1535 West Ave Office, Richmond, VA 23220 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 28

About The Lighting & Sound Company

Discover Event Perfection. Get to know the Mid-Atlantic's premier event lighting and sound vendor. Our experienced technicians and award-winning designers are dedicated to ensuring the success of your event. From New York to Virginia, The Lighting and Sound Company brings a track record of excellence and a promise of perfection on your special day. With unlimited resources at our disposal, there is no event that we can't handle.

Meet with our designers and explore the endless possibilities for your wedding, experience effects before they happen with our state-of-the-art rendering software. We're on a mission to change quality standards and making dreams become reality is just part of our goal.

Trust in experience. Our highly-trained crew will assure that your wedding goes off without a hitch, leaving you with only two jobs: say "I do" and have fun!

Follow The Lighting & Sound Company on

The Lighting & Sound Company 4
The Lighting & Sound Company 5
  • Nilufer

Nilufer · Married on 08/10/2019

Not into cookie-cutter decor? Hire them.

I planned my own wedding by myself, while living in different city than the wedding venue and working a full-time job. (Avoid doing this, by the way.) So, when I encountered a vendor highly responsive to emails and/or willing to work with my schedule for calls or onsite visits, they generally got a boast during the interview and hiring process. Nearly every event lighting company in the Richmond area were pretty unaccommodating. They always insist that you coming into their showroom during their business hours, no video conference calls, and basically talked to me like me I could not possible understand the difference between various lighting options. (Please. I can goggle and read.) They keep telling me that what I wanted wasn't possible then either trying sell me expensive, un-romantic uplighting (was not going for a tired nightclub look) or change the proposed layout ans scheme to one they had done before in that venue. They acted like I was asking for some massive engineering feat to be performed because the venue's ceiling wasn't over 10 ft, but I know from the restaurants and bars frequent you don't need cathedral ceilings to a create beautiful, romantic lighting schemes. Finally, I found Dylan and The Lighting and Sound Company. Dylan was open to new ideas and not afraid of a challenge. He tested a proposed scheme out at their warehouse ahead time and then gave me a reasonable quote. Day-of, his crew created two white-corded mini-string light canopies for the dance floor that fit perfectly into the venue space. The result was magical and down right exciting for all the guests.

Sent on 08/15/2019
    The Lighting & Sound Company 6
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome Lights!

Dylan and the Lighting and Sound were wonderful to work with! The executed our vision and gave us multiple great options within our budget. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2018

Dylan and the rest of the team at The Lighting & Sound Company were so awesome! The really added an extra element that putting my wedding and reception over the top. When developing our custom gobo, I gave Dylan inspiration from our invitations and he nailed the design. The attendant remained on site through the ceremony and amped up the lighting during the reception. They exceeded expectations and I will definitely recommend them to others.

Sent on 09/03/2018
    The Lighting & Sound Company 7
    The Lighting & Sound Company 8
    The Lighting & Sound Company 9
    The Lighting & Sound Company 10

Award

• Agape Love Events, LLC
    Agape Love Events, LLC Wedding Planners

It's always a pleasure to work with The Lighting & Sound Co! They are extremely professional and amazing at what they do!!

• 1535 West Ave, Office Richmond, 23220 See on map