than any other venue we considered. Making worth of every penny.

I worked with Caroline and Shelley. Both were amazing! They made the planning process such a breeze! I didn’t even need to consider hiring a planner. They walked me through everything and were very prompt in answering all of my ridiculous questions.

We hired Jordon and Dave as our DJ/EMCEE/Director, who were recommended by the venue. They were awesome! They were so fun and easy to work with. They understood exactly how we wanted our day to be and they made it a reality. The Rehearsal and the day of went so smoothly and all of the music selections were a hit! They made the day of the wedding so stress free for me. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing.

I hired Rays BBQ as our caterer, who was also suggested by the venue. Ray was so fun to work with and very accommodating. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!

I can’t give the Mackey House enough stars to reflect how pleased we are. They venue is a fairy tale, and the staff is professional, accommodating, prompt, and so much fun to work with. They make you feel right at home.

Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was. They enjoyed it so much!

Thank you Mackey House for an incredible wedding day we will always cherish!

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Peter

Peter · Married on 04/21/2018

Best venue to get married in Savannah!

As you could tell from the photos; this venue truly speaks for itself. On our first visit to Savannah, we did about 10 different site visits. We liked components of each but after leaving The Mackey House, we looked at each other and just knew this was where we wanted to get married.

We booked a year prior to our wedding date. We chose a Saturday in late April, one of the busiest times of the year, so the price was a bit high. Other days of the week are lower if you are flexible with days. Do make sure it’s clear what’s included at the time of booking. During the year leading up to the wedding; we had 2 new event coordinators and a new sales manager and manager. Just make sure to keep all emails on hand so you know whom you spoke with about what. There was one issue with the upgraded glassware for the reception. We were under the impression that was included upon booking. Our new event coordinator at the time confirmed with Mrs. Mackey and she made sure that we had it at no additional charge.

We were quite impressed with the Mackeys. Shelly was our main go to person leading up to the wedding. She was readily available answering my questions in the weeks before the wedding. We also had one last site visit a couple months prior and Mrs. Mackey was there to sit in on our meeting and answer any last minute questions we had.

What we loved the most about the Mackey House was the “one stop shop” atmosphere. The giant white colored plantation home with a wrap around porch was as charming on the inside as it was on the outside. The garden housed our ceremony with the cocktail hour being in the pavilion. They had so many charming areas of the property - all for guests to explore. We chose to have our reception on the upstairs deck. With 145 people, it was almost maxed out with space but still didn’t feel too congested. They even had a lift which was perfect for my grandmother who is immobile.

We decided to serve our dinner in the style of stations instead of sit down served. We converted the dining room and kitchen to accommodate these stations. The main room housed picture frames of my husband and I, a TV with a slideshow on loop and our cupcakes and desserts displayed.

The space was truly perfect.

We also added on the lantern package, which had lit up lanterns throughout the property. When we booked the sparkler send off was included. I would highly recommend adding this service on! The Mackey House staff handles all the arrangements for this. We decided to have a last dance with just the two of us, which allowed time for everyone to get ready for the sparkler send off.
    The Mackey House staff was truly superb. Prior to guest arrival they helped us around the property in getting different tables and such. The bar staff was incredibly hard working as well! Only minor complaint is that we expected a better quality of wine to be served. That’s all!

Mackey House should definitely be on your short list if you’re looking to get married in Savannah!!!

Sent on 03/11/2019
    The Mackey House 21
    The Mackey House 22
    The Mackey House 23

Kristin · Married on 03/02/2018

Our decision to get married at the Mackey House was the most important one we made for the wedding. I had visited a few times during the day at it was absolutely beautiful. I had seen picture at night but they did not do justice. When the sun went down and everything was lit up, it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. This was a destination wedding for us and what a way to introduce our families to the South. If I had to describe Southern Hospitality it would be the Mackey House! Working with Caroline was an absolute pleasure! I also got to meet Mrs. Mackey a few times and she was so warm and friendly. The team really makes you feel at home. Their prefered vendors were also all incredible. They all made the planning process stress free and the end result was the most beautiful memory that we could ever have. Thank you!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Chanice · Married on 11/30/2017

This is a beautiful place hidden in a one-of-a-kind forest-type scene. Dave, the director, made us feel very welcome from the start! I was not able to check the venue out first-hand with my sister (the bride) but I did see it for the first time at the wedding rehearsal the night before. Dave was very timely as well as efficient in going through the rehearsal with us. He was very personable and approachable, so we felt comfortable to ask him any questions as necessary. Besides this place being absolutely gorgeous and nostalgic with its rustic, 17th century feel, the staff was always available on the day of the wedding and provided last minute accommodations for us because of some mishaps on our end (ex: we forgot our own paper plates so the catering staff provided us some, etc.). We took photos after the ceremony and the scene was absolutely gorgeous and neat. It was overall just such a blessing of a day, not to mention Dave wears many hats like Dj-ing , being the MC, leading the wedding games, and honoring the people in their positions (ex. Acknowledging the roles of groomsmen and bridesmaids and making us feel welcome). Everything was fantastic and we truly enjoyed ourselves. More importantly, the bride and her groom enjoyed that special day! Thanks for such a great experience and may God bless your venue and company for more weddings to come your way!

Sent on 10/01/2016

leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

The Mackey House was beautiful and the best place to have a wedding. We got so many compliments on the venue. Katie was great and made sure everything ran smoothly for our special day. It couldn't of been more perfect! I would highly recommend the Mackey House.
    12-2-17

Sent on 12/02/2017

Tatiana · Married on 11/04/2017

Like anyone planning a wedding, we chose the venue and date first and everything else came from that. My fiancé (now wife) and I couldn’t be more happy and proud that we chose The Mackey House as our wedding venue. We worked with Caroline to do all the venue planning and Dave the day of. Both we absolutely fantastic. Their preferred vendors were all top notch. Our 65 guests all commented about how beautiful the venue was. We had guests coming from all over the country. They all enjoyed Savannah before and after the wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Alexa · Married on 10/09/2017

The Mackey House was amazing. We had a few issues the day of due to weather and Caroline and the whole Mackey crew helped make our wedding amazing even in a thunderstorm!

Sent on 10/23/2017
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 08/26/2017

The Mackey House was the most perfect backdrop to our perfect day! Caroline, Dave, and the entire Mackey House team made us feel so special and important throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Caroline was so readily available to us and constantly went out of her way to make sure that everything was in line with my vision, including acquiring alcohol outside of their vendor list and letting me come to the property for bridal photos. She was absolutely amazing!

I am so pleased with the Mackey House. It was truly worth every penny. Their preferred caterers are also excellent-- don't discount Ray's BBQ, even for a more formal event. His turkey options, brisket, and excellent stew and sides had my guests raving. He was incredibly professional and his team was cheerful and ready to assist!

The Mackey House is THE venue for a Savannah wedding. I could not recommend it more highly. Thank you to the whole Mackey House team for making our big day so special!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Dawn · Married on 03/24/2017

I was hesitant about having a wedding coordinator with a small wedding of 30 guests. I will have to say that both my husband and I agreed at the end of our day, Dave Gibson is worth every penny and more!!! He promised us all we had to do was show up and have fun and he held thru! Dave provided music for ceremony, DJ service and was our coordinator. He is your Go to Guy!! Beautiful location with meticulous grounds along with exceptional service.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Brittany · Married on 03/12/2017

When my husband and I started looking at wedding venues, we found some we liked but there was always a “it would be perfect BUT….” Until we visited The Mackey House! We can still remember driving up to the venue and just being in complete awe. Before we got back in the car after our tour, we both said without hesitation “THIS IS IT!” It is truly EVERYTHING you could ever ask for in a wedding venue and more! From the first day of our tour, The Mackey House staff blew us away. They were very organized, up front with all the costs, and provided great suggestions and recommendations. During the time between when we contracted with them and our wedding day, The Mackey House did transition through a few wedding pre-event planners. Even with those transitions, we never felt that our wedding day plans or any previous discussions were lost or forgotten about. Closer to our wedding date, we worked directly with Jessica to finalize all our wedding details! She was VERY responsive and awesome about helping in any way she could. With some last minute changes, she was very detailed oriented to ensure that what was in their system was up to date and accurate. One thing we would say to anyone looking at doing a wedding at The Mackey House would be that YOU HAVE TO HIRE DAVE!! Hands down the best wedding decision we made! Dave will make your wedding day flawless! He worked with us to plan out our wedding day timeline and gave us great suggestions! He was also open to having us call/text him as things came up or changed, which was extremely helpful! Our guest at our wedding still talk about how GOREGOUS and in awe they were at how beautiful the venue was and that it was by far the prettiest wedding venue they had been to! And not only that, so many of our guests talked about how smooth the wedding went and how great the music was! We truly cannot say thank you enough to Jessica, Dave and the rest of The Mackey House staff for being apart of making our wedding day picture perfect!

Sent on 03/27/2017

The most beautiful venue Savannah has to offer!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

The Mackey House's reply:

We agree! But more than the beauty is the uniqueness of the venue - gardens, lake, pavilion, party deck and more. A couple can truly choose the setting that matches the look and feel they wanted for wedding day.

Derrick · Married on 09/29/2016

This is a beautiful venue filled with a true southern experience. The staff was beyond incredible and made sure we were satisfied throughout the event. Dave, the wedding coordinator was a gem for us. He worked incredibly hard to make sure we were satisfied. I would recommend this venue to anybody! On top of the great experience, it was the most cost efficient venue in Savannah and the surrounding areas.

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2016

Let me start by saying Dave Gibson is a God Send. We began our wedding journey with the Mackey house with Susanna, and then through another, and then through another which became extremely frustrating. Dave stepped in and completely took over our entire event. He is a fantastic DJ as well! I completely forgot to send him my playlist in the midst of things so dance music (besides our special moments pre-planned) all night was all him and all great! The venue itself is one of a kind and having a mostly out of town guest list we wanted something to impress and we got that! They did a great job with giving me amazing vendor recommendations and are totally worth the money! Thank you for everything Dave!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Erin · Married on 07/22/2016

Dave and Krysti did an amazing job pulling our wedding together. The Mackey House delivered on being our dream venue and we had a blast! All of our guests told us over and over that it was one of the prettiest, most fun weddings they have ever attended. Dave was a fantastic DJ and really got involved. We had a blast going through musical choices with him, and he suggested a couple fun things that really got the reception off on the right foot. The Mackey House is a fantastic place to have your wedding. You won't find a prettier venue in Savannah where you can soak in Savannah's gorgeous scenery and celebrate the night away!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Nikki · Married on 06/17/2016

I just had my wedding here on June 17, and I must say The Mackey House is truly amazing! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating to every change we had to make due to the weather. It was a magical place to be and it was everything we could have wanted and more! I will recommend them to all of my friends because they were so professional, personable, and made us feel so special on our most important day!

Sent on 06/26/2016