The Mackey House Reviews

156 Reviews for The Mackey House

• Emily

Emily F. · Getting married on 06/07/2022

Beautiful and affordable

We had the entire place to ourselves for the wedding. Plenty of space for guests to explore and for us to have amazing photos. The staff is great in being flexible and helping you achieve your dream wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Emily, thank you for your kind words! We're glad to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful experience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of your very special day.

Brooke B. · Married on 12/20/2020

We had the most amazing wedding thanks to the Mackey House

Everyone loved the Mackey House. It’s so beautiful. They made everything come together exactly how I pictured it. They were great giving us recommendations for caterers and florists and officiants since we lived out of town! It made it fun and enjoyable instead of stressful. Love love love the Mackey house!!

Sent on 03/20/2021

The Mackey House's reply:

Brooke, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad we were able to help make your special day wonderful and as stress free as possible!

Jasmin C. · Married on 11/26/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

OH MY GOODNESS, where do I even start? The Mackey House was absolutely amazing from the start. Everyone I talked to was so helpful and DJ Dave Gibson is awesome!! I highly recommend the Mackey House for your wedding venue!

Sent on 11/20/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Jasmin, Thank you for your kind words! We are grateful that you chose our venue to celebrate your very special day. We wish you both may blessings!

Caitlyn R. · Married on 09/27/2020

Wedding of my dreams!

My husband and I got married at The Mackey House September 2020 and it was a fairytale. I couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out. Even getting married in the middle of a global pandemic it was everything I ever dreamed of and more. I moved to GA in 2016 and heard of the Mackey house shortly after moving and have wanted to get married there ever since. I knew when we got engaged and start looking that there was no other place I'd rather go. Dave and Shelly are nothing short of amazing, they were extremely helpful from day one of planning all the way to the end of the night on our big day. They were both always so responsive and made sure to put our minds at ease with everything. The venue itself is breathtaking, my guests still compliment it when they come around. It is so stunning and beautifully decorated. Every time we drove to the venue, coming around the corner and seeing the venue would literally make my jaw drop. It never got old, it was always such a beautiful experience. The day of the wedding, Dave was so helpful with everything going on and made me feel so comfortable so that I could just enjoy my day and then he was an amazing DJ at our reception. If you are planning on getting married at the Mackey house and aren't sure if you want to purchase dave's DJ services, let me be the one to push you to go for it. Our day wouldn't have been the same without him the entire ceromony and reception.My husband was actually deployed for a good amount of the year while we were planning so I was alone during most of the planning and Dave was sure to be so helpful and also was able to include my husband in the process which made me feel so much better. There is no doubt that your special day will be everything you want in a wedding if you book at The Mackey House. There's no need to continue looking around, you have found the perfect dream venue right here. Thank you again to Dave, Shelly and the rest of the wonderful staff for making all of my dreams come true. I wish we could rewind and live it all over again.

Sent on 11/29/2020

Caitlyn R. · Married on 09/27/2020

Wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 11/29/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you Caitlyn for your awesome review!
    We’re so glad we could help to make your special day all that you hoped for!
  • Tannerwhitford@yahoo.com

Tanner W. · Married on 08/30/2020

The Mackey house made for one beautiful wedding and is a fantastic value for the quality of service and location

Everything was perfect, the house offered a great space to accommodate our guest and the landscaping surrounding the house was beautiful and very well kept. I would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/01/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Tanner! We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience and we appreciate you choosing us to help make your wedding day all the more special!

Hannah B. · Married on 08/08/2020

I loved working with the Mackey House

I absolutely loved working with the Mackey House. Everyone was so nice and made sure everything was perfect and ran smoothly. Nicole is amazing at coordinating everything and Dave kicked butt as our DJ and wedding coordinator the day of. We ended up having a few minor issues and the staff handled everything beautifully. Could not have asked for a better team to handle our wedding day. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 09/04/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Hannah, thank you for giving us the opportunity to help make one of the most important days of your life so special! We wish you both many blessings!

Sierra · Married on 06/20/2020

The most special place in this world.

From the very start of my experience with the Mackey House everything was perfect. From my first time stepping on property for my tour they made me feel comfortable. Shelley was my go to person throughout the whole process and she is just great and a sweetheart. Nicole is amazing. I was a corona bride and these two made everything SOOO EASY! My biggest stress was finding a new date and they just made the process so smooth and was here for me and supportive. Dave was our on site staff for the day of the wedding and let me tell you HE IS THE MAN!!! He made sure everything was good and ran smoothly. He made me and my groom feel so comfortable. This place is beautiful and stunning and magical. I would recommend everyone to get married here. They have the most incredible staff here. They made all my dreams come to life. As annoying as I felt asking questions they were always happy and ready to answer and assist. I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over again. It wouldnt have been as perfect as it was without the staff and this location. Every guest I had talked about how gorgeous that venue is. I will never forget my wedding day and will never be able to thank the Mackey House staff enough. and they even let me bring my dog!!!

Sent on 08/12/2020

The Mackey House's reply:

Sierra, we are so pleased to see that you had an amazing experience from start to finish. Getting married is one of the most important occasions in your life and we're grateful that you allowed us to be a part of making it so special! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 12/14/2019

Dream wedding venue

The Mackey House is the dream wedding venue. The house and grounds are exquisite. The staff at Mackey House are a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/11/2019
  • Z

Zoraida R. · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing Mackey House Wedding

The Mackey House was absolutely amazing! The venue is beautiful and has great options for ceremony and reception. They were great to work with and so accommodating. All of our guests were so impressed with how beautiful everything was. Shelley was so helpful and fun. Dave was great at overseeing everything and so nice (he even shared his cough drops with me cause I started to lose my voice). Thanks Mackey House for making our day so special ❤️

Sent on 11/12/2019

Kaycee · Married on 11/09/2019

So happy I chose the Mackey House!

My now husband and I wanted a destination wedding in Savannah, we came across the Mackey House and fell in love with the beauty of the property. From the first email until the last the staff at the Mackey House were very responsive and helpful especially since we were planning everything through the phone, emails, etc.

We had 120 guest and utilized the lakeside ceremony location and the deck for the reception. We were nervous about the amount of people on the deck, however, their were plenty of space and it was not overcrowded at all.

Dave was absolutely phenomenal as both the coordinator and DJ. We are very happy we chose to use his services as he made the wedding day flawless and kept our guests dancing the entire night. Dave walked us through the entire process and offered his experiences to help guide us through decision making.

We used Chef Ray and were extremely happy with the food he provided. Our guests are still raving about it !! He really worked with us to provide a specific menu we wanted for our guests. I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Allysha

Allysha C. · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing venue, amazing people!

This venue was more than we even imagined! It is so beautiful and everyone was so helpful and kind from the day we submitted our request for our date, throughout our entire event. Someone was always there to answer any questions we had, they made sure everyone ran smoothly on our big day, and most importantly everyone was very nice, professional, and open to help with anything we needed. We highly recommend using the Mackey House!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer W. · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful Venue!

Very friendly people and a beautiful venue. A lot of nice places for beautiful pictures.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth J. · Married on 06/10/2019

So amazing!

They are so helpful and so amazing! Everybody there is so nice and they honestly want your day to be amazing. My husband and I planned a destination wedding and not being in the same state made things a little more difficult but The Mackey House helped so much from giving us catering choices, bakeries and helping us reach out to photographers, DJs. They always answer any questions as soon as possible. It’s so beautiful there too.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Brittany · Married on 04/19/2019

4/19/19 dream wedding

All I have to say about this place is that it is magical!! Just kidding…I have a lot more to say… step one of wedding planning for us was finding the venue – The Mackey House was actually one of the first places I stumbled across. Just from the looks of it, I thought to myself that this was the wedding venue of my dreams & that there was no way we could afford to have our wedding here. But – not only is this venue beautiful beyond belief – it is affordable. We had our consultation there with Elizabeth (who was sweet as can be) but then continued on with our search to see if there were any other venues that would be suitable for our big day. Only to find that nothing seemed more right than choosing The Mackey House.
    When the day finally came – this day that brought a forecast of such dreadful weather (100% chance of strong winds, thunderstorms, tornado warnings) – the staff was so quick to do their best to keep us positive and to let us know that they were going to do everything they could to make sure we still had the beautiful wedding we sought to have here. Much to our surprise, an hour before the ceremony was set to begin, the rain stopped, and the sun came out. Dave assured us that their goal at this time was to dry off all the chairs in the garden so that we could have the ceremony outside as we had originally planned.
    To bring this review to a close, I just want to thank everyone at The Mackey House. Elizabeth and Brooke were extremely helpful and quick to respond in the beginning stages. Shelley was so accommodating when it came to scheduling our rehearsal and in discussing all the final touches. And Dave was just an extreme pleasure to work with. Never was there a moment that I looked at him or needed his assistance that he did not have a warm and genuine smile on his face. This venue, the staff, the atmosphere, the decorations – everything about this place is magical!!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 01/26/2019

Hurricane reschedule

The entire staff here were exceptional! Shelley helped me through the process of rescheduling my wedding due to a hurricane canceling my orginial wedding date. She made sure I knew all dates available. Quick responses, had her number to text her if I needed anything. They made my dreams come true. The venue has lots of natural beauty, and all their preapproved vendors were great. We used Ray’s BBQ and all our guests raved about it! Ray made my wish of incorporating the southern dish of shrimp and grits as our appetizer, which was absolutely amazing! Dave the manager on site day of made everything run soomthly and if there was ever a problem I didn’t know about it. I was never stressed or nervous about anything. They were all so welcoming, kind, caring, and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of. I could go on and on about this venue but it was the most beautiful desitination wedding ever and everyone at the Mackey house was so helpful.

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2018

Perfect first day

We had THE perfect first day of forver; The Mackey House is visually a dream come true for a wedding venue if you like a southern outdoor rustic, romantic elegance. We added an additional hour of time which to me seemed pricey but was well worth it (the quoted Mackey House price for your day is four hours total which does not pause for a cocktail hour and includes the ceremony and reception). I highly recommend doing it because my husband and I had the best day and weren’t stressed about our timeline. The staff at the Mackey House (notably Elizabeth) was very good to us and went out of their way to ensure our day was everything we dreamed it would be (it was). We started off with one day of coordinator and during our year long engagement got transferred to Elizabeth — we learned this happens often and there were some miscommunications that Elizabeth handled beautifully and made sure my now husband and I were happy. I am so grateful for this venue and the people attached to it for helping make my dream wedding come true.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2018

The Mackey House is an amazing venue. We had guests from Florida, Chicago, Wisconsin, and everywhere in between and they all came away speechless at the stunning setting of the Mackey House. It is a great representation for why we love Savannah and chose it as our wedding city. We utilized the outdoor area for our ceremony, pavilion for cocktail hour, and the deck for the reception. All were incredible. The Mackey House staff was extremely professional and accommodating throughout the year leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding Dave was a rock star. This venue and the staff are the best in the business. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Paul · Married on 09/24/2018

We looked at some of the squares in Savannah and even some of the hotels there to find the perfect spot. While the squares are lovely, it was just to public for us. We wanted a small intimate wedding with just family and we found that in The Mackey House...and more! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and gave us the intimacy we were looking for. But, how to do this from Orlando, FL? This is where the staff stepped in. Elizabeth was wonderful to work with and answered all of our questions and gave us as much detail as we needed. The day of the wedding was magical and beyond what we ever imagined. The house manager, Dave, was such a gracious host and went above and beyond to make sure we had exactly what we needed. Chef Ray and his crew made a delicious meal that we still rave about! If you are thinking of a wedding or even a group event, The Mackey House is the first place you should check out because it will turn out to be the last place you stop!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Thomas · Married on 06/20/2018

Everyone here was so kind and gracious. Especially considering that we only gave them two weeks notice! Trying to plan a wedding via phone and email in two weeks from West Virginia is no easy task, but the team at the Mackey House made it feel so easy and stress-free. They were able to squeeze us in no problem and the value couldn't be beat. I'm not very familiar with wedding costs, but I would say that the Mackey House beats everyone else on price! If you plan on getting married in Savannah, your only option should be the Mackey House.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Ann · Married on 04/22/2018

My husband and I got married at the Mackey House on May 6,2018. To say that our day was perfect is an understatement. Our wedding was everything we could have ever wanted and dreamed of. Our day wouldn’t have turned out this way if it weren’t for the GORGEOUS venue of the Mackey House and their excellent team.

To be honest, my husband and I looked at venues in the Savannah area for months. We knew about the Mackey House, but thought that there was no way that it would fit into our budget. We finally got fed up, and we agreed to just “go look”. Turns out, it was cheaper than most venues in the Savannah area that we looked at. Not only that, they provided so much more than any other venue we considered. Making worth of every penny.

I worked with Caroline and Shelley. Both were amazing! They made the planning process such a breeze! I didn’t even need to consider hiring a planner. They walked me through everything and were very prompt in answering all of my ridiculous questions.

We hired Jordon and Dave as our DJ/EMCEE/Director, who were recommended by the venue. They were awesome! They were so fun and easy to work with. They understood exactly how we wanted our day to be and they made it a reality. The Rehearsal and the day of went so smoothly and all of the music selections were a hit! They made the day of the wedding so stress free for me. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing.

I hired Rays BBQ as our caterer, who was also suggested by the venue. Ray was so fun to work with and very accommodating. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious!

I can’t give the Mackey House enough stars to reflect how pleased we are. They venue is a fairy tale, and the staff is professional, accommodating, prompt, and so much fun to work with. They make you feel right at home.

Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful and perfect our wedding was. They enjoyed it so much!

Thank you Mackey House for an incredible wedding day we will always cherish!

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Peter

Peter · Married on 04/21/2018

Best venue to get married in Savannah!

As you could tell from the photos; this venue truly speaks for itself. On our first visit to Savannah, we did about 10 different site visits. We liked components of each but after leaving The Mackey House, we looked at each other and just knew this was where we wanted to get married.

We booked a year prior to our wedding date. We chose a Saturday in late April, one of the busiest times of the year, so the price was a bit high. Other days of the week are lower if you are flexible with days. Do make sure it’s clear what’s included at the time of booking. During the year leading up to the wedding; we had 2 new event coordinators and a new sales manager and manager. Just make sure to keep all emails on hand so you know whom you spoke with about what. There was one issue with the upgraded glassware for the reception. We were under the impression that was included upon booking. Our new event coordinator at the time confirmed with Mrs. Mackey and she made sure that we had it at no additional charge.

We were quite impressed with the Mackeys. Shelly was our main go to person leading up to the wedding. She was readily available answering my questions in the weeks before the wedding. We also had one last site visit a couple months prior and Mrs. Mackey was there to sit in on our meeting and answer any last minute questions we had.

What we loved the most about the Mackey House was the “one stop shop” atmosphere. The giant white colored plantation home with a wrap around porch was as charming on the inside as it was on the outside. The garden housed our ceremony with the cocktail hour being in the pavilion. They had so many charming areas of the property - all for guests to explore. We chose to have our reception on the upstairs deck. With 145 people, it was almost maxed out with space but still didn’t feel too congested. They even had a lift which was perfect for my grandmother who is immobile.

We decided to serve our dinner in the style of stations instead of sit down served. We converted the dining room and kitchen to accommodate these stations. The main room housed picture frames of my husband and I, a TV with a slideshow on loop and our cupcakes and desserts displayed.

The space was truly perfect.

We also added on the lantern package, which had lit up lanterns throughout the property. When we booked the sparkler send off was included. I would highly recommend adding this service on! The Mackey House staff handles all the arrangements for this. We decided to have a last dance with just the two of us, which allowed time for everyone to get ready for the sparkler send off.
    The Mackey House staff was truly superb. Prior to guest arrival they helped us around the property in getting different tables and such. The bar staff was incredibly hard working as well! Only minor complaint is that we expected a better quality of wine to be served. That’s all!

Mackey House should definitely be on your short list if you’re looking to get married in Savannah!!!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Kristin · Married on 03/02/2018

Our decision to get married at the Mackey House was the most important one we made for the wedding. I had visited a few times during the day at it was absolutely beautiful. I had seen picture at night but they did not do justice. When the sun went down and everything was lit up, it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. This was a destination wedding for us and what a way to introduce our families to the South. If I had to describe Southern Hospitality it would be the Mackey House! Working with Caroline was an absolute pleasure! I also got to meet Mrs. Mackey a few times and she was so warm and friendly. The team really makes you feel at home. Their prefered vendors were also all incredible. They all made the planning process stress free and the end result was the most beautiful memory that we could ever have. Thank you!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Chanice · Married on 11/30/2017

This is a beautiful place hidden in a one-of-a-kind forest-type scene. Dave, the director, made us feel very welcome from the start! I was not able to check the venue out first-hand with my sister (the bride) but I did see it for the first time at the wedding rehearsal the night before. Dave was very timely as well as efficient in going through the rehearsal with us. He was very personable and approachable, so we felt comfortable to ask him any questions as necessary. Besides this place being absolutely gorgeous and nostalgic with its rustic, 17th century feel, the staff was always available on the day of the wedding and provided last minute accommodations for us because of some mishaps on our end (ex: we forgot our own paper plates so the catering staff provided us some, etc.). We took photos after the ceremony and the scene was absolutely gorgeous and neat. It was overall just such a blessing of a day, not to mention Dave wears many hats like Dj-ing , being the MC, leading the wedding games, and honoring the people in their positions (ex. Acknowledging the roles of groomsmen and bridesmaids and making us feel welcome). Everything was fantastic and we truly enjoyed ourselves. More importantly, the bride and her groom enjoyed that special day! Thanks for such a great experience and may God bless your venue and company for more weddings to come your way!

Sent on 10/01/2016