50-300
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Lake House

Exclusive Waterfront Catering

The New Lake House catering facility in Wolcott, Connecticut, is located within steps of its own private lake.  Situated on over 19 acres, privacy and sophistication adorns you from the moment you arrive.  Remodeled to capture unsurpassed lake views from every seat, The Lake House delivers the finest service and cutting edge cuisine to satisfy the most discerning of palates.

The Lake House offers “a` la carte dining in a banquet setting”, one server per table and state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems. The Lake House is destined to be the premier catering facility in the tri-state area.

The Lake House is now accepting reservations for your special occasion. With the capacity of hosting events from 50 to 300, The Lake House is a full service catering facility.

Whether you are celebrating a wedding, bar/bat mitzvah, a special social event or privacy for your next corporate retreat, let The Lake House cater to your every need.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: Hartford

Follow The Lake House on

9 Reviews for The Lake House

2.9
User Photos
Photos

My recent wedding at The Lake House went off without a hitch! Kelly, Paul, Rusty, and the rest of the staff members could not have been more accommodating and helped the day run smoothly, even going above and beyond by baking a special cake for my grandmothers 101 birthday, which we celebrated together at the wedding! The beautiful, rustic building with lake view and the menu was superb with many of our guests saying it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Kelly and Paul worked closely with us throughout the entire planning process and they certainly delivered! A beautiful venue with an amazing lake view and gourmet food- there is no doubt in my mind that The Lake House is destined to become one of the premier wedding venues in CT. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much Kelly and Paul for all of your help in making our wedding day stress-free and memorable!

Profile Picture Shannon, 8/11/18, 1 Review
0.5

Do not waste your money at this venue. Like so many others we had a HORRIBLE experience booking with The Lake House. We fell in love with the sketches and Kelli's words and quickly signed a contract for July 2018. We were told they would be done in March 2017 and the first wedding would be in May. When my fiance and I arrived in May it was not even close to being done and they made no mention of the weddings being cancelled or postponed. We NEVER received any updates or were told there were delays in building. We based everything off of the one picture we were shown and when we arrived I pointed out to Kelli that already there were elements from the pictures missing on the actual building. She pretended she didn't notice and gave us a shrugged response of "oh I guess they changed their minds." This was not acceptable especially since we were again, not notified! When a month later no more progress had been made we realized we had to move on. The majority of our guests were coming from overseas and had started to book flights for our date and we couldn't risk them coming over for a wedding where the venue was not completed. When we asked for our money back (since we consider it breaking contract when you lie about timelines, aesthetics, and don't update your customers) they were incredibly rude. Kelli responded with more lies about how my parents had been over an hour late to their initial appointment (even though they have TIME STAMPED pictures on their phones from that appointment that clearly show they were on time), about how she had to go out of her way to accommodate my handicapped mother, and how if we continued to pursue getting our deposit back in other ways they would use legal force against us. It was by far the most HORRIFIC experience, especially when your wedding is supposed to be the happiest time of your life and they made the start stressful and miserable. Even though it is finally completed, I would not book with them. Wish I could give 0 stars.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jana, 7/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kelli was the first vendor I spoke with at the CT Bridal Expo in January 2018. Immediately, I was impressed with the layout of the venue (the blueprints were displayed), array of options, and beautiful scenic photos of the property. I went through the entire expo and decided to go back to speak with her again. Although my now husband wasn't there I knew he would love it just as much as I did. When I got home I couldn't stop talking about how much I wanted to go visit. Within the week we had an appointment to visit The Lake House. Needless to say we chose to host our wedding, on May 26, at TLH. Everything was supurb! From the wine in the bridal suites when we arrived, to the stunning outdoor ceremony, and of course the outstanding food (which was all the rave amongst guests). The owners of TLH made the entire process simple and enjoyable. Our wedding day was flawless. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We truly hope to attend future events there and highly recommend TLH. Lastly, ignore all of the negative comments and reviews. TLH is prepared and ready to help you make once in a lifetime memories.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/26/18, 1 Review