The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble

7819 SE Henry St., Portland, OR 97206 Map · Phone number

About The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble

The House of Cards Music is a full-service boutique music booking agency which features some of Portland's most eclectic musical performers, and stacks the deck in your favor. It is owned by professional musicians Jen Bernard and Pete Krebs, and showcases the talents of Portland's hippest musicians and bands. We feature The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble for ceremonies and cocktail hours, and many other great bands for receptions, such a The Stolen Sweets, The Pete Krebs Trio, Sneakin' Out, Vagabond Opera, 3 Leg Torso and many others. Parisian gypsy jazz from the '30s? Mind-bending Eastern Euro carnival insanity? Foot-stompin' bluegrass? Booty-shakin' new wave? Hauntingly beautiful chamber music? We've got it. Portland is a music town. No one should be stuck with boring, formulaic wedding music in a town as musically-rich as Portland.

Let us help you put together a fabulous ceremony/reception package to streamline your wedding. Or we're happy to book just your ceremony, or just your reception. Many reception bands can also play for ceremonies.

Jen and Pete have years of professional event experience under their belts, and know how to handle all the juicy logistics that crop up when you're planning an event. We're efficient, quick with communication and eager to help! Give us a call or shoot us an email to get the process started. We have great ideas, and we're excited to help you think outside the box with your wedding music.

Follow The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble on

Jen's dresser, full of pretty things that make her happy
Let it Bee Gee!
Sneakin' Out!
Sneakin' Out!
Jen's vanity shot, showing the effects of a hot roller set

13 Reviews for The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble

Sharen · Married on 03/19/2016

My now husband and I knew we didn't want to have a traditional wedding march played at our ceremony. Instead, we really loved the sound of Sufjan Stevens' "Chicago," which also was a song that held a special meaning to both of us. So in finding the perfect ceremony musicians we wanted to find someone who would be willing to create an instrumental arrangement for us, who could do it well, and also a group that was within our budget! We were both so incredibly fortunate to come across Jen Bernard at House of Cards Music who helped bring this vision to life for us. She has a team of experts working with her and ultimately put together a trio of string musicians that are amidst Portland's best - this included the concertmaster for the Oregon Symphony (the first chair violinist!) and one of the cellists from the Portland Opera Orchestra! We knew we were in good hands.

On the day of the ceremony we heard their rendition of "Chicago" for the first time moments before walking down the aisle and it just brought tears to my eyes. They captured the melody so perfectly and created this incredible build up before I began to walk down the aisle. After the fact I had told my wedding planner and Jen that I so wished we had someone film that moment for us because it was far too brief, but those seconds were made unforgettable in large part due to the gorgeous and powerful melody being played in the background - it made that moment magical.

I could not recommend working with House of Cards Music enough - they were professional, trustworthy, incredibly responsive, and they listened to our wants/needs and helped bring our vision to life. What an incredibly talented group of musicians - I have such an immense gratitude for each of them and could not have imagined my ceremony without them.

Sent on 03/23/2016

The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Sharen. It was a pleasure customizing this piece for you, as a lover of indie folk music myself. So thrilled to hear that the string trio brought it to life perfectly. I so appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Cheers!

Martin · Married on 05/30/2015

House of Cards did a fantastic job playing at our wedding & reception! Jen worked closely with us to make sure we got what we wanted, and was very responsive to our email inquiries. All of our guests had a great time and loved the music!

Sent on 06/15/2015

The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble's reply:

Hi Martin! Thanks so much for such a sweet review. It was a genuine pleasure playing for you and Carrie. All us musicians exchanged knowing looks as your guests started coming in.....this is a SCI FI wedding and it's going to be very cool. I loved the Star Trek essences within the ceremony....ha! Hope you guys had a blast in the tropics. Thanks again, Jen

Excellent music, played by excellent musicians who know and understand music. The quality of the sound and arrangements of songs were top notch. Every single guest at our wedding commented and complemented on the wonderful work this group did. We could not have asked for better! Thank you Jen!

Award

The House of Cards Music, featuring The Ariel Consort Chamber Ensemble FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Acapella, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Orchestra, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7+
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Piano, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System, Vocals

• Bethany Evans, Harpist
    Bethany Evans, Harpist Wedding Musicians

Beautiful music played by professional musicians! The couple can choose any combination of instruments and The Ariel Consort will make it happen.

• Bridal Bliss
    Bridal Bliss Wedding Planners

I am not only a VERY happy past client of The Ariel Consort, I am also a wedding planner and hire this group on a very regular basis. I have worked with Jen and The Ariel Consort for years and have been nothing less than thrilled with their level of professionalism, talent and flexibility. When it came time to plan my own wedding, I knew instantly that I would call on The Ariel Consort. Once again, they went above and beyond and several of my guests commented on what a talented group they are. I continue to recommend The Ariel Consort to my clients with no reservations!

• A Beautiful Ceremony NW
    A Beautiful Ceremony NW Wedding Officiants

Jen is an absolute delight! Talented, beautiful, funny, organized and driven. This is a woman who gets things done and has a ball doing it. Let The House of Cards take care of all your musical needs and just enjoy the experience!

• 7819 SE Henry St. Portland, OR 97206 See on map